Steinhafels Employee Reviews

Used to be alright but is rediculous now.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 29, 2015
First of all let me start by saying that one of the executives at this company claims we are hiring six hundred people. We can't even hire ten people, let alone six hundred. Do not believe anything they say! The "ground breaking" on the expansion has stalled to a complete halt and the building will not even be expanded this year! This company claims to promote from within, but if you aren't friends with the right people you'll just get ignored. Every department is for themselves and they don't care about anyone else. We have over six different managers and they all are in charge of everything. You can't ever get a straight answer and nothing ever gets accomplished. They have a number system that doesn't work properly and they completely swear by it. If you cheat you look like their best guy, according to their computer screens. Very large lack of anyone existing (they stay in their offices and never come out). Policies written and never enforced. They were having issues with people calling in and coming in late, so rather than fire the bad employees they were all given a free pass! They said if you had horrible attendance they would look the other way and created a policy that doesn't effect anyone. The raises are around twenty cents a year and don't keep up with inflation. Upper management is pushing harder and harder on the workers, burning them out and slowing down production. Management is actually literally making it so we can't do our jobs because they "lock" all the pieces we are supposed to be building. Calling in seems to be popular here, even management does it! They  more... used to buy us food, but rarely ever do now. We are being forced to work holidays instead of having them off with our families. They don't pay any attention to quality and rely fully on a "return rate" system that doesn't report bad quality. Pieces that are being exchanged are not being inspected. There is usually no one around to fix furniture at certain times, even though it has to be loaded on the truck the same day. Do yourself a favor, don't come here. The guys who have been here for 10+ years only make around 15$ an hour.. There is no future in this company.  less
Pros
beautiful landscaping, benefits, vending machine
Cons
too many to list.
Work Summary
Interior Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJune 21, 2015
A typical day for me will include meeting with clients in their home, working in the showroom on their project, presenting to cleints, shopping at other retailers for flooring or lighting, presenting my program to gain new clients, following up with clients, and working in sales inbetween projects.
Pros
commission based, Independence with my clients
Cons
commission based, Hours, often lots of down time
You are a disposable tool
Furniture Assembler (Former Employee) –  WaukeshaJune 16, 2015
Worked assembling "furniture" with the use of their electronic scanning system which "clocks" every piece you assemble with a predetermined amount of time; so if you were shorted hardware and need to get some, or had to go to the bathroom, the clock never stopped and you're penalized for going over the allotted time. Managers and employees tell me they rarely see the grandkids who are now in control of the company as they're just the collecting checks; so saying their "family owned" is a term used loosely. No fresh air is allowed into the warehouse, so doors remain closed, even when "finishers" are using/spraying stains and lacquered finishes as they repair the cheap imported "furniture" The "Revolving Door" on employment never stops as the grunts of the company (drivers, assemblers, warehouse) are constantly leaving this place. I was just getting the hang-of the job and then I was called into my managers office for a discussion. You see, I applied for several positions there and took the first position offered to me. However a Customer Service job opened up and my supervisor was made aware that the C.S. manager was now interested in me. Believing this company "Promotes from within" I was excited the C.S. manager was interested in me. However my supervisor informed me that he had hired me to work in the warehouse. I offered to stay on a month as he searched for a replacement but that wouldn't suffice and when I confirmed that I indeed applied for that position, in Customer Service, I was terminated. Unfortunately my termination was before my 90 days so I had no recourse - so  more... thru Revolving Door I went.  less
Pros
a refriderator for your lunch
Cons
Management - Pay and any real future
Great place to work with fun staff
Part-time employee in warehouse (Current Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIMay 20, 2015
Although I was in the warehouse, I really enjoyed my time that I had there. Everyone is very friendly and helps teach you how to do the tasks that you struggle with.
great place to work with a good group of diverse people
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 7, 2015
A Typical day at work consist of you coming through the doors and clocking in for the day. This was fairly simply, as it required you to place your hand on a terminal to be scanned and then you would enter a four digit number of your choosing. From there you would proceed to the unload/loading area and meet up with other co-workers. once we were all together, the supervisor of the area would give us instructions on what jobs we were doing for the day and which job we would start working on first. The hardest part of this job was the heavy lifting, as you are moving furniture all day bedroom sets and couches can become really heavy after six hours. However the most enjoyable part of the in my opinion were the breaks, from which you could spend playing basketball or using the gym they had available for you.
Pros
sandwich machine
Very fast paced environment ; Emphasis on Safety
Customer Service Representative / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 24, 2015
I worked as a cashier and barista making Starbucks drinks

I learned how to make drinks specifically trademarked to Starbucks

I learned about how important good customer service and how it impacts the overall customer experience

I also learned how to be safe and still be efficient and accurate
Pros
free lunches ( lunch stipend)
Cons
graveyard shift
Pleasant work environment
Mattress Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIMarch 15, 2015
In general the hours are good, medical very good, flexibility in needing time off. As with most companies improvement is needed, need more customer service representatives, more delivery trucks and a better system for delivery times. My co-workers are fun and helpful to work with, the hardest part is trying to deal with customers who blame others mistakes on you. The one customer out of 5 who gives you a nice review.
Pros
healthcare, flexibility
Cons
there is no room for advancement or moving to a different position in the company.
Professional Environment
Home Furniture Consultant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 7, 2015
Steinhafels Furniture is one of the best places to work in Wisconsin/Illinois.
My experience with the above organization was just as they promised at my interview; they provide a team spirited environment, growth opportunities beyond measure, and a place where an employee can call home. Managers take the time out to teach, train and learn each employee. In addition, they guide their team with effective business strategies in a professional manner, they have a listening ear, open door policy and believe in diversity. Steinhafels is a place that you can call home and your appreciated as an employee. On the contrary, my greatest memories as an employee, they will go the extra mile to strengthen your weakness.
Are you looking for employment?
Apply at Steinhafels.
Pros
saturday lunches are free and your awarded in a professional manner for performance.
Overall the actual job is pretty enjoyable
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  WIJanuary 21, 2015
The position of delivery driver is great You drive around, move things, listen to music, and if you have a good partner you get along with well, it makes your day really great. The only real complaint I ever had was a lack of a good management team.
There isn't a such thing as a singular delivery manager who takes care of the drivers questions, and there isn't any order in the ranking of management. This causes fear of stepping on other mangers toes, causing a greater lack of communication resulting in solid managerial decisions to be few and far between.

Overall a good job, good benefits, and usually a good partner, as it takes a certain mentality to do this kind of work.
Pretty good place to work.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 1, 2014
Not much to add, it was a pretty good place to work. Worst part was when I was there they had an attendance policy that was you couldn't clock in 1 minute before or after your start time. It makes sense, but out of fear of not being there on time I got there 10 minutes ahead of time to avoid any tardies.
Cons
strict attendance policy

Want to know more about Steinhafels?

Ask a question
actually the worst job I have had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 15, 2014
Started out with two and a half weeks of training, should have been at least a month. Customer service was basically another way to make sales, which I didn't want to be a sales person. after those two weeks of training, we were thrown out on our own. the only way I survived was because the coworkers helped me complete tasks. the whole customer service department was gossip and cliques. I felt NO support from most of the management team.
Pros
they paid you
Cons
lack of support
enjoyed working there
Sales and Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 26, 2014
worked 12 yrs in sales/design for steinhafels furniture then went to Lazboy for 5 yrs until they closed the store...enjoyed working at both stores,
relaxing, very easy job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 16, 2014
The job is great, no cash handling very laid back but there are lots of different types of data they track and if you don't meet your numbers it is very easy to get fired.
Pros
free lunch on saturday
Cons
lots of sales tracking data that you have to meet to keep your job
Slow environment but excellent benefits
Sleep Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metro Milwaukee, WIMarch 10, 2014
This was a job that provided excellent benefits and that's what I enjoyed most about the job. The reason I didn't stay was because there was no advancement opportunity for me after almost 2 years. I wanted to get into my chosen field or at least be provided the training through the company to get started. Instead, I was given the role of mattress sleep specialist and sold mattresses during the entire duration of employment. Though they were high end quality and the company provided a price range for every budget, I personally couldn't stand working in a very slow environment with sometimes no social interaction for an entire shift which sometimes ended up being almost 12 hours long. I don't like to be condemned to answering phones and browsing the internet at work. I enjoy working hard and keeping busy so this was definitely not the right job for me.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
slow environment
Productive and efficient work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 9, 2013
Working at Stainhafels was great. The management teem was always available and very knowledgeable. The delivery team was reliable and organized, but on top of that proud to hold such an important job at the company. As delivery team we were often the last impression of the company for the customer so it was important to leave an good impression for customer retention.

Delivery drivers held an enormous amount of freedom within the company because managers were not present at the time of delivery so if any problems ever arises it was our responsibility to address the problem and find a solution.
Pros
freedom to handel problems on our own, authority granted to us to achieve a solution.
Cons
physically streniuang, unpredictable hours.
First Job
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 15, 2013
This was the first job I ever had. Taught you a lot about what the real world would be like. Gave you a since of growing up because you were actually earning your keep.