Stein Mart Employee Reviews

Nobody at Stein Mart has a clue.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2018
Worst retailer I've ever worked for. The store manager was very unprofessional and when called on her unprofessional behavior, she lied about it. If you like working being forced to work 24 hour shifts(in preparation for corporate visits), then this is the place for you. It's a constant stress filled environment.
Productive workplace with great customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJanuary 6, 2018
On a daily basis, I would be required the maintain the department and how it looked and help the customers find what they needed. It was usually a simple day at work unless it was busy; in that case I would be a little more swamped and would have a chance at needing to go on register. It wasn't all that bad, but the hours would sometimes get cut really harshly.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 4, 2018
Great manager and co workers. Great discounts. My manager was really nice and worked with my schedule and everyone helped each other. Definitely good for high school or college students but also it's not to hard to move up. Would highly recommend it 👍
Good Starting Job
Stein mart Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAJanuary 4, 2018
An overall great place to get a good grasp on what it mean to be apart of a team, and learn how to work cohesively with others in a smooth fashion. Providing an excellent level of customer service is also valuable at Stein Mart.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Overwork.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FlJanuary 3, 2018
Great management team in Naples, Fl. Busy store with a large group of loyal customers. Best part of the job is the relationships I was able to build with many of the customers.
Pros
Great company
Cons
On feet all day
receiving room Manager within a year (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoy my time here at stein . The staff is very friendly and everyone helps each other out. I have not worked in too many places in my life yet but stein martis one of the best places to work.
Stein Mart Experience
Boutique Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2018
Great place to work to build confidence and learning opportunities. Flexible hours and fast-paced or relaxed depending on the workday or season. I enjoyed focusing in on tasks and collaborating with fellow associate team.
Its Alright
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  NowhereDecember 26, 2017
Steinmart is a decent place to start if you want to get into retail. You'll learn how to merchandise stock and read maps and troubleshoot. You're learn customer service from the ground up and meet people you'll never forget.
Pros
great customers, great products, great discounts, decent benefits, interesting work environment, free lunches during a 12 hr sale, good support from the steinmart family
Cons
poor management, poor communications, poor planning, poor scheduling
duties
Customer Service shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 20, 2017
put out stock, assemble merchandise, unload truck, sign paper work, help customers, clean up, set up merchandise, count merchandise, tag items, stocks shelves, help coworkers with customers, help look for items
Pros
great store hours
Cons
hours are cut often
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2017
The managers are very manipulative. They do not follow through with their staff promotions..something shady was going on.. Very immature behaviors, Would not work for them again.
On a good note,,discounts were great!!
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad management..
Wonderful job, horrible manager
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 16, 2017
I absolutely love my job, my coworkers, and the customers! The only problem is the management at my location. Her attitude is horrible! She doesn’t like to go by your availability, and when you talk to her about it, she’ll tell you “maybe you shouldn’t have a job”. Everyone else is great, but she’s the reason people keep leaving within their FIRST MONTH. She’s bad for business. She makes everything so stressful when it should be fun and relaxed.
Pros
Great coworkers, weekly pay, hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours, managements attitude, short staffed
A typical day at Stein Mart
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 15, 2017
A typical day at work would be doing returns and ringing up customers and providing the same coupons on a daily bases. I learned to try to stay focus and keep negativity out my way. The workplace culture is good I love most of my co-workers we have fun and we make the day worth it. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we get money added on our check for credit cards
Pros
We have lunch every once in a while
Cons
Need better snacks
A relaxing atmosphere
Retail Shoe Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 14, 2017
I worked full time a week with a very fun team. My job title was to sell shoes and to greet and help customers. I loved helping customers around the store. I also had to work as a cashier and answer phones. As well as stock and face items.
Pros
Working with a great team
I enjoyed wort at Stein Mart
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2017
Stein Mart is one of the great place to work I enjoy work at stein mart,
good benefit,close to my house, looking for better opportunity, been work here 12 years trying to something new.
Cons
Fun environment, very long hours. No paid holidays.
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCDecember 13, 2017
The management was great.Getting paid weekly was a plus.Very hard work.Have to work all weekends and Holidays.Very little time off. On your feet all day.
Fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GADecember 11, 2017
All you’re doing is loading trucks. Taking orders, loading trucks, and unloading more trucks. Nothing hard, just face paced. If you want a job for quick hire, this is It.
Pros
45 min lunch break two 25 min break
Cons
Turn over ratio
Stressful but Great Coworkers
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2017
Stein Mart Corporate was a great entry level job, you can move up quickly in the merchandising department as there is fairly high turnover. The pay is not great and it is pretty stressful/a quick paced environment. The coworkers are wonderful though and make the job worth it.
Stein mart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2017
Stein Mart was a real fun job. we always had fashion events and I was always modeling their clothing to our clients. We would get bonus for every card we opened, so that was a plus.
fun working with coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CADecember 7, 2017
coming in to work each day would make me happy because i see my coworkers there. at lunch time i liked seeing my coworkers come at the time they start work.
Not so good to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2017
The management became not to good or professional,a lot of favoritism with certain employees and made it uncomfortable to work at, I like the company.
Pros
A good store
Cons
Not fair to all employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stein Mart. Our community is ready to answer.