Stein Mart

Stein Mart Employer Reviews

Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 20, 2014
It was a little depressing because the customers who walked in were depressing, and sad music all the time
Good team to work with
SQL Server Developer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2014
Meetings and working on the task we have for the day. It was a good management and learned to work together with team.
Stein Mart is a wonderful company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), athens, gaApril 14, 2014
Stein Mart is a wonderful company. I've learned so much about retail ever since I started working there. It's a great experience, has great deals on everything they sell.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
it was my job right out of high school it helped me learn that hard work is very important an you have to care about the customer no matter how they treat you
Productive and fun place to work.
Store Auditor (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 13, 2014
Pros: they give out rewards for your work.
Stein Mart is a great place to work and it Is more like family.
Cashier (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 9, 2014
Working for this company was interesting. I did not work long because of personal complications. I enjoyed the company of my co-workers and it was a great experience for me.
Great company, opportunity for advancement
Service Associate (Former Employee), Madison, MSApril 3, 2014
Pros: great company, opportunity for advancement
I kind of considered this to be my first job. I started with this company when they first opened in Madison. I worked here off and on for about 2 years. At one point a lot of my coworkers started to disappear, more people would be hired but no one really lasted long. The hardest part of this job was probably not being able to get a set schedule. The – more... most enjoyable part of this job is on Christmas's eve we got to work in our pajamas and have a Christmas party. – less
Good atmosphere
Sales Associate/Auditor (Current Employee), Bluffton, SCApril 2, 2014
all around good atmosphere. alot of busy days. co-workers very easy to get along with.
Its ok
Area Asset Protection Coordinator (Current Employee), TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: decent discount, good people, best insurance/benefits for retail
Cons: corporate out of touch with reality, company complains that they can't keep good talent yet they won't pay competitively
Its an ok job. I was lied to about almost everything during the interviews regarding work-life balance, schedules, advancement, and scope of the job. I have never worked for a company that required so much time out of it's employees yet paid so little. I average about 60 hours a week, and you are required to work 6 day work weeks during the holidays – more... with no compensation for your time. Truth is that we get paid half of what other companies pay this position, I could actually make more and have been offered much more to manage a single store for another company but I do not want to lose my title. They me 35k a year (which is top starting figure for this position), which I am thankful for, but they acted like they were doing me a favor. – less
retail Experience
Department Lead/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: great discounts for employees, and love interaction with customers
Cons: not enough pay.
I started off as a regular sales associate in the jewelery department. And moved up to department lead. I learned how to complete transaction effectively and the joy of customer service.
Wouldn't go back
Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2014
Management was rude.

We could wear anything to work.

My co-workers were great. They were pretty outgoing as well as welcoming.
over worked and under paid
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 25, 2014
This job gave me an excellent annual review but did not give me an raise. I would come in on days off, stay over and even change my schedule last minute to help out.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MariettaMarch 24, 2014
Great team-work, Friendly co-workers, busy days and long hours.
Management is always boosting employee morral
Sales (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXMarch 22, 2014
Pros: boss has a great attitude to work with a lot of women
Cons: part-time job, no benefits
I have learned to better inter act with customers.The hardest part of my job is that it's 7000 square feet of clothes and sometimes you get swamped with go backs.The management is always planning stuff for us behind the scenes.Each holiday is a party in the break room,always bringing snacks and candies for everyone.
Good place to work with an employee forward culture.
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2014
Pros: collaborative atmosphere, team mentality
Cons: pay is ok not at top of industry, but fair.
Good place to work with an employee forward culture. Management is customer conscious. Heavy investigative environment and need to produce fair share of internal/external apps.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 21, 2014
I enjoyed working there. It was a positive atmosphere with great associates. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the fitting rooms.
A very enjoyable and close place to work, they care about there associates very much.
Ladies Department Manager (Former Employee), Frisco,TexasMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: not good pay
Started the day with 5 minute meetings to let the associates now what is going on with the company. I learned to work very close with an experienced professional management team. I think the hardest part was to learn all the different product. But that is the part that made it more fun as well.
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
enjoyed working with the customers
always had something to do
liked the discount for the workers
expensive but nice
Department Lead (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 17, 2014
this was an ok place to work, just things were a little too high priced!
Ready for the next level
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great employees, speedy atmosphere, personalble atmosphere
Cons: very low wages, unpayed holidays, lack of hours
Stein Mart was a good starting ground for me. I learn a lot about the basics of the retail business and my love for fashion increased dramatically. By working at Stein Mart, it gave me the courage to reach for my dreams. I developed great skills in customer service, cashiering, and became a great sales associate.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stein Mart

Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it – Read more