Are you passionate about designing interfaces and websites, multi-team collaboration, working in a fast-paced technical environment and turning awesome ideas into realities? We may have a place for you.
Founded in 1990, McKissock is striving to become the country’s leading provider of professional education. McKissock offers coursework for initial certification and licensure as well as the coursework necessary to maintain licensure. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, McKissock also has operations in Warren, Pennsylvania and Ormond Beach, Florida. Our success is rooted in our ability to understand and satisfy the needs of our customers. McKissock employs 90 people and enjoys a very entrepreneurial culture.
McKissock is currently seeking an extraordinary WEB/UX DESIGNER to join our team. Things run a bit differently around here compared to what you might expect. We believe that you are awesome exactly the way you are and that it's our job to find how both you and the organization can prosper together in that light.
The Web/UX Designer, is a highly visible, dual role that is hands-on in developing McKissock’s customer facing products and maintaining the company’s websites. This position works closely with the product managers, business unit leads, and key stakeholders to deliver designs for a variety of projects.
The Web/UX Designer is responsible for producing user-centric design deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, user interactions, visual mockups, prototypes, and web pages.
They’re expected to clearly articulate their vision and design decisions to stakeholders and meet aggressive deadlines. This person must work as well individually as they do in a collaborative team and can juggle multiple projects.
This position will work with both engineering and marketing to be the communicative link in moving the product & website development process forward.
The position will report to the VP of Product.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in design, human factors or a complementary field.
- Provide a solid knowledge of UX best practices and implementation.
- Ability to analyze and effectively evaluate opportunities.
- Proven ability in effectively working with a cross-functional team .
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills .
- At least 6 years of experience with design and prototyping tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience developing and adhering to style guidelines
- Demonstrated track record in implementing web designs, layouts, logos and other graphics.
- At least 4 years of experience designing user interfaces for consumer websites and web-based applications.
- Strong understanding of cross-platform browser compatibility issues and image-optimization for the web.
- Candidate must submit a link to their online portfolio as part of their application.
- An eye for creating simple, easy-to-use interfaces for web sites with a rich and complex set of features.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-management skills and the ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- This position will require the designer to spend approximately the first six months in the Warren, PA office. After that time, the designer will have the flexibility to create a schedule to work at the office as well as remotely.