Station Casinos Employee Reviews

No job security with a lot of favoritism
Front of the house Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2017
Work becomes routine with no advancement or preference for ones strength and capacity. Job transfers are based on who you know and which department you come from
Pros
Free shirts, free meal, discounts on properties.
Cons
Managers are incompetent
Good company
Dealer School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAOctober 25, 2017
They were fun and entertaining company to work with. I enjoyed the time I was with them and look forward to joining their team again if my career takes that direction.
Poor management and too much favortism
Hotel (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2017
Worked at red rock for over a decade and should've left sooner. Management is awful and only likes the ones that can kiss butt. Human resources is not on your side and is all about the favoritism. Seems like anything good you do goes unnoticed but the minute you make a mistake or just call out it's the end of the world and write up. Was hoping it would go union but of course stations never will. Get your experience there and get out because there is way better opportunities out there.
Excellent experience
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palace Station.October 3, 2017
Excellent experience. They gave me my first job opportunity.Very good work environment.Excellent management of the houskeeping department.Good benefits.
Quick-paced Workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
A lot of chances for career advancement. Need to be willing to put in a lot of time and effort. It's always busy. You have to be willing to do 2 jobs underneath you and 2 jobs above you.
MGT Review
Corporate Project Manager (Apex Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89135September 19, 2017
Very stress filled environment.
MGT plays employees against each other.
MGT speaks poorly of co workers in front of other co workers.
Not sincere with contract to hire. Many contractors have been there for years.
No comment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
Typical day at work: usually it's busy in the begging of the month because of month end closing. After close, the work environment is less stressful and more relaxed.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Minimal salary
They have a great culture, and try to be fair to all.
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
i would review invoices to see that they matched bid prices and quantities ordered, if all was okay I would enter it into the computer inventory receiving storage system so AP could pay the invoice. The most stressful time was the extra long day at the first of each month when the outlet inventories would have to be entered a number of times, because of counting errors made be the chefs. However training the new team members and helping streamline new ways of doing thing, or when i saved the company money, because of mistakes I found felt like I made a difference.
Pros
great benefits, free lunch
Cons
extra long hours on certain days and sometimes no days off in weeks
nice work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
loved my job, and some of the staff, guest were great, my hours met all my needs to take care of my 2 daughters' love graveyard shifts....very enjoyable place some days to work at.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
people calling off
Rules should apply to everyone, nobody should get special treatment.
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palms Place VegasSeptember 2, 2017
Unfair rules. Don't get sick even with a doctor's note, you will still accrue points. (be penalized) Verbal Harrasment charges are not taken seriously, and you can still retain your job. Punishments don't "FIT" the "Crime". Lots of confusion. Incompetent people are hired, people who know management and the hard workers pick up the slack. My experience was just awful.
Pros
Benefits for full time.
Cons
Unfair, senseless rules. Special treatment for some.
they suck
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  insideAugust 30, 2017
they suck, the management sucks, they don't care about the employees or the guests. this is a sucky process soo, I just want to apply for a job. Not tell you all about the sucky place I work now.
productive and fun
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2017
Supported the AS400 and the applications that ran on that system. I worked different shifts at times, in order to support the company while they searched for the right employee.
Pros
team building Fridays
Cons
Poor Management, but free buffet lunches
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2017
Day to day depends on the management, and where and when you get hired. It could be engaging and exciting, but not for most new hires.

Management has serious issues dealing with appropriate training and coaching of new hires.

Free lunch in the buffet every day was great.
Anti Union all the way. They hate being fair
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2017
The only reason the Managers even talk to you is either to get you in trouble or to find out what you like an change it. They hate being fair.
They need a Union in there. The company treats the workers so bad and has them really scared. The owners are Billionaire richboy Bully's
Pros
decenit beinifits
Cons
Micro management. Good luck they are hard core hateful and stupid.
Fun environment, great company to work for
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Texas stationAugust 4, 2017
My day usually consists of checking if we are staffed for the day. If not we call someone in to cover . I do orders for JDE
And I make sure the buffet looks clean and fresh
Pros
Opportunity to move up
Cons
Pay
Very Corporate Culture
Director Slot Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2017
Stations has some of the best metrics to analyze their business operations in place and used by all. The middle management reports to multiple bosses who at times are contradictory to one another.
Pros
Strength in numbers and industry prowress. Great experience to be associated with.
Cons
Reporting culture with too many direct reports
On par
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
In talking with other industry professionals, they are more relaxed then the strip, on par with competitors. About what you would expect for a locals casino company.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2017
Opening and closing the store. Handling customer in-store orders, financial management and exceeding all individual and team sales goals. I was rewarded with added responsibility of managing tips for all employees.
Casino "as is work"
Slot Floorperson (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2017
A typical day starts with a goal to make tips , personality is the only way that will happen. The unfortunate part is everything you make has to be shared with the entire department including management, and people They put a lot of pressure on you to get club card sign- ups. You may even lose your job if you dont meet the club card sign up quota. These are local casinos so nearly everyone already has a card. I found all of the things I have mentioned are the hardest parts of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction and the fantastic group of people I had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
no benefits, not many options to become full time
Human Resources / Benefits / Payroll Benefits
Human Resources / Benefits / Payroll Benefit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2017
The time I spent with Station Casinos on the different properties was a learning experience. I do believe that Stations strives to make the work environment and work culture #1 priority.
Pros
I liked my jobs and enjoyed going to work
Cons
Office politics, to much drama, no confidentiality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Station Casinos. Our community is ready to answer.