Staten Island University Hospital Employee Reviews

productive and busy place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 1, 2017
Busy med/surg/ telemetry floor with great co-worker cooperation. Management team is always on hand for support. SIUH is a patient experience oriented business.
Pros
403B with company match to 7%
Cons
no pension
Great office to work at
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 26, 2017
Nice environment with a great and understandable staff. Great learning experience. Learned the responsibilities needed to carry out quality and compassionate patient care.
Great organization
911 EMS E.M.T-B/ Motor Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 23, 2017
This job has been the most amazing experience I have endured hands on with amazing team members.I look forward to going into work. Thats a plus! The training is great and they help and lead you in the right direction to further utilize your skills and education.
Pros
Hard to choose such great offers
Cons
Lots to offer their employees
Decent place to work
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 22, 2017
There was plenty of overtime available. The staff was excellent. Most of my coworkers were very pleasant to work with. The hospital was underfunded, and supplies were sometimes scarce.
I had fun
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 5, 2017
the pcas are very nice there they are much like a family its a fun place to work just some of the nurse managers are very nasty and rude that joanne on 3e
Clinical center of staten island
SURGERY RESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 31, 2017
Great place to work, dedicated clinical and administrative staff, friendly and courteous. Level 1 trauma center, 700 beds with 2 campuses, cardiothoracic center and highly acclaimed coronary artery care center.
great company to work
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 21, 2017
great teaching hospital, organized, professional environment. great benefits. everyone very willing to help you learn. very fast paced hospital with doctors and nurses who are educated to take of life and death situations
Pros
easy commute
Cons
sometimes you get mandated if the staff doesnt come in next shift
Rewarding position helping patients with brain injuries
Independent Living Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 11, 2017
For the past two years, I have been working with patients suffering traumatic brain injuries become accustomed to their daily lives and routines. Some responsibilities include scheduling and taking to doctor appointments, satisfying financial obligations and working amongst other team members to ensure a safe and convenient lifestyle for these patients.
Nice atmosphere
Client Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  475 Seaview AvenueMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Staten Island Hospital. It was a nice atmosphere. Very diverse. It was a temporary assignment. I wanted this position to be permanent.
Cons
Only half an hour lunch
The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 1, 2017
Are my patients, and being able to engage with them and help their healing process. This was the best part of my job,a s well as the team work. I enjoyed working there.
A progressive Magnet Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 27, 2017
Assess patients ,dispense medication and injections as needed . Provide dressing changes , a well run hospital . the most difficult challenging part of the job was being unable to provide more attention to the patients.
Nice place to work
Laboratory Aide (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 15, 2017
Friendly co-workers. Good learning experience. Working environment is nice. Team work makes work go a lot faster. Work life balance is good and union benefits.
Patient Care Assistant
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  staten island University hospitalMarch 6, 2017
I assist the registered nurses with patients daily care. my job duties were to take daily vitals signs several times a day, help the patient bathe, assist to the bathroom, wash their hair or crush their teeth if they weren't physically able too. I had to feed patients that weren't able to feed themselves as well. a wheel chair was used sometimes to transport patients to different rooms. I also had to assist the registered in healing a patient wound. I was also responsible to change dirty linens and replace the bed with clean linens while the patient was still on the bed. it was also my responsibility to tell the charge nurse if the patients health was improving. I had to analyze skin rashes and report to the charge nurse about any redness or different changes on the patients skin or wound.
Pros
This job gave me experience in the health field, and it also gave me the courage to pursue my nursing education
internship
Nursing Internship (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 22, 2017
i just did my nursing internship at siuh. i learned how to have compassion for others. the hospital staff are wonderful and truly care about the patients they are taken care of
always something new
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 23, 2017
it is always good to know more about what you do and why.Management was extremely nice. I have learned how to play a part in teamwork.the hardest part of job was
Orthopedic Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I like working at SIUH because the people are knowledgeable and nice. The surgeons are great people to work with. I wish I could work there more often
Pros
Hospital setting
Cons
not enough per diem days provided
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 26, 2016
Always an opportunity to work at S.I.U.H. Learned a lot from nurses and doctors. Always a good feeling to be helping patients in need.
Great hospital
Patient Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 21, 2016
My time at Staten Island University Hospital was enjoyable and rewarding. I learned to be a better manager, listen more, patience and teamwork.

Management was great when I was there. I loved my coworkers and staff. They were a lovely group of individuals to work with. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job, was interacting with the hospital staff and patient rounds.

Knowing how patient and staff felt about the food served to them was important to me. This made it easier to make adjustments to meals where necessary.
Pros
The envirnment was great
Cons
I worked the afternoon shift and would rather the morning shift.
A hospital and OTP setting for my first time in this population has been enlightening.
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 20, 2016
SIUH afforded me the opportunity to create a management style of operations that encouraged staff to maximize their skill set and benefit patients at the same time.
Pros
autonomy and teamwork
Cons
the distance
Good place to work but alot of changes due to mergers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2016
My co-workers are amazing. Job stability. Many locations. After 18 years i have seen so many changes but for the better. The hospital is getting bigger and better
Pros
Union nursing
Cons
So many changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staten Island University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2