State of Wyoming Employee Reviews in United States

Current held position with the Wyoming Dept. of Audit
Principal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 30, 2015
Audit Oil & Gas Federal Royalty Payments for the Federal Govt. and Severance and State Tax Payments for the State of Wyoming based on production within the State of Wyoming.
Pros
Retirement Benefits
Cons
State Job, not much advancement
Micro management, tell one thing then follow you around
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  WyMarch 7, 2016
Had boss drive 50 to complain about water bottle left behind seat. This is wasted tax payer money. Always doing something wrong in 5 month never got told good job
A typical day at work
State Trooper (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYNovember 13, 2015
Depending on the day if the weather was bad then we were very busy working crashes and helping people. If the weather was good then we would enforce the State Statues and investigate crashes.
Pros
being able to help people in a time of need
Cons
sometime really long hours
Great Place to Work
Grants & Contract Administration Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 21, 2015
State of Wyoming is a great place to work for the most part. There are always things that one would like to change in any job, but for 99% of the day, I love what I do and enjoy showing up to work!
Already Reviewed
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 4, 2015
Excellent Employer with great room for advancement and professional development. Management involves their employees and welcomes their subordinates input on daily tasks performed.
My job has provided me with upward movement with great education. It has provided me with supervisory experience.
Building and Grounds Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 6, 2015
On a daily basis I am given the opportunity to grow as a Lead worker and get me ready to supervise my own building. With this position I schedule special projects, do the ordering for supplies for the project, have the correct number of hours and employees I will need to get the project done on time, and as a team assist with a successful completed project.
Pros
The more time an employee works the more potential to excel they will receive.
Cons
Raises are rare and voted on by annual legislative sessions.
Job was okay
Exec Asst, Wyoming State Board of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 6, 2015
As executive assistant, I had to juggle many portions of the job as well as supervise the licensing specialists. This meant I constantly had things to do. While not necessarily a difficult job, it was hectic at time. It demanded a lot of multi-tasking and juggling. I did not mind it but the leadership was not that great and was one of the reasons why I left.
Average workplace with little room for advancement
Scheduler/Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northeastern WyomingMarch 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job was performing tasks in a project management environment with very little resources. This office didn't have the necessary computer software to effectively manage the construction effort.
Pros
regular work hours, good management team
Cons
bad working conditions, no opportunity for advancement
Poor management, inter-deparmental conflicts, personality conflicts, management unwilling to make policy changes to keep up with customer needs. Toxic
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 16, 2014
Walk in and phone customer service. Assisting Nursing applicants to obtain their licenses. Loved the customer contact and opportunity to assist. I loved this job as a temp employee. However, there had been management changes since I left as a temp. The new management seemed to have something other than the customers best interest in mind. Culture was toxic. Environment was NOT open door friendly. Fear was used as means of getting things done. Resulting is poor work product.

I would not work for this agency again.
Pros
great opportunities to offer excellent customer service
If you just want to get by its fine
Natural Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 12, 2014
There is often little room for creativity, self confidence, new ideas and constructive discussion in some programs. Supervisors tend to be more managers than leaders. There is lots of work and a typical day is filled with multiple tasks.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
no room for new ideas and discussion
....
Youth Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Guernsey, WYFebruary 19, 2015
It is a rewarding place to work if taking into account the kids and their successess. Like all places of employment there are things that could be improved.
Working together with Multi disciplinary Team.
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 8, 2013
Appointments in home and in office with Clients that have Children in care of the State of Wyoming.
Meetings with Foster Parents, planning future visitations with family.
Narrate all meetings and contacts with family, foster parents and other Case Workers, Supervisor and Attorneys.
Teaching daily duties with parents, Teaching parenting Classes monthly.
Hardest part of my job is when parents failed to respond to Court orders and Loosing their children.
Most enjoyable reuniting families.
Pros
working closely with people.
Cons
not enough time to spend with each family
One of the greatest jobs in the world!
Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 7, 2014
There is no better job than assisting our Military Members, Veterans, and their Family Members. Love the job!
Pros
seeing faces go from frowns to smiles
Cons
heart breaking when one of them passes
Good team work, employee incentives, wonderful co-workers
Administrative Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJuly 17, 2013
The best part of my job was helping families in need. The hardest part of the job was seeing the abuse to children. I felt very wanted and needed in my job and appreciated. Good office environment.
Pros
good benefits, retirement, vactions, wonderful employees, helping families in need
Cons
the sadness of the struggles some families experienced
Workforce Specialist and Youth Case Manager
Workforce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Casper, WyOctober 21, 2013
I assisted walk in clients as well as clients that phoned in. We assisted in areas of job searches, unemployment, resume writing and other related items concerning the workforce. I also was a Youth Case manager and ran the Workforce Investment Act for ages 14-21. This consisted of meeting state and federal guidelines for accepting individuals.
This is a dangerous environment with good staff and a great schedule.
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Rawlins WyomingDecember 22, 2013
A day at work as a correctional officer can be both physically and mentally draining. You have to deal with adults that act like children, and from time to time you have to physically restrain them and place them in a solitary confinement to help them learn that they do not always make the best choices. Every day you learn to deal with different types of personalities. You also learn to deal with all kinds of different co-workers. The hardest part of this job in my opinion is that it is a very depressing job with very little feelings of self accomplishment at the day. I would say that the part I like the best about this job is the people that I work with. The Team that there is there. At times you depend on them for your safety and they always are able to help.
Learned many aspects of Wrokers' Compensation Claims
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 7, 2014
Responsible for handling claims filed by Claimants. Plans and schedules work needed to process claim, interviews claimant and witnesses, and investigates claims.
Interesting and productive.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lander, WYSeptember 3, 2012
it is a great place to work. Always a challenge, and sometimes heartbreak. Working with the people who are in need of help, from the social needs to financial help. also working with them to finish their educations.
Pros
helping people in need.
Cons
having to see children taken out of the parents care, because of drugs and abuse.
Good employer.
Sr. Tax Examination Analyst/FITE (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 31, 2014
Process severance and gross products returns and tax payments.

Management was supportive.

Co-workers were friendly and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy taxpayers.
A temporary job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 2, 2012
This was a very confusing position for me and I am adapted to the medical office.
My co-workers were good and helpful
hardest part of my job was just being there. not understanding my position.
Pros
state employment
Cons
position with no training