Stein Mart

Stein Mart Employer Reviews

Its a job not a career.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 28, 2014
I would recommend this job to the first time worker. The pay is not good. Management will squeeze every drop from you.
Cashier worker
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 28, 2014
Cashier
Assist customers with purchses
Answer Phone
Put back merchandise
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMay 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no raises
Meeting new customers on a day-to-day basis. I always welcome the opportunity to work with my regular customers as well as embracing new customers.
It's a great place to work. I absolutely love the staff and management, they are very cooperative
Consultative Sales Associate (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXMay 25, 2014
Work at Stein Mart is routine based. Our tasks are very straight forward. The management is very cooperative. I had no issues with my schedule because my manage always worked around my classes. I am not sure if that was possible anywhere else.
Stein Mart is a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 21, 2014
Pros: i love the employee discounts that we get.
Cons: very short break
Love working here, except for the low hours. Everyday i come to work with a smile on my face, i love to help my customers.
Job is very productive
Home department associate (Current Employee), Valrico, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: location, flexible hours
Cons: lack of raises
A typical day at the job includes helping customers on and off the register, putting out new merchandise, and re-merchandising display tables. Throughout the shift it is also required that we clean our departments and put away returned merchandise. The management overall cares about their employees and allows them to grow with the company. The co-workers – more... somewhat treat each other like family. The hardest part of the job is when we are short on staff and are left to do everything by ourselves on busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting displays of new merchandise together to make them aesthetically pleasing to the customers. – less
I love clothes
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZMay 15, 2014
Pros: being around the clothes and shoes
Cons: n/a
I loved working with the clothes and the shoes. it was nice putting the outfits on the manikin and seeing the different clothes we received. The mangers we excellent as well as the co-workers. I dont really think there was a hard part to this job i enjoyed everything about it.
Full of management issues...
LADIES MERCHANDISING LEAD (Current Employee), Ballwin, MOMay 12, 2014
Stein Mart managers have unrealistic expectations of their employees, and poor human resources skills. The wages are not nearly high enough to make up for the tasks one is expected to complete, including asking associates to work 14 hour days to prepare for a corporate visit. Low competency among most of the employees, as well as customers.
Good overall.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Franklin Park, NJMay 9, 2014
Sometimes hectic, but good management staff. Work does get busy but store environments don't get easier than this.
Love it! my manager is awesome!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: low hours
I love working here, except for the low hours. Everyday i come to work with a smile on my face, i love to help my customers.
Great work experince
Ladies Manager (Former Employee), MorrisvilleMay 1, 2014
Pros: merchandising the department with new product is the best part
Cons: lack of respect from older staff
Great hours, lots of team players in the work place. Great store to start in for managing a department
good place to work
Customer Service Support - Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 1, 2014
good place to learn the basics of retail. the workers work really hard to make goals and clean up for next business day
Stein mart
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Midlothian,VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: 1hr lunch
Cons: management
Co-workers are great! Management is very nasty and talks down to customers and employees. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the managers.
ok
Customer Service/ Boutique Lead (Former Employee), Richmond VirginiaApril 28, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: poor management and serious gossip amongst management
ok place to work but some of the management team didn't really care about there workers.
A lot of advancement in the Company
Department Manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 21, 2014
a typical day at Stein Mart was helping customers, stocking shelves, dealing with the staffing
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 20, 2014
It was a little depressing because the customers who walked in were depressing, and sad music all the time
Good team to work with
SQL Server Developer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2014
Meetings and working on the task we have for the day. It was a good management and learned to work together with team.
Stein Mart is a wonderful company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), athens, gaApril 14, 2014
Stein Mart is a wonderful company. I've learned so much about retail ever since I started working there. It's a great experience, has great deals on everything they sell.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
it was my job right out of high school it helped me learn that hard work is very important an you have to care about the customer no matter how they treat you
Productive and fun place to work.
Store Auditor (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 13, 2014
Pros: they give out rewards for your work.
Stein Mart is a great place to work and it Is more like family.

About Stein Mart

Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it – Read more