STAUTZENBERGER COLLEGE Employee Reviews

instructing new students who want to have a career in the Veterinary medicine field
Veterinary Technician instructor (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OH 44141May 3, 2017
Class starts at 8:30 am.
Get to office 1/2 hour early to print copies of test/quizzes.
Review homework grid and gather all necessary homework, power points and items to be returned to students.
Start class on time
take attendance
start the lecture and ask during if there are any questions and help to answer them as best as I can.
Hand out homework, go over tests and review what we talked about that day in class.
I have learned different ways to incorporate material to make it more fun and interesting with games, pop quizzes, real world experiences and class discussions.
If there is a problem student I go to the department chair and she will them handle the situation if I am unable to resolve the issue.
The hardest part is teaching the students that really do not want to be there. It is something that I continue to work on and making their experience in school a good one so that they want to come to class.
Most enjoyable is when you see a student finally understand all the different things taught and you see that they are impressed with themselves for finally getting it. It make me feel like I have accomplished what I was intending to teach.
Pros
office hours allows for me to relax and get papers graded, also tutoring sessions
Cons
separation between administration and instructors
not bad place to work
Adjunct Clincal faculty (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 6, 2017
enjoy the students and faculty, flexibility. Do not like lack of insurance or full-time opportunities, also pay is low for type of work. Has been some management change over, but that is typical for this type of work. I personally have not had any problems.
Pros
People, flexibility
Cons
pay, not full-time opportunities
Teaching future Medical Assistant students
Adjunct Instructor in Medical Program (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds, some have Coding and Billing knowledge and some do not. We work together as a team to achieve their goals for the career they are pursuing.
I am excited to see the students graduate and accomplish a step on their ladder of success.

Wonderful staff and colleagues, help each other out when and if needed. Always look at the day with positive outcomes and successes.
Pros
Periodic free lunch, friendly faces, pizza days
Cons
benefits, job not consistent with the economy ups and downs
Freelance health and fitness writer (Former Employee) –  Maumee OhioAugust 14, 2016
I enjoyed teaching at the College. The work place was easy going yet productive and I loved teaching and watching these people grow from day to day in their chosen field of education.
Pros
Great place to teach
Cons
Not enough classes to teach
Not to bad
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Working at Stautzenberger is challenging due to its small size, and demands on staff. Students are great, and since it is so small, you get to know your co workers very well.
Pay
Instructor - Introduction to Psychology (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHNovember 28, 2015
Pay for masters level is absurd at $20 per hour. Was professional place to work and nice facility. Dedicated and professional staff and great quality of students.
Student with very low pay
Bookkeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJune 29, 2015
Good experience in administrative environment.
Professional college setting.
Learned how to balance student accounts and schedule students.
Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
Down side of being a work study there is no job security and was given work from other departments because they did not want to do it.
Very low pay and a ton of work was given.
Pros
Great office experience
Cons
Very low pay and no job security
Very vague workplace filled with office politics
Employee (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 17, 2015
A typical day of work consist of back stabbing co-workers & managers.. the overall work duties were easy and exciting... however, the environment is hostel and co-workers are rude and don't respect one another behind each other backs....Financial Aide is lazy with nasty attitudes, Managers are sleazy with interest of only keeping there positions....and the Admission reps are lost souls they hold there positions by the hair of there chinning chin chins the entire staff is nice only at the beginning of a enrollment to students & employees the 1st 30-60 days anything after is slaughter house unless your initiated by kissing butt in one of there little office clicks. This place is no where stress free & the benefits suck.....the should be called stautzenfonys
Pros
Networking with students & guest
Cons
The entire work staff
Poor company, not employee focus
College Administrator (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 8, 2014
Not a employee focus company, low morale and poor ethics. For profit college with poor management at all levels. Low number of minorities employees; however 32% of students are minorities. Career Service department reports false numbers for placement data.
Good faculty but the administration is flawed
Adjunct Instructor (former) (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 12, 2013
Worked for Stautzenberger at Maumee for several years. Teaching was fun and rewarding to do. Teaching colleagues and program directors were mostly supportive.

However, the administrators of the " school" always focused on the bottom line. One raise is nine years there of fifty cents. Anytime, Stautzenberger faced difficulties, the instructors were blamed. New leadership is ruling by culture of threats. I was told to exclusively teach from the textbook by the new leadership. Was asked to call and email absent students daily. New leadership fires freely and created atmosphere of tension. If you want to teach in NW Ohio avoid Stautzenberger until leadership is gone or school is sold.
Pros
Faculty, students
Cons
Any anything for a buck mentality
Great place to work to share information to others.
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OhioNovember 9, 2013
A typical day at work includes translating difficult anatomy and physiology concepts to massage therapy students and personal fitness trainer students.
I learned there are many ways of teaching students with many different ways of explaining material.
Management is basically non-existent. I was very autonomous.
Co-workers are fantastic, supportive, and enjoyable.
The most difficult part of the job was all the non-paid preparation to teach classes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students conceptualized the difficult material.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Part-time work included zero benefits.
Great Way In
General Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHDecember 26, 2012
I enjoy teaching a great group of young people who are chooosing to take an alternative route as a means to contribute to society.
I learned many things about student loans and financial aid which was very beneficial to myself and my family.l
Financial Aid Administrator (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 2, 2012
Meeting with students either renewing their financial aid or completing financial aid for a new student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STAUTZENBERGER COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3