Step By Step

Step By Step Employee Reviews

daily learning experiences
teacher (Former Employee), yulee, floridaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: teaching daily
Cons: no pay raises.
This job was the best job for me right out of high school. I learned so much while working with 2 year olds on a daily basis. I talked with parents daily and kept up with data in the computer on each child and payments. I learned patience and excellent multitasking skills while working here.
A great company to work for
Content Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 3, 2014
A great start up company that treats its employees with kindness and appreciation.
Wasn't a very good place to work.
Cook/Child care Provider (Former Employee), Cameron, MOOctober 18, 2014
Pros: i loved playing with the children, and working in the kitchen.
Cons: i did not like the whole attmosphere of working there, it was the most unfriendlyist place i had ever worked at, and the meanist boss
I loved working with the children very much. I liked working in the kitchen preparing the breakfast and lunch for the children. What I didn't like was the work attitude of the management team. They were rude and hateful when you tried to ask them questions. I hated to go to work sometimes. I did learn a lot from this job though that you need to be more kinder to your employees if you want them to stay.
Direct Care of Clients
Residential program worker (Current Employee), Clarks Summit, PAJune 3, 2014
My daily work consists of working in a residential home with three clients. The clients all are intellectual disabled and one has a behavior plan. Typically, my day consists of keeping the house tidy by cleaning and doing all the necessary duties to keep a home in good condition. I work the night shift, typically, so that is what most of my night consists of. Then, in the morning, I get the three clients ready for the day, by helping them get dressed, serving the breakfast, and giving them their medication. I also have to complete daily paper work throughout the whole shift.
Great tutoships center
Math Tutor (Former Employee), PRMarch 25, 2014
I develop a lot of my teaching skills here. I recommend it as a tutor and because the management was really good.
Great atmosphere and hard working staff.
Forensic Intensive Case Manger (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: everyday was different and challenging
Cons: the issues and problems which plauged the legal system and the mental health system in pa.
Up at 7:00am and on the road seeing conumers and assiting them with leagl issues,medical, finances,medication monitoring, appoinments, and housing.

Learned to deal with many facets of the local government with the mental health and legal system.

Learned to work with my team and management in order to help consumers succed in the life.

The most difficult time was when myself and my team dealt with consumers who past away natural or unfortunately when they took their own life.

Seeing the team succed where other companies failed Also when consumers changed their life for better.
Traveled a a TSS for students with Special Needs
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: pay scale was sufficient for my degree. knowledge of autism and assisting parents.
Cons: excessive travel without compensation, added hours without pay for traveling at end and beginning of shift, required home visits which became life threatening and very dangerous.
I enjoyed the experience as a TSS. Traveling was necessary. Home visits and school settings. Paper work involved. Clients changed periodically as did miles per day. Co-workers were great to work with, however, scheduling to accommodate some staff were inconsistent and became financially more to work than pay compensated for.
Secure work environment..while gaining valuable experience
Residential Program Worker (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 3, 2014
I have gained wonderful working relationships with co-workers and administration. I have learned the importance of working as a team member.

The hardest part of my position is seeing the clients deal with their day to day complications. I currently work as a Residential Program Worker. Many of the clients require assistance with activities of daily living, social skills, occupational skills, and personal issues. It is difficult to see them struggle yet rewarding to be able to assist them in achieving their goals.

I truly enjoy working with this population and I find this type of work very satisfying. I value the relationships that I have developed with my clients.
step by step
Internship (Former Employee), Riverview,flJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day is visiting the clients at their homes to see how they are doing in taking their medications and overseeing what their needs are to make their live more manageable. Learn the different areas in Hillsborough county and being outside. Management supports me in all my discussion that I might make. The hardest job is informing a client that they have to move and getting them into a assistance facility. I enjoyed speaking and seeing my clients. my co-worker is a pleasant to be around
VERY HELPFULL
JOB COACH/TRAINER (Former Employee), VERMILLION,OHIOAugust 16, 2013
Pros: made sure we were all about the clients
I ENJOYED THE PEOPLE,AS WELL AS OUR CLIENTS. THEY ALWAYS ENSURED THE CLIENT HAD EVERYTHING THEY NEEDED TO BE THERE BEST
Decent job, poor pay
Teacher (Former Employee), Hilliard, FLJuly 23, 2013
Provide safe learning environment for preschool aged children. Job was rewarding, but pay was barely enough to survive on.
Great place!
Co-Facilitator and Research Assistant, Intern (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 23, 2013
What a great, gritty, grassroots organization that works for such an important cause! Great coworkers who really care, clients who really want to participate!
good job and nice people
Residential Caregiver (Former Employee), paApril 24, 2013
I loved this job and there was alot of room to grow i have nothhing bad to say about them.
Challenging yet valuable position.
TSS-Theraputic Support Staff (Current Employee), Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: life changing, personally rewarding, good trainings
Cons: challening, requires patience, stressful
In this position I work one on one with clients who have a/a series of mental health diagnosis in the academic, home, and community settings. My job is to help shape the behaviors of my clients, who generally have a diagnosis in autism, to help them learn appropriate behaviors for the setting at hand. My job is to also work with parents and other professionals to transfer skills that will help them shape the behaviors of the client so that the client will one day live as independently as possible. I have learned an enormous amount of skills on managing and shaping the behaviors of my clients and working with people who have special needs using techniques that are found within Applied Behavioral Analysis. The people that I work with have assisted me constantly throughout the process as we work together in constant communication in order to maintain the professional relationships of those we work with while also exhibiting qualities of compassion and understanding. The most challenging areas of this job are working with individuals who are resistant to the techniques and skills we, as a company, are trying to teach to the client, parents, and professionals who work together. It requires a lot of patience and vigilance but when done correctly the results are outstanding because you have the opportunity to change someone's life for the better. The parts of my job that I love the most are the skills I have learned on managing behaviors because they have not only been useful in helping clients, but they have trained me to be a better professional and a better person.
Rewarding, comfortable place to work
Summer Vista Associate (Former Employee), Harts, WVJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: fun
Very good job and team work. A since of belonging, very enjoyable. Supervisors are qualified, and compassionate.
Good Morning Team!! :)
residential program worker (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 22, 2012
Pros: free food, food for every one
Cons: lunches had to be very short, because we were so short staffed
on a typical day at the house it would usually run very smooth, every one knew what needed to be done and what was going on , we started our morning out with a very good breakfast for clients, then of course the paper work would have to be done . then we all would figure out what we were going to do for the day, so we would take the clients out shopping for maybe clothes, electronics, then maybe grab food head back, we had a very good team we all work together so that made it even better through out the day , the hardest part of my job i would have to say was when some of the clients would refuse to go in the house and it took 2 people to lift up the wheel chairs with them in and that was a strain but we did it :) the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the clients teaching them how to be self sufficient , and at the end when it was time for bed they would all kiss us goodnight.
Working in a home environment
Counsel (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: freedom to teach new things, make new friends, grow relationships
Cons: dealing with the drama
This is a great job working with young adults, I got involved in menu planning, and counceling the young adults, I also got a "Mens Group" started while I was there. I taught cooking, and took clients grocery shopping. The hard part of the job is having to realize that you have to keep your individual ideas of how to disaplin the young adults as adults and not kids.