Stella Maris Employee Reviews

Staff Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 10, 2016
Worked there PRN, but good place to work. Hard work but rewarding and charting is manageble.One supervisor is difficult but the rest are ok.
Pays well but racist
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 27, 2016
The job pays by your experience but 75 % if the people you care for are racist. The work is not hard, co workers are team players, no room for advancement the company claims that they do not have "enough money to train".
Pros
Pays by experience
Cons
No room for growth
needs better manangment. good on hours
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 1, 2016
long tiring day but easy job you just have to have patients. you decide how the day will go. your attitiude decides on your day. more benefits should be present
Pros
good lunch
Cons
more break time
Caring Loving place to work at
GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 31, 2016
Working at Stella Maris Ive gained loving residences . The team work needs some improvement but over all we get along great.
Have lost key staff in past year from clinical perspective. Can';t keep NP's
manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 16, 2016
This company has really changed in past several years. The executive management team are horribly behaved and don't know the basics of how to treat people. Many lay offs to save on money and the upper management have forgotten what the core values of this company stand for. This company is trying to do good things for the residents and families, but there is no "Mercy" "justice" or "compassion" for the employees who make it all happen. Don't have the staff to really provide good care, but campus is lovely and it is still better than most facilities.
Pros
good health care options
Cons
management is really in trouble and have lost their way.
Great management, job security
Materials Manager /Shipping Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of making a production schedule for my crew, making sure all tasks get accomplished before the work day is over. The hardest part of the job was harsh work conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be learning different cultures from journeymen from all over the world.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Engineering manager was great. Very professional and did not show favoritism.
Coworkers were great and fun to work with.
Good work environment
Only on Externship
Extern (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 11, 2016
This long-term care facility is a very productive and caring place. There's always something to do, caring for someone in any and every way.
Fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 30, 2016
Great coworkers, helpful staff,great families,
Productive management, great stories from families and residents, most enjoyable part is seeing families vist there love ones and there smiles, the hardest part is traveling in bad weather there
Pros
RESIDENTS ARE WONDERFUL
Cons
A LITTLE DISTANCE TO TRAVEL
Excellence work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 24, 2015
Excellence work place. Many opportunities for advancement, and a lot of departments. Great place to work, management and staff work well together.
Rewarding place to work.
Executive Assistant to the CAO (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 16, 2015
Showing compasion to the sick and making them smile is very rewarding. I have come to have a deeper appreciation of the elderly working here.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Fun work experience
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 31, 2015
• Provides individualized care for patients requiring dependent daily care.
• Obtain and record vital signs.
• Ensured all patient care plans were followed as delegated
Caring and happy place to work
CNA/ GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 22, 2015
Everybody Laughs .Gets work done . Have relationships with patients. Everything is in order . Everybody follows guidelines and rules. Work as a team to meet the patients needs.
Productive day providing for my residents
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  TimoniumJuly 8, 2015
Me beginning my day at work , its always a good day working with my patients . I learned that all patients are different and on different timing . The are lovable and some days have their moments . I would say as a GNA you are management to the patients . Keeping them alert and reminding them what they might forget . Working with my co workers I believe should always consist of teamwork . he hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on your patients face 24/7 and meeting their needs exactly when they say it . The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my patients requirements that they sat out for me , before my work day comes to an end.
Pros
Staying on top of my job
Cons
Breaks
good experience
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 4, 2015
I was only there for my externship nothing major it helped me gain exposure to the work world and showed me how it will be like to work with different people
Its a good first place of employment
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 19, 2014
It is a plesant place to work. As a first place of employment after being certified the employees are very friendly and they are very open to answering any question you may have. A typical day for me is report morning ADL's,breakfast,rounds, lunch, rounds, report for next shift rounds, dinner, and night ADL's. I have a learned alot from ths facility and its employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is that for the most part all my co workers get along which makes the day go by smooth and without incident. The hardest part of the job is losing residents that I have been caring for a long period of time.
Productive and A Great Work Experience
CNA/GNA Clinical (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 15, 2014
Helping patients eat and play activities, Wash the patient and any thing else the patient might need done. I learned how to be a good listner, communicate with the patient. Observe what might be happening. The hardest part of the job was learning when the patient is in pain.I most enjoy about the job was being able to help make the patients as comfortable as possible.
Pros
Good Experience with the Elderly
Cons
Not Be Able to stay longer then scheduled
Externship
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 14, 2014
Stella Maris was really nice, the residents were wonderful and the GNAs were very helpful and made sure things were done to the satisfaction of the patients. I was able to practice all the skills I learned in the CNA/GNA course and become comfortable with the residents. A typical day was coming in and getting the residents up, dressed and ready for breakfast. After serving and cleaning up breakfast residents were allowed to go in in the day room or back to their rooms. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different residents everyday.
Pros
good experience, the residents
Cons
it was only an externship
energetic residence and workers
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 29, 2014
i enjoyed being there. would like another job similar to it. very nice
Pros
good pay
Cons
short lunch break
Great people
Assist in activities of daily living (Former Employee) –  timoniumJanuary 8, 2014
Great place to be employed, Excellent co-workers . Hardest part of the jobs was being under staffed half the time, most enjoyable was making clients happy