StayWell Health Management Employee Reviews in United States

Its a job
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 8, 2016
The Enrollment department is a revolving door for new hires, and most employees leave within a few months. The department is very flexible and understanding however management could be better and there is little to no room for advancement.
Mediocre
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 5, 2016
It could be better. Compensation not a reflection of performance. people are friendly. Good stepping-stone job. Management is understanding.
Interesting but very isolating working from home.
Clinical Nurse Counsultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at work is calling scheduled participants to teach them about their diabetes, COPD, asthma, heart failure, etc. There are a few hours per day on a predictive dialer system where we receive calls of people who have answered when dialed by the PDS system. We communicate with colleagues through instant messaging. Meetings are conducted by phone sometimes utilizing Ready Talk system. Classes are also conducted in this manner. We use Motivational Interviewing techniques when speaking with participants in the program. We deal with emergent situations via instant messaging and phone. The most difficult part of the job is when we speak with participants who don't really want to be in the program but feel they are forced to participate by employers who offer incentives to lower insurance premiums for participation. The most enjoyable part of the job is when people are motivated to learn and when we are able to make a real difference for them.
Pros
Working from home, participants who want to learn.
Cons
Working from home because it can also be isolating.
Productive, fun and growth-fostering company with great benefits!
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 14, 2015
Supportive and fun workplace with great opportunities for professional satisfaction and growth.
Learned and certified in wellness best practices. Trained for biometric screening, health education and program design.
Important opportunities exist to collaborate with and learn from employer and colleagues while serving needs of client(s).
Terrific work schedule and benefits.Work -life balance is encouraged and respected. A terrific company to work for!
Pros
Professional growth and development with a supportive and caring company; great benefits.
Cons
Opportunities for advancement can depend on client need/position availability.
Call center. Informational Employees
Helpline Call Representative/ Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 18, 2015
Very great place. Average 100 calls per day. Speak with many participants that are in wellness programs with various companies throughout the country. Hardest part of the job is being at the desk for long periods of time when its slow. The employees are very positive and fun people. Willing to help if you have a problem.
Pros
growth in company
Cons
contract to hire, short breaks
****
QA Manager / Consultant (Current Employee) –  ST. PaulJuly 6, 2014
  Built and Managed the Testing and QA team responsible for testing all the software development and reporting initiatives for external and internal clients
 Designed, implemented and managed waterfall and agile testing processes, including defect and test management.
 Improved the software development life cycle by implementing testing tools, training team members to utilize the tools and ensuring the effectiveness of the tools. Tools implemented included HP Quality Center, Web Performance Test and TFS2010 for performing manual, automated and performance testing
 Utilized Integrated testing strategies to ensure timely deployment and delivery of software to client and production support teams
 Created and maintained all the testing artifacts including Test plan, Test Cases, Test Data, and Defect/Bug Reports for internal and external client audits. Testing included Functional, Regression, Load, Stress, Usability, Compatibility, System, Integration and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
 Worked with Project Managers in developing project schedules, accurate estimation of User Story testing tasks and resource allocation
 Analyzed business requirements, technical requirements and functional specifications to ensure that the end user needs are well understood
 Conducted Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with DBAs, Data Analysts, Technical architects and developers to gather technical and non-technical information for successful delivery of the product
 Defined and created the end-to-end testing scenarios for Web, Mobile, Reporting (SQLServer and COGNOS), Data Warehouse,
  more... API, .net. C#, and Batch applications
 Created, maintained and modified Load test suite (scripts) for all the web based applications
 Extensive Database testing creating complex SQL queries and Stored Procedures for Oracle and SQLServer databases
 Acted as a scrum master to facilitate Scrums for StayWell Portal release and implemented TFS processes
 Actively participated in Quarterly IT Initiatives and Budgeting
Telephonic based health coaching for employee wellness programs
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 25, 2014
StayWell Health management is an innovative employer operating as a vendor for add ons to employee benefit packages. The rapport and relationships developed between coaches and participants offered a unique opportunity to touch and influence positive lifestyle behavior change for individuals
Pros
proactive health based focus
Cons
call center environment high volume of calls kept to 15 minutes sessions with short breaks
The Life of A Wellness Program Manager
Onsite Wellness Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIDecember 9, 2013
My daily activities vary from day to day because of the various onsite wellness program activities. I lead the day-to-day operations at a Fortune 100 company. Activities my include facilitiating workshops or special guests on different health related topics to include but not limited to: Stress management, diabetes, weight management, nutrition, strength training, etc. I work with local members of community and vendors to bring innovative lunch n learns to the company. I am also responsible for large-scale events throughout the year, annual health fairs, screenings (e.g. biometric, skin cancer and diabetes), flu shot clinics just to name a few. The hardest part of the job is the attention to detail, a strong skill you must possess on the job and I continue to value the importance of attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and relationship building.
terrible customer service
customer service (Former Employee) –  st paul, mnJanuary 29, 2013
Called customer service for help. Agent was unhelpful and very rude. Decided not to use their services!
Strong Health Management Research Team
Senior Account Executive, Health and Wellness (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 27, 2012
Research team has longevity and credibility in the industry.
Structured, productive, fun workplace with excellent opportunities for continuing education, advancement.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills-Chrysler AccountJanuary 13, 2012
Working for StayWell Health Management was a terrific experience. I felt supported by my Manager, I had opportunties to learn new things every day, and I knew if I wanted to advance my carreer, the opportunities were there. I left StayWell under difficult life circumstances, and would work to keep my job with them today at all cost if I had the choice again. They are a terrific health promotion company that supports and grows their employees.
Pros
continuing education, competetive salary, flexible work schedule, environment.
Cons
lack of interraction with hq staff

StayWell Health Management Reviews by Location