Step By Step Employee Reviews

Great company
Behavior Specialist Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 24, 2016
I very much enjoy working with Step By Step, Inc. I enjoy my position and find it very rewarding. The only reason I am looking outside of Step By Step, Inc., is to advance my career. Currently, I would like benefits for myself and my family, however my pay rate very significantly drops (hourly rate) should I choose to go from a part time status to a full time status.
Pros
Flexibility, friendly atmosphere, values employees
Cons
Benefits, Significant pay cut if you want full time benefits
Step By Step staff are excellent to work with.
Life Skills Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PADecember 14, 2015
Step By Step is a great place to apply for employment and advancement within the Company. The entire Company is client orient and they are their first priority. Which makes them the best with the care of their individuals. There is always new skills to learn.
Pros
On Call 24/7
Effective Workplace
Staff Counselor - PLPC (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 4, 2015
Exceptional people, working with amazing counselors in a Christian environment. Fairly new business growing very quickly.
Pros
Contracted hours
Cons
No benefits or retirement
Productive Place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 23, 2015
It was a very productive atmosphere. Very rewarding place to grow and fun place to enjoy your co-workers. A place to learn good resources to incorporated in the Company and other Companies.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Shortbreaks
fun place with the kids
Transporter (Former Employee) –  st.louis, moJune 26, 2015
i picked up kids to and from school,met with parents, and met with the parents. I learned alot from the kids and how to deal with them and their parents. the hardest part of my job was dealing with the children that didnt like their homes. I loved talking to parents whom loved thier kids and only want the best for them.
Pros
the kids were great
Cons
the fact that the daycare closed down and the kids miss me.
we get to work and u r stuck there and if staff dont show up u r stuck ....tough on private lives , it is like u cant plan anything ,
rpw (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 9, 2015
i do enjoy working where i work but im looking for something else. been with this co. for sixteen years. i have very rarely called off . the hours sometime r real rough and getting little or no sleep leaves a safety factor where i think our co. real doesnt care. and if something goes wrong u r written up , instead of bringing in someone who is rested they will use the tired one. . its not safe to drive a van after working fourteen hours. thats what i think,,
Cons
u get no breaks and must be in the house till the end of your shift
daily learning experiences
teacher (Former Employee) –  yulee, floridaJanuary 20, 2015
This job was the best job for me right out of high school. I learned so much while working with 2 year olds on a daily basis. I talked with parents daily and kept up with data in the computer on each child and payments. I learned patience and excellent multitasking skills while working here.
Pros
teaching daily
Cons
no pay raises.
A great company to work for
Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 3, 2014
A great start up company that treats its employees with kindness and appreciation.
Wasn't a very good place to work.
Cook/Child care Provider (Former Employee) –  Cameron, MOOctober 18, 2014
I loved working with the children very much. I liked working in the kitchen preparing the breakfast and lunch for the children. What I didn't like was the work attitude of the management team. They were rude and hateful when you tried to ask them questions. I hated to go to work sometimes. I did learn a lot from this job though that you need to be more kinder to your employees if you want them to stay.
Pros
i loved playing with the children, and working in the kitchen.
Cons
i did not like the whole attmosphere of working there, it was the most unfriendlyist place i had ever worked at, and the meanist boss
Direct Care of Clients
Residential program worker (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJune 3, 2014
My daily work consists of working in a residential home with three clients. The clients all are intellectual disabled and one has a behavior plan. Typically, my day consists of keeping the house tidy by cleaning and doing all the necessary duties to keep a home in good condition. I work the night shift, typically, so that is what most of my night consists of. Then, in the morning, I get the three clients ready for the day, by helping them get dressed, serving the breakfast, and giving them their medication. I also have to complete daily paper work throughout the whole shift.
Great tutoships center
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 25, 2014
I develop a lot of my teaching skills here. I recommend it as a tutor and because the management was really good.
Great atmosphere and hard working staff.
Forensic Intensive Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Up at 7:00am and on the road seeing conumers and assiting them with leagl issues,medical, finances,medication monitoring, appoinments, and housing.

Learned to deal with many facets of the local government with the mental health and legal system.

Learned to work with my team and management in order to help consumers succed in the life.

The most difficult time was when myself and my team dealt with consumers who past away natural or unfortunately when they took their own life.

Seeing the team succed where other companies failed Also when consumers changed their life for better.
Pros
everyday was different and challenging
Cons
the issues and problems which plauged the legal system and the mental health system in pa.
Traveled a a TSS for students with Special Needs
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 15, 2014
I enjoyed the experience as a TSS. Traveling was necessary. Home visits and school settings. Paper work involved. Clients changed periodically as did miles per day. Co-workers were great to work with, however, scheduling to accommodate some staff were inconsistent and became financially more to work than pay compensated for.
Pros
pay scale was sufficient for my degree. knowledge of autism and assisting parents.
Cons
excessive travel without compensation, added hours without pay for traveling at end and beginning of shift, required home visits which became life threatening and very dangerous.
Secure work environment..while gaining valuable experience
Residential Program Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 3, 2014
I have gained wonderful working relationships with co-workers and administration. I have learned the importance of working as a team member.

The hardest part of my position is seeing the clients deal with their day to day complications. I currently work as a Residential Program Worker. Many of the clients require assistance with activities of daily living, social skills, occupational skills, and personal issues. It is difficult to see them struggle yet rewarding to be able to assist them in achieving their goals.

I truly enjoy working with this population and I find this type of work very satisfying. I value the relationships that I have developed with my clients.
step by step
Internship (Former Employee) –  Riverview,flJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day is visiting the clients at their homes to see how they are doing in taking their medications and overseeing what their needs are to make their live more manageable. Learn the different areas in Hillsborough county and being outside. Management supports me in all my discussion that I might make. The hardest job is informing a client that they have to move and getting them into a assistance facility. I enjoyed speaking and seeing my clients. my co-worker is a pleasant to be around
Very helpfull
JOB COACH/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  VERMILLION,OHIOAugust 16, 2013
I enjoyed the people,as well as our clients. They always ensured the client had everything they needed to be there best
Pros
made sure we were all about the clients
Decent job, poor pay
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, FLJuly 23, 2013
Provide safe learning environment for preschool aged children. Job was rewarding, but pay was barely enough to survive on.
Great place!
Co-Facilitator and Research Assistant, Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2013
What a great, gritty, grassroots organization that works for such an important cause! Great coworkers who really care, clients who really want to participate!
good job and nice people
Residential Caregiver (Former Employee) –  paApril 24, 2013
I loved this job and there was alot of room to grow i have nothhing bad to say about them.
Challenging yet valuable position.
TSS-Theraputic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 9, 2013
In this position I work one on one with clients who have a/a series of mental health diagnosis in the academic, home, and community settings. My job is to help shape the behaviors of my clients, who generally have a diagnosis in autism, to help them learn appropriate behaviors for the setting at hand. My job is to also work with parents and other professionals to transfer skills that will help them shape the behaviors of the client so that the client will one day live as independently as possible. I have learned an enormous amount of skills on managing and shaping the behaviors of my clients and working with people who have special needs using techniques that are found within Applied Behavioral Analysis. The people that I work with have assisted me constantly throughout the process as we work together in constant communication in order to maintain the professional relationships of those we work with while also exhibiting qualities of compassion and understanding. The most challenging areas of this job are working with individuals who are resistant to the techniques and skills we, as a company, are trying to teach to the client, parents, and professionals who work together. It requires a lot of patience and vigilance but when done correctly the results are outstanding because you have the opportunity to change someone's life for the better. The parts of my job that I love the most are the skills I have learned on managing behaviors because they have not only been useful in helping clients, but they have trained me to be a better professional and a better person.
Pros
life changing, personally rewarding, good trainings
Cons
challening, requires patience, stressful