Station Casinos Employee Reviews

Fun environment, great company to work for
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Texas stationAugust 4, 2017
My day usually consists of checking if we are staffed for the day. If not we call someone in to cover . I do orders for JDE
And I make sure the buffet looks clean and fresh
Pros
Opportunity to move up
Cons
Pay
On par
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
In talking with other industry professionals, they are more relaxed then the strip, on par with competitors. About what you would expect for a locals casino company.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 15, 2017
Opening and closing the store. Handling customer in-store orders, financial management and exceeding all individual and team sales goals. I was rewarded with added responsibility of managing tips for all employees.
Casino "as is work"
Slot Floorperson (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2017
A typical day starts with a goal to make tips , personality is the only way that will happen. The unfortunate part is everything you make has to be shared with the entire department including management, and people They put a lot of pressure on you to get club card sign- ups. You may even lose your job if you dont meet the club card sign up quota. These are local casinos so nearly everyone already has a card. I found all of the things I have mentioned are the hardest parts of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction and the fantastic group of people I had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
no benefits, not many options to become full time
Human Resources / Benefits / Payroll Benefits
Human Resources / Benefits / Payroll Benefit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2017
The time I spent with Station Casinos on the different properties was a learning experience. I do believe that Stations strives to make the work environment and work culture #1 priority.
Pros
I liked my jobs and enjoyed going to work
Cons
Office politics, to much drama, no confidentiality
Great bunch of coworkers
Slot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 10, 2017
The people I work with are great as well as the guests. If it weren't for them I probably wouldn't still be there

Casino life is hard. Smoke, hours, after all it is a 24/7 365 days a year job

Working every weekend and all holidays

Not very family friendly
Pros
Great guests and friendship. 401k
Cons
Healthcare, wages not comparable, working weekends and all holidays, not enough vacation days
Family friendly environment
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
Great benefits
Feel at home with internal and external guests
There's room for improvement
The company takes care of team members
Fun place to work
Good communication with other departments
Worst company to work fir
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2017
It's like working for a bunch of drunken druggies. The upper management are rude, drunks that abuse employees. It's easy fur employees to get managers fired, but, employees get away with murder.
Great company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 13, 2017
Worked my way through the ranks from a server to assistant manager and now for the 2 and half years been room manager and have a lot of great mentors on the way up
Teamwork and people were excellent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2017
Benefits package was outstanding. Team members were amazing to work with. Management was overrated, they take better care of the team memebers then management team.
Pros
Full medical, dental, vision benefits for inidividual and low cost for family
Cons
Long hours, management wages ended up being less than team members with overtime and tips
Fun place to work for very professional environment
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER, Red Rock Casino (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2017
Fun place to work for very professional environment company offers courses for advancement and also has room for advancement overall great place to start.
Worst job I ever had...
Bar Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2017
I worked for a Station Casino property last year. I waited to post a review because I wanted to give a chance for everything to cool down. But even 10 months later, I can honestly say that this is probably the worst employer I have ever had.

This company is so full of lies it's a joke. They claim to be there for their employees but the reality is that they couldn't care less about them. They're all talk with empty promises and if you let them they will take advantage of you. If you try to stand up for yourself, they have no problem firing you. It's well within their rights to do, of course but their demands are unreasonable. They will overwork you and if you were about to say "that's fine as long as they make me full time," just know that it is next to impossible to be hired full time by them. They expect you to be able to multitask at ridiculous levels. Don't get me wrong, I expect a fair amount of multitasking working in a hospitality related job but no single human being is capable of doing all the things they want their employees to do.

There's a lot of shady stuff going on with Station Casinos. You are dealing with the worst of the worst as far as the people who work there and the patrons that go there. I would stay as far away from Station Casinos as humanly possible. I would avoid working there as well as going there.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Takes advantage of employees, poor quality of employees, shady labor practices, poor management
They need to take care of the Managers.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2017
Used to be a good place to work. Pay not going up with everything else and benefits are terrible compared to when I had started. As a Manager you would hope that they would take better care of them and their team.
Cons
They take advantage of the Management. No balance of work/life
Great Place to Work...Advancement Possible in Other Departments
Solution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2016
I enjjoyed working with the Solution Center. It was a very rewarding experience. It did have its flaws. Advancement was minimal or limited if it occurred. There was no true culture to promote within.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
Very little advancement in IT department
Great Company
Corporate Database Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2016
You are treated like family. All of the companies policy lends to a great work life balance. Private owned company with better benefits then any organized public companies. I Loved working there.
Difficult schedule
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2016
The job itself, as well as the company, take great care of their employees. However, the on call positions most individuals start off at are extremely demanding.
nothing to what they preach to be
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2016
no communication from management. last minute agendas, no organization. there was no learning the "leader" of the department has no clue to what he is doing
Beware
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  CasinoOctober 2, 2016
Station Casinos DOES NOT give it's salaried team members annual raises and the pay for most management jobs is far below the industry average. In fact most management jobs starting salary is the same as it was 25 years ago.
Pros
None unless you are in a tipping position.
Cons
Salary
not relevant to my future
VP of Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2016
15 years very good run and amazing learning experience. Communicating blindly is not comfortable and do not see the relevance in completing to proceed with other opporutnities.
Pros
Lucative
Cons
Big job not good for my personal life
Great company, management, gear, and employees.
Entertainment Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2016
Station Casinos is a great place to work. The management and crew, as well as onsite vendors and residential/visiting talent are always professional and pleasant.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of hours and benefits.
Pros
Constantly challenging and fun
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Station Casinos. Our community is ready to answer.