Staybridge Suites Employee Reviews

Overall is a good establishment. Just has a few minor aspects to work on if they want to continue being a good business.
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Work can be very smooth or very fast-paced all depending on the day & amount of business we have at the hotel during a given period of time. I've learned that in order for a business to be successful, team work and customer service is very important. You must have satisfied customers in order to have a successful business. Management was very organized for the most part. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the inconsistency in work hours. Some weeks you may be very business, working about 6 days out of the week while other weeks you may not work at all. I live the environment at Staybridge suites.
Pros
Free Lunches, Annual raises, Christmas bonus, etc..
Cons
Inconsistent hours
the people {guests} I came across were beautiful spirits of free and hapiness, The Management lacks integrity and only thinks about themselves.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day with me at work is preparing and organizing. When working with people you must be well rounded and respect ever culture and treat everyone with the upmost respect. Unhappy hard to satisfy customer can get a little challenging but I am very sawy can get out of any situation. I thrive off people making people happy feeling at home, being their motivator for whatever reason.
Pros
you meet good people
Cons
lot of hidden racial issues with management.
A glowing environment
Bistro Supervisor and Chef (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2016
An early start with a great attitude for our guests. Preparing the breakfast bar and bistro area to the highest standards for our guests. Everyone works as a team and management cares about their employers very much. Very accessible and understanding. The hours go fast and seeing the smiles on satisfied guests is priceless.
Pros
Birthday celebrations and meetings with food and rewards for great work
Cons
Early hours and long wait for a raise
Probably okay if you're a student.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 12, 2016
The work itself isn't exactly taxing on the employee, you more or less spend the majority of your time doing nothing and it gets boring quite easily. The management hardly ever listens or pays attention to employee needs (I was working here for 3 months before I got a name tag which I asked about every other day). The work isn't hard but the pay is pretty bad, $8.25 an hour (and they advertise benefits but you have to essentially forfeit your entire paycheck to get sub par coverage) and they don't pay a shift differential for working nights.
Pros
easy work
Cons
bad pay, bad and expensive insurance, the management is nearly non exsistant
Great work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 15, 2017
Loved working at Staybridge, got along with everyone and enjoyed meeting new guest all the time. Management would make sure every day was a fun day, enjoyed being able to build relationship with all coworkers and extended stay guest.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
no benefits, pay
Brand New Hotel
Guest Services/Front Desk Associate/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 7, 2017
Staybridge is a wonderful hotel. I love it. Wonderful people. Room to grow for a beginner. There are no management positions available. Beautiful place to start a hotel career.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No room for advancement
Racist and bad team work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 8, 2017
This hotel only wants to hire Mexicans with fake papers or people that not from U.S because they don't got to offer benefits or raise pay.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no benefits
Home Away From Home
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 23, 2016
I worked there for over a year and I never once got a scheduled lunch break for an eight hour shift. When I worked at night on the audit from 11pm to 7am I was there by myself but I wasn't suppose to leave the front desk. Also, most employees were never punished for no calling/no show. Management needs help because they really favor people. My co workers were all good hearted people but some of them didn't know when to stop talking. It was a nice experience for me and I loved working there but not forever. The hardest part of the job was working the night audit on the weekends and having a 115 room hotel full of drunk people. I did love the different types of people I was able to meet and the free hotel rooms and discounts.
Pros
free food after the guests were done, rooms discounted
Cons
no breaks on an 8 hour shift, no health insurance
Brand new hotel
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 9, 2017
I opened this hotel and the work was hard and very long days were had, but the pride in the end result was very satisfying. I really enjoyed my job, however the work and wonderful inspections my department received never seemed to be good enough for this "new/inexperienced" hotel manager.
Pros
reduced stays if travel
Cons
No acknowledgement of any kind for a very hard days work for my staff from upper management.
Rewarding and productive
Shuttle Operator (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAMarch 15, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoy the day to operations there @ the hotel, picking up corporate and hotel guest and also assisting with the pick ups of the food supplies for the the hotel. Management is very good and each day gives me satisfaction when it comes to helping out around the hotel, I find the job to be rewarding.
Pros
excellent place to work at
Cons
$$ more needed
This is a good starter job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 4, 2017
This is a good job to start, but no opportunities for advancement. This job is for someone that don't want to advance in their career and move up in the leadership.
Pros
None.
Cons
None.
if you need the money
Housekeeping, Maintenance - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 6, 2017
would only work here if you need the money, it's alot of work as far as the rooms go, some guests are nice, some demanding, he management is okay, would recommend this job as part time instead of full time.
Pros
no customers
Cons
alot of work
Busy Workplace
Housekeeper / Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day as a housekeeper is to clean rooms and other facilities at the hotel and clean the linens. The job was often fast-paced and involved mainly independent work. Other members of the staff were generally friendly.
Pros
clean enviroment, busy
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, low pay
Great Place to work
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 15, 2017
Great place to work laid back setting. Excellent staff. Management will nice and willing to help employees learn. Everyone works as a team
kitchen staff, kept kitchen area clean
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 14, 2016
Very busy on weekends, not so much during the week. Kept the work area and public area very presentable. The management was reasonable but it wasn't to my liking. The hardest part was to determine how much food was enough for the guest, the easiest was keeping the areas clean.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
staff
Great Job for College Students
Junior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2017
Management were very accommodating to my class schedule. Nice hotel with great guests. Most employees went to the University of South Carolina with Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management Degrees.
staybridge
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 29, 2017
this job is pretty easy but not so wonderful managment.friendly staff and cool enviorment. management is just careless and difficult to contact.they are never in office.
fun place
Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 19, 2016
it was great to meet new people and get creative with what i can make for them , cocktails or food , we had the freedom to order food from fresh direct and provide our guests with a nice small selection of fresh goods .
Pros
energetic great people
Cons
new management .
Houseman
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Covington laOctober 22, 2016
Worst job ever would not recommend anyone I no to work for the Staybridge in Covington La
Mangenment was awful she gossips about her employees to other employees she hides in her office rather than help with complaints housekeeping supervisor sits in the back all day with the manager rarely does he get up to help the housekeeping staff or to check on them some days you walk into trash overflowing in most all the garbage cans and the supervisor could have been there for hours without even trying to take care of the piling up garbage.dinner social staff is very unsainitary would not recommend to eat the food.
Pros
Nice guest
Cons
Dirty, unsanitary, poor manager and housekeeping supervisor
Management was not fun to work for or with
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 7, 2016
Staybridge Suites not a great place to work. Lot of gossip mostly coming from management. Speaking negative about other employees in front of other employees. Treating those they did not care for unfairly and cutting their hours. Giving them worst schedules. Management lacked professionalism big time. Guest always complaining to get free stays and Management would fall into the trap. Overbooking of rooms it was just a HOT mess. Never seen anything like it.
Cons
unable to take lunch, Could not leave front desk, not enough people on front desk to cover lunch or breaks, 30 mins taken out of your pay for lunch you never took.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staybridge Suites. Our community is ready to answer.