STEELCASE, INC

STEELCASE, INC Employer Reviews

Temporary Worker at Steelcase
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 22, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: not a permanent position
A typical day was 12 hours and my position was as a touchup sprayer in the Desk Plant paint department.
I was also called upon to give breaks during downtime on the line, and to assist booth-cleaners after production.
The hardest part of the job was booth-cleaning, which required removing filters, lining paper and striping and replacing latex on the – more... booth walls.
As a temp I had no job security, yet I did work there for 14 months and made friends with the regular employees – less
Beautiful contemporary workplace, great cafe
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2014
Pros: good parking, nice furniture
Cons: no room for advancement
Business casual atmosphere. Competitive culture. Great location. Supervisor and HR services are very good; co-workers mostly unpleasant.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 27, 2014
Pros: clean work place
Cons: closed due to down sizing
Great company to work for but with all there down sizing I was part of it.
Best place I've ever worked !! I regret leaving every single day !!
Material Planner (Former Employee), Athens, ALMarch 28, 2014
Pros: lunchroom on site
Cons: material manager slow to make decisions...
Working hours were great....I stayed busy all day long, which made the day fly by. Co-workers were fun.
I love working there and I learned a lot
Supervisor, Retrofit Team Leader (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Work off a schedule, maintain quality, shipping, product,paint-line I had to manage 3 different areas;

Responsible for scheduling and orientation of new faculty, maintain and advocate corporate core values
Able to facilitate individual duties while encouraging teamwork concepts, and provide departmental support
Assists in implementation or projects, – more... goals, and assist in evaluation and recommendation of staff issues
Doing team monthly reviews and daily T&A (Time and Attendance)

What I learned/treat people with respect they will work hard for you
Management/great with a little of the (good oh boys)
Co-workers/ helpful and learned a lot from
The hardest part of the job/ N/A
The most enjoyable part of the job/ each day were different

The Overall rating is 5 stars, and for some reason it's not letting me put 5 stars – less
Excellent place to work.
Sr. Project Manager, E-Business (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 28, 2013
Plenty of opportunity to excel at Steelcase. Management team is solid and assists you in mapping out and meeting career goals.
Engineer (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Great company.
Challenging, creative and interesting workplace environment
Web Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 27, 2013
Pros: challenging, creative and interesting workplace, a chance to grow and learn and make a good living.
Cons: changing buisiness environment, business is slow, groth is not what it was.
A great place to work. Presents individual personal challenges to grow and learn. The rest is up to you. I spent 23 plus yrs. there going from basic manufacturing into IT, learning a whole new way of business process and understanding the challenges and changes from basic floor operations to management.
Challaging, fast-paced workplace-daily opportunities to excel existed daily
Materials Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 9, 2013
Pros: sustainability, hard work, developing meaningful relationships
Cons: dealing with the ramifications of managing a plant closure.
As a Materials Supervisor, daily I monitored my employees in their duties of servicing, stocking, and maintaining inventory items for the production teams. We practices Lean Management Systems. During my 30 year career, I learned how to work with other departments interdependantly, whlie taking care of my departments needs, observing/maintain company – more... goals, and working toward being a change agent within my company. i had developed a very strong relationship with my co-workers and have always felt as a negotiater of all and any situations that might come up, whether conflict resolution or inventory resolution. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a positive attitude while working through a plant closure, which meant making sure my employees accomplished daily, weekely goals, and keeping their morale at its top level to hold and continue a win-win situation at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting daily/weekly goals and knowing that my superiors and co-workers could always depend on me and my teams to deliver the best workplace solutions . – less
Employees got along great!!! No jeolousy.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Athens, AL.March 8, 2013
Pros: exellent cafeteria and employee treatment.
Cons: long drive from where i lived.
Just plain fun! Everybody making good money. Work getting done. Nice management. Not a hard job at all. Most enjoyable part of the day, lunch break. Too many comedians!!!
100 year old company
Product Inventory Control Production Analyst (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 17, 2013
Manufacture office furniture.
Very good co-workers.
I think they use a lot of "temps" now
Great co workers, learned a lot, and enjoyed my time there.
Database specialist, helped (Former Employee), Fletcher, NCDecember 15, 2012
Great co workers, learned a lot, and enjoyed my time there. I went from working on the floor as a utility person to a dispatcher, to a database specialist. This job helped me grow up to be a professional employee.
Data Center Operations Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 20, 2012
Steelcae Inc. is rated one of the best places to work for,and I agree. I worked there for over 21 years,and enjoyed every minute of it.Unfortunately due to the bad economy the west coast division was relocated back to Michigan,and parts to Mexico.
Extremely family oriented - Flex time is awesome
Quality Rep. (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 31, 2011
All departments are excellent to work for, it simply depends on the manager you're assigned too. They can either make your 'work life' miserable, or a pure joy to get up each morning and go to work. Overall, Steelcase, is one of the best companies to work for in the U.S. But like many companies in Michigan, they have been consistenly downsizing since – more... 2001. With that said, no job at Steelcase or in the state of Michigan is secure. It was the best place I have ever worked in my career. – less

About STEELCASE, INC

Steelcase Inc. (Steelcase) is a designer, marketer and manufacturer of office furniture. The Company sells its products through – Read more