Stella & Dot Employee Reviews

Great at home business opportunity
Independent Stylist (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAAugust 17, 2017
Stella & Dot is a great opportunity for individuals to build their own business. It allows for a flexible work schedule and great compensation. I have learned how to style for different clients that allow me to sell to different demographics.
Pros
flexible hours, great compensation
Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot
Independent Stylist (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 17, 2017
Great Product and easy to sell
Utilized Social Media to promote product and generate revenue
Create your own hours and your level of income
Networking is essential and creating a strong customer base is key to the success of Stella & Dot
Pros
Great Product
Cons
Expense of keeping items current
Nice warehouse clean and friendly workers
Solutions Staffing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2017
I liked working here. However orders are based on customers kinda like avon. You ship orders out which is easy and fun but run out of work rather quickly. Work 4 10 to 12 hr shifts and get 3 days off.
Pros
4 day work week
warehouse work through temporary agency
Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of packing about 500 orders,standing on my feet for 10 hour shifts. I did not learn anything that I did not already know here. Most enjoyable part of the job was when it was time for break. The hardest part was enduring the back pain during my shift.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
standing too long
Great company for flexible work
Independent Stylist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2017
Stella & Dot is a great company with a lot of training and resources, community and flexibility. It's an empowering company that wants to give women a place back in the workforce.
I met alot of people working there of all cultures
Packer (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 24, 2017
The wages are not for a person who has to support more than just their self. Sometimes there is alot of overtime and that is when your check would be decent. If you do have a family to support you will need another job. The years that I worked there I always had another job.
Pros
I liked my coworkers
Cons
The pay could've been better
Independent Stylist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 9, 2017
I wish they had more classes to teach women more on how to empower them selves with them having to pay a hefty price to go to a seminar.
I did however enjoyed the fact that you could work from the comfort of your own home.
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
Not enough guidance on how to sale
Fun Company, Hard to Make Money
Associate Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAApril 19, 2017
Great company, fun to work for, but hard to make lots of money unless you put tons of time into it. I enjoyed my time with the company but it was not a good fit for me.
Pros
Fun meetings
Cons
Hard to make money
Benefits and pay is great, but they don't treat you that well
Delight Associate - Inbound Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 16, 2017
The people are great as long as you're not dealing with higher management. Management and leadership is VERY cliquey and you will not move anywhere unless you kiss up and play the workplace politics. They often promise of promotion or more opportunity and when the time comes they say that you either need to work on an issue they had not pointed out prior or they suddenly don't have the time to train you or they don't have the equipment.

The turn over is pretty bad and the computers and systems they use constantly have problems making it hard to do the job to the standards they want.

Half the people you work with will be inept and you will receive little help when trying to get answers.

The company used to care about the agents and their personal success. This has over the years changed. They fired a nice lady who was a single mom because she had to stay with her son while he was battling a life threatening infection. They told a new dad they would work around his schedule to accommodate day care and a few weeks later told him he had to go back to the original knowing that he would not be able to do so.
Pros
Pay, benfits
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Build your own business while meeting amazing women.
Independent Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Stella & Dot is a company for rich women. It is a very expensive company to work for. Overall, the merchandise is beautifully designed and handmade in the USA.
Pros
The tone of the enviroment is good vibes.
Cons
The goals you are expected to meet are always changing.

Want to know more about Stella & Dot?

Ask a question
so-so
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 9, 2017
the work was easy. As long as you showed up and did your best you were good. They had favorites. Hard to move up if you weren't the favorite. The supervisors were fun to work with.
Na
Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work! Work out of a beautiful office with great co-workers. Lot's of inspirational stories and an amazing tribe to be a part of. The people are the most enjoyable part!
"Make your own environment!! working from home is amazing"
Independent Stylist (Current Employee) –  InSeptember 16, 2016
"Working from home is amazing" I love Stella and Dot's philosophy and the encouragement and mentorship it gives to all its stylists. Pushing them to be a better self"
Pros
work from home
Cons
not the sellers market
Productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 26, 2016
Typical day at work is very busy in this company, they are booming in business which makes your day go by very fast. Co-workers were always fun and helpful as a new agent. Management is kind of prissy and stuck up ( not all of them) but they always host little events within the office, which is nice in such a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Dealing with "jewlery emergencies"
Above average but not the best
Delight Associate - Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 8, 2016
It's a call center so it's not the greatest, but it's above average. You're not going to get promoted, you will do the same thing no matter how long you've been there. The culture is good though. The agents are great to each other.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No growth
Growing company with challenging growing pains
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2016
A typical day starts by looking at our case queues and work load and dividing it up to make sure we have coverage for all our areas of responsibility. Managing new issues as they arise and assisting with the entire Call Centers productivity.

I have learned that the most important thing to do management is to treat people with fairness and respect. If you do that, you will have a happy team and the team will preform beyond expectations.

Not all in management feel this way. Too much judgement and pettiness. We always say we have a good culture but I know we have a long way to go.

The hardest part of the job is that our system cannot handle the sales volume on our site. There are always system issues which cause issues with orders, pricing, distribution etc. We have to identify the issues, and then make the manual fixes. We have to do lots of overtime to keep our queues and workload within SLAs. There is always work to be done We are sometimes required to do mandatory overtime.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being teaching others and learning what they have to teach me. I actually like people! I keep growing and learning new things all the time.
Pros
Lots of discounts on jewelry, bags and scarfs.
Cons
Limited amount of growth potential.
No work most of the days
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 20, 2016
I am a current employee at Stella&dot as a warehouse agent hired by agency. They told me that i am a full time employee, but the funny part, i never work 40 hours per week for the last 3 months. There is two hiring process. One is direct hired and the other is through agency's. If u hired through agency, u don't have any rights to say and to do by ur self. If the business is slow, the agency people send home first. So before U join stella, think twice. And the hardest part is on summer time, the warehouse is extremely hot inside.
Pros
Expensive vending machine
Cons
Two 15 mts break for 8 hours schedule
Productive and fast pace environment
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 19, 2016
Coordenate all picking lanes, provide leadership, staff training and couching , monitor order Completion.
It is a really good company , but my shift is too long, I work for 12 hr and I don't have a well balance life style.
Pros
A have a very strong team
Cons
A lot of hours
Stylists have freedom to make an income doing what they love, on their own terms!
Independent Stylist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2016
One of the nice things about Stella & Dot is that you truly work on your own time. You can do in-home Trunk Shows which give women a hands-on, personalized, social shopping experience – no glass cases, no pushy salespeople. Instead, a Stella & Dot event is a casual, fun, no-pressure way for girlfriends to get together, explore accessories and get advice from Independent Stylists and friends. You can have as many or as little as your schedule allows! You can also hold online trunk shows, in-home style sessions, pop-up shows at local establishments, and sell to any one and everyone who comes your way. The Stella & Dot Stylist Lounge offers so many tools to help your business thrive as well as your support team. It has been a great experience and I would encourage you to look into it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, up to 35% commission, fun
Cons
No guarantees
Set your own goals and achieve them
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 23, 2016
Flexibility and loads of fun jewelry to boot - Stella & Dot gives you the ability to create your own business and thrive in it!