Station Casinos Employee Reviews in United States

Employee perks but mismanagement issues
Casino Cashier (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2016
Management definelty will "go by the book" no matter the extenuating circumstances. Such as technical issues with their time clocks resulting in errors clocking in or out. They will immediately write you up and it will go in your file for months. This prevents you from applying for other positions within the company.
Management will write employees up for everything.

CSI scores are low. Employees are not treated fairly.

Being hired for an "On Call" position means just that. You have to be available no matter what or be prepared to have the above mentioned occur.

Otherwise it was a pleasure working with fellow employees. Wages are fairly competitive and if you can get enough hours to live on. Part-time is very few hours until the busy season or until you wait forever to move up the seniority ladder..
Pros
Free lunches, co-workers are helpful.
Cons
Short or no breaks if busy. Strict ridiculous write up policies
Learned a lot
Audit (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2016
I've had many opportunities to learn a great deal and grow personally and professionally in a fun and casual environment.
Red Rock Feast Buffet Server
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Red RockMay 27, 2016
We worked hard for the money we made but I made a pretty living. The pigs got the eat the left-overs but not the workers. Now I know how I ranked there! They didn't accept a doctors note if you called in sick. We had to be nice to nasty customers if we wanted to keep our jobs. It was a job and we had to do what we had to do to keep it. Management didn't work together in back to front operations. We had to be magicians to make things happen. Not much mutual respect among the ranks.
Good chances to move around company and for advancement
Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Lots of opportunities to move around properties and decent chances of advancement.
Salaries are usually below industry standards in comparable casino companies.
Pros
Good chance to move around company and advancement
Cons
Salaries below industry standards
good place to work
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2016
great people to work with and for love all that stations has to offer far and willing to work with and help you with any thing you may need would work there any time
Excellent Employer
Security Bike Officer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 21, 2016
Station Casinos are the last family owned Casinos in Las Vegas. It is a great company to work for in Vegas. I really enjoy working for them.
Family style work place
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
Everyone I have met at the stations casino is very nice, Everyone is on task and completes their jobs as needed. The Atmosphere is great no bad vibes and is a good place to start and learn about the casino work life.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Innovative Fast Paced Very Dynamic
Manager Application Development (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2016
My team built a Real-Time Fully Integrated Data Warehouse over 18 Casinos, 11 Hotels and 42 different Source Systems. With a very short timeline of 14 months and a relatively small budget we design - built and implemented warehouse that supported Financial closing analysis, Customer Rewards, Security Analytics and Employee Training. Using Best of Breed technology and a fantastic team of staff as well as Consultants in the technologies we Lowered Marketing costs by over $100K / month, Closed the books two weeks earlier than before, Increased Customer Retention during the worse economic downturn Las Vegas has ever seen. This was my first Data Warehouse project and I learned invaluable lessons about Data Quality and Analytics as well as applying then to achieve Corporate goals. The unwavering support of the CIO was critical in the success of the project, the hardest part was the long hours which were sometimes required but necessary.
Pros
Commitment to Dynamic Software solutions
Cons
Short timelines
Family run, family environment
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2016
Love the people and love the culture. From day when you're brought in you're treated as family, and you are given the tools to further your career into management if you choose to do so. The training department is top notch.
Good Company
Specialty Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2015
Treats team members fairly. Pays competitive wages with good benefits. Fun & engaging management. Enjoys working with locals.

Want to know more about Station Casinos?

Ask a question
fulfilling
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2015
The job keeps one on their toes with promotions being offered to guests . closeness among team members and the support that is provided for each other.
great job
Kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 8, 2015
The job was overall a very good job i learned a lot about dishes and how there supposed to be washed correctly. I loved this job and made sure we all worked as a team so our job could be a success.
Pros
free lunch and benifets
Cons
on call hours
Station
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2015
Spent 10 years working four different restaurants. Buffet, coffee shop, Italian and steakhouse. Serving in all positions. a very fun and busy company
Very Uptight
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2015
Liked the job role but some people were not friendly and did not know how to communicate effectively. Paying the bills for hotels.
Sunset Station/Former Employee
Security (Former Employee) –  SunsetOctober 20, 2015
The management is terrible, they don't know how to treat good employees. The only way you can advance and move up in positions is if your friends with someone that works there. The only decent part about working for stations was the hourly pay and the benefits and that's only if you can tolerate the favoritism towards other employees that don't even know how to do their jobs. The security department at Sunset needs a change in management. They have no idea what they are doing. If you try and transfer to a different property or a different position to try and better yourself and your career, they will start writing you up for small, stupid, petty things to make sure you don't transfer and then sooner or later they will get rid of you. The security department at Sunset is the worst department I have ever worked for...
Pros
Cons
Everything Etc. Etc.
Team member work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2015
everyone works together to maintain a great enviroment and work flow, team work its very important and its what makes this place run smoothly.
great place to work
Concession worker (Current Employee) –  las vegas nv.September 20, 2015
positive work enviornment, great team work ,great place to work, Im a full time employee , I work the register, I cook the food, I organize the merchandise, and i work closely with all the staff of the casino
most enjoyable meeting new people
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2015
fun at first but as the years went on it got to be very stressful .lot of red tap and politics.most of my team members were ok
Great Place to work with enjoyable Teams
Bingo/Keno Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2015
Internal opportunities for advancement - started out as an administrative assistant and was promoted to department manager. By the time I left, I had opened three Bingo rooms and two keno lounges; hired the opening teams as well. I mentored a subordinate who in turn also became a manager. I also worked with Gaming interns from University of Nevada (UNLV). I was instrumental in helping other departments who didn't fully understand my gaming departments, and left the company knowing I had hired the most efficient and friendliest bingo and keno teams at Green Valley Ranch Resort. Internal management classes were offered that I took advantage of and completed several.
Pros
Great benefits, free meals, opportunities for advancement
Cons
some departments had huge turnover (including management positions)
12 Years of my Life
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 27, 2015
This company has provided for my family for many years. They were very good to me and all their employees. I loved working for them! Stations has a good client base and friendly staff. I always felt like I was appreciated .
Pros
Free Insurance and good pay!