Agency: Bureau of Information and Telecommunications, Engineering
Salary/Grade: $17.70 per hour T15
Job ID: 783
Close Date: 12/11/2012
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Installs, repairs and maintains electronic broadcast and microwave equipment to ensure the proper and legal operation of broadcast equipment and quality of broadcast signals; or maintains and participates in the planning and design of State Radio systems, multiplex equipment, data and voice circuits for control of radio repeaters and provides technical and consulting support to clients using State Radio Services.
Successful applicant must have a valid driver's license. There will be travel mainly in the west river area but can include some travel to east river with occasional overnight stays. There will be some overnight work after 11:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M. to minimize program delivery disruption. Due to adverse weather conditions incumbent may have to perform work in inclement weather which may require incumbent to walk into field sites using snow boots/snow shores or mud boots.
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
- engineering principles,
- electronics at the component level,
- television and radio station technical operation and maintenance techniques,
- software programming for radio equipment,
- computer operational and technical skills,
- FCC and FAA rules and regulations.
- direct and supervise the actions of others when necessary,
- diagnose and correct technical problems,
- use oscilloscopes and frequency counters,
- work independently.
For more information and to apply, please go to http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"