Stein Mart

Stein Mart Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Retail
Service Associate (Current Employee), Aventura, FLMay 25, 2015
Answering any questions pertaining to our ongoing sales and website.
Maintain fitting rooms.
Assist customers in a more pleasant manner.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 22, 2015
A typical day at work, come in clock in and go on the floor start my job description which is customer service and fitting room. It is a very fast pace place and everyday i'm learning new procedures and new things you have to do. The managers and the co-working is very friendly and sociable, great team player which is I love and understandable there is nothing really hard about my job and I enjoy every moment of it because I love customer services.
Working with the public
Cashier (Former Employee), Farragut, TNMay 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working at SteinMart. I worked there on and off while I was in college and I believe i worked there a total of 2 - 2.5 years.
good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee), Katy, TXMay 21, 2015
Loved my job, great company encourage self progression, job stability, balance of work and life. Very structured company, excellent training and development.
Friendly environment, very focused on customer satisfaction
Store Ambassador (Former Employee), Boca RatonMay 20, 2015
Constant floor projects to improve merchandising and sales. Although there was a rather challenging customer base at this particular location, co-workers and managers were very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was setting up for major weekend sales in a space and time efficient manner, as there was also weekly shipments or markdowns to balance. Despite the stress that came with the job, very thankful for the communication, people, and problem-solving skills I developed throughout the years.
fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 19, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: not enough hours
awesome place to work, first job, had fun working in the jewelry department, and making people happy before they leave.
exciting place to work
Service Associate (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMay 18, 2015
i really enjoy working at steinmart a typical day is coming in ready to work and i have learned a lot my years there. management is really good. my coworkers are excellent and my job is not hard at all. the most enjoyable part is being around the customers and helping them with their needs.
This was a great job to help me rebuild my confidence
Lead Ladies Sales Associate (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great customers and coworkers
Cons: Cut hours after holidays
My day consisted of processing new merchandise, sensor tagging, and merchandising on the sales floor according to corporate guidelines. If sales were upcoming, I would gather and sign this merchandise. I provided high customer service and even had my own clients that I would personally shop for by request. I trained new employees and worked alongside my department manager to make sure duties were completed. The most enjoyable part was finding there perfect outfit for someone who went in a lot of other stores and I was able to find them a complete outfit for whatever occasion they were dressing for.
Ok place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesterfield, VAMay 17, 2015
Stein Mart is an average retail job. The benefits are not great and the possibility of growing your career is slim. However, part time benefits are available which is nice! The best job you might get if you start out as a cashier is a store management position. Even this possibility is unlikely and would take several years of commitment!
fair
Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 16, 2015
I was a cashier but it also gave me a chance to work in other departments of the store as well as it has some great things for the home. I furnished my apartment with my 20% off discount.
Sales Associate
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: long hours
Daily activities include: recovering the sales floor (putting clothes back in the right spot, straightening the clothing racks), close sales on register, and engaging with customers.
Productive and a good place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 14, 2015
Pros: Had especial lunches
Cons: short brakes
I had a good work partners that help well with the store and good family team. It felt like a good working place and everyone had a great day at the store.
For Retail this is a good place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 13, 2015
In all my experience in retail I have to say that I really enjoy working here, the management is awesome. Open minded level headed and great customer relations.
Productive and fun workplace
❸ Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 12, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. Had really nice and comfortable hours while I was in college. I liked interacting with the customers and making sure their experience was amazing.
Overall good experience
MENS/ACCESSORY LEAD (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 11, 2015
I would promote sales and the in-store credit card. I would assist customers with purchases. I liked the importance of store cleanliness and friendly service. I liked the commission reward on store credit sign ups.
it was fun place to work and I met a life long friend
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: standing for long periods, if you never did before
Retail is not an easy job, especially if you never did before. This is a one on one contact with the public as they really are. It really takes a special person to do retail and it teaches you a lot about yourself. You really appreciate and respect others who do retail.
They have up to date fashion
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 5, 2015
Cons: hours were not enough
They are dedicated to the 'older' crowd of mainly women. Spending a lot of time on my feet made me respect sales associates all that much more. I enjoyed working with the management and felt comfortable going to them when I needed to, for anything. The women I worked with were a pleasure to work with and helped me with any concerns that arose.
1st Job when I arrived in Texas
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Lincoln Square, Arlington TexasMay 4, 2015
Pros: Excellent management team.
Cons: Short staffed, Insurance unfavorable.
It was an amazing place to start working, learning the state and being familiar with the city.

The employers were wonderful teachers and I enjoyed each day learning as I moved into my position as a Lead.
Fun Friendly Environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAApril 30, 2015
A typical day is walking in having a meeting with all the coworkers employees getting started right away with work then breaks every 2 hours with social hour then home. I learned how to scan on the scanners, QA/QC which is making tags for items that had missing tags, VAS which is putting tags on items, shipping I stacked boxes on the truck & receving I would throw boxes or scan. The hardest part of the job was only when either a box was too heavy (dressers). The most enjoyable part was being able to work with others that were friendly as well as being able to be apart of a good company.
great place
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TexasApril 28, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: need equipment upgrades
This company earned my respect by being focused on their employees. They show that they are truly a place that promotes work life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stein Mart

Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it – Read more

Stein Mart Salaries