Stein Mart

Stein Mart Employee Reviews

Retail is retail, however Stein Mart was different.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chandler and Tempe ArizonaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Friedly work environment, nice co-workers and nice place to learn skills.
Cons: No real room for growth and not many full time positions.
Working with people that are hardworking and still like to make work fun is always a plus. I enjoyed my days working with the company, however with little room to move up and lack of hours it became harder for me to keep up with bills. I was able to grow my skills in customer service working there however, and i would not trade that valuable time for anything.
My review on my experience at Stein Mart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Nice co workers and a good discount on items
Cons: Short breaks, constant change of employees and too short of a lunch break.
I worked various hours but I gained very much knowledge on properly handling money to not be even a penny short in the register. Management was not as helpful in my opinion as I thought they could be given they were working there a very long time. The coworkers we nice for the most part but by their on decision they chose not to stay. The hardest part of the job is when you get a really nasty customer. You have to be professional and keep your cool when this occurred I would always have management come assist. The most enjoyable job was the night shift employees who worked with me. They had a positive attitude and we closed on time every night!
Group culture
General Manager (Former Employee), Williamsburg VAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Family oriented feeling
Cons: Unrealistic expectations from Store ops
Very much a team effort from all associates and managers.
New projects each day but much repetition also.
Customer issues that we deal with based on corporate decisions.
Overall, a great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager Operations (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: Life balance
Cons: Benefits
There are a lot of sales that go on daily which takes a lot of your time from doing other projects. Time management is a must!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: pay was weekly
Cons: part -time
A typical work day at work can be a calm or busy workflow. I learned how to do markdowns, sales and promotions, floor sales, change floor set, cash handling, open and closing store, and customer service. My co-workers were very positive. The hardest part of the job was when the store was very busy. I was able to handle a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find the merchandise that they was looking for.
Cashier
Service Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: Working with great team members
Cons: inconsistent work schedule
A typical day at work consists of working the front end of the store as a cashier, assisting customers with purchases, returns, upsell store charge card to customers, assist customers with any questions regarding price checks and discounts available and customer service. I work with a great team at the front end, someone is always available anytime I need assistance or have any questions that I am unable to answer for customers. The hardest part of my job would be not having a consistent work schedule every week and the most enjoyable part of my job would be assisting customers from beginning to end with any and all questions and/or purchases.
Fun co-workers
Ladies department sales associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: No benefits
I would organize clothing, put out stock when the truck came, make sure my area was nice and clean. I also helped people find what they were looking for. I also did some cashier duties as well.
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Jenkintown, PAJune 16, 2015
Pros: stress free enviorment, friendly co workers
Cons: no benfits, no consideration for full time emploment
Stein Mart was my first real work experience and I enjoyed the drama free work zone. it taught me to be very tactful, speedy, and complete all tasks in a timely fashion. if I was given the opportunity to work here again I would
Fun atmosphere
Shift Leader (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 15, 2015
Good place to work especially if your a student. They offer a lot of fexiblitly that way. If your a cashier they will put a lot of pressure to sell credit cards.
too fun of a place to work no work gets don
Merchandising manager over the boutique department (Current Employee), little rockJune 14, 2015
this place is too laid back. we have frequent visits and everytime we are scrambling together at the last min to impress someone from corporate.
Productive and efficient workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with reliable and people-orientated co-workers. Being able to work and accomplish day to day tasks with my co-workers motivates me to become a better employee.
Very friendly workplace
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJJune 8, 2015
This was a good place to work. I got the experience of helping to open a brand new store along with many others. Management/co-workers were very nice and friendly.
Great place to work, with a good environment
Service Associate (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunches during big sales
Cons: Favoritism within the management deminished morale
Co-workers are all great, feels like a big family. Customers are nice and the work environment is welcoming. Learn how to do the registers and merchandise product. Most enjoyable part is helping a customer with any questions they have
Great place
Associate (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 5, 2015
great people and great place to work for and I wish they had a better advancement opportunity, Overall great company, if you are looking for a job think about this company.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: Short Breaks
We had to do Credit Sales which is where we had to meet a quota for the month for people applying for Credit Cards. It was the hardest part of the job due to the Economy at the time.
good managemnt team who are flexible and understanding.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Ocean, NJJune 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Low pay. Must work holidays and weekends
Busy but laid back retail store. Great team players. Typical low retail pay, but hours are flexible. Great for part timers.
ALOT OF WORK WITH LOW PAY
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 30, 2015
Pros: EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT
Cons: LACKS MANAGEMENT
THE CUSTOMERS ARE A DELIGHT, BUT THE STORE MANAGEMENT IS A WRECK. ITS NOT A TEAM PLAYER STORE. THERE IS NO ROOM TO MOVE UP IN THE COMPANY. THE STORE LACKS CHARACTER. THE JOB IS NOT HARD AT ALL, BUT THE MANAGEMENT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE.
informative
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 30, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: standing up for longs hours
i learned a lot about operating a cash register, mainly how to open and close a register properly. i enjoyed the job because i often got to see old faces of people t hat happened to be customers of stein mart
Love this place , but retail is hard work!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 29, 2015
i love all of the people here. the only downside is this is retail and you have to clean up after everybody that come and destroys your store lol .. other than that its great !!!i gained so much customer service experience from this job also!
Its just okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Simple job
Cons: scheduling conflicts
I enjoyed my time at Stein Mart, but if you want to have fun while you're at work i would recommend it. The employees are a bit older because of the crowd that the store itself attracts. The part time pay is okay as long as you don't have any major bills and are available to work throughout the week. They don't always work with you when something comes up in your schedule so be mindful of the hours that you choose.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stein Mart

Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it – Read more

Stein Mart Salaries