Property Manager and or Hospitality Industry Experience
Manager with property management or hospitality industry experience.
Our mission is to provide top quality upscale apartment homes while offering excellent customer service to our residents. We work in a fast paced environment where creative and energetic people thrive. We are looking for an upbeat motivated professional to become our Property Manager.
You must be detail oriented and have excellent customer service skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The ability to use your understanding of human nature and what motivates people will be useful tools as you work with current residents and prospective renters. You will be responsible for working in our management office in a professional manner. You will answer phones in a friendly and professional manner with a pleasant telephone voice and attitude. It is important to keep our residents happy and satisfied with the level of customer service we provide and maintain high occupancy levels
Experience in property management or the hospitality industry is a plus excellent salary for the right person.
Strong Customer Service Skills
- Assist in inspecting show units and tour route for market readiness
- Answer prospective resident calls, set appointments for community visits, and input traffic in computer.
- Tour community and show apartments to prospective residents.
- Qualify, demonstrate, and lease apartments in accordance with Fair Housing Law Enter service requests and distribute to service staff.
- Effectively communicate with residents and staff in a courteous manner to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Provide assistance to residents regarding complaints.
- Managing all orders and maintenance on the property.
- Must possess the ability to read, comprehend, and follow simple to moderately complicated verbal and/or written instructions to perform tasks assigned and to maintain records.
- Must possess basic arithmetical calculation skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, etc.) This level of proficiency is normally achieved through completion of a high school education or its equivalent.
- Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, and other suppliers or vendors to ensure efficient operation of office activities.
- Must have experience working with computers and be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Prior experience working with community management software and web-based programs is a plus, but not required.
- Work with multiple deadlines, maintaining efficiency and control over projects assigned within time frames allowed and changing priorities.
Possess a basic knowledge of sales/marketing techniques and procedures.
- Must be able to work with various kinds of people, maintaining a professional, positive tone.
- Possess a basic knowledge of lease agreements and terminology. Understand basic landlord/tenant laws and fair housing regulations. This could be learned with three to six months on-the-job training.
We are a Clubmark Accredited and ECB Focus Club and have two teams currently playing in the Hampshire League, one Twenty/20 team in the Old...