Staten Island University Hospital

Staten Island University Hospital Employer Reviews

I ennjoy working with this organization
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 23, 2014
great place to work, always improving patient care and staff skill set. Encourages staff to increase knowledge and experiences
Great educational experience
Transporter (Former Employee), staten island new yorkAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great education/experiences
Cons: n/a part time postition
Transporting patients throughout the hospital. Part time job while i was attending college full time.
rehab
Physical Rehab (Former Employee), staten island nyJuly 8, 2014
horrible environment
billing fraud
patient mistreatment= hippa violations
overworked / burnt out staff
Everyday was a new learning experience
Student Externship (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 2, 2014
Wonderful experience. I would typically see 7-8 patients a day with varying deficits.
Productive and fun workplace.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: knowledge, positive environment, laughter
Cons: short breakfast break
MY coworkers are fun, outgoing people who I enjoy working with on a daily basis. The are always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job is the commute everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new everyday.
SIUH
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 29, 2014
Needs IMPROVEMENT. The patient care assistants (some, not all) are over-worked and under paid. The Management is a joke, and the hospital needs a total renovation to bring the facility up to code.
dedicated staff
Pediatric/Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: dedicated staff
Cons: at times short staffed
Provides Healthcare to Staten Island. Fosters higher education for their staff members as they provide incentives to go back to school. They offer many different fields to their staff. They have an incredible NICU with dedicated staff and physicians.
nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), 475 Seaview ave staten island, nyJune 10, 2014
htere is room to advance, but there is always a problem to be solved to get there.
Overall a great place to work.
Patient Representative (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 6, 2014
Staten Island University Hospital was home to me for 5 years, it was a great place to work. I've met so many people and had such great experiences. There is plenty of room for advancement and management is willing to work with you. I would definitely recommend it as a great place to work.
great learning experience
Inpatient Rehab Aide (Current Employee), Seaview Avenue-North shoreMay 1, 2014
provided the knowledge and skills that are necessary to became a good occupational therapist.
Professional Educated Staff/ Dedicated Nursing Staff/ Trauma Hospital/
Registered Staff Nurse/RN- ICU (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: good team work, knowledgable staff, increased work opportunities for nurses
Varied Clients in a busy, professional hospital environment. Multiple Teaching and education opportunities, weekly meetings and inservices on client cares, and protocols. Hard working staff nurses, professional managers. Dignified client cares practiced throughout the hospital.
Good work environment
Clerk/ Registrar, Pediatric Faculty Practice (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 8, 2014
It has been a second home to me for the past 10 Years. With the education, you can advance to almost anywhere you desire.
Very well established hospital
Coordinator Research Data Analysis (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 17, 2014
Pros: well established hospital
Cons: sometimes the er is just too crowded
The physician at this hospital are very knowledgeable and well trained. Highly recommend them to patents.
As a clinician, I met with patients according to treatment plan with the goal to reach coordination of care.
Substance Abuse Clinician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: learning everday about the behavorial sciences.
Cons: patient die of overdose, after being clean for a long period of time, thus as a clinician, remain objective and professional.
A typical day at work consisted seeing patients for individual counseling, review toxicology reports, discuss methadone increases/or decrease, as per treatment plan. Apply motivational interviewing, harm reduction, and recovery readiness. Facilitate groups to provide information about additional self help care. Weekly case management meetings with Director, – more... MD, PA, RN, and other clinicians about ongoing care, concerns, and collaboration about treatment. The most challenging aspect of my profession as a clinician was time management with individual counseling, as I only worked part time, paperwork that was time sensitive would cause delay in their submission. Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job, was having lunch with my coworkers. It gave me the opportunity to discuss my caseload, and receive suggestions, and insight in my counseling style. – less
A place to grow
Medical Biller, Billing Department (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work calling insurance companies and patient to insure payments .
Enjoyed learning about leadership and utilize "people" skills
Assistant Patient Care Unit Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: leadership skills, independent decision making, acting as a resource /role model in assisting staff with patient care.
Cons: unpredictable schedule, did not have set shift hours.
Reviewed daily staffing needs and identified potential problems. Ensured safe delivery of patient care , by advocating safe staff-patient ratio for every shift. Ensured that telemetry/monitors equipment was in working condition. Supervised staff and conducted staff meetings. Participated in daily rounds meeting, collaborated with case management for – more... safe and timely patients' discharge. – less
Fun and Productive Working Environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 12, 2013
Working at the hospital is vastly different from when I worked in the financial industry prior to working at the hospital. As an employee, management truly cares about you and your well being. My co-workers are the best that I have ever have the privilege of working with. We celebrate each other's birthdays as a group, we reminisce about those who moved – more... onto other things outside the hospital, and we one of us are out sick or out due to surgery, we keep contact with them to see how they are doing if there is anything we can do for them. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the employees. – less
Good Patient care
Supervisor, Central Processing Department (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYOctober 27, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: long distance to travel
It was good working in SIUH, I had good teachers, learn to run the Department, very busy, my co-workers are great, to make everybody happy, when everybody is happy
Productive workplace where details matter.
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits, experience
Cons: short breaks
As an employee of Staten Island University Hospital, a typical day at work consists of decontamination of surgical sets and ensuring the operating room has what it needs for their procedures.

I learned that safety is important. The decontamination area is full of microorganisms that are harmful. A surgical set should have clean and functional instruments – more... before it is loaded into an autoclave.

I found my management and coworkers to be cooperative and involved in the day to day operations of the Central Processing Dept.

The hardest part of my job is preparation and packaging. Instrument sets have numerous pieces and we are responsible for identifying all of them.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to complete a difficult task successfully and without supervision. – less
Wonderful experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: 1199 union, yearly salary increase, learning all aspects of medicine in different specialties
Cons: long hours
All employees as well as Medical staff worked well togerther. Patient care was thurough. Expanded my knowledge of all Medical specialties.

1 2 3