Stellar Industrial Supply Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Easy money, bad management
Temp (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 20, 2017
Super laid back place to work. For sure favortism is a thing here. Atmosphere is good till management says something to upset someone. Each higher up won't say selective things to the next one. Easy job but you will be upset with someone always throwing something in your face about them being the boss or how you messed up. Nothing positive ever.
Pros
Laid back easy job. Benefits are cheap. They don't write anyone up.
Cons
Favortism, management sucks, the fact someone can miss 8 days in 3 months and not get fired, and still be the warehouse lead is
Trying to grow too fast, asking sales staff to make unattainable profits
Southwest Regional Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 11, 2017
They have put together a strong group of lines and have technically strong people in the field. In trying to grow, they are over looking their best customers, neglecting them while trying to bring in new accounts.
Pros
Have some people who are very strong in product knowledge
Cons
People are stretched too thin, expect to make too much profit for providing support to customers
Trying to do more with less
Cutting Tool Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Very lean crew. Southern California branch is located in Upland and a satellite site in El Cajon. Quarterly sales meetings and a once a year trip to Tacoma, Wa.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAJanuary 22, 2017
What i do is quote customers on products they are looking for. The hardest part of my job is trying to find exactly what they are looking for. The best part of my job is talking with different customers and getting to know different people. They also allow me to train in different areas.
It's like working in any other store!
Receptionist/Proj Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at work for Stellar was a busy day. Customers from all sorts of companies come in to purchase needed supplies. I learned that being flexible is a must when working for the headquarters for a company. The people that I worked with were fun to work with, great attitudes made it easy to come to work daily! The hardest part of the job was not knowing if it was going to be a slow day or a busy day. The most I enjoyed about the job was that I met different people every day!
Pros
some free lunches, around great areas to get lunch, and co-workers with great attitudes!
Cons
the pay was not all that way too low for someone with a lot of experience!