Stein Mart Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you can deal with rude customers and strict managers.
Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986June 12, 2017
First you report to management to receive you task for that day, and then spent that whole day in your assigned area. Didn't really learn much only reinforced what i already knew. Most of the managers were friendly to their employees the rest were sort of snappy with everyone. Dealing with customers had to be the hardest part of the job for me at least, they were a different type of people than i'm used to. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the coworkers and making friends.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Strict management
Sales people are very friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, NJJune 11, 2017
I love working at Stein Mart because the people there are so nice and so much fun. Plus, they are very supportive and they all work very hard.

The customers are warm and friendly and I really enjoy helping them make their selections.
Cons
The con is being on my feet for hours.
Relaxed
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 10, 2017
It actually is a Relaxed pace well balanced work environment. People are punctual and prepared to work. There is no drama among the work place. and the whole operation run very smoothly.
Valuable retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 8, 2017
During my time working at Stein Mart, I was depended on to maintain the Home department during evening shifts. It was an alright retail experience. I did not work many hours, but felt I gained valuable retain experience.
good work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2017
Stein mart is mainly a ladies store but is open to men as well. It has a great selection of clothing, jewelry and home decorating. Customer service is a must at stein mart, and our customers always come first
Fun Place to Work
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 8, 2017
The people who work at Stein Mart are a lot of fun and help the day go by faster. There is a lot of physical work that is required. They give great discounts to employees.
horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756June 7, 2017
Would have to work back to back shifts, close one day- open early the next.
worked several months without a direct manager for my department
co workers were friendly enough but i can not stress how horrible management was
company visits were the hardest because the store team leader would never task us properly. we were always behind because the only thing that mattered was pushing cards.
Pros
good pay, easy work
Cons
management
Stein Mart
Store Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 6, 2017
-Prevent customer service issues that may arise due to the inability of departmental staff to meet the demands of customers when there is shortage in both goods and staff, by applying sound customer service skills and effective rapport with staffs
-Ensure that store shelves are well maintained by making sure that outdated products are taken off the shelf and replaced with current stocks
-Constantly ensure that work ethic and company standard is fully adhered to during working hours
Pros
Workers
Cons
hours
productive and fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 6, 2017
working fast paced all day, i learned how to use a pallet jack and a rf gun, the management is okay, the workplace is very multicultural, the hardest part of the job is after the last break when everybody is tired and ready to go home, the most enjoyable part of the day is while im working i get to converse and bond with my coworkers.
Working with manager good place to work
Cash office associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
work with manager, floor moves getting sales supervise other employees ring up customers. being on a team in department credit card sign ups and emails.
Pros
vacation time and employess
Cons
not enough employees

Want to know more about Stein Mart?

Ask a question
Never dull.
Men's and Accessories Lead (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 6, 2017
Holiday and snowbird season can be intense. Always work to be done with a small staff. Some days are great, some days aren't. Upper managers are great.
Pros
Discout on some great things.
Cons
Difficult to deal with customers.
An Ongoing learning experience
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 5, 2017
Working at Steinmart was my first experience with retail and there I perfected my skills using the Point Of Sale system, excelling in customer service and catering to all types of demographics. At Steinmart I lead a team of cashiers and through that my leaderships skills were developed and troubleshooting with electronics.
Unprofessional and unmotivated
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 5, 2017
Management is lazy and uncaring. Upper management (DM & RM) are at best unorganized and at worst simply unintelligent. As a company they are inefficient and chaotic with one direction given often followed by something completely contradictory. They are not taking the necessary investments to make it in the struggling retail market.
Pros
Steady schedules
Cons
No upward mobility, lazy management, unmotivated employees
Interesting place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC and Greenville, SCJune 2, 2017
SteinMart is a nice place to work. Depending on your job title, that will dictate how your day would go. I, being a cashier, didn't have much responsibility. I assisted customers with the cashing out of there items. At times also assisting with exchanges and returns. At the end of the night, I was responsible for balancing the register I was assigned to. The management was great. Very friendly and interactive. Willing to work with your schedule. The hardest part of the job in trying to get customers to apply for credit cards, even when letting the know they would receive all the coupons out that day and an extra 20% for applying.
Very professional and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2017
Working at stein mart was a fun and productive place to work at enjoyed the time I worked. Learned many tasks there I use many skills I learned there outside or work as well.
Pros
Worked with my availability
Cons
Health care
by all mean i had good time from all my job team work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJune 1, 2017
there wasn't a hardest part for me because no mater what I am always try my best to make my work place fun that where I spent more time. I had a good learning experience that was my first time been a manager and I took my time to learned a lot of different skills in my life and learned how to dealing with angry people, but its was a great experience.
Poor Work Environment
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAMay 31, 2017
• Managed several departments including: Customer service, Men’s, Home, Linens and Shoes.
• Provided excellent interpersonal skill and customer service to establish strong relations with customers and co-workers for a positive work environment.
Cut-throat, backstabbing
IT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2017
12 years of service and was let go and treated very poorly after being let go. Lots of politics in this place. Even when managers get let go, they leave behind their lapdogs who still do their bidding after they leave.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else.
Great boss - nice associates to train
PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 26, 2017
Great manager, friendly customer environment, learning/training for customer service and credit card sales, great merchandise, and one of the best for SALES.
Awsome
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 25, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. The people and management are very friendly and there is never a dull moment. The day goes by fast as you stay very busy.
Pros
Family
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stein Mart. Our community is ready to answer.