DME Delivery Tech (Denver, Co)
StateServ Medical is the premier durable medical equipment (DME) provider in the hospice industry. StateServ leverages technology to streamline its business processes which creates an environment that breeds success and excellent customer service. If you enjoy working with people in need, like variance in a daily routine, and enjoy being out and about this may be the role for you!
Durable Medical Equipment Technician
The DME Technician drives a box truck and receives a new route daily. This person delivers, exchanges, sets up and picks up durable medical equipment and respiratory equipment and supplies at the patients' physical location (e.g., residence, adult care home, assisted living, long term care facility, etc.). Technicians generally make 10-15 stops per day. They are the "face" of StateServ Medical. In a courteous and respectful manner they provide excellent customer care by delivering, setting up equipment and instructing patients and care-givers on the proper use and care of equipment. As part of a customer service team, technicians also maintain an awareness of patients' conditions and needs and communicate that information to the appropriate staff.
- Receives a daily route and required supply list and prepares the truck for delivery by pulling stock (e.g., wheelchairs, hospital beds, bathroom aids, medical supplies, etc.) and loading equipment on the truck.
- Delivers homecare and hospice equipment and unloads and sets the equipment to the point it is fully functional. Reviews basic equipment operation and instructs patients and/or caregivers on the proper use and care.
- Follows the daily route to pick up and/or exchange homecare and hospice equipment. Breaks down, loads and returns equipment.
- Maintains continuous communication with the customer service team to relay a change in an order or issues with prescribed orders, position in routes, stock availability and to confirm delivery and pick up of equipment.
- Completes and maintains a driver log, vehicle check out and vehicle inspection reports.
- Responds to emergency calls and new patient orders during regular business hours and on-call rotation hours.
- Upon completion of routes, unloads and checks in returned equipment with the warehouse.
- Stocks delivery trucks with rolling stock to ensure "ready" condition for the next delivery.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A current state issued driver's license is required
- A confirmed driving motor vehicle record (MVR) successfully demonstrating no major violations in the past five consecutive years, no more than three minor violations or at-fault accidents in the past 36 consecutive months and no more than one preventable accident in the past 36 months
- At least six months experience in a role that entailed regular interface with customers
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate unplanned events and participate in an on-call rotation is essential
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is preferred
- One year previous delivery or warehouse experience preferred
- On a regular basis, the ability to lift, carry and move durable medical equipment that weighs up to 75lbs. is required as is the ability to set up durable medical equipment
StateServ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits DOE.
Indeed - 22 months ago