Steadfast Companies Employee Reviews

Awesome
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 24, 2017
Great team to work with , good hours , good pay , flexible and very body pitches in to help around with what needs done. Manager and staff very respectful and professional
okay
Top Leasing Assistant Manager / Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2017
company is based out of california, not easy to get questions answered, no training program, no advancement, no open door policy, hard to feel like anyone cares or listens
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management
I am at Meritage at Steiner Ranch
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
I am senior leasing consultant and have been here since Steadfast Companies bought property in 2013. It definitely has it challenges, its a huge property.
Pros
sits in Steiner Ranch housing district
Cons
30 min from downtown Austin
Official response from Steadfast Companies
June 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to describe your experience working at Steadfast. We truly value the hard work of all of our associates and we are so glad to hear you continued with Steadfast upon the property's acquisition in 2013. We would love to speak with you in regards to the challenges you have had so we can identify and address any areas that may need improvement. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you continue with Steadfast for years to come.

Busy and rewarding environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 6, 2017
I loved working for Steadfast! They bought out the property I was working at and kept me at that property. They even allowed me to be full time by placing me at 2 properties.
Pros
Amazing regional management
Cons
Not thinking advancement through
You will Love It
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 17, 2017
Great company, they would always make you feel welcomed. I enjoyed working for this company. Management and upper management would always take their time to listen to you. Overall great place to work.
Not very productive
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 1, 2017
I worked there for only 2 months. This company does NOT provide training. I stayed 2 hours on my own time to try to catch up with all the work. Because in this company you are on your own. They expect too much and have no-one to answer if you have questions or if you are stuck.They one you stop what ever you are doing.and answer them Right away even when you are trying to post money on a 600 unit property.
I would NEVER work for them again.
Great company to work for ,managment not the brightest
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Lex kyJanuary 22, 2017
Decent place to work ,assuming there is a diverse management, all and all good place to work but budgeting is never clear and its kept secret until they hand it to you ,not allowing your input
Pros
Good pay, good bonuses, ample traini g
Cons
No breaks, hard to work with the upper managment
Company is okay but some managers in accounting are not at all cooperative.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 26, 2016
this company has a lot of deadlines thru out the month not only the due dates but different times thru out the day. so, there is no time to breath.
besides, they have extra other clubs you have to be member on minimum three of those and those clubs have the homework too.

The CEO and high level Executives appreciate the employees hard work and they take time to mix around with the staff and get to know them on one on one basis.

if you lucked out to have a good boss you can survive or else...!
Pros
got to learn lot of good working methods increased my knowledge.
Cons
everyday hard deadlines and keep up with other clubs kills you. no balance of life and work.
Positive Company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2016
I have been here for a year and love it. My supervisor is helpful and positive. The company is extremely organized and supportive.
Pros
Supportive company, resident training, resident portal, pay and bonus structure, great medical
Cons
IT does not come out, they walk you through it on the phone.
A bad place to work. Advance opportunities not there
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2016
No supplies, no support, no overtime take "comp" time. Poor Managers. Motivation is to just fill the empty units. Not team based environment. Unorganized
Pros
Check never bounced
Cons
Greedy. Non supportive

Want to know more about Steadfast Companies?

Ask a question
Not a good job at all
Porter (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 29, 2016
If your considering this job , well don't. Just worked there for a little while and the work is all trash work and nothing else , management sucks and doesn't help with what u need to do the work better , they fired me for taking days off being sick ! Horrible company horrible management , current manager sucks and doesn't help at all and will sleep with anyone prerty sad
Pros
No pros
Cons
Management and manger
Steadfast provides great opportunities for all of their employees!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 7, 2016
Steadfast was the best decision I could have made in my pursuit of professional and personal success!

There is a real sense of community within this company because they are truly committed to fostering a Family Culture. Whether it's by organizing a company-wide 5K run or arranging volunteering events with local charities, there are always events taking place for the opportunity to build relationships with both management and co-workers alike. The most memorable of these experiences was having lunch with the founder of Steadfast himself, he was lovely enough to have done a little research of my interests and we had a great chat!

Also I love the energetic and innovative environment that bleeds throughout the walls here! Management seeks the opinions and input of all their employees. In the form of emails, polls, and annual meetings there are numerous opportunities to voice an idea or give feedback. Not to mention, we have an open-door policy here, which is great! I have never experienced any hesitation to reach out to a regional or upper-management for this reason.

Steadfast also recognizes its super-stars via our social media outlets, the company blog, and employee appreciation events. It's a great feeling to be valued and appreciated for your hard work. And in hearing of other success stories within the company, I feel so inspired and empowered to continue to contribute to Steadfast's success!
Best company I have ever worked for!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2016
Steadfast is truly an amazing company. From day 1, I was treated with the utmost respect and kindness from both my peers and supervisors. One of the biggest things I admire from my boss is her TRUE value of work/life balance. Steadfast values that you have a life outside of work and they even ENCOURAGE it! Not only does my boss preach that, but she practices it. I don't receive emails all hours of the night or have dozens of new items to address each morning.
Steadfast is admirable in the fact that they give back to the community, which is one of their core values, "Do Good As We Do Well". I already been involved in 2 charity events organized by Steadfast.
Also, I met the Founder & CEO of Steadfast, and he was so kind to me. That really goes a long way for me! Having such great leadership makes you want to work harder.
Pros
Flexibility, great leadership, great co-workers
Cons
Literally none
awesome company
community manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNMay 4, 2016
Steadfast is a great company. Middle management in TN region micro managed so much that your property could not be successful. They hire you with great talent and put you with a inexperience RM. Again I loved the company and hated to leave but the stress and the non appreciation I was done. I work for a company that is amazing.... They appreciate the employees and they have very experience RM they appreciate YOU!

Good luck TN with your RM.
benefits
Cons
micro managed RM
great company to work for
Assistant Manager- On-Site (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Many reviews and if the reviews were good, we received an increase, many parties and training's for the employees. This Company really cares about the staff and the residents.
Pros
good pay
Cons
healthcare
great people, poor HR and rigid structure
Contract Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Poor HR department, hazardous conservative HR policies.
Great people, room for advancement
pay is decent, benefit is decent.
great culture and objective but not sure how many managers lived up to it
I learned too much in this company
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2015
is good company, they have good benefit, the apartment complex no too old and the people is good and Managers good person
Unrealistic Goals that require additional hours (55-60) to complete given task.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasOctober 7, 2015
The company needs to considerate the work flow and make things smoother for all employees. Everyone on the team should be valued no matter the position held as without everyone no one is going to be successful within the company.
Pros
Healthcare, Pto
Cons
Being on a salary they expect you to work 50-60 hour work week
Great company, good corporate support.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 5, 2015
Always looking to better the overall operation of their properties and experience of their residents, this company is going places! Regionals provide great on site support and corporate support is unlike anything I have experienced before. They are always willing to help. A growing company that likes to promote from within.
Pros
Great people and support
Work horses
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2015
Being a work horse isn't always a bad thing; however, when I'm attending two court dates for my sister and a funeral, I'd expect to be left alone. It's not like I was supposed to be working. It was a normal day off work. However, my manager and regional manager continuously called and texted my phone needing me to finish something for my benefits that wasn't due for another 2 weeks. Once I got home, I did what they asked and turns out it was all so my regional was in a personal contest with other regional's and wanted to see whose region could finish quickest. Made me so mad. When I explained to my regional where I had been, she said, "Oh I'm so sorry. Are you able to do this real quick then?"
They don't understand the balance of work and life, and it wasn't just her either. The pay is very low; at least if you're a leasing consultant. I was given a stipulation after asking many times for a raise to get a great score on my next secret shop and They would discuss a raise with me. I received a 98%. I emailed about the raise following my shop scores and I still haven't heard back. It's been a month. In order to keep more money, they took aware our cleaners to clean our hallways and told us we were now responsible for this. I don't even make enough to live where I work WITH the discount on rental housing. I do however, make JUST enough that I can receive no government funding. They are good at advancing employees however, I would not want to be another one of there greedy, manipulative manager, asst. manager, regional, property inspector...etc...They are also good at tending to
  more... technical problems and such though.
I see life as short and sweet-not always sweet but, sweet. Greedy companies like Steadfast make an enjoyable life separate from work impossible. My niece only has me and my dad left on her mother's side of the family. I only asked for a few Saturday's off to keep a promise I made to her to be in her life as much as possible. This is always a fight and I get horrible remarks when I ask for ONE Saturday off to go spend time with her. I will be leaving and I appreciate the opportunity they had given me and I learned a lot. However, it's time to go where I'm appreciated.
Pros
Tech support great, lunch breaks long, basically free cable and internet, direct deposit, no uniform.
Cons
greedy, greedy, greedy, manipulative, disrespectful, low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steadfast Companies. Our community is ready to answer.