Step By Step Employee Reviews

Worked in same place for over 4+ years
Mental Health Peer Worker (Former Employee) –  Herkimer, NYDecember 4, 2017
I didn't move after my job through Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center

ended in January 2017. I worked for Step by Step in the same office

with the same clients. I enjoyed working with my peer clients in

helping them reach some kind of recovery. They were able to voice

their concerns which gave them a voice in their recovery. They were

talked about during their appointment with doctor.

The hardest part was leaving my clients behind who have not quite

reached recovery. I still get to see some of them when I go for

appointments. The best part of the job is when they realize they

have to do most of the work to recover an a light bulb goes off in

their head. I'm conveying my experience meeting with mentally

challenging people.

Pros
Everyone treats everyone on the same level.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
not fair
Community Employment specialist ces (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 23, 2017
Most management for themselves, no time for paperwork or work expected during the day don't allow overtime comp time only.Some coworkers are nice to work with and some are not too friendly revolving door. People come and go.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no time for paperwork that is expected
Could be a lifetime career with some changes and chances to advance
Resident Counselor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashley, PAOctober 21, 2017
I really liked my job at Step By Step...over the course of the 17 years..I I had worked there, I met a lot of great people..to include both my colleagues and the Consumers we served.....I found my job to be both rewarding... and challenging at times.... due to working with the mentally.ill population...I taught adult daily living skills to the clients..and worked as an Assistant Supervisor along side of the Program Counselor...
Pros
the perks were good!
Cons
Administration needs to KNOW...RETAIN.and RECOGNIZE VALUABLE STAFF!
Very fun work place
Teacher/Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 10, 2017
Kids teach us something every day! I learned a lot while working here including a lot of patience. Also to live in the moment and never stop dreaming! This was definitely a fast paced job and kept me on my toes!
This was an alright place to work at in the beginning but, interest was lost over the years
Residential Program Worker (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PASeptember 27, 2017
I did like this position in the beginning of being there. Mainly because of my loving and nurturing passion to care for people. There was no advancement for me.
Pros
Being able to go on trips and have social outings with the consumers
Cons
No job advancement
Amazing job training program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, OHSeptember 1, 2017
Step by step taught me many thing and helped me achieve fabulous job training. As an intern there I helped build a mini park, cleaned and much more basic job skills.
Pros
Easy paid job training
Cons
Peers you may know and don't get along with
Daycare
Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 22, 2017
This was a very nice daycare, just not the job for me. The company is no longer in business. If you love that kind of work it would have been a great place for you to work.
Review
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 7, 2017
Has a lot of transitioning and staff turn over. Seeking to improve internal structure to stabilize out. Overall, interesting learning opportunity however, often transitioning.
Effective Management
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 26, 2017
Very well managed, you are always benefited when you are capable of completing your job fully. Always ask for help and you will always be assisted in whatever it is you need assistance in.
Pros
Valued
Cons
No advancement
daycare
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 6, 2017
the daycare is awesome there is lots to learn and the children at this place do learn everything basic to get rady for school. the saff is great very professional.
Happy and productive workplace
Graduate Student Clinician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 17, 2017
Step by Step is a friendly and supportive environment to work in. I interned there during graduate school so I can not speak for the salary, benefits, or job security. All I can say is everyone who did work there seemed very satisfied with their job.
Great work enviornment
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COFebruary 23, 2017
The management were understanding with me knowing I didn't know alot about childcare.
The management is caring of its employees.
Pros
I learned alot from the work
Cons
Didnt stay long enough
It is an ok place to work
Residential Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 29, 2017
It is very hard to balance your work life and your home life while the job is rewarding in its own way as far as the pay and the benefits are concerned they are sub par
Far From Perfect
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 27, 2017
Company might improve now that it's under new management, but while I was there communication between the outreach program and main campus. Our concerns and needs went largely unaddressed or took so long to resolve that they became irrelevant. Management seemed to care more for money than the needs of our staff and children. Otherwise the employees are great, really friendly people. Each student had his/ her own schedule over the course of the day based on what he/ she was learning and we recorded data on his/her behavior to measure progress, though management failed to use or even review the data for the entire fall semester. At our location we never got a lunch break (there wasn't enough staff to watch the kids if someone left) but because of that we got to leave early in the afternoon. They rarely pay overtime. Behavior techs in Marion are hired at $10/hr and pay tax to work in Marion, so it really isn't much better than a retail job anywhere. If you want to make a real difference in childrens' lives without being treated like you make a difference it's a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, management is unresponsive, no breaks
step by step
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 29, 2016
This is and good job for someone just starting their career. It allows you to get and basic understanding of the helping field.whiling dealing with amazing consumers.
Pros
can make 40 plus hours
Cons
more support from upper managerment
Fun Work Place
Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAAugust 22, 2016
Step By Step Childcare was a fun and loving place, both for me and all of the family's that attended. I worked with school age children, so the most part of my day was spent in the classrooms supervising the children and staff. What i enjoyed most about child care was experiencing the opportunity to oversee a diverse community of parents, staff and children.
Pros
one hour breaks
Cons
Na
Very positive environment with great co-workers.
TSS Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJune 29, 2016
worked one on one with children with autism and disabilities. worked in a school environment and home environment.
Fun work place, learning experience, and i learned A LOT
Program Worker (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJune 29, 2016
Learned how to interact with the residents, they are all mentally challenge.
First time in this field so I had to learn a lot fast but trust me it was worth the learning.
I picked up quick through my training and understand that your attention is 100% on the residents.
Cons
healthcare
Lack of Managment
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2016
This company has a lack of management. The management do not care about their staff, they only care about making money. The enjoyable part of my day is working with the clients.
Pros
great clients
Cons
no breaks
Life Skills Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Heights, PAApril 28, 2016
Everyone is a member of the team, and support one another even across divisions, Real family like place to work where everyone gets along.
Pros
Great location and people