Stearns Lending Employee Reviews

work environment
Government insurer (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be to come in do my job to the fullest. I have learned alot more about the industry, more now than when I first started. To me I think the workers knew more than management. The hardest part about the job is everyone being on the same page. The most enjoyable is when everyone is helping one another out.
Pros
provides lunch, gift cards
Cons
no raises, or reviews
It was a productive and great place to work.
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day at work was to do the job that was expected of you. The work place was a relaxed atmosphere, my co-workers was nice people to work with. We worked as a team to get our jobs completed by the end of the day. Over all Stearns was a great place to work.
Company
Business Analysts (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 10, 2017
Compensation is not great, but employees are great people. There is not much room for growth due to the fact that they are constantly cutting staff and adding additional workload. It's a good place to gain experience because they are open to new ideas and adaptable.
okay place to work. Fun co workers
Loan set up/RESPA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Matiland, FLAugust 8, 2017
once in the company it VERY hard to advance within the company. there are some fun co workers at this company. I love the mortgage industry, I want to progress within the company but like I said it's extremely hard to move to other departments. You can work so hard and do everything they ask of you, but it's still just so hard to move up.
Worse Place EVER!!!!! Bunch of LIARS!!
Wholesale Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2017
They hired a group of remote Wholesale Underwriters in July of 2016 giving them all the impression that this was just the beginning of the awesome growth that the company would be doing.
By October of 2016 things were much different. With absolutely no warning they started laying off those same underwriters that they had just hired. Each month on the 15th they would lay off a couple more Underwriters until there was no one left to lay off. No one was ever given an explanation as to why.
great place to work
Site Services coordinator (Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 3, 2017
small enough to create a family atmosphere. big enough to pay well.
great co workers and management. VP willing to fight for his staff. Casual attire helped the attitude.
Pros
great mid level management
Cons
privately owned with not much advancement
Fun work environment limited growth
Site Services coordinator (Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2017
Fun work place. exciting environment. No upward path as management in the finance industry rarely moves. Stearns is privately owned and top jobs are rarely opened to non family and friends. Mid management has little control over employee growth and salaries.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 23, 2017
I had a great time at Stearns and would recommend them to anyone that is wanting to get in the business. The company even though large in size feels like a small family environment.
Pros
Leads
Cons
Long commute
Productive and positive people
Post Closing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 19, 2017
Life in my department was frenetic at times, receiving hundreds of loans per day. I juggled different projects depending on whether my department was slammed with loans, or whether other departments were desperate for assistance. From a management standpoint, I always had the impression my supervisor was looking out for me and my teammates, as he sought for ways to streamline our various processes. I appreciate the company's motto, of not asking IF [we] can help someone, but saying yes [we] absolutely CAN help someone. The more I internalized this way of thinking, the more I became a positive person, and the easier it became to find solutions.
Pros
Flexible work hours, managers willing to work with individuals on how they wanted to advance their career
Cons
Lack of employee reviews, lack of communication from the top executives
Fun place and productive
Sr. RESPA Auditor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 7, 2017
I preferred working at the Branch over the Corporate office. The job was very repetitive, but everyday you learned something new. I had a great manager at the Branch, that really cared for her employees. Reviewed TILA and GFE's and made sure they were within compliance. The hardest part of working at any Mortgage Company is the lay offs. The culture at the Branch was so much friendlier and relaxing than the corporate office.
Pros
Free lunches and great culture
Cons
Healthcare benefits
The worst job I have ever had
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 3, 2017
Do not ever work here. They are on a steady downhill slope and the work culture is beyond repairable. Heed my warning and go get a job anywhere else, I promise you it will be worth it.
Great Company Great Environment
QA Auditor/Forensics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa CAMarch 17, 2017
Over all great experience. Supports a healthy environment in which to grow and learn. Enjoyed working with all team members and management. Fully supported.
Sterns Lending
Producing Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 15, 2017
Wonderful company to work for, very impressive training, organization for email notices overwhelming. Daily email count averaged 130. Lack of support as a manager establishing brand new location.
Producitive and good place to work
Junior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 10, 2017
Nice to work. Very busy days. Management was supportive and co-workers were team players. Co-workers were eager to share things learned. You were not micromanaged as long as you completed your work.
Pros
Pot luck lunches with co-workers
Cons
Benefits could have been a little better
Wonderful co-workers and managment team
Sr. RESPA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 9, 2017
Wonderful co-workers and management team. Fast pace work environment with high daily goals to maintain. Technology efficient and easy to use. Training is priority of all employees including management.
I am wish not to
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 1, 2017
I do not wish to rate this company. I feel they are good to work for but unfortunately they have to follow corporate policies which is tough to make a review.
Job place
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoyed very much working at Stearns, I was hired to work in a branch location. The training I received was great from the processor at this site branch. The co-workers were very helpful as well it was a very enjoyable place to work at. We all worked as a team, this was very close small office. Unfortunately, the downside on this once the company got slow they did layoffs. Even still keeping your hopes as they said no more layoff, they continued do more and I was also laid off. Do miss the cokwrks, but not a secure company for stability.
Fun place
SR. Processor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 24, 2017
I don`t really like their management. everything is a hassle, yet you learn a lot, since they offer all types pf products.
Enjoyed working with great people!
Operations Support Assistant/VOE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 23, 2017
The best part about working for Stearns was meeting wonderful people. They had flexible hours and were very understanding when you needed time off. I would work for Stearns again if given the oportunity.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Memorable
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538February 22, 2017
My experience was memorable.

The company was very diverse in culture, and was a gem to work there for the time spent.

I had a wonderful manager, and the on-boarding was a blast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stearns Lending. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6