Stein Mart Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Manual Sort (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
This is a Great Place to work , Everyone is nice and professional the management is pretty decent, It's fun definitely an organized establishment.
Pros
Work at your own pace, Great Staff, Easy work
Cons
Short Breaks, No Insurance
Competent & Professional environment
Accessories associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLDecember 3, 2016
Always professional. Customer service oriented. The manager expected a lot from us, but was always friendly and understanding.
Workload can vary wildly from day to day. Sometimes boring, sometimes hectic.
My only real issue was getting called for register backup so frequently that it became difficult to get my other work done.
I worked hard but was very rarely unhappy.
Pros
Good management, friendly employees
Cons
Location of products can change weekly
Dedicated store team; frequent CEO changes
Boutique Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXNovember 29, 2016
Work environment acceptable;team pleasant. Manager when I came aboard well liked and dedicated. I enjoyed my position and the employees with whom I directly worked. Some great product, other very discount worthy. Replacement turnaround manager absent the positive attitude of the former, and it appeared employees' feelings were not high on a list of concerns. The store is well located and should recover to perform well in the future.
Pros
team, customers
Cons
store management
Boring
PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2016
Very very low pay, lady left after 5 years of getting .10,.20 cents
A lot of favorites if you open credit card,if you are in good with mgmt
You got it made. You can even make purchases while you are working
Pros
1 hr lunch if you work 7 hr, nice discount
Cons
management favoritism, if you hound customers to open credit card
stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNNovember 24, 2016
At the beginning it was all fun, but after time and with a change in staff, things became very different. A lot of drama and untrustworthy people, mainly management. The other co-workers are perfectly fine though.
Great Pople
Associate in Shoes, Linens, Home and Gifts.. (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MONovember 24, 2016
Clean store, good people to wok within .
Flexible with work schedules and time off
could be better scheduling workers so someone is not the only person working alone ,covering three areas..
Pros
good hours and occasional weekends off
Cons
should let people be more creative, making displays etc.
dead end job
Accessory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 16, 2016
Not enough hours people come and go Starlight is a company you can work for if you're retired or you just need extra cash not a fast-growing company dead-end job
Cons
Short breaks
The most unfriendly place
Ladies manager (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCNovember 15, 2016
No guidance when u asked for help
There are word for me to explained the frustration of working in this place there is never enough people to do what needs done no hours to give to people to work so u are expected to do the work of at least four people
My Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 15, 2016
I have loved my time at Stein Mart and am really proud of the successful of the customer service that I have provided. everyday I would provide customer service to anyone who walked into the store. I learned how to work different departments throughout the store. Co workers were nice and friendly I enjoyed them. However, I think the time has come for a change. I have been thinking for a while that I’d like to work for a bigger company with more opportunities for growth.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Lack of pay and hours
No Room To Grow.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 10, 2016
A typical day was me folding clothes and checking costumers out. I learned how the retail world is and there is no room for promotion, as they only promote externally. The Management was friendly but only cared about selling credit. Hardest part of the job was the inconstant/random hours.
Great People to work with!
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2016
The team I work with is great and have enjoyed everyday coming to work. It doesn't feel like a job and would recommend this place to anyone, wonderful place to work.
Pros
Team, flexibility
This would be a fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 7, 2016
I love there type of work places to working my review of working would be really fun I haven't worked here before but I heard it's a fun area to work in
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Short break
Stressful
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 2, 2016
There is a lack of training and organization. Dealing with customers is the hardest because they expect a coupon. Management plays favorites. Always cutting hours & changing schedule at the last minute due to upcoming visit from upper management. Some employees have special issues on why they can't work pass a certain hour each day, or why they can't work on particular days, & some even have set schedules. This is not fair to the full-time employees who have to be flexible. The company also stress over credit cards too much. Glad I was able to find a much better job.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Under paid, no help, short staff
Good place to work, good management
Operations Associate/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 30, 2016
I used to work at Stein Mart as a sales lead and receiving. I worked there for seventeen years. I enjoyed my job which consisted of setting the floor, price changes, customer service, receiving trucks, keying invoices, researching purchase orders not on file, ringing customers from time to time. I worked receiving for several years then was promoted to sales lead. The managers were great, they had an open door policy. I learned a lot about retail and leadership. The hardest part of my job was working in receiving, you have to clean the bathroom (did not enjoy that very much). The most enjoyable part of my job was forming friendships with my co-workers and managers. I hated to leave but I needed to finish school and be home with my son.
Pros
Good folks to work with
Cons
Cleaning up after the customers
Review
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 25, 2016
This is a nice place to work. The value of the items are good, but some are little pricey. Most of my co workers were nice. The some of the upper management needed major improvement.
very relaxing enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 17, 2016
management opens store and you go to your department and set everything up . throughout the day if you have inventory then you restock everything make sure the place is neat and organized . help customers locate specific items .the job is pretty easy customers usually shop on their own and its more than one person per dept so you both stock and organize. hardest part is probably the end of the day especially on events the store has we have to put everything up and usually the store is a mess so we have to organize everything for the following day.
Pros
hour lunches and a discount at the store
Cons
no cons
Productive, safe and friendly
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 11, 2016
Is a safe , friendly and productive environment place to work. The management team is respectful and professional. Love to work there.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
N/a
Very friendly, Kind, and Understanding
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
A typical work day at Stein Mart, is productive! Customers expect communication and wonderful service. Organizing departments and keeping the store into balance is mostly what you do. Also, my coworkers were amazing, kind people who no matter what the situation understood. To be honest, my most enjoyable part of my job was to be around them.
Pros
Coworkers who become your friend and sometimes free food in the break room.
Cons
Tiring if you don't have the energy and you must keep a smile no matter what happens.
Productive work place with great managment.
MERCHANDISE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 9, 2016
Long days and a lot of busy work. Overall, an enjoyable place to work. Staff is friendly and management is approachable and very hands on,
Great place
Lead Management & Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 9, 2016
Great company to work for, but different stores and different manager has different ways of handling employees.everyday work consists of running clothes back and forth, if you want to advance learn to set sale and merchandise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stein Mart. Our community is ready to answer.