Stella Maris Employee Reviews

Productive fast paced environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 25, 2017
Cashier, Utilities, Deliver hot food carts up to residents, Serve food to the elderly, Cooked in the kitchen. Greeted the elderly as they walked in and out. Delivered food to the elderly apartments.
Pros
Discounts on food, Raises
Cons
Feet pain, Back pain
Cool place to work
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDOctober 26, 2017
this place is ok to work. the pay isn't all that great in fact they payless than the rundown nursing facilities. They are far out in the county but they have a shuttle that takes you to the city.
Cons
pay and location
The management does not have any skills in the work we do.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 7, 2017
I feel like the people above me have used me for my knowledge in the Oilfield and Instrumentation field to advance their self's and have basically tried to weed me out of my position.
Fun place
GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2017
Love my residents
There food was good
Nice employees
I would recommend this place to other people in my field of work they pay great too there nurses is nice
Pros
Big building
Cons
Long breaks
productive
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDAugust 27, 2017
nice and productive a typial work day is relaxed and organized the management could be a little better the most fun part about my job is interacting with my residents
Pros
break time
Cons
the pay
Awesome place to work
Counselor Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
Chemical Dependency Facility for individuals that are challenged with AOD's. We specialize in detoxing each patient and providing treatment therapy for our clients.
Home Health Care division HORRIBLE
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2017
The Home Healthcare of Stella Maris is a horrible place to work, constant harassment from management, never given lunch break, filthy disgusting work place, warned don't drink the water. Stay away!!!!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
no lunch breaks, constant harasment, filthy working conditions
Stella Maris management does not adhere to their own philosphy, mainly MERCY
RN (Former Employee) –  HospiceJanuary 23, 2017
The hospice managers NEVER have their nurses backs. Have seen them terminate an RN over a simple family complaint. They treat nurses as guilty until proven innocent. Dont bother wasting your time. Not to mention blood, sweat , and tears for this facility unless you dont mind being discarded like last weeks trash. BEWARE. look into Stella Maris before taking a position there.
Pros
co workers are the best there is
Cons
They have managers that are not Registered Nurses overseeing RN"s, and making complex clinical decisions, and are not qualified to do so.
Great people, and it is nice to help people in need.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJanuary 12, 2017
An exciting place to work, learn and upgrade through experience and knowledge. I would recommend this place for any new employee that needs experience in this field. Every one is nice and they teach every thing that they can so that you are comfortable in the work place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
nothing negative to imput
gna
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 21, 2016
very professional very good team work I learned so many things here and I really think this is a wonderful place to work I'm currently employed here if you are looking for a good place to work this is one of the best place to work
Great work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 29, 2016
There's a lot more positive than bad working here. I haven't worked there for 4 years since I landed a full-time job but I do regret leaving my part time position. The money wasn't great but for a job like this where you get long extended breaks, you shouldn't expect it to be. Being one of the few white people who worked in Dietary, I was treated with great by my managers. I don't miss the job itself but the people were absolutely awesome to work around. The only thing I would say is anytime you had people who called out, which was seemingly everyday, you had to work your tail off which was somewhat unfair since it was often the same people choosing not to come to work.
Pros
great benefits, extra money on nights and weekends, long breaks, lots of OT
Cons
Often times very busy, some favoritism among certain supervisors, low pay
Staff Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 10, 2016
Worked there PRN, but good place to work. Hard work but rewarding and charting is manageble.One supervisor is difficult but the rest are ok.
Pays well but racist
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 27, 2016
The job pays by your experience but 75 % if the people you care for are racist. The work is not hard, co workers are team players, no room for advancement the company claims that they do not have "enough money to train".
Pros
Pays by experience
Cons
No room for growth
needs better manangment. good on hours
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 1, 2016
long tiring day but easy job you just have to have patients. you decide how the day will go. your attitiude decides on your day. more benefits should be present
Pros
good lunch
Cons
more break time
Caring Loving place to work at
GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 31, 2016
Working at Stella Maris Ive gained loving residences . The team work needs some improvement but over all we get along great.
Have lost key staff in past year from clinical perspective. Can';t keep NP's
manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 16, 2016
This company has really changed in past several years. The executive management team are horribly behaved and don't know the basics of how to treat people. Many lay offs to save on money and the upper management have forgotten what the core values of this company stand for. This company is trying to do good things for the residents and families, but there is no "Mercy" "justice" or "compassion" for the employees who make it all happen. Don't have the staff to really provide good care, but campus is lovely and it is still better than most facilities.
Pros
good health care options
Cons
management is really in trouble and have lost their way.
Great management, job security
Materials Manager /Shipping Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of making a production schedule for my crew, making sure all tasks get accomplished before the work day is over. The hardest part of the job was harsh work conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be learning different cultures from journeymen from all over the world.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Engineering manager was great. Very professional and did not show favoritism.
Coworkers were great and fun to work with.
Good work environment
Only on Externship
Extern (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 11, 2016
This long-term care facility is a very productive and caring place. There's always something to do, caring for someone in any and every way.
Fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 30, 2016
Great coworkers, helpful staff,great families,
Productive management, great stories from families and residents, most enjoyable part is seeing families vist there love ones and there smiles, the hardest part is traveling in bad weather there
Pros
Residents are wonderful
Cons
A little distance to travel