Stella Maris Employee Reviews in United States

Have lost key staff in past year from clinical perspective. Can';t keep NP's
manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 16, 2016
This company has really changed in past several years. The executive management team are horribly behaved and don't know the basics of how to treat people. Many lay offs to save on money and the upper management have forgotten what the core values of this company stand for. This company is trying to do good things for the residents and families, but there is no "Mercy" "justice" or "compassion" for the employees who make it all happen. Don't have the staff to really provide good care, but campus is lovely and it is still better than most facilities.
Pros
good health care options
Cons
management is really in trouble and have lost their way.
Great management, job security
Materials Manager /Shipping Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of making a production schedule for my crew, making sure all tasks get accomplished before the work day is over. The hardest part of the job was harsh work conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be learning different cultures from journeymen from all over the world.
Fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 30, 2016
Great coworkers, helpful staff,great families,
Productive management, great stories from families and residents, most enjoyable part is seeing families vist there love ones and there smiles, the hardest part is traveling in bad weather there
Pros
RESIDENTS ARE WONDERFUL
Cons
A LITTLE DISTANCE TO TRAVEL
Excellence work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 24, 2015
Excellence work place. Many opportunities for advancement, and a lot of departments. Great place to work, management and staff work well together.
Only on Externship
Extern (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 11, 2016
This long-term care facility is a very productive and caring place. There's always something to do, caring for someone in any and every way.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Engineering manager was great. Very professional and did not show favoritism.
Coworkers were great and fun to work with.
Good work environment
Productive day providing for my residents
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  TimoniumJuly 8, 2015
Me beginning my day at work , its always a good day working with my patients . I learned that all patients are different and on different timing . The are lovable and some days have their moments . I would say as a GNA you are management to the patients . Keeping them alert and reminding them what they might forget . Working with my co workers I believe should always consist of teamwork . he hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on your patients face 24/7 and meeting their needs exactly when they say it . The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my patients requirements that they sat out for me , before my work day comes to an end.
Pros
Staying on top of my job
Cons
Breaks
Rewarding place to work.
Executive Assistant to the CAO (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 16, 2015
Showing compasion to the sick and making them smile is very rewarding. I have come to have a deeper appreciation of the elderly working here.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Normal everyday work day.
Painter I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 20, 2013
Normal everyday work day. Good job work.life balance, good benefits, and management was excellent.
good
GNA (Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMarch 13, 2013
good workplace excellent benefits, good management will defentely recommend it to others
Fast paced
Shop Tech (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 25, 2013
Fast growing, fast paced company in the oil and gas field. Great benefits, plenty of work.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
little time off.
Fun work experience
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 31, 2015
• Provides individualized care for patients requiring dependent daily care.
• Obtain and record vital signs.
• Ensured all patient care plans were followed as delegated
Caring and happy place to work
CNA/ GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 22, 2015
Everybody Laughs .Gets work done . Have relationships with patients. Everything is in order . Everybody follows guidelines and rules. Work as a team to meet the patients needs.
Its a good first place of employment
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 19, 2014
It is a plesant place to work. As a first place of employment after being certified the employees are very friendly and they are very open to answering any question you may have. A typical day for me is report morning ADL's,breakfast,rounds, lunch, rounds, report for next shift rounds, dinner, and night ADL's. I have a learned alot from ths facility and its employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is that for the most part all my co workers get along which makes the day go by smooth and without incident. The hardest part of the job is losing residents that I have been caring for a long period of time.
Externship
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 14, 2014
Stella Maris was really nice, the residents were wonderful and the GNAs were very helpful and made sure things were done to the satisfaction of the patients. I was able to practice all the skills I learned in the CNA/GNA course and become comfortable with the residents. A typical day was coming in and getting the residents up, dressed and ready for breakfast. After serving and cleaning up breakfast residents were allowed to go in in the day room or back to their rooms. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different residents everyday.
Pros
good experience, the residents
Cons
it was only an externship
Productive and A Great Work Experience
CNA/GNA Clinical (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 15, 2014
Helping patients eat and play activities, Wash the patient and any thing else the patient might need done. I learned how to be a good listner, communicate with the patient. Observe what might be happening. The hardest part of the job was learning when the patient is in pain.I most enjoy about the job was being able to help make the patients as comfortable as possible.
Pros
good experience with the elderly
Cons
not be able to stay longer then scheduled
Nice place to work because of co-workers and residents
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore CountySeptember 24, 2012
I would help the residents and talk to them and make there appointments and make sure everything was taking care of for them and answer phones and filing and thin there chart and help the dr when they come up to see the residents.
Pros
nice work place and management
An amazing experience
Charge RN- Detox (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 23, 2012
I loved working hand in hand with the community to assist patients in detox. It was a very tight knit staff, and the teamwork helped all of us go above and beyond to offer excellent service to the people in need. I only left due to new management and a more corporate presence taking over.
good experience
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 4, 2015
I was only there for my externship nothing major it helped me gain exposure to the work world and showed me how it will be like to work with different people
energetic residence and workers
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 29, 2014
i enjoyed being there. would like another job similar to it. very nice
Pros
good pay
Cons
short lunch break