Station Casinos Employee Reviews

Starter company to gain experience and move on
Busser/ runner (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good starter company
Cons: bad benefits, all employees are part time until someone higher up on seniority list is term or retires, no opportunity to go to management
A good place to start learning the hospitality industry, but as far as long termi would look else where.

Fun Work place, supportive middle management, not sure about growth. Hr need some work on RED TAPE ISSUES !!!
You have opportunity to move up, but the staff is overworked, the management is unresponsive, and the environment is unhealthy.
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to move up, and decent benefits.
Cons: Bad management, unhealthy work-place environment, over worked and underpaid.
I can give this company that you will be given opportunity to advance, and they offer decent benefits. That's about as far as praise can go for this company. Nearly every day I was working past the time I was assigned just to catch up with the enormous amount of work you are expected to do in a day. The management seemed to be a group all to their own, rarely did I see a manager but to tell me where I was doing wrong, the only praise I remember getting was when I won a "contest" to up-sell as much product as possible (I.e: Beers, wine, liquor, etc.). I couldn't recommend working in the smoke house of an environment, I have asthma and knew smoke would be present, but working in a non-smoking area I assumed it would be dialed down a bit, this was not the case.
Organized Chaos
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: 60+ hours a week
Overworked
Great staff (front and back of house)
Lots of extra rules with union and non union employees.
Very diverse crowds
Live music venue
Multiple environment atmosphere
Fun Place To Work At
Internal Help Desk (Temporary) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Good Schedule
They have a full hands-on training system, it is a well organized company. My co-workers are nice, they tried to help me whenever I found myself with something I did no know.
Fun
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Station Casinos. I ended up having my first child while working at Station Casinos. I couldn't balance the work and becoming a new job, but I loved the management and culture at Stations.
What Happened?????
main banker (Former Employee), green valley ranchJuly 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: lowest pay.
In 2004 I was the Main Banker At Green Valley Ranch. Helped open Red Rock. Made Almost $14 an hour. Had to leave job(State) to take care of dying Parent. Was offered job in 2014 at Red Rock. With My experience they offered me $10 an Hour! 10 years later! Forget that! The Bankruptcy is over. Pay your workers more $!!!! No wonder the level of service at Red Rock has diminished.
A good place to work for the most part
Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2015
Pros: paid breaks, free meals, good benefits, good basic training for all
Cons: lower than average pay, company red tape
Station Casinos as a whole is a good place to work. They emphasize basic training in many facets of the jobs that are performed on property. The benefits are in line with the industry, the financial part is a little behind though.
We have gone through numerous General Managers at the property where I work and some are more successful than others. The ones that have been successful are energized – more... and care for the team members on a personal level.
The department I work in is relatively new to the company, so there has been some growing pains as we work together to figure out the best ways for all departments to be successful.
As the job market is improving now here, the challenge of getting and keeping qualified team members has grown more difficult. The process can get tedious and bogged down by the steps that are needed to be taken in a company as large as the one I am currently employed with. – less
i dont recomend to a friend
housekeeper (Current Employee), las vegas NVApril 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: some management need be out
stresfull day at work, the management input the lows and we don't have the right to said nothing. look like "ARMY".
The job never is hard whem you work confortable. when we get a plus from the guest, make our day.
It's an ok place to work
Slot Operations Shift Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2015
A typical day for a manager is very long and usually only 1 day off, the work lif balance is not great at all especially for upper managment.
Amazing workplace with lots of opportunities and amazing co-workers
Garde Manger (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Human Resources, retirement plans, free dining buffet, helpful management/ coworkers
Cons: Work hours are not always super flexible, some management takes stress out on employees, very fast-paced and confusing if not prepared for the job
Working at Red Rock was a great experience, and I learned a lot. A typical day was busy, but always possible to accomplish and succeed in with plenty of people there to answer any questions. Training is provided and the management is very helpful/ flexible to employee needs.
A Family First Approach
Solution Center/Sports Connection Support Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2015
I have no qualms with station casinos like with all jobs I find that sometimetimes when you are ready to mature and grow sometimes it may cause you to have to temporarily halt ties with employers who wish nothing but your greatest successes.

I enjoyed it at lot. Managers were realistic in their approach on most matters. Deadlines were present but you could find assistance with your co-workers.
Catering Cook (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMarch 17, 2015
Learned a lot from here culinarily. Management was very great, they are all about teaching and allowing you to learn and grow in your career field
fun work place but not secure
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee), Henderson, NevadaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: on call
beyond the best working environment.. the only problem is it takes too long to be full time from On Call.
Management is excellent-- but we need more hours to work
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Supervisor/ Job Coach (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2014
great job, with well rounded down-to-earth co-workers. i learned better ways to advance myself as an individual. i really enjoyed my co-workers. i really enjoyed training new employees.
Always an adventure
Contractor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2014
Stations is a unique work place. Lots of ideas, projects and growth. Love that it constantly keeps us on our toes and working towards new things.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
A typical work day involves auditing gaming documentation; however, inquiries dominate in the field. Personal relationships are important to maintaining the internal audit image. Management across the company is very enjoyable. The hardest part is keeping the job exciting when you have completed all of the required inquiries.
very competitive wages for local casinos.
Slot Technician Class 3 (Former Employee), las vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: very competitive wages for local casinos.
Cons: no bad experience just have to expand my knowledge on a different casino.
very competitive wages for local casinos. No bad experience just have to expand my knowledge on a different casino.
fast paced, great deals, team players
Cocktail Waitress/ Food Server (Current Employee), Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great discounts and fun events for employess
Cons: it is hard to move up and benefits are hard to receive
During football is when the place is really jumping. We like to have fun and we love our locals. The term teamwork is very important. The guest satisfaction is our priority. Therefore, our teamwork must be impeccable and harmonious. The hardest part of the job is not having enough tools for my service to run smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my guest return back to the establishment. One thing I have learned from this job is that communication is very important!
Productive and fun working environment
Banquet Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
At Station Casino's, we all get along and we help each other out as a team. The staff is friendly and management is there to support each and everyone of us. The hardest part of the job could be standing through the long extended ours. But I love what I do as a bartender. Time goes by fast when you get a chance to meet many different people from around the world. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing off your skills as a bartender.
Good Management
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good team members
Cons: nonepay
Team here is always aware of everything going on Mgmnt is awesome