Station Casinos Employee Reviews in United States

Sunset Station/Former Employee
Security (Former Employee) –  SunsetOctober 20, 2015
The management is terrible, they don't know how to treat good employees. The only way you can advance and move up in positions is if your friends with someone that works there. The only decent part about working for stations was the hourly pay and the benefits and that's only if you can tolerate the favoritism towards other employees that don't even know how to do their jobs. The security department at Sunset needs a change in management. They have no idea what they are doing. If you try and transfer to a different property or a different position to try and better yourself and your career, they will start writing you up for small, stupid, petty things to make sure you don't transfer and then sooner or later they will get rid of you. The security department at Sunset is the worst department I have ever worked for...
Pros
Cons
Everything Etc. Etc.
Family run, family environment
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2016
Love the people and love the culture. From day when you're brought in you're treated as family, and you are given the tools to further your career into management if you choose to do so. The training department is top notch.
Great Place to work with enjoyable Teams
Bingo/Keno Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2015
Internal opportunities for advancement - started out as an administrative assistant and was promoted to department manager. By the time I left, I had opened three Bingo rooms and two keno lounges; hired the opening teams as well. I mentored a subordinate who in turn also became a manager. I also worked with Gaming interns from University of Nevada (UNLV). I was instrumental in helping other departments who didn't fully understand my gaming departments, and left the company knowing I had hired the most efficient and friendliest bingo and keno teams at Green Valley Ranch Resort. Internal management classes were offered that I took advantage of and completed several.
Pros
Great benefits, free meals, opportunities for advancement
Cons
some departments had huge turnover (including management positions)
Innovative Fast Paced Very Dynamic
Manager Application Development (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2016
My team built a Real-Time Fully Integrated Data Warehouse over 18 Casinos, 11 Hotels and 42 different Source Systems. With a very short timeline of 14 months and a relatively small budget we design - built and implemented warehouse that supported Financial closing analysis, Customer Rewards, Security Analytics and Employee Training. Using Best of Breed technology and a fantastic team of staff as well as Consultants in the technologies we Lowered Marketing costs by over $100K / month, Closed the books two weeks earlier than before, Increased Customer Retention during the worse economic downturn Las Vegas has ever seen. This was my first Data Warehouse project and I learned invaluable lessons about Data Quality and Analytics as well as applying then to achieve Corporate goals. The unwavering support of the CIO was critical in the success of the project, the hardest part was the long hours which were sometimes required but necessary.
Pros
Commitment to Dynamic Software solutions
Cons
Short timelines
You have opportunity to move up, but the staff is overworked, the management is unresponsive, and the environment is unhealthy.
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2015
I can give this company that you will be given opportunity to advance, and they offer decent benefits. That's about as far as praise can go for this company. Nearly every day I was working past the time I was assigned just to catch up with the enormous amount of work you are expected to do in a day. The management seemed to be a group all to their own, rarely did I see a manager but to tell me where I was doing wrong, the only praise I remember getting was when I won a "contest" to up-sell as much product as possible (I.e: Beers, wine, liquor, etc.). I couldn't recommend working in the smoke house of an environment, I have asthma and knew smoke would be present, but working in a non-smoking area I assumed it would be dialed down a bit, this was not the case.
Pros
Opportunity to move up, and decent benefits.
Cons
Bad management, unhealthy work-place environment, over worked and underpaid.
Good Company
Specialty Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2015
Treats team members fairly. Pays competitive wages with good benefits. Fun & engaging management. Enjoys working with locals.
Employee perks but mismanagement issues
Casino Cashier (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2016
Management definelty will "go by the book" no matter the extenuating circumstances. Such as technical issues with their time clocks resulting in errors clocking in or out. They will immediately write you up and it will go in your file for months. This prevents you from applying for other positions within the company.
Management will write employees up for everything.

CSI scores are low. Employees are not treated fairly.

Being hired for an "On Call" position means just that. You have to be available no matter what or be prepared to have the above mentioned occur.

Otherwise it was a pleasure working with fellow employees. Wages are fairly competitive and if you can get enough hours to live on. Part-time is very few hours until the busy season or until you wait forever to move up the seniority ladder..
Pros
Free lunches, co-workers are helpful.
Cons
Short or no breaks if busy. Strict ridiculous write up policies
Station casinos doesnt care about anything but making money for themselfs
Food and beverage (Current Employee) –  Food and beverageJuly 18, 2016
I been working for over 13 years with this company ,this company eliminates positions and expects the few employees that are left to pick up the slack .they don't value their employee what so ever they treat their employees like ROBOOTS !!!!!!! If any body wants to do the work for three people and get paid 1salary...ran around like a chicken with out a head and still get disciplined for being rude to a guest that threatens you this place would be just right.I haven't been able to get out of this place nobody wants to hire older people now in days...
Pros
Cons
Free food( that gets you sick in the team member dinning area!)
Family style work place
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
Everyone I have met at the stations casino is very nice, Everyone is on task and completes their jobs as needed. The Atmosphere is great no bad vibes and is a good place to start and learn about the casino work life.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Red Rock Feast Buffet Server
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Red RockMay 27, 2016
We worked hard for the money we made but I made a pretty living. The pigs got the eat the left-overs but not the workers. Now I know how I ranked there! They didn't accept a doctors note if you called in sick. We had to be nice to nasty customers if we wanted to keep our jobs. It was a job and we had to do what we had to do to keep it. Management didn't work together in back to front operations. We had to be magicians to make things happen. Not much mutual respect among the ranks.
Starter company to gain experience and move on
Busser/ runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
A good place to start learning the hospitality industry, but as far as long termi would look else where.

Fun Work place, supportive middle management, not sure about growth. Hr need some work on RED TAPE ISSUES !!!
Pros
good starter company
Cons
bad benefits, all employees are part time until someone higher up on seniority list is term or retires, no opportunity to go to management
Good chances to move around company and for advancement
Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
Lots of opportunities to move around properties and decent chances of advancement.
Salaries are usually below industry standards in comparable casino companies.
Pros
Good chance to move around company and advancement
Cons
Salaries below industry standards
It's a great company to work for
Front Desk Agent now Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
There's lots of diversity in this company, it keeps it's doors open to all who are looking for work and are dependable. Working there you meet great people and always feel as part of a team.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Raises are rare.
Security Manager / Assistant Supervisor/ Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2016
Working there was quite an adventure everything was family oriented everybody was very nice I would recommend working there to anyone that would like to apply and work in Las Vegas
fulfilling
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2015
The job keeps one on their toes with promotions being offered to guests . closeness among team members and the support that is provided for each other.
good place to work
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2016
great people to work with and for love all that stations has to offer far and willing to work with and help you with any thing you may need would work there any time
busy locals casino
Casino Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
good place to work
customer service, hot meals
benefits
Lots of great people and a long time relationships
safe and secure
Learned a lot
Audit (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2016
I've had many opportunities to learn a great deal and grow personally and professionally in a fun and casual environment.
Excellent Employer
Security Bike Officer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 21, 2016
Station Casinos are the last family owned Casinos in Las Vegas. It is a great company to work for in Vegas. I really enjoy working for them.
Fun
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Station Casinos. I ended up having my first child while working at Station Casinos. I couldn't balance the work and becoming a new job, but I loved the management and culture at Stations.