Stein Mart

Stein Mart United States Employee Reviews

Fun Friendly Environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAApril 30, 2015
A typical day is walking in having a meeting with all the coworkers employees getting started right away with work then breaks every 2 hours with social hour then home. I learned how to scan on the scanners, QA/QC which is making tags for items that had missing tags, VAS which is putting tags on items, shipping I stacked boxes on the truck & receving I would throw boxes or scan. The hardest part of the job was only when either a box was too heavy (dressers). The most enjoyable part was being able to work with others that were friendly as well as being able to be apart of a good company.
great place
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TexasApril 28, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: need equipment upgrades
This company earned my respect by being focused on their employees. They show that they are truly a place that promotes work life balance.
Productive environment to learn excellent customer service values
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, flexible hours, friendly coworkers
Cons: Scheduling miscommunication
A typical day at work involved walking through the racks and displays, straightening hangers and clothing, smoothing ties, tie clips/pins, fixing socks, and tables. Truck days were Wednesdays and Mondays, and on those days I would place the newest products on shelves and racks, moving older products to compensate for our newest inventory. Sometimes, I was called to work the register to help cashiers in the front. Every week I scanned for items that went on clearance, or for sales happening on the weekend.

There were no hard parts of the job; each area was challenging, but nothing which I couldn't accomplish. But the most enjoyable part of the job was certainly working with my fellow coworkers in taking care of customers, setting up displays, or organizing products.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: Fast paced invironment
Cons: Not enough hours
I love interacting with customers and have developed professional relationships by those who shop every week. I am a fast learner. I am the top credit card person. I enjoy working with my coworkers and have never had any run ins with any of them. I love it when its busy. Management is professional. I check out customers, clean, count down the register to make sure we balance. I restock. I am always open to change.
Decent overall
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Daphne AlabamaApril 10, 2015
Working with this company was a decent experience overall.
it allowed me to know a diverse group of people, that I was able to build friendship that I still hold dear today.
Productive and healthy work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Buford, GAApril 9, 2015
I love stein mart
I work every day with a great team
I love all my co workers
Whitney sucks as a scheduling manager.
Everything is so uplifting
Good environment
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: low pay and limited advancment
Stein Mart has an overall good culture to work at. The compensation is low and the company is struggling to modernize. Growth beyond base level management is limited to a good ol' boys club which is frustrating. But if you are content with achieving a middle management position then this is the place. Friendly environment and good work/life balance.
productivity
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Kenner, LAApril 7, 2015
Pros: our pot luck dinners, free lunches
Cons: heaalth care for part timers, working holidays, no breaks
a typical day at work is satisfying the customers and productivity satisfied. my co-workers and I strive to get along and find ways to make our job less stressful. The hardest part of the job is working with a short staff, during the of three instead one. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing it's well done.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 4, 2015
This has been a great job to have while in college. The management team are all very friendly and willing to work around all types of schedules. Everyone, including customers, are fun and friendly and always have a good attitude.
Slow to very fast paced job enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2015
Working at the high end retail store was one of the best . Everyday things were changing getting in new merchandise changing displays. Always a great environment, the most enjoyable part of the job was the holidays and customer sale days, we were always moving at a very fast pace and it was a lot of fun!
Really quiet workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: very boring
a typical day at work would be myself, working in the home department. I arranged things according to style. I would vacuum at night as well. I learned that older women have much more different taste than younger women. My co-workers were distant. The hardest part of my job was the fact that it lacked excitement majority of the time. The most enjoyable would be when I had my hour long breaks.
INTERESTING PLACE TO WORK
MERCHANDISE MANAGER (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: PRODUCTIVITY
Cons: NO BONUS
A LOT OF PROJECTS IN SHORT TIME, YOU HAVE TO LEARN EVERYTHING IN THESTORE.

NOT ENOUGH TEAM TO WORK WITH,
THE HARDEST PART IS STAY FOCUS WITH ALL THE ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS HAPPENING A THE SMAE TIME.
A place you can call home!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Providing and assisting customers
Cons: organizing the racks of clothes after a 12 hour sale.
I learned that you have to know what every department is. The coworkers there was very polite and always checked on you. The hardest part was when we used to get busy and the store get very unorganized. Everybody enjoyed each other and that was the best part.
Nice and Easy Retail Job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 28, 2015
I worked in both 'front of the house' and the back for this job. In either case it was fun, easy-going work and it never really seemed like work. From prepping the inventory for the floor to ringing it up at the register, I pretty much did it all. The employees were awesome and the management was generous. It was honestly just like working for family.
Close to Downtown
ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
If you live in San Marco or Downtown, this is a very close to home. Overworked people, with little respect for balancing family and work life.
Stein Mart can be a fun place to work with the right staffing.
Ladies Lead (Current Employee), Mandeville, LAMarch 24, 2015
Three store managers in a year and a half and the staff keeps leaving due to low hours and low pay. The co-workers are hard workers and like what they do. I love working with the customers and co-workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep the fitting rooms stay clean and mark downs up to date.
Love Co-Workers - Horrible Managers
Associate (Current Employee), Surprise, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great associates and department managers!!
Cons: store manager & assistant manager!!
SteinMart is an overall great company to work for. They are pretty family oriented and generally a "nice" company. The store in Surprise has wonderful associates - great team to work with. However, the store manager and assistant manager leaves MUCH to be desired - which makes the overall atmosphere there, stressful and generally tense! In addition, the company decided to open on Thanksgiving night last year and plan on doing so EARLIER this year - which is NOT OK with many of us who work there and want to spend the holiday with our loved ones instead of working!
Very enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: team work. there is no i in team.
* When arriving at work, at schedueled time, I clocked in. I then canvased both departments for stock needed to fill any missing items.

* I learned the details of maintaining both the Home and Gift Departments.

* I was also cross trained in the shoe department and as a cashier.

* The management was very helpful at resolving any problems at the store. They also helped in both departments if needed.

* Being a team, my co-workers provided any needed assistance in maintaining both departments.

* The hardest part of the job was dealing with disgrunteled customers and addressing these problems.

* The most enjoyable part of the job was the great team work all fellow emplyees, including management, demonstrated. No one left for the night untill all departments in the store were back to corporate guidlines.
fun workplace
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good sales and customers
Cons: rude customers
love the loyal customers that know you by your name. The sales that go on all the time that keep you on your toes. Stein Mart always has something to do
Loved the people
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 7, 2015
Ok job to have if you are not in school. It was hard to be a college student and work here because of the demand. The company did not give me a raise when I went from one position to the next.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stein Mart

Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it – Read more

Stein Mart Salaries