You know HTTP is more than a transport for HTML: it's a complete application protocol designed to enable massively scalable interoperation. Can you convince your coworkers who want to add "GET /things/1/delete" to your API of that truth? Do your dreams hyperlink to each other? In TCP-window-sized chunks? This might be the job for you.
- Design, build and improve HTTP resources using data-oriented media types like JSON, XML, and CSV.
- Champion HTTP as the efficient application protocol it was designed to be.
- Work closely with architects and other engineers to make a rock-solid but evolvable product.
This position will have a large impact on our business. We are looking for someone to join our founding team who will invest in their own future with quality work at this critical first stage. Are you able to deliver in the short-term while enabling the future? If so, where you live is not a factor; we have lots of proven experience with distributed teams.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science or related academic field.
Knowledge and Experience (required)
- API design, both RESTful and non-.
- CherryPy, or equivalent dynamic-language HTTP framework. PHP, Django, and Rails don't count ( apologies to those who found this posting because those terms matched their search ).
- MongoDB and pymongo, or equivalent key-value store and its corresponding Python library.
- A strong foundation in testing.
Knowledge and Experience (bonus)
- Security and authentication.
- Collaboration and permissions systems.
- Versioning system internals.
Indeed - 2 years ago