Stater Bros Markets Inc. Employee Reviews

fun and felt like family
Courtesy Clerk/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 20, 2017
I really loved working for this company. always worked with our schedules for our loved ones. we really didn't get holidays off but always did something fun to make it feel like the holiday
Fats paced Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 18, 2017
You make the best out of your enviornment. Know how to handle costumers and just smile, it makes peoples days. Be open and just have positive energy or else it will be draining.
Great entry level job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Toro, CAAugust 17, 2017
Working here was fun for the most part.

It's a great entry level job, and there's a good chance of advancement if you aren't goofing off. There was a high turnover rate with the highschool employees since they were constantly slacking off. The older kids usually got promoted. I saw a couple employees walk out before due to being overworked. The store was understaffed and so the employees were overworked.

Management was generally nice, but I had a really bad assistant manager who wouldn't listen to reason, and tried to break rules in the specialized departments.
Pros
guaranteed hours
Cons
too many hours
Not what it used to be
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 17, 2017
Goes though leaps and bounds. Job security is not what this company is about. It is not employee satisfaction based, but more so about pleasing the supervisors.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 17, 2017
Customer service, take orders via phone r in person, worked bakery, and deli department, dropped hot foods to package price and sell, baked packaged priced and put baked goods out to sell.
Pros
Breaks and lunch
Cons
Manager was rude
6th Manager (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 13, 2017
Stable union job, with excellent health care benefits. I do not need to worry about receiving enough hours as I have seniority and also I work on the load crew.
Benefits
Cons
Incompetent workers
Productive and fun working company
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 12, 2017
Employees work very hard and are always doing their best to make sure customers are satisfied and well taken care of ..they also have really good sales every week on things we need the most!
Not too great
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 12, 2017
Stater bros for me was not the best job. Being a courtesy clerk was probably the worst. You have to spend about 2 hours a day, pushing multiple carts in the blazing heat, with no breaks in between the hour. The management and cashiers have no sympathy for the kids doing it. They treat everyone like slaves for the most part. I do not recommend working here!
Fun and exciting place to work and shop
Service Deli Associate/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAAugust 11, 2017
A typical day at work was making sure that everything was ready before I started my day. i would help cut deli meat and help members when ever needed.
Staters
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 10, 2017
Feels like family. Great structure. Great place to work. Weekends and working holidays is a down fall is you have children especially ones who are in sports.
Not enough work advancement opportunity
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work was hard, but worth it. I learned how to work as fast and proficient as possible. Management was sub-par. Workplace culture was not inviting. Hardest part of the job was the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers.
terrible
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 9, 2017
i worked at the One in palm desert off of Washington and varner, its terrible i was in the deli and would work 48 hours a week 12-9 everyday and there was only one other employee with me. way to stressful to be at couldn't handle it anymore. All the customers are rude and if they don't get their way they will make a compliant on you. had to quit due to people always cussing at me it was not a fun working environment. I do not recommend to anyone.
Pros
hour lumch
Cons
rude customers, long shifts, short breaks, not enough employees
Great workplace, flexible schedules, flexible days off
General Merchandise Clerk/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAAugust 7, 2017
This being my first job at the age of 16 was the hardest decision to leave. They have great managers and employees. The schedules were always flexible. They provided a great customer service experience and skill we learned!
Pros
Flexible schedule, flexible hours, vacation time after 1 year, good healthcare plan
Cons
Managers can have favorite employees
a good company
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 7, 2017
A good company to work for. my location is too disorganized for me. everyone wants the new people to know everything but no one wants to teach or trian new people on their job. there is a lot of "go do this" then "why are you doing that?". Management is decent. hardest part of job is understaffed. enjoyabe part is customers they are very nice here.
Pros
customers
Cons
disorganized
Productive work environment
General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 7, 2017
I have worked at this company for 10 years. It is a great place to work. I have acquired great time management skills, multitasking skills and customer service skills
Productive work experience
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAAugust 7, 2017
Working knowledge of basic customer service and interpersonal communications is an asset. Stater bros, extremely community/customer service based employer. they pride themselves. as well as, employees as being excellent leaders
Pros
paid breaks, lunches, vacations, benefits
Cons
gossip
Stater Bros
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CA 92532August 7, 2017
Stater Bros give each and every employee the opportunity to grow and to expand in the company. They have great benefits and have a union for protection. Stater Bros also has a minimum of hours that they must give o
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Cut employees hours and leave all the work to the department managers
stater bros
COURTSEY CLERK/ GERNERAL MERCHANDISE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 7, 2017
working at staters it was great, always on the go always moving, very friendly staff to be apart of. great opportunity's to grow and move up within the company.
Good coworkers but bad management.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ramona, CAAugust 6, 2017
Worked there over a year with good people but you always have to be on your guard from your coworkers and your management. They say family but it's all for one never one for all.
Fast paced , great customers , great company
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 3, 2017
Stater Bros is an amazing company to work for with excellent customer service . Ive learned to succeed around others with amazing hospitality and care for customers .
Pros
Great break times
Cons
poor support from management, poor ability to transfer stores