Steelcase Employee Reviews

Great environment & culture.
Floater (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 20, 2017
I have been with Steelcase for almost a year an a half. I can say hands down best employer ive ever worked for. not only do they provide work but, allow you to expend your skill set and reach out for more. five stars any day.
Pros
free lunches, Great benefits, etc
Cons
not really any if your open minded to what they offer.
Good work environment
Break Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MI 49512April 20, 2017
During my time at Steelcase, I learned a lot about office furniture manufacturing. I worked on CNC Machines and break press operation. it was a great work enviorment and I worked with awesome co-workers.
Pros
learning how to operate machinery, good work environment
Cons
short breaks, timely machine repairment
Could be better
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 18, 2017
Management can be a pain. Hours okay, pay could be better. Be expected to put up with a lot of bull, that has nothing to do with the job you do. Co-workers are pretty nice though.
Pros
Co-workers, full-time
Cons
pay, management
Not a good workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 3, 2017
The job is very demanding physically and you work very hard for little pay. The breaks are short and the hours are not enough. You barely get 40 hours a week.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
good benifits and wages
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2017
I first started Steelcase was like a big family. It was a great place to work. I ran production in the factory and it was piece work so you learned how smart with your time.
Pros
Benifits and wages
Cons
They began to take more away from the employees. It was like no one cared anymore
Nice place to work with good pay and benefits
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 2, 2017
Filling orders and running completed parts to the appropriate areas. I learned LEAN Manufacturing and JUST in time Manufacturing. The hardest part of this job were the hours because it was a hybrid shift and I did not see much of my family. I liked interacting with the different departments.
Pros
The pay
Cons
work life balance
Productive and fun place to work
Powder coating / sprayer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 22, 2017
They really cared about the employees and showed compassion when you needed personal time they were a comfortable place to work for learned powder coating skills and the team worked really well together
Pros
good place to work
Cons
when the production slowed down
Great Place to Work
Senior Software Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 16, 2017
The company and people are great.
The company culture is great too.
The working environment is the best. The company is very much into an ergonomic work space.
Productive and safe environment to work in
Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed working here, wasn't a difficult job to obtain and I enjoyed working with my co-workers they were all respectful and easy to work and communicate with.
Not a happy environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 6, 2017
As a sophomore in college I did not like working at Steel Case the only perk was the pay. Co-workers were never in a good mood the whole environment of the place was gloomy. I do not think I saw anyone smile while I worked there for the summer. It taught me that I should get a degree and make sure I never work in a factory again.
Good Company
Set up lead man (Former Employee) –  Dutton, MIMarch 1, 2017
Steelcase was a great company to work for and I left to start my own business. Without the opportunities that Steelcase afforded me I would not have had this chance.
Pros
Compensation and advancement
Strong lean environment
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 25, 2017
Work place culture, lean manufacturing.
Hardest part was getting people to change.
Learned about change management and how lean impacts the job and the culture of the organzation
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Public company changed its culture
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALFebruary 23, 2017
Loading trucks from front to back by hand. Lots of material go on the inside of the box trailers. Gathering the proper tags to be giving to the shipping lead
They do not seem to care about their employees anymore!
DISTRIBUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 20, 2017
Steelcase Inc. is a very different company since they went public in 1998. It seems the company is more about the $$$$$$ than keeping loyal employees. They have taken away everything that kept the employees loyal and happy.
great benefits and pay
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIFebruary 18, 2017
this job helped me to realize that IT is my chosen field. i am currently on the black line, hoping to advance into the IT department
productive fast paced
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALFebruary 9, 2017
I was a press operator and laser operator for 5 years. Left due to family emergency. Was a fun and great place to work. everyone worked as a team which made it a fun place to work.
Steelcase was an excellent Employer
Operations Superintendent and Communications (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2017
A grand institution in the glory days of Office Furniture - Steelcase provided and enjoyed an excellent team environment, great pay and benefits, value-adding work and provisions literally to the world of work. It was a great experience working my way up from Production to Quality Assurance and Management, Communication, World Class Performance and eventually VP level.
great place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJanuary 31, 2017
this was the best place i ever worked who ever know makeing office equipment could be so fun . yes times could get crazy but that when your time comes together to over come the problems .
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 31, 2017
The typical day is what you would expect in a factory, come in to start your shift and leave when it is over. The overall job was not difficult and the people were fun to be around. Management, for the most part, was pretty good and easy to get along with which is always nice.
Productive and fun workplace with still case
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working there I just could not drive the hours everyday using up all the gas good people good supervisors everybody that works there was polite and willing to help when it was needed manufacturing line work was the main thing we done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steelcase. Our community is ready to answer.