Station Casinos Employee Reviews

Station casinos destroys people life to safe money
Server (Former Employee) –  Palms Las VegasFebruary 13, 2018
I got fired four months ago only to don't write in the ticket a side of jalapeño, and the worst person in the world made it bigger. God is big and you will pay for every single of my tears,
Good
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2018
Overall good. No opportunity for advancement. No specialized training. Nice employees but building set up was not set up well for an organized work environment
Enjoyable to be around nice co workers.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 7, 2018
Being paid minimum wage to close a bowling center that was 72 Lanes wide. It seemed a bit underwhelming since there was a lot to do and very little time to do it and you were usually by yourself. So I never really took enjoyment into the job also having to print out reports and do other managerial job duties it seemed asinine.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long walk to break area. Cut into break time
N/a
VIP Guest Services/Central Reservations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2018
Extremely competitive job market, area of growth opportunity, company promotes within first, but job/work and life balance in the careers I held has room for improvement. Decline further review summary
fast paced bar food
giveaways
locals bars
friendly staff
VIP brunch and dinner
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Lead Counter-attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 30, 2018
Getting to know the guests from different states and countries was one of the best things about station casinos. Also seeing the regular locals and creating connections with them.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Fast paced environment, good culture, lot of mobility within company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pavilion Center Drive, Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2018
Friendly staff, I enjoy a fast-paced environment. There are a lot of people who have worked there for many years which I feel says a lot about the company.
Pros
benefits, offer free lunch
Upper level casino Management and Corporate didn't listen to the hourly and lower level management team members.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2018
I have worked for Station casinos on two different occasions. Both started off fun with good culture and loyal team members. Due to being a fairly large corporation, there were a lot of shake ups in management that made things for team members unstable. That was the hardest part of the job.

Enjoyable-At both locations I was free as a Chef to run specials and have some creativity. Almost all of the employees responded well to me.

I have learned that maybe the hotel/casino/sports arena culture is not really for me. I cut my teeth in Bistro's and smaller fine dining restaurants. I want that back!
Cons
NO breaks for management, even on 14 hour days
Relaxed workplace
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2018
I do enjoy working for the company. It is a relaxed environment and I enjoy working with my team. While there are things I would change, I can say I do enjoy my job.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2018
The position comes with long hours but I was killing myself with 50+ hour work weeks. Management is a revolving door as the pay is low for assistant managers. Good managers come to learn then move on for more pay, at no fault of their own. Everyone needs to make a living. Work life balance is hard for the managers they have since they are always short.
Toxic work environment
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2018
No space for growth. Middle management can’t say no to upper management, then everything needs to be delivered ASAP, with little time to define priorities, risks and benefits of each project.
Pros
Too many projects, you are never going to be bored without something to do
Cons
Immature culture, no care for work-life balance and career growth
Management team has to many people they Favor.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2017
PBX MANAGEMENT team is not a Fair department. PBX Operators takes call for 20 properties of Station Casinos and gets the lowest pay. Station Casinos are compatible to the pay of the employees on Fremont Street in Las Vegas, NV.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
PBX MANAGEMENT team
It all depends on who you are and what you want for your professional Career
General Manager Restaurant - Grand Café (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2017
It all depends on who you are and what you want for your professional Career
Good place to end your career relax
Not good If you are an "aggressive" professional who want to improve things
This was a competative enviroment
CONSULTING SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
People came and went frequently. There were some niche engineers that had been there a long time but for the most part on the team I was part of they were all short timers.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Competative environment
lots of standing can be hard on back
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2017
secure job if you need employment. Good chance of getting full-time with-in a year, but the pay can be lower depending on the property you get hired at.
Pros
fulltime work
Cons
lots of standing dealing w/ people losing money
Easy going management and fun environment
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 15, 2017
Enjoyed my time at station casinos it is a fun place to work where it is like a small family . I worked at the Wildfire division which is thought of as the training ground before most employees move to bigger properties but many employees like myself really enjoyed working at the small property .
Pros
Away from the strip traffic
Cons
Need to listen more to employees who know what guests want and be willing to take action
No job security with a lot of favoritism
Front of the house Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2017
Work becomes routine with no advancement or preference for ones strength and capacity. Job transfers are based on who you know and which department you come from
Pros
Free shirts, free meal, discounts on properties.
Cons
Managers are incompetent
Relaxing place to work
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2017
I worked as a PBX Operator for Station Casinos (Palace Station). Everyone there was friendly and helpful. A typical day, made sure to have wake-up call sheet to turn in and as funny as it sounds, my coloring book. A lot of the time I worked at night, so at a certain time in the evening it got beyond slow. They allowed us to color, but we could not read magazines. They also appreciated their employees and the bonuses for excellent customer service reviews were awesome.
Pros
free lunch, got to eat at certain restaurants for free, bonuses, and sometimes free rooms
Cons
there are really no cons
Good company
Dealer School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAOctober 25, 2017
They were fun and entertaining company to work with. I enjoyed the time I was with them and look forward to joining their team again if my career takes that direction.
Poor management and too much favortism
Hotel (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2017
Worked at red rock for over a decade and should've left sooner. Management is awful and only likes the ones that can kiss butt. Human resources is not on your side and is all about the favoritism. Seems like anything good you do goes unnoticed but the minute you make a mistake or just call out it's the end of the world and write up. Was hoping it would go union but of course stations never will. Get your experience there and get out because there is way better opportunities out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Station Casinos. Our community is ready to answer.