State of Wyoming

If you just want to get by its fine
Natural Resources Analyst (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: no room for new ideas and discussion
There is often little room for creativity, self confidence, new ideas and constructive discussion in some programs. Supervisors tend to be more managers than leaders. There is lots of work and a typical day is filled with multiple tasks.
If you just want to get by its fine
Natural Resources Analyst (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: no room for new ideas and discussion
Good employer.
Sr. Tax Examination Analyst/FITE (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 31, 2014
Process severance and gross products returns and tax payments.

Management was supportive.

Co-workers were friendly and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy taxpayers.
Great Place
Excise tax auditor (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 20, 2014
Everyone is great, great pay, and great benefits. Always work with your schedule and allow you time off.
Poor management, inter-deparmental conflicts, personality conflicts, management unwilling to make policy changes to keep up with customer needs. Toxic
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great opportunities to offer excellent customer service
Walk in and phone customer service. Assisting Nursing applicants to obtain their licenses. Loved the customer contact and opportunity to assist. I loved this job as a temp employee. However, there had been management changes since I left as a temp. The new management seemed to have something other than the customers best interest in mind. Culture was – more... toxic. Environment was NOT open door friendly. Fear was used as means of getting things done. Resulting is poor work product.

I would not work for this agency again. – less
Productive, Fun, Secure
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 1, 2014
Pros: fun, team work
Great place to work, wonderful co-workers with open communication, team work and we are just like family.
Good job compared to other nursing jobs in the vicinity
registered nurse (Current Employee), Lander, WYApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, manageable workload.
Cons: antiquated protocols, equipment
No job is perfect but working as a RN, I appreciate that I get a set schedule, manageable work load, no cancelled shifts unlike working at the local hospital, I get asked to work overtime sometimes but not that often. Good benefits.
Great people to work with
Human Resource Associate (Current Employee), Evanston, WYMarch 22, 2014
This has been a great learning opportunity, I will take with me skills learned and value the co-workers who taught me so much.
Great place to work for
SOCIAL SERVICE AIDE (Former Employee), Laramie, WYMarch 12, 2014
Social work team was great at helping and providing training to aid in the situations that you were involved in. Allowed you to be a part of the team and cases.
This is a dangerous environment with good staff and a great schedule.
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Rawlins WyomingDecember 22, 2013
A day at work as a correctional officer can be both physically and mentally draining. You have to deal with adults that act like children, and from time to time you have to physically restrain them and place them in a solitary confinement to help them learn that they do not always make the best choices. Every day you learn to deal with different types – more... of personalities. You also learn to deal with all kinds of different co-workers. The hardest part of this job in my opinion is that it is a very depressing job with very little feelings of self accomplishment at the day. I would say that the part I like the best about this job is the people that I work with. The Team that there is there. At times you depend on them for your safety and they always are able to help. – less
Workforce Specialist and Youth Case Manager
Workforce Specialist (Former Employee), Casper, WyOctober 21, 2013
I assisted walk in clients as well as clients that phoned in. We assisted in areas of job searches, unemployment, resume writing and other related items concerning the workforce. I also was a Youth Case manager and ran the Workforce Investment Act for ages 14-21. This consisted of meeting state and federal guidelines for accepting individuals.
Hours are good
Support Technician (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: steady hours
Cons: make decisions on politics not reality, pay is too low
They are highly political and make decisions based on politics instead of situations and people.
Good team work, employee incentives, wonderful co-workers
Administrative Specialist IV (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYJuly 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits, retirement, vactions, wonderful employees, helping families in need
Cons: the sadness of the struggles some families experienced
The best part of my job was helping families in need. The hardest part of the job was seeing the abuse to children. I felt very wanted and needed in my job and appreciated. Good office environment.
Professional environment
Corporation Regulation Technician (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMay 29, 2013
Enjoyed working in the State Capitol. Learned about what is involved with someone wanting to form a corporation or partnership.
Working together with Multi disciplinary Team.
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee), Casper, WYMay 8, 2013
Pros: working closely with people.
Cons: not enough time to spend with each family
Appointments in home and in office with Clients that have Children in care of the State of Wyoming.
Meetings with Foster Parents, planning future visitations with family.
Narrate all meetings and contacts with family, foster parents and other Case Workers, Supervisor and Attorneys.
Teaching daily duties with parents, Teaching parenting Classes monthly.
Hardest – more... part of my job is when parents failed to respond to Court orders and Loosing their children.
Most enjoyable reuniting families. – less
corrections
corrections officer (Former Employee), Rawlins, WYOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: terrible state to live in
A typical day at work would consist of going to the role call room and thats where they assign you to your post. Work around dangerous individuals for 12hrs.

December 28, 2012

why was Wyoming a terrible state to live in ?, please don't be offended by my question, I would like to know, I mean .. is it because of the cost of living there, the taxes, finding an affordable place to live ??? thanks terri4

February 5, 2013

I absolutely LOVED living and working in Wyoming and as soon as I can get another job in the state, I'm returning! Fresh, clean air, no state income taxes, very friendly people and i never ever worried about crime! The environment is beautiful! Wow! I have never read a bad review of this wonderful state until yours!

May 5, 2013

I am also a former Wy state employee. Moving back as soon as I can. You will not like Wyoming if you love crowds, traffic, the big city. On the other hand, most of the state is also somewhat limited for cultural events that are not ag related. Depends on your desires.

Interesting and productive.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Lander, WYSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: helping people in need.
Cons: having to see children taken out of the parents care, because of drugs and abuse.
it is a great place to work. Always a challenge, and sometimes heartbreak. Working with the people who are in need of help, from the social needs to financial help. also working with them to finish their educations.
A temporary job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: state employment
Cons: position with no training
This was a very confusing position for me and I am adapted to the medical office.
My co-workers were good and helpful
hardest part of my job was just being there. not understanding my position.
Really Good Place to work
Contractor Systems Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYApril 5, 2012
Good People, Great Job; Very flexible, allowed to lead and follow, small hard working team

State of Wyoming Photos