Statoil

Statoil Employee Reviews

No longer a company to admire
Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 28, 2015
This company has serious management issues (Houston) from the top down. The management's lack of success in exploration discoveries reveals deeper issues. Be very weary before accepting a job offer here, the few good benefits do not outweigh the negatives. No true pension plan. Health benefits not what they once were. Flashy management with no record of success or ability.
Excellent Learning Experience
Consulting Engineer (Former Employee), Oslo, N03June 19, 2015
Perfect environment for working with various different vendors. Empowers employees with various employee benefits and improves the learning curve for each.
No Diversity Program, Very Incompetent US Managers, Stressful Open Work Environment
Confidential (Former Employee), HoustonJune 15, 2015
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Cons: Retains a very high volume of contract employees for very long periods of time, with very little chance of ever being hired
This company is in dire need of a Diversity program for it's US offices, especially Houston if it wants to compete with major US oil companies for the best talent. Currently, managers have unethical hiring and firing methods. Norwegian Management personnel are much easier to work with than the biased US Management personnel. Not a place to expect a long term career!

Open Work space environment may work for Noweigan offices, but stressful and demeaning in US work culture.
BAKKEN
Pipeline HSE Specialist (Special Projects) (Former Employee), Williston, NDJune 8, 2015
Pros: Awesome Management
Cons: Hardheaded Contractors
Winters are Cold Summers are Hot, but the wildlife and people are incredible. Really great bunch of individuals to work for. Great leadership! The working contractors in the Bakken need to face the facts and those facts are written in blood. TOO MANY Workplace Fatalities!! Safety First Fellas! Good or Bad cost efficient or not. If it's not right....DON'T DO IT!
Contract position
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Very good work experience & chance to meet some really good people. Having SAP to work with was something that I enjoyed.
Great place to work.
Heirship Specialist (Current Employee), New Martinsville, Wetzel Co., West VirginiaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: n/a
Nobody breating down our neck. Gives up time to finish a project properly.

Daily, start about 9:00. Free to go to courthouse and adverse. Free to make calls to potential mineral owners.
Great place to work, fun enviroment
Coordinator/Consultant (Former Employee), Williston,NDFebruary 25, 2015
In a typical day, I would schedule work for consultants and up to 20 crews from 5 different companies using SAP, and CITRIX. I would also cost track and manage all work. I would be in constant contact with crew foreman's to awnser any questions, and or approve more work on a well location. I would also take at least half the day if possible to visit the jobs that I handed out to help coach and develop.
Good work/life balance, not much advancement options
Geology Intern, US Offshore Petroleum Technology (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Great work life balance at Statoil. The company was undergoing layoffs to the tune of 1,200 to 1,400 while I was there. Very diverse and dynamic work environment. Sometimes the US branch of the company feels shunned in comparison to the Norwegian part.
Good Company for professional, not for beginner.
Production Engineer (Current Employee), BergenOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good life/work balance
Cons: not good professional plan for graduate entry
Good Company for professional, not for beginner. Not an international environment. You need to find your development plan and career. No one mentors you except you are very lucky.
Ok company
Senior Analyst, Performance Management (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
Cost cutting is a problem. Culture is very Norweigian by nature. Most people there are not a fan of their processes.
Projects
Internship (Former Employee), Freeport, BahamasOctober 31, 2013
Pros: free ride to work.
Cons: no overtime for interns.
I enjoyed completing the challenging projects that were assigned to me. That allowed me to get a first-hand experienced on what I will be doing throughout my career. Also I was privileged to be able to give my suggestions on how projects can be completed successfully and safely at our weekly department meeting.
Good company, just not everywhere
Subsurface (Former Employee), Houston,TexasMay 12, 2013
Pros: half price lunches. 9/80 schedule
Cons: competent management lacking
Statoil has good benefits that are comparable with the industry. I will elaborate only on Houston Onshore. Not much to praise about.
They lack established processes and nothing runs smoothly.
The work environment is OPEN seating which is very stifling, distracting, and not set up for professionals of our trade.
The management style is one sided and shallow. The politics are designed to confuse and made up to fit the situation at that time.
Big turnover in employees over the last 5 years. Not much improvement since.

June 13, 2013

All execs and managers except Legal, HSE and HR are Norwegian. The culture is still very focused on "how Norway does it." There are no processes for anything, bills are rarely ever paid on time, pay is low and there is NO career path for administrative assistants.

Disorganized with inexperienced incompetent supervisors
Consulting Landman (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: office accomodations were excellent
Cons: work environment was unprofessional
The company professes to want to hire experienced people. However management is inexperienced and lack knowledge and expertise. The environment is not conducive for long term employment. Diversity
in employment is not practiced here.I was supervised by someone who told me he did know how to express to me what my job duties were. Additionally he told me that the work did not have to be correct and that I was too precise.
A workplace of constructive cooperation
Base, Logistics and Project Support Manager (Former Employee), Iran (Ilam, Khorrram-Abad and Kish Island)February 22, 2012
Pros: a safe and freindly working environment
Cons: unsecured employment contracts for locals, even for those working for more than 10 years
A great company that do take care of its employees in an open and honest means and manners,
A place of cooperative and collaborative teamwork
environement de travail agréable
Stagiaire-Ingénieur Maintenance (Former Employee), In AmenasFebruary 27, 2014
compléter et consolider ma formation d'ingénieur en instrumentation.
Headquarters