Stein Mart

Stein Mart Employer Reviews

If you're young apply
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: you receive experience that's it.
Cons: doing more than what your job title requires
Overall the empolees were undertrained and underpaid. This company lacks appreation for their empolees. They are treated with no respect and yelled at. All management with this company is horrible that I have met at least. They expect you to do a lot of things that are not a part of your job tilte.
well maintained and energitic workplace
Material Handler/ Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2014
A typical day is coming to work around a comfortable staff,completing all of my task such as pulling,picking,and sorting.
Loved my job but didnt feel comfortable
Part-Time Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: the customers and co workers loved working there
Cons: management one of the least liked in all my experience in retail and customer service
loved working with my co-workers but Management was terrible and my store manager had an alcohol problem that was known to everyone and customers
Management willing to schedule around your life, fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, easy scheduling, enjoyable co-workers
Cons: variable hours by season
Scheduling for full time is 30 hours, part time can be much less. The harder you work the more hours you will be given. Co-workers friendly, as well as management. If you work just under full time hours they will classify you as part time with no additional benefits. Full shift for them is 7 hours but with unpaid hour for lunch, only end up working – more... six. Poor incentives for people to improve. – less
VERY PERSONABLE STAFF AND GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Sales Lead (Former Employee), FLORENCE, SCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: staff/benefits
Cons: standing on your feet all day.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND GET SOCIAL SKILLS WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC. MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT.
Miss Managed....little or no training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 23, 2014
Pros: good compensation package for upper management
Cons: hostile work environment
The Store Manager in Amarillo does not make sure associates are trained. She is demanding and can be a bully. Therefore her associates rarely stay for long. High turnover increases the work load for associates who do stay. This combination makes Stein Mart a very unsatisfying employer..
Just a summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2014
There wasn't too much training required for this store. It seemed like it was more of a greeter job then a sales associate position but fun wither way.
The local store manager was the problem.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, South CarolinaJune 20, 2014
The store manager had poor employee relations and senior management was unwilling to give an honest review due to high turn over in middle management and there was retaliation from the store management toward any employees that complained against her.

The store manager also did not like it when an employee had to request time off for a funeral. She – more... would threaten there job again the senior manager was not there to take action against the local manager. – less
Cashier (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 19, 2014
Pros: good off days
Cons: no benefits
Nice clean work place.
Great customer service.
Handling money
being around new people laughing and talking.
A pleasant work environment
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 19, 2014
There's room for advancement only if you apply yourself. All team members must be on the same page in order for the workplace to run smoothly.
Not long- term
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FloridaJune 17, 2014
Not really a place for advancement. Pay is very below than what it should be, especially for everything you have to deal with.
Nothing special
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 15, 2014
It was your average department store environment. Poor communication and guidance from management.
love working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: co workers that have been with the company for ten years or more.
Cons: no room for advancement
I love helping people and customer service means a lot to my job which I love. My co workers have been working for a long time which makes me feel really good about my job also.
Stein Mart
Cashier (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 12, 2014
It is a pretty normal retail job. The management is decent for the most part. The hardest part of the job is maintaining good composure when dealing with difficult customers.
Good work environment
Sales Associate/Shipping & Receiving Dock (Former Employee), Hoover, ALJune 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part about working at Stein Mart was the friendly coworkers and managers. The hardest part was dealing with unpleasant customers on a daily basis.
Productive and professional environment.
Contractor (Current Employee), Irving TXJune 11, 2014
With this job I learned a couple different things such as ticketing clothing items, receiving them off the truck, packing them to be delivery to the store. All the co workers welcomed me with opening arms
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), ncJune 11, 2014
A great company to work with. The management is very helpful. The over all environment is very friendly and cooperative.I have this opportunity to polish my customer service skills even more.
Friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2014
Job duties included time at the register, customer service, cleaning out the fitting rooms and organizing the merchandise. Co-workers were very friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand.
Fast paced, always changing, pleasant employees,
Shoe lead, Customer Service, Gifts and Linens (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: work with school schedule
Cons: doesn't promote often, no raises
I am the shoe lead, so I'm in charge of the shoe department. I help customers by going above and beyond to please them with our products and services. I scan in a truck daily throughout the week with new product. I have to organize and put out merchandise. Make displays, keep area clean, organize.

My management team and associates are good people. – more... We all help each other when needed, and get along great.

The hardest part of my job is juggling multiple customers. Trying to help each one accordingly; while keeping them satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the reaction of some customers when i find something they wanted, and hearing their praise of how appreciative they are. – less
Personal Boutique Consultant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 2, 2014
Great part time jobs if you like fashion & working with customers

1 2 3 4 5

About Stein Mart

Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it – Read more