Steelcase Employer Reviews

Worst place I ever worked
Loader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: don't have anything good to say about this place
Don't train you properly and white manager walk around the warehouse like slave owner, complaining all the time about working at fast pace, this place is horrible place to work.
n/a
Setup Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ALFebruary 17, 2015
Responsible for tasks involved in the production of office furniture products. Set-up basic
lines as needed and pulled jobs down line to start the process of a successful set-up.
Inspected parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, completed
quality checks and production paperwork in a timely manner. Promoted and maintained
a culture and attitude of continuous improvement. Worked within the company team to
make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
Great compy to work for.
CDL A DRIVER (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Managers made work fun and employees feel appreciated. Unfortunately, moved from Atlanta area.
Interesting Secondary Research- Great Place!
Design Research Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
I was tasked with researching how properties of nature might be beneficial int he workplace. Mostly through secondary research, with some observations as well, I on a team of 3 created a framework with associated design principles. I enjoyed finding learnings from academics who live and breath the subject though was also challenged to make insights based off of the technical approach.
If you have a fresh perspective don't apply
Director of Product Development and Launch (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay, great workplace
Cons: stab you in the back at the first chance they get
This company has no tolerance for an outsiders perspective. The company is run almost entirely by people have never had a job at another company before or if they did it was 30 years ago.
Great Workplace
Product Data Analyst (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 25, 2014
Steelcase is great place to work. Everyone I have worked with has been very helpful when needed. I've learned a lot about business process, from raw steel to the finished product. My typical day at work includes working with the design team to help complete orders. I would receive a delta bill form a designer and check the structure of the material needed. If new parts were needed I would create them following the manufacturing engineers build information. Once parts were built I would load them into the bill of material in SAP. After checking to make sure all the correct parts and passing though with the correct finishes I would send the order out to be scheduled. Other duties included creating purchased parts and researching and fixing data issues that disturbed the plant.
A typical day
Hilo Driver (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: health care
I learn many new things at Steelcase. Pretty soon there supervisor knew that when I got on my hilo the areas would be all taken care of with little or no direction. I knew exactly what to do, on a day to day basis. My management team was wonderful. The co workers were always there with a willing hand in case I needed some help. I guess the hardest part of the day would be when a hilo driver wouldn't show up and we had to cover for him/her. The most enjoyable part of the job would be leaving for home, knowing full well I left the areas fully stocked so the upcoming shift would have an easy transition to their start of the shift.
productive and fun the people are nice and everyone works together
Loader and Unloader (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: pack my own lunch
Cons: regular break length 20 mins
nice place to work vending machines in the break area a typical day at work you just might not know when you are going home. The most enjoyable part of the job is scanning the product and placing them in the right area.
extremely hot and very unproductive at times
2nd Shift Floor Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 9, 2014
it was not always the best place to work and after becoming permanent, things did not even become any better
Wonderful Opportunity
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
This was a competition that we entered without many expectations. We knew that we had a strong team but we did not expect to finish number one out of all of the teams. This was a great chance to meet with executive level leaders and work on presentation skills.
Work hard and fast no time for family because they will not let you leave
Trimmer (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIJune 28, 2014
Cons: could not get time off for doctors visits or appointments and would work past 6 in the evening.
Come in to work and put office furniture together. Got two to three breaks depending on hours. Had a non paid lunch and a normal 8 hour day was with two more braks if we worked more than 10 we got another break. Was told at the last minute that it was time to go. Never knew when the day would end. Management sucked because of the fact that they would not work with people because they did not want to get anybody else to do the job. They did not make people do things or help out. The work was not bad but the speed and the heat was horrible and there was only one shift so work had to go out no matter what. The people that worked there was the only enjoyable part.
Senior Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 16, 2014
Pros: most of the team of people i worked with
Cons: without a degree i could not move up any farther than where i was at with the company
My job allowed me to work with several levels of workers both inside and outside Steelcase. the work was good and fellow workers were a delight to work with
Productive and fun workplace
Inspecter/machine operater (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 22, 2014
Pros: luncheon
Cons: healthcare
good day at work for me is to stay busy and focus i enjoy learning different tasks at my workplace i am a team player and i always like to impress management to show them they can count on me to preform my job and other duties that's asked of me.
IT Manager/Director (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 14, 2014
I worked for Steelcase in Grand Prairie Texas for 14 years. For the most part the first 10 years were great. I really enjoyed what I did, who I worked for and with and the people that worked for me. The last 4 years were taken over by corporate management.
machine door firms
Machinist (Former Employee), Athens, ALMay 7, 2014
job was ok hot but ok,set up and operate cnc machines talking and enjoying people that I was working with
good benefits, great incentives
Welder (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 29, 2014
Pros: great environment
steelcase was a great place to work for, great benefits and bonus incentives
Good company
Material Test Engineer (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIApril 11, 2014
I worked there throughout school. It was a good intership/ starting position.
Great work environment with plenty of opportunity for personal growth
Material Handler/Inspector (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Steelcase is definitely a GREAT place to work if you're looking for personal growth.
Stressful
Inspector (Current Employee), Athens, ALMarch 10, 2014
Pros: benefits are okay
Cons: the stress is not worth the less opportunity within the workplace
The environment is very stressful. This is not a good environment to work in. The management is very poor and no one seem to care for the employees.
Graphic Design
Graphic Designer/Print Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: cross training
Cons: temporary employee with little benefits
LEAN in the Office streamlined the job and moved into more database than design

1 2 3

About Steelcase

For those really tough office meetings, there's Steelcase -- a top office furniture maker worldwide. Through its Systems and Storage – Read more

Steelcase Salaries