State of Tennessee

State of Tennessee Employer Reviews

Poor Administration
Child Protective Services, Case Manager (Current Employee), TNJanuary 21, 2015
It quickly became clear that upper management cared little about those on their team. Caseloads were unmanageable, however case managers were held to unachievable standards. Also, policy always seemed to outweigh actual safety of children.
tdoc
Correction Emergency Response Team (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 15, 2015
i have been with tdoc for one and a half years. i have been on the correction emergency response team for the majority of that time. i was hand selected by the warden to be on the team. i worked hard and always was there to help others. if you do your job and work hard people will notice and you will be able to move into positions that you may like to do.
good job
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Nice place to work was there for 19 years. very good job good location good hours good people to work with it was good to go to work everyday
Challenging work that was rewarding.
ERP Consultant Cost Allocation (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great support from management
Cons: lack of communication from agency staff
A typical day involved identifying issues, testing the system configuration, and comparing expected results with the actual results. Using this information to work directly with State Agency staff and PeopleSoft consultants to resolve issues and reporting. The hardest part of the job was managing the different reports and needs of the State Agencies.
Customer is fantastic; co workers not always so great
Revenue Audit Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 22, 2014
Great benefits including holidays, dental & medical insurance plans, retirement and savings plan, not always great working environment.
Typical beureucracy
Cook (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: bad work environment
Some of the people I worked with were generally good people but it is tough to overcome a tense work environment because of the pervasive lack of quality leadership.
Information Hostess
Welcome Center Assistant (Former Employee), Jasper, TNDecember 12, 2014
Greeted tourists with maps, brochures, and information on Tennessee points of interest, routes, road conditions, and accommodations. Maintained guest registers. Assisted tourists in securing accommodations through the hotel/motel/campground, reservation system; maintained record of calls and reservations made.
Work Summary
Sourcing Analyst Team Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2014
• Solves complex problems associated with data and spend analysis, cost benchmarks, diverse and/or conflicting agency requirements, and procurement processes
• Represents the Central Procurement Office in public settings to various groups, which include, but are not limited to, relevant industry trade groups, the state fiscal review committee, the state procurement commission, the state protest committee and the advisory council on state procurement
• Provides strategic advice and consultation to agency procurement and program staff to determine the proper methods of procurement as well as strategy development and execution of procurement activities
Administrative
Fiscal Manager (Former Employee), 312 Rosa L. Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 32743November 18, 2014
Pros: retired from state of tn they were great employer in all aspects of my employment with them
I have extensive experience in HR, Procurement/Purchasing, Accounts Payable/Receivalbe, Budget, Contract/Grant Management, Inventory/PropertyManagement as well as over 20+ years administrative, HR, and Operational management experience.

I am foramlly trained on Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) as well as PeopleSoft and many other professional courses.
N/A
COMMUNITY PLANNER (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2014
During my tenure as a Community Planner with the State of Tennessee, Department of Economic and Community Development, Local Planning Assistance Office, I served as the professional planning staff to Chief Executive Officers, planning commissions and boards of zoning appeals of local municipalities within assigned contracts (City of Fayetteville, City of Pulaski, Town of Petersburg, Town of Estill Springs, City of Chapel Hill, TN and Lincoln County, TN. I served as the program administrator for FEMA's NFIP within the assigned communities. I also developed land use and transportation plans, community facilities plans, public improvement programs and capital budgets. I provided recommendations on development proposals to assure compliance with local, state and federal regulations when developing environmental areas. I prepared, implemented and monitored an annual planning work program to address local development goals and issues. I attended regular night meetings and provided technical assistance to the general public, local developers, surveyors and engineers on development projects. I prepared technical reports, strategic plans, regulations and ordinances. I evaluated development projects for sensitive environmental hazards to insure federal, state and local government compliance. I provided support and information in the preparation of community application for grants-in-aid and I prepared and presented educational materials to local community leaders, officials and the general public. I am adept at planning policy research while using various statistical approaches in collecting and interpreting data for reporting purposes.
Helping Children
Child Protective Services Case Manager (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 5, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: political
Too much inference from political agenda's.
Helped children and families with needed services.
I worked in the Complaints and Appeals Unit for 5 years. I enjoyed the population we served, and the management suppport I received.
MR Program Specialist II (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: management support and the population served.
Cons: intense deadlines for the appeals processes.
A typical day at work involved managing the Appeals processes, and handling complaints through Conflict Resolution. I learned a great deal during my work in this unit. My manager was very supportive, and had the support of my co workers. The most difficult aspect of my job was the deadlines for the appeals processes, as they were very specific and timely. I had to be very organized to manage the deadlines.
Information Representative
INFORMATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, good benefits, job security
Cons: no back-up for job, no days off
Preparation of daily news clips for governor's communications office. Early hours to meet or exceed deadline of 7 a.m, seven days per week. Responsible for monitoring social media conversation about governor's office and various state agencies. Created and maintained social media presence for department of finance and administration. Worked on special projects as assigned including daily summary of what news outlets around the state were covering.
Met life long friends while working here
Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long drives at times
helped counties out for reappraisal purposes before the counties took them over
State of Tennessee- Corrections
Correctional Clerical Officer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: education reimbursment, sick bank, employee assistance program
Cons: pay, no cost of living raises, promotions
Working for the Department of Corrections allowed me to learn the importance of providing a safe and secure environment inside and outside the prison. Management played an essential part of my daily routine in order to assist them with major reports, memos, and critique current ideas and policies. I enjoyed be able to assist those that were in need and helping them to come up with an effective solution. Assisting Lipscomb University upon their arrival and departure to the institution was very rewarding for me, as well as assisting the teacher's on an as needed bases.
Great Employer
ELIGIBILITY COUNSELOR II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Lots of room for advancement within the agency and for other agencies for the State of Texas. Excellent benefits package.
Thius is a challenging job, but very rewarding. I expect to work there until I retire
Eligibility Counselor II (Current Employee), Covington TennesseeOctober 25, 2014
On a typical day, I meet with or interview anywhere between 4 to 20 scheduled clients. This does not include clients who call or walk in. Thus, it is a very full day, and requires a great deal of time management. The clients I serve come from exceptionally diverse backgrounds. Sensitivity to cultural, economic and social backgrounds is crucial. Many of my clients are physically impaired as well, requiring more adaptations in communication style. I often describe my job like taking a calculus test all day long, while being interrupted throughout with additional problems. Exceptional math and analytical skills are crucial--as is organization, when all the interruptions are considered.
The good, the bad and the ugly leads to the aesthetically pleasing.
Certified LEED Green Associate (Current Employee), Maynard Mathematics and Computer Science BuildingOctober 22, 2014
I enjoy and excel in all aspects of the profession, but cherish design and detailing above all else. Creating a space that satisfies a client is paramount, but seeing your geometry come to life and seeing the building as a testament of your effort and abilities keeps you going.
Construction administration, the necessary evil, provides insight into how your next project will be designed.
State of TN/Dept. of Human Services/Vocational Rehabilitation; Busy business and good benefits.
Secretary (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: decent pay; great benefits.
Cons: drive to and from work from smyrna (i-24 w) was a battle.
A typical day @ work was working for (4) Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors. Entering new clients in system, along with billing to various agencies; paying said authorizations; filing, fill in receptionist, running required reports, etc.
Learned many facets of disabilities (behaviors, limitations, etc.)
Co-workers were pleasant and busy; as we all were.
Hardest part of job was converting to a new computer system, which turned out to be a great thing.
Most enjoyable part of job was the development of friendships among peers. I also enjoyed the clerical work.
Working with juvenile delinquent
Residental Case Manager (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: working with society
Cons: long work hours
As an residential care being involved with the youth's program objective to be able to return home. There is no cultural divide in regard to drug and alcohol abuse among teenagers. Being able to see an young man received is GED who has not been in school since 6th grade. Revoking home passes to child for not following program guidelines. Co-workers were hard working individual to ensure the safety and well being of the clients and family we worked with everyday.

1 2 3 4 5