We are seeking a full-time IT network administrator to ensure the ongoing operation of our internal corporate IT infrastructure. This position will support an internal user base of about 80 users. Our network consists of two geographically separate sites, with about a dozen daily office users per site. The remainder of our users are telecommuters. Depending on staffing levels and projects, the network administrator may have access to an intern as a co-worker to assist with desktop support. The two most important qualities this candidate will possess are:
- A self-managing and mature work ethic that puts the business and the customer first
- A willingness and desire to learn and/or self-develop in areas where experience may be lacking
What is expected to perform in this role:
- LAN: has an intuitive understanding of TCP/IP networks, DHCP, DNS as well as the associated best practices and troubleshooting skills. Familiar with common network topologies, and the physical installation/troubleshooting of hybrid Ethernet / wifi networks.
- WAN: has familiarity with site to site SSL VPN tunnels, port forwarding, and basic firewall configuration (SonicWall, Barracuda, etc.).
- Server: Basic management of FTP and web servers, and our Windows Server proprietary NOC.
- Telephony: familiarity with some form of enterprise VoIP phone system (Cisco, Avaya, Altigen, Toshiba, etc.)
- Desktop Support: is able to perform common desktop troubleshooting, Windows OS and Office applications, antivirus and software updates, and imaging/recovery utilities.
- Roadmap: be able to collaborate with the Director of Technology to architect and upgrade our legacy network in a fashion that balances economy with functionality and security.
- Cloud: is familiar with or has a desire to learn and support cloud initiatives, specifically Amazon AWS ec2.
- Third party Platform as a Service (PaaS): is familiar with or willing to learn and support hosted Exchange email (Rackspace), Huddle collaboration tools, SalesForce, and other PaaS web-administered tools.
- Customer: Is able to break out of the “internal facing” role of common IT departments, and take on exciting and challenging customer facing projects and initiatives.
- A 2 or 4 year degree in an associated discipline, or equivalent in experience and/or certifications.
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Any combination of the following industry certifications, or equivalent professional experience:
o CompTIA A+ Certified PC Technician
o CompTIA Network+ Network Engineer
o Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
Also Beneficial will be familiarity with:
o Security Certifications (Linux +, Security +)
o Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP)
o Free virtualization tools such as vmWare ESXi (vSphere not required)
- Starting salary 55K – 65K depending on qualifications and experience
- Participation in the company quarterly bonus pool
- 401K and profit sharing.
- Paid time off.
- Flexible work schedule, with an opportunity to telecommute a substantial portion of work schedule, after rebuild of legacy network is established and stabilized.
- Opportunity to work with innovative products as part of a forward thinking team.
- Opportunity to have creative input on a team with your career goals in mind.