Stella Maris Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 29, 2016
There's a lot more positive than bad working here. I haven't worked there for 4 years since I landed a full-time job but I do regret leaving my part time position. The money wasn't great but for a job like this where you get long extended breaks, you shouldn't expect it to be. Being one of the few white people who worked in Dietary, I was treated with great by my managers. I don't miss the job itself but the people were absolutely awesome to work around. The only thing I would say is anytime you had people who called out, which was seemingly everyday, you had to work your tail off which was somewhat unfair since it was often the same people choosing not to come to work.
Pros
great benefits, extra money on nights and weekends, long breaks, lots of OT
Cons
Often times very busy, some favoritism among certain supervisors, low pay
Pays well but racist
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 27, 2016
The job pays by your experience but 75 % if the people you care for are racist. The work is not hard, co workers are team players, no room for advancement the company claims that they do not have "enough money to train".
Pros
Pays by experience
Cons
No room for growth
needs better manangment. good on hours
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 1, 2016
long tiring day but easy job you just have to have patients. you decide how the day will go. your attitiude decides on your day. more benefits should be present
Pros
good lunch
Cons
more break time
Have lost key staff in past year from clinical perspective. Can';t keep NP's
manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 16, 2016
This company has really changed in past several years. The executive management team are horribly behaved and don't know the basics of how to treat people. Many lay offs to save on money and the upper management have forgotten what the core values of this company stand for. This company is trying to do good things for the residents and families, but there is no "Mercy" "justice" or "compassion" for the employees who make it all happen. Don't have the staff to really provide good care, but campus is lovely and it is still better than most facilities.
Pros
good health care options
Cons
management is really in trouble and have lost their way.
gna
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 21, 2016
very professional very good team work I learned so many things here and I really think this is a wonderful place to work I'm currently employed here if you are looking for a good place to work this is one of the best place to work
Great management, job security
Materials Manager /Shipping Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of making a production schedule for my crew, making sure all tasks get accomplished before the work day is over. The hardest part of the job was harsh work conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be learning different cultures from journeymen from all over the world.
Staff Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 10, 2016
Worked there PRN, but good place to work. Hard work but rewarding and charting is manageble.One supervisor is difficult but the rest are ok.
Excellence work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 24, 2015
Excellence work place. Many opportunities for advancement, and a lot of departments. Great place to work, management and staff work well together.
Fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 30, 2016
Great coworkers, helpful staff,great families,
Productive management, great stories from families and residents, most enjoyable part is seeing families vist there love ones and there smiles, the hardest part is traveling in bad weather there
Pros
RESIDENTS ARE WONDERFUL
Cons
A LITTLE DISTANCE TO TRAVEL
Caring Loving place to work at
GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 31, 2016
Working at Stella Maris Ive gained loving residences . The team work needs some improvement but over all we get along great.
Productive day providing for my residents
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  TimoniumJuly 8, 2015
Me beginning my day at work , its always a good day working with my patients . I learned that all patients are different and on different timing . The are lovable and some days have their moments . I would say as a GNA you are management to the patients . Keeping them alert and reminding them what they might forget . Working with my co workers I believe should always consist of teamwork . he hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on your patients face 24/7 and meeting their needs exactly when they say it . The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my patients requirements that they sat out for me , before my work day comes to an end.
Pros
Staying on top of my job
Cons
Breaks
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Engineering manager was great. Very professional and did not show favoritism.
Coworkers were great and fun to work with.
Good work environment
Only on Externship
Extern (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 11, 2016
This long-term care facility is a very productive and caring place. There's always something to do, caring for someone in any and every way.
Normal everyday work day.
Painter I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 20, 2013
Normal everyday work day. Good job work.life balance, good benefits, and management was excellent.
good
GNA (Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMarch 13, 2013
good workplace excellent benefits, good management will defentely recommend it to others
Nice place to work because of co-workers and residents
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore CountySeptember 24, 2012
I would help the residents and talk to them and make there appointments and make sure everything was taking care of for them and answer phones and filing and thin there chart and help the dr when they come up to see the residents.
Pros
nice work place and management
An amazing experience
Charge RN- Detox (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 23, 2012
I loved working hand in hand with the community to assist patients in detox. It was a very tight knit staff, and the teamwork helped all of us go above and beyond to offer excellent service to the people in need. I only left due to new management and a more corporate presence taking over.
Rewarding place to work.
Executive Assistant to the CAO (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 16, 2015
Showing compasion to the sick and making them smile is very rewarding. I have come to have a deeper appreciation of the elderly working here.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Its a good first place of employment
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 19, 2014
It is a plesant place to work. As a first place of employment after being certified the employees are very friendly and they are very open to answering any question you may have. A typical day for me is report morning ADL's,breakfast,rounds, lunch, rounds, report for next shift rounds, dinner, and night ADL's. I have a learned alot from ths facility and its employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is that for the most part all my co workers get along which makes the day go by smooth and without incident. The hardest part of the job is losing residents that I have been caring for a long period of time.
Externship
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 14, 2014
Stella Maris was really nice, the residents were wonderful and the GNAs were very helpful and made sure things were done to the satisfaction of the patients. I was able to practice all the skills I learned in the CNA/GNA course and become comfortable with the residents. A typical day was coming in and getting the residents up, dressed and ready for breakfast. After serving and cleaning up breakfast residents were allowed to go in in the day room or back to their rooms. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different residents everyday.
Pros
good experience, the residents
Cons
it was only an externship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stella Maris. Our community is ready to answer.