Stein Mart

Stein Mart United States Employee Reviews

Not the best company to work for
Service Associate (Seasonal Part Time) (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2015
(withheld) it is acknowledged that personal convictions sometimes are against company policies and as such this was not a good fit.
Great Work area
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland FloirdaJanuary 6, 2015
They were a great company to work for. They welcomed you in as soon as you start, they became my family. Worked very well with the scheduling.
Challenged your creativity, great staff
Boutique Associate (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great staff, great team work
Cons: very challenging
My day involved floor moves, ensuring that new merchandise hit floor in time also set sales for Boutique/Ladies department and merchandising. I enjoyed working with my team to ensure customers were satisfied, it was a very challenging job meeting the deadlines of the sales, floor moves and merchandising the department but I appreciated the challenge.
Great people to work with, not for.
Merchandising Lead (Current Employee), Surprise, AZJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good benefits if you can get full time
Cons: typical retail, very stressful, too much work and no help
Open Thanksgiving, hours drastically cut in all stores. Upper management unhelpful. Too much work, not enough employees and a very stressful work environment.
Very Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashiers/sales associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 30, 2014
I loved working at Stein Mart. I got to meet new people and work with wonderful people. The costumers were some of the best people I ever came in contact with.
Retail
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 29, 2014
Store has declined since new management. Customers and coupons are not easy to get along with.
Productive but Stressful
Customer Service Lead/ Cashier/ Receiving (Former Employee), Beaumont, TexasDecember 26, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches and paid vacation for full time
Cons: management and organization
Stein Mart was a wonderful place to work but were pretty unfair on how they gave out hours and also on how they treat their employees. The one year that I worked there a total of 20 or more employees left because of the way the managers talk to them.
Wouldn't go back
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TxDecember 25, 2014
As far as upper management goes, it was not a great place to work. I loved the customers and my co-managers and employees, yet the management made it unbearable to work there.
mhm
Cashier (Former Employee), mcallen texasDecember 23, 2014
very boring i like jobs that are fun and this just wasnt for me
Stein Mart
Ladies Department Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 18, 2014
A typical day at work as a department manager included counting tills, morning meetings, housekeeping, checking emails, creating schedules and lists, delegating tasks, putting out merchandise, setting sales, marking down stock, keeping up with employees and putting customers first. I learned a lot about how to treat customers and fellow employees, how to stay organized, and how to successfully run a department leading to the success of a store. Some coworkers are harder to deal with than others at any establishment. You have to separate work from your outside life and treat everyone the same while working together as well as individually to accomplish goals. Very great place to work overall.
Slow, but a fun and inviting place to work
Sales Associate, Cashier, Reciever (Former Employee), Laredo, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: located close to restaurants, full hour lunches
Cons: customers may be more snippy than not
Being a cashier was the most fast paced department, as there are only 3 registers open at a time, Menswear department was never too hectic, and the warehouse was also fast paced but very simple. Management was very friendly and eager to help. co-workers are also glad to lend a hand. very inviting atmosphere.
Work Enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: credit insentives
Cons: management
The environment was extremely uncomfortable and management was horrible to their employees. I only stuck around for the experience to put on another job application. If this is your "first job", look somewhere else. Especially if you're a student, to them retail comes before ALL else.
manager
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Corpus CHRISTIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: good health plans
Cons: short breaks
Spending the appropriate quality time with customer asking questions his/her needs preferences and lifestyle
Fun place for a college student
Lead Sales Key holder (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 29, 2014
I worked here in college and I can say they were very flexible with my schedule. I enjoyed my time here. We often worked alot of hours around the holidays but that is to be expected.
I like the people but the pay isn't great
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: merchandise, managers, customers
Cons: pay, hours
Processing frieght, working with guests, working on registers, opening credit, merchandising the sales floor. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work to be completed and the lack of payroll to support the workload. The best part is the team is fun and personable.
great for teens
Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 16, 2014
this was a great job during my transitional summer from high school to college.
Great Company and Very Flexible
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 13, 2014
PROS;
Great Flexibility
Learn lots of new skills
Great Managers

A typical day consist of setting sales, unloading shipments, freight, and help cashier
I have grown and learned much from this company
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), College Station, TXNovember 11, 2014
Customer service is the number one priority. I would help maintain a store culture on service. I would uphold to the highest standards of not only the store's, but my own. I create an empowering, infectious environment of positiveness, enjoyment for the day to day routine. I communicate well with the staff both physically and verbally. I would train and develop my staff to better themselves and exceed at their job, and hopefully in life. I set daily goals, not only for myself, but my staff. I have the cash handling of daily deposits, register transactions, end of day settlement. I would say that the best part about me is that I am a cheerleader, strong supporter of others and encourage them to reach beyond what they may think is their limit and help them achieve it. On the other side, I would think that I think that I can always do better.
Cool Place
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2014
Great place for college students to gains skills! You will have money hadeling experience for future bank jobs!
productive and fun place to work
merchandising manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 4, 2014
fun place to work. very friendly associates. constant standing and walking.

About Stein Mart

Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it – Read more

Stein Mart Salaries