STATEN ISLAND COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL MISSION:
Staten Island Community Charter School will provide an exemplary K - 8 education program designed to produce a community of smart, responsible, creative, citizens. Located in a diverse neighborhood, Staten Island Community Charter School will focus on working cooperatively, resolving conflicts creatively, cultivating social responsibility and building community. Staten Island Community Charter School believes in the strength of building relationships between the school administration, students, teachers and parents. All students will master New York State Learning Standards and graduate ready to attend college preparatory high schools.
HOW WE WILL ACCOMPLISH IT:
Our collaborative learning community will create a learning environment where students feel connected and supported. A caring community that nurtures respectful relationships in order to meet the academic, social and emotional needs of students. Our school seeks and promotes diversity, focuses on social responsibility, the arts and natural science. We have a strong commitment to positive social-emotional development and active parent involvement.
POSITION: TEACHERS NEEDED FOR STATEN ISLAND COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL (K-5)
A. Specific grade level openings
1. Certified Spanish Teacher
B. Role Description
1. Fluent knowledge of Spanish (speaking, writing and reading)
2. Knowledge of ALL Spanish cultures
3. Lesson planning ( Teacherease)
4. Implementing of Spanish curriculum (can always be revised)
5. Differentiation instruction (centers: creating hands-on activities for ALL learners)
6. Follow a Classroom Plan that works on positive reinforcement
7. Creating concrete assessments
8. Create portfolios to track student's progress in the language
9. Keep a grade book (Teacherease)
10. Work closely with other teacher in order to align some lessons and behavior
11.Be willing to float around to classrooms
12. Great communicator in both English and Spanish
C. Qualifications for the position
1. Masters Degree in Education
2. NYD Certification in Elementary (K-6) or Early Childhood (PreK-12) and/or Special Education (1-6).
3. Experience in curriculum development, instructional strategies (differentiation) and assessment.
4. Understanding of data-driven instruction.
5. Established track record for raising test scores.
6. Knowledge of NYS Common Core Standards.
7. Preferred a minimum 3 years experience working with elementary school children.
8. Charter school experience is a plus.
9. Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
10. Excellent behavior management skills.
11. Understanding of social and emotional learning.
D. Contact Information
Deadline: May 10, 2013