Steak-n-Shake

Steak-n-Shake Employer Reviews

Fun place to work but Management not so much
Supervisor (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: no one wants to work
Here you basically do everything. From getting the cash to grabbing the door to running your food and so forth. This has been my first job and I still love it, its just hard to find people willing to actually work.
decent job
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee), Morrow, GADecember 9, 2014
steak n shake is a 24 hour business. its busy throughout the day. the people are nice and its a decent job. you get your hours which is all that matters.
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good meal discounts
A typical night at Steak N Shake consisted of cooking, serving tables, run cash register, drive thru, nightly deposits, and cleaning.
hands down the best place to work, and there is always advancement opprotuniyies
service trainer (Former Employee), Anderson, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: excellent hours
Cons: snow in the parking lot
i worked for 2 stores one in lakeland fla and the other in Anderson In. the corporate office made you feel like family and gave all the staff the best training out there, our wages were great na if a person wanted to go up the ladder the opportunity was always there and management encouraged you to to always do better, their training program was great..im sorry to say i had to leave indiana for Arizona, and now in California, i wish we had a steak-n-shake here, i would work for them til i retired..im grateful for all the managers and staff who became my little family, and who i still talk to today..
upper management poor communication with employees,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIOctober 16, 2014
prefer not to comment
upper management poor communication skills
lots of changes in management more than staff
Work hours are available.
Dress Table Operator (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: the employees no matter what mostly got along.
Very busy. I learned patience. ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Work Ethics
Waitress (Former Employee), Morrow,GAJune 25, 2014
Being honest and respectful to the work environment such as customers, managers, co-workers.
Good Job
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 5, 2014
I worked for the company off and on for many years and over that time learned and was cross trained in every position within the restaurant except for management
Producvtive and fun drive thru experiance
Cook (Former Employee), Lithonia, GaApril 16, 2014
Pros: training abilities
Cons: changed managers a lot
-learned all positions
-ability to train new employees
-fast pace
Fun Place to work, A lot of great people
Server (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 6, 2014
Pros: great discounts, great people, fun environment
Cons: they make you wear a bow tie!!!!
I really liked working for Steak n Shake, I always had a lot of fun and the coworkers were great and helpful and Management was amazing! I only left because of a Family Emergency.
It was a fun place to work. Never a dull moment.
Server (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working there. The other employees and customers were awesome. Just some of the management at the time was not the best.
It was a productive and fun place to work. Got along with all the employees.
Waitress/Server (Former Employee), Danville, ILNovember 26, 2013
Pros: half price lunches
Cons: not much healthcare
My shift was the morning shift throughout lunch. It was a very fast paced job that kept me on my toes all the time, never a dull moment. I learned to be a kinder person for we worked with a lot of senior citizens. The management was very nice and understanding and the co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would of had to been that their wasn't a slow down period because of the hours I worked. The most enjoyable part of the job was that as soon as you looked up your shift would be over, hence to working so hard all day.
very productive work life
Fountain/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Normal, ILOctober 2, 2013
working at steak n shake is a very busy job. There is always something to be done at every position. everyone working need s to be doing something at all times. Doing things like making sure customers are happy to making everything is stoked up for a rush. Its a great place for people who like to stay busy.
it is just a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLSeptember 19, 2013
A typical day a work is rude customers whom will not tip and you can not say anything
fast food type of restuarant
Production Trainer (Former Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: learned managerial experience
Cons: stress of customers/staff.
basic burger and fry joint, but supposed to be a sit down restaurant vibe. staff was great with the exception of a few managers.
Steak-n-Shake
Waitress (Former Employee), Morton, ILSeptember 6, 2013
I sat people at their table. I took customers orders and then delivered them to the customers. Then I cleared and cleaned the tables.
something different everyday
Manager/R.T.S (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNAugust 29, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day at work, making sure that all customers are happy. I have learned that you can not please everyone. The management was great and the co workers was high school kids and that made it the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable was customers leaving happy full and ready to come back
Great Company
Service Leader (Former Employee), London, KYAugust 21, 2013
Pros: flexable scheddual, pay advancment, hours
Cons: invintory
You will love your co workers like family, and The customers see it. They truly care. Fazolis was one of the best company's I ever had the job to work for. Shift change availability, flexible schedules, PTO. Clean and safe Bushiness.
White trash
Supervisor/ Trainer (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: make a decent amount of money in tips.
Cons: dirty, trashy
This is a popular diner for white trash people due to the fact that the food is cheap. When I first started there the management team was fun and outgoing but in no time they all got moved or retired and the replacements where awful. Most of the employees they hire are adelfi kids or men fresh out of prison. Not really a good place to work if you don't want to get involved with drugs and other things. It's such a great place that even cooks get arrested right in front of customers, general managers sleep with their 18 year old employees, employees drink on the job. But you can meet really good friends there that last about a year.
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austell, GAAugust 4, 2013
After transferring to North Carolina from Georgia the pay went down with longer hours

1 2 3