Steinhafels Employee Reviews

great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work, just to many long hours and every weekend and holiday is mandatory. 100% commission based and sometimes difficult being a single person.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Assembler (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 29, 2017
Steinhafels is a great place to work. You have the same task everyday and management lets you do your job. Benefits are great its just that I wish the pay was a little better.
Challenging
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 27, 2017
Liked most of the people I worked with. Sale ethics of many sales people are very questionable. Too many sales people on the floor made it a very cut throat environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
too many sales people
Crippling and life sucking
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 9, 2017
Management constantly play favorites. It's war zone for sales. Not enough customers for the amount of sales people. Anytime a customer complains money is taken off of your sales. Commissions decreased over time.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
relaxed, can be physically demanding, fun
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 11, 2017
At this employer it can, at times, be very relaxed and the associates in the warehouse are fun, friendly, and nice. The job itself is not very difficult and decent pay for what it is. Management needs work and scheduling tends to be an issue that is never really resolved.
Pros
can be relaxed, backroom coworkers are very friendly, nice and fun.
Cons
management needs work, scheduling is an issue, can sometimes be alone for hours.
Great place to get some experience
IT Network Intern (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 23, 2017
Steinhafels is a great place to work. I started there as an intern hoping to get some valuable work experience and I walked away with plenty of it. My coworkers were enthusiastic and fun to be around, more than willing to teach new things, and there was also a fair amount of freedom to work on your own projects. The atmosphere as a whole was pretty laid back.
Build them up
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 19, 2017
Here is another place for a person just starting off for maybe a first or second job. Good physical job that can help you learn to build household furniture and create a customer service back round.
Not your "family company"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 16, 2017
As a salesperson on the floor be prepared for a Cutthroat mentality and too many sales people on the floor. Working retail means working EVERY Saturday and Sunday (which in most cases does not support family values especially when you have kids.) They call themselves Christian but there is no adherence to biblical values in management style or policy.

Training is poor at best and in most cases you simply learn from your mistakes. Managers are often too busy to help and are on the floor making their own sales. Also be prepared to be a customer service rep as well as your customer will try to call the store and No one will answer. All sales supply their own phone, tablets, pens and paper. The IT and systems are awkward and glitch and often get in the way of a smooth sale. So many layers of mock competence.
Look elsewhere
Pros
One free junkfood lunch on Saturday
Cons
Healthcare sucks. Work life balance poor. Commission only.
relaxed work enviroment
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WI 53142February 23, 2017
I worked at steinhafels with no furniture sales experience. I was given the best training and support I could have asked for. If it wasn't for the a new opportunity I might have stayed
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
Commision based pay
Highly physical, great pay and terrible for managing nonwork life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 13, 2017
Typical day at work includes working an average of 12-16 hours per day, exhausting one's self to the point of complete physical collapse. Delivering furniture at this company is often a huge risk to personal physical and mental health. Physical injuries are almost impossible to avoid. Management pushes their employees far too hard, and cares nothing for when their employees are injured because of being pushed too hard. Management is completely disorganized and make/break rules and regulations with impunity. The only enjoyable part of the job, was encountering customers who were truly grateful for our hard work and dedication to their satisfaction.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
High injury risk, extremely physically demanding
Good steady work good management friendly environment
Finisher (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 6, 2017
Steinhafels is a great place to work great health benefits good vacation friendly easy going environment profit sharing on site doctor on site workout facility
Pros
Always work to do great benefits
Cons
Hard work and sometimes extremely busy
Productive and fun place to work
Sales & Leadership Internship (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 3, 2017
Management gives you all the tools to succeed. You have the ability to make a solid living for yourself. The sales floor can be competitive though.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
working weekends
Family-friendly environment, Challenging, Great Staff
Corporate (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 12, 2017
Steinhafels is a great company to work for. The management team is respectful, and wants to promote a work/life balance, which is so important these days. They truly do care about you and your family. There is room for growth, and managers also give their employees the freedom to get their jobs done, without over-managing. Co-workers are great... people sincerely seem to like being at work for the most part. Pay is good, and will hopefully continue to be competitive with the market. Great benefits. But at the end of the day it's the people that make it a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Respectful Managers, Freedom to do your job, Great co-workers.
Cons
Compensation seems to be slightly under the market average for some positions.
Worse Place To Work
Furniture Sales (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 9, 2017
Employees are expected to use their own iphone with data and/or a Apple tablet to work with customers without reimbursement, and won't even supply pens, paper or scissors to be able to do your job. There are work stations, but not enough and many don't have a phone to call for assistance. None of which is told to you when going through the hiring process. Majority of the training is done on your days or shifts you have off, because they don't expect you to have a life outside of work. The training that was provided early on is covered briefly, but never in depth or in a real application setting and some of the online programs and tools were never even covered. Technology can be challenging when not properly trained or covered at all. The managers offered little to no coaching to solidify what was being taught or to overcome challenges you commonly run into. Customers complained about the lack of support from a manager with a new employee requesting help going through something the first time in addition to the treatment customers received from the same manager. Managers have zero care or respect for their employees or the customers, and the work place has created, condoned and encouraged a cut throat environment which makes it hostile to work in. They are also supposed to price match, but it can take up to 5 days to do it so the customer has since gone elsewhere. When you end up not doing well, due to the lack of support and proper training, the same managers blame you for their shortcomings. Managers also have a very poor view about new hourly employees by insinuating poor  more... intentions against the business which is extremely insulting to say the least.  less
Pros
Cons
Many
Management Team Spirited Work Environment
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIAugust 30, 2016
Steinhafels organizations believes that training their employees in a team-spirited work environment brings valuable results to the ones personal/organizational growth. Compensation is exemplified through ones performance while enhancing work life balance and enhances one to stress-free living that relieves one from pressure and imbalance. Steinhafels is the number one furniture retailer in the Midwest; Integrity in sales products is not only their passion, the organization believes in providing one a home of their dreams and helping one achieve their goals in a strenuous market.

Lastly, Steinhafels believes in Family; especially, when you have a loss. Are you looking for a job in furniture retail in the Wisconsin/Illinois area? Choose Steinhafels Furniture
Pros
Compensation for your time, Health Insurance and Extended Benefits
Cons
Your Able to Work Overtime
Exciting atmosphere filled with passionate employees who all get along well.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 10, 2016
I enjoyed my tenure at Steinhafels. I got along well with all of the other operators, and I enjoyed my work. I was always busy and had something to do. I also liked being able to listen to music while on the job, it helped the day go by faster. Management was less than desirable, and the managers could have done a better job relaying exactly what they wanted us operators to achieve.
Pros
always being busy, listening to music, employee morale, breaks
Cons
Management, hours, days on/off
Average warehouse job
Pickups/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 8, 2016
Always busy delivering furniture. When you're not delivering furniture, you are loading trucks to be delivered. Doesn't seem like there is much room to advance.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Pay, executives are harsh, furniture quality is not the best
Official response from Steinhafels
May 11, 2016

Thanks for your comments. We do agree the delivery driver position is quite physical. Our drivers work four days per week, 10 hour days with three consecutive days off. We also strive to promote from within as much as possible. Currently, the majority of our distribution management team worked their way up to the management position from positions such as delivery driver. - Stenhafels HR Team

Great Place to work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 13, 2016
-Lots of hours
-Physically challenging
-Pay is decent
-Driving experience
-Assembly experience
-You meet a variety of people in places all over Wisconsin and Illinois.
Pros
Keeps you in great physical shape
Cons
physically difficult after long periods of time, mildly hazardous job
extremely competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 30, 2016
No limit on income that can be earned. Business culture is very cut throat. managers need to make sales too and will take sales from associates or require associates to split commissions with them after offering assistance.
Official response from Steinhafels
April 21, 2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Our commissioned sales people do have the opportunity for unlimited income potential. While sales is competitive in nature, we enforce selling guidelines to create an equitable environment. In regards to your experience with management, feel free to reach out to our Human Resources team to share more details. As a growing company, we are always open to feedback.

True family company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 2, 2015
In my time with Steinhafels, I learned much about retail and becoming a better manager. I was lucky to have met and worked for some of the finest store managers I have ever encountered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steinhafels. Our community is ready to answer.