Basic Job Description:
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), an Implementation Engineer will participate in the planning, engineering, and maintenance of customer-specified deployments. This requires involvement in the pre-sales process to identify the requirements to be satisfied and oversight or direct action to deliver a working solution for each customer within the specified timeline. Future upgrades or expansion planning may apply as the customer’s needs change.
The Engineer will document the solution thoroughly to ensure Systems Administrators and Data Center Technicians are able to participate in day to day maintenance and diagnostics.
Hours: 9AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday (or similar)
Location: 725 S Wells St, Chicago, IL
Benefits: Health Insurance (80% of personal premium paid), Dental Insurance (100% paid), Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance ($50,000 included), 401k (matching up to 4% of salary after 1 year), Paid vacation (starting after 6 months), Regular staff events (Food and drink provided for sporting events, gatherings, etc.), Great work environment
- Participate in pre-sales activities such as conferences, calls, meetings, and email discussion to identify the needs of the client and make recommendations for an optimal implementation plan.
- Produce a clear set of requirements for the project so that the sales department may price the solution and the provisioning team may allocate or order necessary equipment.
- Produce a complete implementation plan for all parts of the solution identifying which departments or employees are needed for tasks and how those tasks should be completed.
- Produce documentation that allows other staff members to understand the deployment and maintain and troubleshoot it.
- Act as a liaison between departments to ensure all tasks are understood and completed properly.
- Maintain open communication with the client throughout the planning and deployment process to ensure goals are being met.
- Participate in analysis of existing client solutions to plan upgrades.
- Deliver solutions within the specified timeline.
- Work with Systems Engineers and Network Engineers to identify and evaluate technology options required for new deployments
- Act as an escalation point of contact for major issues involving existing complex deployments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in or lead small teams to complete projects
- Experience with CentOS, Debian, and/or Windows Server
- Experience with Xen, KVM, and/or VMware
- Experience with web servers, database servers, hosting control panels and related server software
- git or another version control system
- Automation tools and shell scripting
- Computer networking in a data center, including VLANs, IP management and firewalls
- Storage solutions, related protocols (NFS, iSCSI), and filesystems
- Computer hardware
- Load balancing technologies
Steadfast is a Chicago based IT infrastructure provider that specializes in highly flexible cloud environments (public, private, and hybrid), dedicated servers, and colocation services out of our fully redundant data centers in Chicago and New York. We have been providing quality service since 1998 and pride ourselves in providing our customers with high quality, flexible, and exceptionally reliable services at a very reasonable price. While our services are geared towards small and medium businesses, Internet/network service providers, and the financial sector, we are able to accommodate customers of all sizes, from a highly flexible Cloud Hosting account to a complex multi-gigabit managed colocation configuration. The focus is to simplify your life by allowing us to handle your IT infrastructure issues and problems, allowing you to focus on your core business while making IT a true asset.
Indeed - 16 months ago