Step

Step Employer Reviews

productive and fun activities
Team Captain (Former Employee), brooklyn New YorkJune 4, 2014
Pros: opened opportunities, met lots of new people
Cons: very long practice hours
community center
where i met new friends
competed in many shows
practiced almost everyday after school
NAVFAC HQ
Management Technician (Former Employee), WASHINGTON, DCMarch 25, 2014
BEST OFFICE ENVIRONMENT AND MANAGEMENT PERSONNEL.

A typical day consisted of data entry, generating reports, and assisting senior staff as needed.
Fun learning environment
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FlJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: company closed
My co-workers where the best. Everyday was a fun learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was decorating and enjoying the holidays. As long as you enjoy what you do, you will never work a day in life.
G.E.D. teacher
Director (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYDecember 11, 2013
I ran an entire G.E.D. program by myself. The program was closed due to financial reasons. On a daily basis I taught Science, Social Studies, Reading, Writing, and Math to my students who ranged in ages from 16-56. I successfully helped 129 students earn their G.E.D. I took most students who were on a sixth grade cognitive level to completion of their G.E.D.
Perfect place to work
Student / Financial Advisor of Health (Current Employee), Cocoa, FLAugust 12, 2013
Pros: excellent work, minimal load, peaceful environment
Cons: pay is on a volunteer basis until business picks up
Peaceful, simple, enjoyable. Simple office duty, financial, billing, registration.
This job was a learning experience.
Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 22, 2013
I enjoyed this job very much. I learned alot from working here 3 plus years. This was my first office job and it taught me a lot about the corporate world and good work ethics.
Great first professional experience
Home Visitor (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAMay 13, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, working independently, retirement
Head Start was my first professional job out of college. As a home visitor I worked closely with parents to help them learn how to teach and prepare their preschooler for kindergarten. Once a week I would visit the homes of 12 families. Each visit was one and half hours in duration. The parent and I would discuss goals, activities assigned from the previous week, and concerns. A lesson plan was implemented that the parent and home visitor worked on together to specifically address the needs of that child.

Once a week all 12 families were encouraged to participate in a "family day" to build on socialization skills necessary for kindergarten.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the children. Each one I met taught me something new which made my days rich and exciting. The most challenging part was saying goodbye. I built strong relationships with all of my families and worked so closely with them. It was never easy parting with people I spent so much time with.
Federal Government Experience
Student Temporary Employment Program (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks and benefits
Cons: temporary
The job teaches work ethic. They made sure students felt like real employees not interns
Inter
Intern (Former Employee), Weed, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Love the job I was placed with, but never worked much with step directly.
Worked in a friendly, fast paced environment, that involved working directly with the public
(Student Temporary Employment Program) Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: plenty of office potlucks
Cons: short breaks
Management was very helpful with anything that I didn't understand or needed help with. They made demanding, yet attainable goals and/or requests. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public on a daily basis. That made each day unique and enjoyable.
Student Technical Enrichment Program (STEP)
Student Technical Enrichment Program (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2012
Pros: outstanding learning experience
A program ran by MWH in Cleveland, OH has a lot to offer students transitioning from middle school to high school. Excellent learning experience and I recommend anyone in cleveland interested to join this program.