Station Casinos Employee Reviews

nothing to what they preach to be
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2016
no communication from management. last minute agendas, no organization. there was no learning the "leader" of the department has no clue to what he is doing
Beware
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  CasinoOctober 2, 2016
Station Casinos DOES NOT give it's salaried team members annual raises and the pay for most management jobs is far below the industry average. In fact most management jobs starting salary is the same as it was 25 years ago.
Pros
None unless you are in a tipping position.
Cons
Salary
not relevant to my future
VP of Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2016
15 years very good run and amazing learning experience. Communicating blindly is not comfortable and do not see the relevance in completing to proceed with other opporutnities.
Pros
Lucative
Cons
Big job not good for my personal life
Great company, management, gear, and employees.
Entertainment Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2016
Station Casinos is a great place to work. The management and crew, as well as onsite vendors and residential/visiting talent are always professional and pleasant.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of hours and benefits.
Pros
Constantly challenging and fun
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits
Good benefits
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2016
Good place to work to gain experience. Good job security. However, corporate leadership is quick to reduce benefits and needed work hours without timely considered notice.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate short falls
Security Manager / Assistant Supervisor/ Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2016
Working there was quite an adventure everything was family oriented everybody was very nice I would recommend working there to anyone that would like to apply and work in Las Vegas
Station casinos doesnt care about anything but making money for themselfs
Food and beverage (Current Employee) –  Food and beverageJuly 18, 2016
I been working for over 13 years with this company ,this company eliminates positions and expects the few employees that are left to pick up the slack .they don't value their employee what so ever they treat their employees like ROBOOTS !!!!!!! If any body wants to do the work for three people and get paid 1salary...ran around like a chicken with out a head and still get disciplined for being rude to a guest that threatens you this place would be just right.I haven't been able to get out of this place nobody wants to hire older people now in days...
Pros
Cons
Free food( that gets you sick in the team member dinning area!)
busy locals casino
Casino Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
good place to work
customer service, hot meals
benefits
Lots of great people and a long time relationships
safe and secure
Great people to work with in this company and lives by amazing core values and vision!
Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
Station Casino’s is a great company to work for within the Las Vegas Valley. It has many properties to work at throughout the Las Vegas Valley which provides great opportunity for growth within the company; while learning best practices at each along the way. SC caters mostly to the locals living Las Vegas which gives the guests and Team Members a feeling of family; not just someone who’s here today, gone tomorrow! However, if you are in management, there are many times throughout the year where it is difficult to balance any kind of work/life balance; especially in F&B. Otherwise, it is an amazing company that has no limit’s and continues to grow even larger as one of the Giants of the Las Vegas Casino brands!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, Training/Self Developement courses, Great Team Members to work with (Both hourly and salaried), Great benefits for FT Team Members
Cons
Work/life balance, Politics as usual, High management turnover rate, No merit points from previous successes.
It's a great company to work for
Front Desk Agent now Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
There's lots of diversity in this company, it keeps it's doors open to all who are looking for work and are dependable. Working there you meet great people and always feel as part of a team.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Raises are rare.
Employee perks but mismanagement issues
Casino Cashier (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2016
Management definelty will "go by the book" no matter the extenuating circumstances. Such as technical issues with their time clocks resulting in errors clocking in or out. They will immediately write you up and it will go in your file for months. This prevents you from applying for other positions within the company.
Management will write employees up for everything.

CSI scores are low. Employees are not treated fairly.

Being hired for an "On Call" position means just that. You have to be available no matter what or be prepared to have the above mentioned occur.

Otherwise it was a pleasure working with fellow employees. Wages are fairly competitive and if you can get enough hours to live on. Part-time is very few hours until the busy season or until you wait forever to move up the seniority ladder..
Pros
Free lunches, co-workers are helpful.
Cons
Short or no breaks if busy. Strict ridiculous write up policies
Learned a lot
Audit (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2016
I've had many opportunities to learn a great deal and grow personally and professionally in a fun and casual environment.
Red Rock Feast Buffet Server
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Red RockMay 27, 2016
We worked hard for the money we made but I made a pretty living. The pigs got the eat the left-overs but not the workers. Now I know how I ranked there! They didn't accept a doctors note if you called in sick. We had to be nice to nasty customers if we wanted to keep our jobs. It was a job and we had to do what we had to do to keep it. Management didn't work together in back to front operations. We had to be magicians to make things happen. Not much mutual respect among the ranks.
Good chances to move around company and for advancement
Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Lots of opportunities to move around properties and decent chances of advancement.
Salaries are usually below industry standards in comparable casino companies.
Pros
Good chance to move around company and advancement
Cons
Salaries below industry standards
good place to work
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2016
great people to work with and for love all that stations has to offer far and willing to work with and help you with any thing you may need would work there any time
Excellent Employer
Security Bike Officer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 21, 2016
Station Casinos are the last family owned Casinos in Las Vegas. It is a great company to work for in Vegas. I really enjoy working for them.
Family style work place
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
Everyone I have met at the stations casino is very nice, Everyone is on task and completes their jobs as needed. The Atmosphere is great no bad vibes and is a good place to start and learn about the casino work life.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Innovative Fast Paced Very Dynamic
Manager Application Development (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2016
My team built a Real-Time Fully Integrated Data Warehouse over 18 Casinos, 11 Hotels and 42 different Source Systems. With a very short timeline of 14 months and a relatively small budget we design - built and implemented warehouse that supported Financial closing analysis, Customer Rewards, Security Analytics and Employee Training. Using Best of Breed technology and a fantastic team of staff as well as Consultants in the technologies we Lowered Marketing costs by over $100K / month, Closed the books two weeks earlier than before, Increased Customer Retention during the worse economic downturn Las Vegas has ever seen. This was my first Data Warehouse project and I learned invaluable lessons about Data Quality and Analytics as well as applying then to achieve Corporate goals. The unwavering support of the CIO was critical in the success of the project, the hardest part was the long hours which were sometimes required but necessary.
Pros
Commitment to Dynamic Software solutions
Cons
Short timelines
Family run, family environment
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2016
Love the people and love the culture. From day when you're brought in you're treated as family, and you are given the tools to further your career into management if you choose to do so. The training department is top notch.
Good Company
Specialty Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2015
Treats team members fairly. Pays competitive wages with good benefits. Fun & engaging management. Enjoys working with locals.