Stein Mart Employee Reviews

Great employment opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2015
Typical work day consisted of customer service routine, pleasant coworkers and management. Daily jobs consisted of setting displays and planograms according to what they were sent out to be as well as bringing in weekly shipments and making sure they all made it out to the sales floor in a timely manner.
Fun and very active work place
Customer Service Representative / Lead Sales (Former Employee), Arlington TexasJuly 29, 2015
Loved helping build sales to make quota's. so much fun resetting the whole store to make it look good. New merchandise was so much fun finding the perfect place on the floor for good viewing.
working as a team
Area Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAJuly 23, 2015
my staff was great never had it better

they like to learn and reach their goal

management needs more approvement

I enjoyed working with my team after the day is over.
Retailing
Cashier (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Meeting people and building relationships with frequent customers
Cons: having to bite the bullet with irrate customers
A typical work day would consist of greeting and checking out customers, helping them find merchandise, answering phones, helping do sales on the floor, stocking merchandise, checking in merchandise, counting money in each drawer
Fun workplace, great staff
Cashier, Customer service (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 20, 2015
Job is a little laid back, slower paced compared to some, but always fun. Great staff. Management is reasonably helpful when it comes to accommodations if/when issues arise.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJuly 15, 2015
You will always be busy and my store was fairly laid back and I worked with great people as well. Retail is very demanding though and you can work long hours.
Retail sales job with limited advancement opportunities
Boutique Sales Associate (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers, company discount
Cons: Working retail hours which include many nights and weekends
The employees and customers are very nice. It is enjoyable to help women make purchases and see how it makes them feel more confident.
If you are a career minded professional, run the other way
Area Asset Protection Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2015
Pros: When it was good, it was great.
Cons: Unethical business practices within corporate management
The entire Cincinnati/Indy AP Team quit simultaneously. It was an extremely hostile work environment. My experiences and those of my colleagues are too many and deep to go into. I urge you to do your homework before signing on with this company. Dig deep, specifically the corporate AP leadership and then it trickles down. You'll need names but a simple Google search will reveal quite a bit. What you will find on certain individuals is reflective of the company as a whole. If you're a good investigator, you'll find it. Good luck.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), VIRGINIA BEACH VAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: HOUR LUNCHES FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
Cons: HEALTHCARE
A DAY AT WORK FOR ME IS KNOWING I MADE A PERSON SMILE AND THAT IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT KNOWING THAT YOU MADE THAT CUSTOMER WANT TO SHOP AT YOUR STORE TO HELP YOUR STORE GROW AND BECOME MORE AND MORE SUCCESSFUL AND YOU LEARN TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON YOURSELF AND THE PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH MAKES IT EVEN BETTER CAUSE YOUR LIKE A FAMILY.
My frist Real Job
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), ShreveportJuly 7, 2015
Fast processing- check out customers and balance with accuracy.
Sales- to help customers find everything the need and want.
Stocking-pricing, labeling, folding, cleaning
Decent company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2015
Stein Mart uses each person's talents individually. They do not train their employees in any systematic fashion. Stein Mart always expects the best!
Retail is retail, however Stein Mart was different.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chandler and Tempe ArizonaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Friedly work environment, nice co-workers and nice place to learn skills.
Cons: No real room for growth and not many full time positions.
Working with people that are hardworking and still like to make work fun is always a plus. I enjoyed my days working with the company, however with little room to move up and lack of hours it became harder for me to keep up with bills. I was able to grow my skills in customer service working there however, and i would not trade that valuable time for anything.
My review on my experience at Stein Mart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Nice co workers and a good discount on items
Cons: Short breaks, constant change of employees and too short of a lunch break.
I worked various hours but I gained very much knowledge on properly handling money to not be even a penny short in the register. Management was not as helpful in my opinion as I thought they could be given they were working there a very long time. The coworkers we nice for the most part but by their on decision they chose not to stay. The hardest part of the job is when you get a really nasty customer. You have to be professional and keep your cool when this occurred I would always have management come assist. The most enjoyable job was the night shift employees who worked with me. They had a positive attitude and we closed on time every night!
Group culture
General Manager (Former Employee), Williamsburg VAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Family oriented feeling
Cons: Unrealistic expectations from Store ops
Very much a team effort from all associates and managers.
New projects each day but much repetition also.
Customer issues that we deal with based on corporate decisions.
Overall, a great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager Operations (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: Life balance
Cons: Benefits
There are a lot of sales that go on daily which takes a lot of your time from doing other projects. Time management is a must!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: pay was weekly
Cons: part -time
A typical work day at work can be a calm or busy workflow. I learned how to do markdowns, sales and promotions, floor sales, change floor set, cash handling, open and closing store, and customer service. My co-workers were very positive. The hardest part of the job was when the store was very busy. I was able to handle a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find the merchandise that they was looking for.
Cashier
Service Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: Working with great team members
Cons: inconsistent work schedule
A typical day at work consists of working the front end of the store as a cashier, assisting customers with purchases, returns, upsell store charge card to customers, assist customers with any questions regarding price checks and discounts available and customer service. I work with a great team at the front end, someone is always available anytime I need assistance or have any questions that I am unable to answer for customers. The hardest part of my job would be not having a consistent work schedule every week and the most enjoyable part of my job would be assisting customers from beginning to end with any and all questions and/or purchases.
Fun co-workers
Ladies department sales associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: No benefits
I would organize clothing, put out stock when the truck came, make sure my area was nice and clean. I also helped people find what they were looking for. I also did some cashier duties as well.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Jenkintown, PAJune 16, 2015
Pros: stress free enviorment, friendly co workers
Cons: no benfits, no consideration for full time emploment
Stein Mart was my first real work experience and I enjoyed the drama free work zone. it taught me to be very tactful, speedy, and complete all tasks in a timely fashion. if I was given the opportunity to work here again I would
Fun atmosphere
Shift Leader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 15, 2015
Good place to work especially if your a student. They offer a lot of fexiblitly that way. If your a cashier they will put a lot of pressure to sell credit cards.
Headquarters