Station Casinos Employee Reviews in United States

Sunset Station/Former Employee
Security (Former Employee) –  SunsetOctober 20, 2015
The management is terrible, they don't know how to treat good employees. The only way you can advance and move up in positions is if your friends with someone that works there. The only decent part about working for stations was the hourly pay and the benefits and that's only if you can tolerate the favoritism towards other employees that don't even know how to do their jobs. The security department at Sunset needs a change in management. They have no idea what they are doing. If you try and transfer to a different property or a different position to try and better yourself and your career, they will start writing you up for small, stupid, petty things to make sure you don't transfer and then sooner or later they will get rid of you. The security department at Sunset is the worst department I have ever worked for...
Pros
Cons
Everything Etc. Etc.
Great Place to work with enjoyable Teams
Bingo/Keno Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2015
Internal opportunities for advancement - started out as an administrative assistant and was promoted to department manager. By the time I left, I had opened three Bingo rooms and two keno lounges; hired the opening teams as well. I mentored a subordinate who in turn also became a manager. I also worked with Gaming interns from University of Nevada (UNLV). I was instrumental in helping other departments who didn't fully understand my gaming departments, and left the company knowing I had hired the most efficient and friendliest bingo and keno teams at Green Valley Ranch Resort. Internal management classes were offered that I took advantage of and completed several.
Pros
Great benefits, free meals, opportunities for advancement
Cons
some departments had huge turnover (including management positions)
You have opportunity to move up, but the staff is overworked, the management is unresponsive, and the environment is unhealthy.
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2015
I can give this company that you will be given opportunity to advance, and they offer decent benefits. That's about as far as praise can go for this company. Nearly every day I was working past the time I was assigned just to catch up with the enormous amount of work you are expected to do in a day. The management seemed to be a group all to their own, rarely did I see a manager but to tell me where I was doing wrong, the only praise I remember getting was when I won a "contest" to up-sell as much product as possible (I.e: Beers, wine, liquor, etc.). I couldn't recommend working in the smoke house of an environment, I have asthma and knew smoke would be present, but working in a non-smoking area I assumed it would be dialed down a bit, this was not the case.
Pros
Opportunity to move up, and decent benefits.
Cons
Bad management, unhealthy work-place environment, over worked and underpaid.
Good Company
Specialty Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2015
Treats team members fairly. Pays competitive wages with good benefits. Fun & engaging management. Enjoys working with locals.
Starter company to gain experience and move on
Busser/ runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
A good place to start learning the hospitality industry, but as far as long termi would look else where.

Fun Work place, supportive middle management, not sure about growth. Hr need some work on RED TAPE ISSUES !!!
Pros
good starter company
Cons
bad benefits, all employees are part time until someone higher up on seniority list is term or retires, no opportunity to go to management
Innovative Fast Paced Very Dynamic
Manager Application Development (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2016
My team built a Real-Time Fully Integrated Data Warehouse over 18 Casinos, 11 Hotels and 42 different Source Systems. With a very short timeline of 14 months and a relatively small budget we design - built and implemented warehouse that supported Financial closing analysis, Customer Rewards, Security Analytics and Employee Training. Using Best of Breed technology and a fantastic team of staff as well as Consultants in the technologies we Lowered Marketing costs by over $100K / month, Closed the books two weeks earlier than before, Increased Customer Retention during the worse economic downturn Las Vegas has ever seen. This was my first Data Warehouse project and I learned invaluable lessons about Data Quality and Analytics as well as applying then to achieve Corporate goals. The unwavering support of the CIO was critical in the success of the project, the hardest part was the long hours which were sometimes required but necessary.
Pros
Commitment to Dynamic Software solutions
Cons
Short timelines
Family run, family environment
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2016
Love the people and love the culture. From day when you're brought in you're treated as family, and you are given the tools to further your career into management if you choose to do so. The training department is top notch.
A good place to work for the most part
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2015
Station Casinos as a whole is a good place to work. They emphasize basic training in many facets of the jobs that are performed on property. The benefits are in line with the industry, the financial part is a little behind though.
We have gone through numerous General Managers at the property where I work and some are more successful than others. The ones that have been successful are energized and care for the team members on a personal level.
The department I work in is relatively new to the company, so there has been some growing pains as we work together to figure out the best ways for all departments to be successful.
As the job market is improving now here, the challenge of getting and keeping qualified team members has grown more difficult. The process can get tedious and bogged down by the steps that are needed to be taken in a company as large as the one I am currently employed with.
Pros
paid breaks, free meals, good benefits, good basic training for all
Cons
lower than average pay, company red tape
Family style work place
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
Everyone I have met at the stations casino is very nice, Everyone is on task and completes their jobs as needed. The Atmosphere is great no bad vibes and is a good place to start and learn about the casino work life.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Good chances to move around company and for advancement
Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Lots of opportunities to move around properties and decent chances of advancement.
Salaries are usually below industry standards in comparable casino companies.
Pros
Good chance to move around company and advancement
Cons
Salaries below industry standards
i dont recomend to a friend
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  las vegas NVApril 17, 2015
stresfull day at work, the management input the lows and we don't have the right to said nothing. look like "ARMY".
The job never is hard whem you work confortable. when we get a plus from the guest, make our day.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some management need be out
fulfilling
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2015
The job keeps one on their toes with promotions being offered to guests . closeness among team members and the support that is provided for each other.
good place to work
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2016
great people to work with and for love all that stations has to offer far and willing to work with and help you with any thing you may need would work there any time
Excellent Employer
Security Bike Officer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 21, 2016
Station Casinos are the last family owned Casinos in Las Vegas. It is a great company to work for in Vegas. I really enjoy working for them.
Wouldn't recommend...
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Henderson PropertyOctober 6, 2012
I was a long term (10 years) with another small casino when Station Casinos bought them. They promised they would keep us all after the remodel of the property. Afterwards, all the new people that were hired were hired on a part time basis--meaning no benefits. All of us from before had benefits and vacation time and eventually were forced out. Management definitely has it's "favorites" and if you're not in their "clique" watch out! They also say they care about their gaming guests, but why would someone who was gambling get a much smaller shot of liquor in their cocktail than a guest who was paying cash for their drink? Go figure....
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not always getting breaks, wanting employees to punch in 15 minutes before shift and not paying them for their time, management favoritism
fast paced, great deals, team players
Cocktail Waitress/ Food Server (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2014
During football is when the place is really jumping. We like to have fun and we love our locals. The term teamwork is very important. The guest satisfaction is our priority. Therefore, our teamwork must be impeccable and harmonious. The hardest part of the job is not having enough tools for my service to run smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my guest return back to the establishment. One thing I have learned from this job is that communication is very important!
Pros
great discounts and fun events for employess
Cons
it is hard to move up and benefits are hard to receive
Good money at the pool but horrible management
VIP pool bartender (Former Employee) –  Green valley ranchJanuary 12, 2014
I worked the pool for the 2013 season. We were constantly short staffed behind the bar. I would work open to close, no break. In 110 degree heat. Management didn't appreciate anything. They would only find the negative to talk anout. A new food and beverage and assistant food and beverage director came in and every beverage manger that has been there for years down to the new ones have all quit. There's a problem somehwere with this property. Plus they cut back extra board to under 25 hours to avoid benefits. Look elsewhere
Pros
good money, relaxed guests
Cons
short or no breaks, never have help when needed, always understaffed. uncaring management
Great place to work at if their were Resources for TM questions
Human Resources Specialist/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wildfire Gaming DivisionJuly 9, 2012
I love working for Station Casinos. I love the field I work in, but sometimes, when there is no upper management around to answer Team Member questions. It's not so easy. I bounce around from three different properties, and when something is not in the handbook that I use as a efficient tool to answer questions. There are no other resources. Bouncing from property, to property, makes it a challenge that I enjoy, on the other hand, its not fun, when TM's are waiting for answers from payroll, benefits, or even the HRD. It makes it a negative backlash on the HR dept. And doesn't look to good when a Team Member/ Employee can't depend on HR Team to help with their needs. There are other good things about this place, but doesn't really reap benefits if you are being paid a low salary for 3 different properties.
Pros
i have a job with a good casino
Cons
benefits, managment not always avail for questions from tm's
Company Blows.
Securiy Officer (Former Employee) –  Red Rock, Wild Wild West, TexasDecember 3, 2012
I started back in 2008 working for Red Rock, then left came back into the Wild Wild West Gambling Hall and Casino, Then finally Texas Station.

What did I learn from all three is real simple, the company does not care about if you are right or wrong in a situation depending on the situation. They really have poor management.

While working in security I realized showing up early set people off, because they felt I was out for there job and I was making them look bad, so even managers an supervisors felt this way, so trying to move up in the company is a joke. They keep certain people in the huish hush table as a better to know as favortism, the company claims they do not do this LOL they do it all the time. Just need see it for yourself.

The pay was crummy, the benefits were alright, but they hardly give raises and freeze raises due to company losses. The Department in security is always acting like cops half the time, there are some or few people who actually get this term.
Pros
free food.
Cons
management, lack of communication, poor supervision always threatening, and etc. the list go can go on.
Family oriented beyond the best coulture
Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2014
Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Station Casinos’ “Beyond the Best” Company-wide culture and demonstrating Station Casinos’ Championship Service Standards at all times.
Day to day operational supervision for receiving and vouchering of transactions with the Warehouse.
Hire and supervise inventory control clerks in the performance of their duties. Cross train clerks to be knowledgeable in performing the duties of the Inventory Supervisor.
Prepare weekly journal entries to inventory transactions.
Participate and coordinate the monthly inventory.
Accurately process all transactions, including receipts, transfers, issues and adjustments
Maintain an accurate and current perpetual inventory in the warehouse
Ensure warehouse accuracySupport Food & Beverage in their efforts to track and control cost-of-sales
Verify and prepare invoices for payment, acting as a checkpoint
Provide information and support to all departments and personnel
Pros
free lunches, discounts, education assistance, purchase programs
Cons
no consistent raises, added workload with no compensation