Stella & Dot Employee Reviews

Stylists have freedom to make an income doing what they love, on their own terms!
Independent Stylist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2016
One of the nice things about Stella & Dot is that you truly work on your own time. You can do in-home Trunk Shows which give women a hands-on, personalized, social shopping experience – no glass cases, no pushy salespeople. Instead, a Stella & Dot event is a casual, fun, no-pressure way for girlfriends to get together, explore accessories and get advice from Independent Stylists and friends. You can have as many or as little as your schedule allows! You can also hold online trunk shows, in-home style sessions, pop-up shows at local establishments, and sell to any one and everyone who comes your way. The Stella & Dot Stylist Lounge offers so many tools to help your business thrive as well as your support team. It has been a great experience and I would encourage you to look into it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, up to 35% commission, fun
Cons
No guarantees
No work most of the days
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 20, 2016
I am a current employee at Stella&dot as a warehouse agent hired by agency. They told me that i am a full time employee, but the funny part, i never work 40 hours per week for the last 3 months. There is two hiring process. One is direct hired and the other is through agency's. If u hired through agency, u don't have any rights to say and to do by ur self. If the business is slow, the agency people send home first. So before U join stella, think twice. And the hardest part is on summer time, the warehouse is extremely hot inside.
Pros
Expensive vending machine
Cons
Two 15 mts break for 8 hours schedule
Productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 26, 2016
Typical day at work is very busy in this company, they are booming in business which makes your day go by very fast. Co-workers were always fun and helpful as a new agent. Management is kind of prissy and stuck up ( not all of them) but they always host little events within the office, which is nice in such a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Dealing with "jewlery emergencies"
Growing company with challenging growing pains
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2016
A typical day starts by looking at our case queues and work load and dividing it up to make sure we have coverage for all our areas of responsibility. Managing new issues as they arise and assisting with the entire Call Centers productivity.

I have learned that the most important thing to do management is to treat people with fairness and respect. If you do that, you will have a happy team and the team will preform beyond expectations.

Not all in management feel this way. Too much judgement and pettiness. We always say we have a good culture but I know we have a long way to go.

The hardest part of the job is that our system cannot handle the sales volume on our site. There are always system issues which cause issues with orders, pricing, distribution etc. We have to identify the issues, and then make the manual fixes. We have to do lots of overtime to keep our queues and workload within SLAs. There is always work to be done We are sometimes required to do mandatory overtime.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being teaching others and learning what they have to teach me. I actually like people! I keep growing and learning new things all the time.
Pros
Lots of discounts on jewelry, bags and scarfs.
Cons
Limited amount of growth potential.
Above average but not the best
Delight Associate - Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 8, 2016
It's a call center so it's not the greatest, but it's above average. You're not going to get promoted, you will do the same thing no matter how long you've been there. The culture is good though. The agents are great to each other.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No growth
Productive and fast pace environment
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 19, 2016
Coordenate all picking lanes, provide leadership, staff training and couching , monitor order Completion.
It is a really good company , but my shift is too long, I work for 12 hr and I don't have a well balance life style.
Pros
A have a very strong team
Cons
A lot of hours
"Make your own environment!! working from home is amazing"
Independent Stylist (Current Employee) –  InSeptember 16, 2016
"Working from home is amazing" I love Stella and Dot's philosophy and the encouragement and mentorship it gives to all its stylists. Pushing them to be a better self"
Pros
work from home
Cons
not the sellers market
Amazing place to work.
Data Science Intern (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 17, 2016
People have no ego, they support you to work and very collaborative culture. Loved every day here.
Work life balanced. Artistic office and cheerful environment. Hard workers are appreciated.
Not For the Long Haul
QA/Returns/Engraving/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 19, 2015
I was one of the first to start with the company when everything and everyone was new. It definitely started to change when then building started to be filled with more employees and also when all the product transferred from Texas to Ohio. I learned that you have to be on the "Favorite" list to be moved to a better opportunity which in reality it's not because you don't actually get a pay raise necessarily. They also have a program call "GEM" which it is too help you make more money but in all actuality it doesn't. It's scam because they can manipulate the system into raising the bar for how much product you actually do. The people who work there are all tired of the shenanigans and are truly looking for better opportunities. When it comes to the management everyone has worked together before hand or are friends with each other. Most of the time when I ask a question about something important the answer is "I don't know" or "Ask...". The hardest part of the job is trying to convince my manger that my job is important to the company but at the end of the day they don't care.
Pros
quiet for the most part
Cons
pay for healthcare, 2 14 minute breaks, nobody knows nothing and if they do they lie and pretend
Set your own goals and achieve them
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 23, 2016
Flexibility and loads of fun jewelry to boot - Stella & Dot gives you the ability to create your own business and thrive in it!
Have to be a bestie to work here
team member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2015
If you haven't already worked with anyone here from the past, slim chance you'll get hired. Management is one big clique, so high school.
Pros
No pros exist at this company
Cons
Too many to list
Would Not recommend
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 19, 2015
Horrible place to work for. You have to "fit in". Nothing is kept confidential. Pay is okay for hourly. Forklift drivers get paid the same as everyone else. Hard to get promoted.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
short breaks and terrible work atmosphere
Absolutely horrible
Pick dept. (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 2, 2015
No supervision on night shift. Only a handful of employees actually work, while others talk or text. And hang out with security and security lets them eat or smoke during non break times. All you hear when trying to eat lunch is conversation about smoking weed and overwhelming amount of racial slurs.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Customer Service
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 22, 2015
Stella & Dot is a fun place to work. The offer a flexible schedule, great training and support. It's 100% commission based.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Commission based
You are your own boss.
Independent Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAApril 12, 2013
Stella and Dot is a great home base business for a mom or anyone whom wishes to own their own business. It does require a lot of time and of course getting great clientele to make the desired salary that you want.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
must have a big clientele to make money.
Commission
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NationwideJanuary 25, 2013
This is a good job but the jewelry is very expensive and not within many people's daily budgets.
Pros
work from home
Cons
little compensation
Productive and high energy work place, with amazing perks
Delight Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 25, 2015
If you want to be apart of an amazing company that is exponentially growing, Stella & Dot is for you. And with the brand expansion, this company is thriving above their expectations.
Intro to Self Employment
Independent Stylist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 16, 2015
This commission based job has allowed me to expand my business and marketing skills through direct sales. It is a challenging job that gives me an opportunity to be creative and engaging with my customers. Problem solving and thinking outside the box are critical in successful sales jobs.
Pros
Self Employed, Set Own Hours
Cons
Dependent on Sales
Great at your own pace career!
Independent Stylist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Being an independent stylist at Stella & Dot is definitely a lot of fun. Since you basically run your own business by hosting trunk shows, it is as involved as you want it to be. Personally, I hosted trunk shows throughout my time in college when I wasn't too busy, but there are people who host shows every day and make a very nice living for themselves in doing so. A typical day in this role includes contacting people to see if they would be interested in hosting a trunk show, booking trunk shows, and on days that there are trunk shows you have to set up and sell jewelry! I have learned how to effectively network to book shows and how to budget in order to generate a profit.
Pros
free jewelry, flexible schedule that allows you to work as little or as much as you want
overall an easy job, too long hours and favoritism from managment, unequal treatment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 17, 2013
overall it was an easy job, the hours were extremly too long and I was not hired for the shift described to me in my orientation. I find supervisors would make things more difficult for employees that they did not like. For the first 2 months I was not able to clock in without my supervisor/ onsite manager doing it for me, i was told it would be fixed on a daily basis but the problem remained for 2 months.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short breaks