Station Employee Reviews

High energy job with amazing work team !
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCSeptember 6, 2016
I relocated from New York to Greenville in November of 2015. I started working at The Station in December. I have met the most amazing people there. I love my job. The owner is very kind hearted and works well with his employees. Its a high energy job with many regular patrons.
Pros
Live music, specials, fundraisers and special events.
Cons
Smoking establishment
Good
Radio DJ (Current Employee) –  Howell, MIFebruary 4, 2017
Management is amazing, and everyone is very friendly, worth working for and always can put a smile on your face.
Constantly on your feet and must work well with others no matter what the situation is
Great Experience
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 30, 2016
As Station Manager I was able to work in a great environment and advance my leadership skills. I had the support of professors and peers to do what I thought was right for the station.
Fun Summer Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 21, 2015
I have worked there for many years. It is a good summer place to work at! I was able to advance very quickly. They are willing to compensate for what you are worth. Good small business to work for
Pros
Good Owners, benefits, good raises
Cons
long hours, fasted paced environment
busy workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  wardMay 25, 2016
counselling a client for long hours, have learned importance of engagement and working as a team player amongst co-workers and the hardest part was how to satisfy everyone due to the demand and most enjoyable time was clients satisfaction
Pros
workshops
Cons
less rest
The People Make It Better
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIFebruary 7, 2016
My typical day is 8am - 4pm most often later than that. I work in the kitchen so my main goal is to get lunch out every day. I get along with management, but my only problem is the store manager is the assistant managers mother. They often don't help out when needed. My co workers are great, but some of them are lazy and don't care making the job difficult to the people after them. It doesn't matter how many times you talk to them they still don't care and the company doesn't fire anyone. The hardest part of the job is going in every day and its the same thing as yesterday as far as being set up for success that is not what it is. I feel that I am set up for failure. There is not much team work here. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. We get a lot of regulars and they are great.
fun working place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAApril 10, 2016
it gets very busy
the staff are very friendly
I learned management skills for example:counting the safe , closing and opening, and helping our store reach our goals
Pros
40%
Cons
no breaks and rude customers
Station attendant
Tire, and Lube Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eddies 66 Geneva, NebraskaAugust 12, 2015
Change tires, oil, and pump gas. The management was great , put me in charge of being supervisor within 1 month of start date. Hardest part of this job was remembering who could charge and who couldn't considering I was knew to the town. Meeting people was always a great challenge.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
Business sold
Looking forward to launch
FREELANCE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2016
Once Station gets officially launched, the ad revenue/monetization game will change and offer talent and producers opportunity to a more valuable revenue stream.
What I learned
Station/Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 12, 2012
Airline industry does not pay well or respect their employees.
Pros
free flight benefits
Cons
bad work environment
gained great experience interviewing and recruiting
Machinery Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 22, 2015
This was a learning experience as well as a chance for me to excel in an unsupervised position . I achieved goals as set forth by command and set personal goals that i also achieved
Pros
varied work hours
Cons
tour was much too short
I enjoy working as a team.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  LaPine, ORApril 23, 2012
This company taught me skills for life. Working as a team in a fast pace environment, and taking care of my customers is something that i believe every employer looks for in a future/present employee. During my time at the 76 Station I applied my social skills, my math skills and my ability to work as a team in a fast pace work place.
material handling
Head of Maintenance, Flying J's Gas (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 28, 2013
•Building, grounds and fuel pump maintenance.
•Obtained CPR certificate.
•End of month fuel pumps checks and submitted paperwork.
•Took facility from 13th to 3rd in company’s maintenance ranking
•Operated forklifts, reach trucks and stock pickers
•Breaking down and setting up meeting halls and general convention area
Pros
good pay and good hours
Cons
no healthcare
Fun work place
manager (Former Employee) –  West Alton MOFebruary 17, 2012
I was the manager of the station so it had up and downs. I liked to interact with the daily customers. When i started they company didn't even no what they made a bottle of soda. I wwent through and started from bottom to top pricing correctly and making them a lot more money.
Pros
customer interacting
Cons
having to keep close eye on employees
Create own agenda to follow
Assistant Manager, Unocal 76 Station (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 19, 2013
Pay bills, make call to collect accounts receivable, scheduling employees work schedule, and balance each shift and balance end of day transactions.
Pros
working enviroment is not intense
Cons
sometime boring when there is no customer
n/a
Sports Director/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  n/aAugust 14, 2013
Cook, Train, and Control Italian Style Cuisine for a family based restaurant.
Description: Know every position in the kitchen. Be able to work, train, and lead the entire Olive Garden Team.
Great
Testing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Administering the ASVAB test to all the future military. To be organized and how to keep up with a high pace environment.
Pros
It was a Civil Service position with job stablity.