Stater Bros Markets Inc. Employee Reviews

Janitor
Janitor (Former Employee), Westminister, Ca.June 18, 2015
When I worked for Stater Bros. Markets I was a janitor. I worked overnight and my duties included sweeping, mopping, stripping, waxing and buffing the store floors.
Good pay, Seniority rules
Warehouse (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bad days off
Like I said, good pay, seniority rules the world as far as job assignments, shifts, and days off. You will have to be there 20+yrs to get weekends off and holidays off. You will be there at midnight on New Years eve... not fun!
The working culture has declined tremendously
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: fellow employees at any store are always friendly and united.
Cons: management, salary, hours.
Once a great company to work for, with excellent pay, now this company spreads it's employees thin with very little compensation. The term "Slaver Bros." has been around for years, and is fitting!
A good job and very flexible.
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Current Employee), Cypress, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lots of standing, no care for support of body needs, no discounts.
Bag groceries and do small tasks for key carriers. I learned customer service skills and how to work in a fast paced environment. The management wasn't so great, played a lot of favoritism, and didn't have sympathy for many things. The hardest part was being understaffed when it was busy. the most enjoyable thing is the customers that are kind to you.
Fun and fast paced
Order selector/distribution center warehouse (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 14, 2015
Great place to work! Great pay and benefits. Good hours and management is good. All in all i would recommend. No week ends off.
Good Job
Checker (Former Employee), Yucaipa, CAApril 12, 2015
Not very challenging, but straight forward. Coworkers were nice and management was fair. Customer service is likely the most difficult part of the job. I still shop there to this day.
Good first job
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: healthcare, union
Cons: scheduling, open 364 days a year
Stater bros. is good first job and for some if they want to put the time in it can be carrier. While working there I have learned a lot. The biggest take away would have to be customer service, Multitasking and teamwork. I get along very well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me would have to be helping customers with attitude and having to treat them with respect even though I wasn't getting any from them. The most enjoyable part would be making friends and getting to work with people I get along with. I will continue to keep in touch and hangout with most of the people I work with.
VERY GOOD PAYING JOB
Key Carrier,STOCKER,BAKER (Former Employee), San Jacinto, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good pay excelent benifits
Cons: short breaks, hard to get day's off when requested
I LEARNED HOW TO BAKE HERE,ALSO GOT TRAINED ON COMPUTER SKILLS,AND WAS GIVEN QUICK ADVANCEMENT OPPERTUNITIES,I WAS GIVEN THE OPPERTUNITY TO TRAVEL AND WORK AT SEVERAL STATER BROS. ON RESET CREW
Great job with great benfits.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Redlands, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benfits
Cons: no fixed schedule
Very time consuming job but very rewarding in terms of benefits. Schedules are different on a weak to weak basis which makes it a priority job.
It's an "ok" job
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: premium sundays
Cons: horrible management
Management isn't all that great
Can be very unorganized
Very small store
Employees don't follow their set schedules
Management has their "preferred" employees
A lot of work to be done
Many hard workers there, and people who are reliable
clerk (Former Employee), Bloomington, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: getting to know new people everyday
Cons: not being able to take your breaks when you ask for it, or when your managers cut your lunch breaks short.
The typical day at work: Clock in, make sure that I had enough money in my till, and made sure that I help my customers with their needs. The management that I had were responsible, kind, but strict when things needed to be done at a particular time. My co- workers were wonderful. I absolutely loved them, and feel that they earn more than they are getting paid. The hardest part of the job was trying to get mutitudes of duties done within a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know my co-workers as well as the customers.
Productive and fun work environment
Executive Admin Asst to President & COO (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pleasant office setting, many vendor sponsored extracurricular activites provided
Cons: job advancement is slow and pay rate is not adequate
Great business to work for. Very family oriented.
Management is very open and welcoming. Job duties are well defined and job setting is very nice.
Great way to learn how to interact with customers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great way to learn how to interact with customers, time management, and prioritizing
Cons: working several areas with a limited amount of time
A typical day at Stater Bros. would consist of pushing carts; cleaning the refrigerated sections; cleaning out the drains; restocking bags at registers; and bagging groceries. I learned that some customers prefer a professional approach while others prefer someone who isn't afraid to communicate along with how to distinguish who is what kind of shopper. Management there was quite unexpected, my first impression was that they would be strict or uptight, they turned out to be the opposite of what I thought they'd be. My co-workers weren't the best however they weren't the worst I suppose you could have called them melancholy. The hardest part of the job was time management. However the most enjoyable part was learning exactly how to manage your time and prioritize.
fun place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAJanuary 27, 2015
really enjoyable job with a fast pace enviroment. had a set schedule of what you had to do for the day. i learned alot with bagging communication and customer service. management was really good and got along well with employees. co workers were the best of there and fun to work with. the hardest part of the job was doing carts in 100 degree weather. the most enjoyable part was everything else.
a good place to work
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 15, 2015
i learned a lot from my 7 years like how to have good customer service. i had awesome good co-workers. the job was fun and easy .
Best job I have had, used my customer services skills.
Supervisor- Sandy Schnell (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: growth in the company
Started to work at Stater Bros. Market while in high school. I started as a box boy and then general merchandising clerk stocking the shelves at night.
I learned a lot from my co-workers and management. I had the opportunity to grow with the company.
GREAT WORK ENVIRERMENT
Courtesy Clerk,LOAD CREW,KEY CARRIER (Former Employee), Hemet Valley, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great benifitts, pay was awesome
Cons: never took any vacation time for myself
IT WAS A GOOD JOB TO HAVE AND I LEARNED A LOT,MADE GOOD FRIENDS AND A PRODUCTIVE RUN AS A KEY CARRIER.
steady work environment
Sales clerk (Former Employee), Kingman, AZDecember 29, 2014
Pros: scheduled breaks and lunches, paid holidays
Cons: few opportunities for advancement
A typical day at work involved customer assistance, sales floor maintenance, stocking, price checks, and organization projects.
I learned how to interact with customers, communicate with other associates and managers and make suggestions to better the appearance and display of products.
I learned how to communicate with managers and work with them to keep the store orderly.
I enjoyed when i could work with others on projects and give each other input on how to solve problems.
The hardest part of the job was lifting and carrying very heavy products and exposure to unpleasant smells, and inconsiderate associates.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers, learning to organize well.
Good work environment with friendly employees
Grocery Clerk-Produce Department (Former Employee), Norwalk, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: small chance to move up in the company
Most days were about the same with the only variable being volume. I learned the importance of maintaining the freshest product and the best customer service. Management was generally supportive but was also dealing with a store of 100 employees.
Coworkers were great, friendly, with good customer service.
Courtesy Clerk, Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Riverside, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: health benefits, union job
Cons: time restricted, shoplifters, management
Clean cases, package meat, cutting meat, customer service, bagging groceries, collecting carts. I learned how to manage my time, how to deal with rude customers in the most polite way. The management wasn't the best, they had favorites, and worked with some people more than they did others. But they sometimes came around for those others. The coworkers were the great, all positive attitudes trying to pull through the day. The hardest part of the job was being a closer on a time restriction, when the precloser would leave behind extra work for me. The most enjoyable part of my job was when every coworker was in a good mood and made work really enjoyable.