Stella Maris Employee Reviews

Home Health Care division HORRIBLE
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2017
The Home Healthcare of Stella Maris is a horrible place to work, constant harassment from management, never given lunch break, filthy disgusting work place, warned don't drink the water. Stay away!!!!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
no lunch breaks, constant harasment, filthy working conditions
Stella Maris management does not adhere to their own philosphy, mainly MERCY
RN (Former Employee) –  HospiceJanuary 23, 2017
The hospice managers NEVER have their nurses backs. Have seen them terminate an RN over a simple family complaint. They treat nurses as guilty until proven innocent. Dont bother wasting your time. Not to mention blood, sweat , and tears for this facility unless you dont mind being discarded like last weeks trash. BEWARE. look into Stella Maris before taking a position there.
Pros
co workers are the best there is
Cons
They have managers that are not Registered Nurses overseeing RN"s, and making complex clinical decisions, and are not qualified to do so.
Great people, and it is nice to help people in need.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJanuary 12, 2017
An exciting place to work, learn and upgrade through experience and knowledge. I would recommend this place for any new employee that needs experience in this field. Every one is nice and they teach every thing that they can so that you are comfortable in the work place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
nothing negative to imput
gna
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 21, 2016
very professional very good team work I learned so many things here and I really think this is a wonderful place to work I'm currently employed here if you are looking for a good place to work this is one of the best place to work
Great work environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 29, 2016
There's a lot more positive than bad working here. I haven't worked there for 4 years since I landed a full-time job but I do regret leaving my part time position. The money wasn't great but for a job like this where you get long extended breaks, you shouldn't expect it to be. Being one of the few white people who worked in Dietary, I was treated with great by my managers. I don't miss the job itself but the people were absolutely awesome to work around. The only thing I would say is anytime you had people who called out, which was seemingly everyday, you had to work your tail off which was somewhat unfair since it was often the same people choosing not to come to work.
Pros
great benefits, extra money on nights and weekends, long breaks, lots of OT
Cons
Often times very busy, some favoritism among certain supervisors, low pay
Staff Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 10, 2016
Worked there PRN, but good place to work. Hard work but rewarding and charting is manageble.One supervisor is difficult but the rest are ok.
Pays well but racist
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 27, 2016
The job pays by your experience but 75 % if the people you care for are racist. The work is not hard, co workers are team players, no room for advancement the company claims that they do not have "enough money to train".
Pros
Pays by experience
Cons
No room for growth
needs better manangment. good on hours
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 1, 2016
long tiring day but easy job you just have to have patients. you decide how the day will go. your attitiude decides on your day. more benefits should be present
Pros
good lunch
Cons
more break time
Caring Loving place to work at
GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 31, 2016
Working at Stella Maris Ive gained loving residences . The team work needs some improvement but over all we get along great.
Have lost key staff in past year from clinical perspective. Can';t keep NP's
manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 16, 2016
This company has really changed in past several years. The executive management team are horribly behaved and don't know the basics of how to treat people. Many lay offs to save on money and the upper management have forgotten what the core values of this company stand for. This company is trying to do good things for the residents and families, but there is no "Mercy" "justice" or "compassion" for the employees who make it all happen. Don't have the staff to really provide good care, but campus is lovely and it is still better than most facilities.
Pros
good health care options
Cons
management is really in trouble and have lost their way.

Want to know more about Stella Maris?

Ask a question
Great management, job security
Materials Manager /Shipping Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of making a production schedule for my crew, making sure all tasks get accomplished before the work day is over. The hardest part of the job was harsh work conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be learning different cultures from journeymen from all over the world.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Engineering manager was great. Very professional and did not show favoritism.
Coworkers were great and fun to work with.
Good work environment
Only on Externship
Extern (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 11, 2016
This long-term care facility is a very productive and caring place. There's always something to do, caring for someone in any and every way.
Fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 30, 2016
Great coworkers, helpful staff,great families,
Productive management, great stories from families and residents, most enjoyable part is seeing families vist there love ones and there smiles, the hardest part is traveling in bad weather there
Pros
Residents are wonderful
Cons
A little distance to travel
Excellence work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 24, 2015
Excellence work place. Many opportunities for advancement, and a lot of departments. Great place to work, management and staff work well together.
Rewarding place to work.
Executive Assistant to the CAO (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 16, 2015
Showing compasion to the sick and making them smile is very rewarding. I have come to have a deeper appreciation of the elderly working here.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Fun work experience
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 31, 2015
• Provides individualized care for patients requiring dependent daily care.
• Obtain and record vital signs.
• Ensured all patient care plans were followed as delegated
Caring and happy place to work
CNA/ GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 22, 2015
Everybody Laughs .Gets work done . Have relationships with patients. Everything is in order . Everybody follows guidelines and rules. Work as a team to meet the patients needs.
Productive day providing for my residents
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  TimoniumJuly 8, 2015
Me beginning my day at work , its always a good day working with my patients . I learned that all patients are different and on different timing . The are lovable and some days have their moments . I would say as a GNA you are management to the patients . Keeping them alert and reminding them what they might forget . Working with my co workers I believe should always consist of teamwork . he hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on your patients face 24/7 and meeting their needs exactly when they say it . The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my patients requirements that they sat out for me , before my work day comes to an end.
Pros
Staying on top of my job
Cons
Breaks
good experience
CNA/GNA (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 4, 2015
I was only there for my externship nothing major it helped me gain exposure to the work world and showed me how it will be like to work with different people