Senior Mining Engineer/UG mine design specialist
- Join an international mine owner
- Rocky Mountain region
- Underground base metal mine design
Stellar Recruitment has been engaged by a highly regarded international mining company to assist with the recruitment of a technically astute Senior Mining Engineer to join the project team responsible for the development of a large underground base metals mine.
The primary responsibility of your role will be to evaluate options and resolve issues associated with the mine design. Being a new project, this will see you working from pre-feasibility through to construction. After construction of the mine you will have the choice to transition to site with the operational team or stay within a project team based in the corporate office.
As the Senior Mining Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to and manage pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Coordinate consultants engaged to undertake scopes of work contributing to studies
- Undertake economic evaluations and operating costs
- Develop mine designs including ventilation, ground support and stope designs
- Liaise with construction staff, operations and technical staff, keeping them up to date with engineering issues in a timely manner
To be considered for this role, it is crucial for you to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Extensive underground hard rock experience as a Mining Engineer, with experience contributing to feasibility studies, cost analysis, and mine design
- Practical experience with relevant mine planning, ventilation and geotechnical software
All applicants are treated with the utmost confidentiality and resume's will not be submitted without candidate consent.
To apply for this position please contact or email your resume quoting reference number NF16088.
Direct: + (1) 720 599 3005 Cell: + (1) 720 933 7208
1600 Stout Street, Suite 1350, Denver, CO 80202