Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University Employer Reviews

Fun and open environment
Safety and Aquatics Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoyed everything about SFA I had a student position so I was not making a lot of money, but it was by far the most enjoyable job that I have ever had.
CAROL IS AMAZING
Assistant for the Convention Coordinator (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Carol is the best boss. She is so fun to work for and really appreciated our hard work! Always taught me great life lessons as well as career goals
Awesome
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 6, 2014
What's better than sitting at a desk and getting paid to do your homework and help residents when they come in?
Productive and fun working environment.
Student Instructor for Microeconomics (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Work with a small group of students and teach them the principles of microeconomics.
Great learning and research environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours (research)
My Research advisor will and has done anything possible to advance my areas of research and provide materials and instruments to complete quality research in your field of choice.

I learned a variety of imaging techniques for thin films and nanostructures (i.e. SEM - EDS, AFM, STM) as well as methods to create quality thin films for devices such as – more... my Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells of which my research entails. – less
Great job
Research Associate (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXOctober 4, 2013
Loved working for the university, but with like every state job, the pay was not what I needed.
SFA is a Division I college with over 13,000 students.
Graduate Assistant (Athletics Marketing and PR) (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 24, 2013
I enjoyed working in NCAA Athletics Marketing the most out of all my previous jobs. Loved the atmosphere, the staff, and promoting all in house events.
Stephen F. Austin Education Department
Research Specialist and Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: just about everything
Cons: kind of in the middle of nowhere
What a wonderful place to work. I could not find advancement given that I graduated from there, but the time I was able to work there was extremely rewarding. It has an excellent family style setting and staff. They are also extremely scholarly driven, and I would recommend that anyone looking for a great place to live and work to check it out.
Working as a student while being a student, A+
Resident Advisor, Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 7, 2013
This was a rather typical job but it was able to let me focus as a student and also work around my schedule 24/7, I rather liked this job.
Great place for students to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 29, 2013
I loved working on campus when I was completing my undergraduate as well as graduate degrees at SFASU. They understand that school comes first and are willing to be flexible with your schedule.
Excellent learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 14, 2013
As a graduate assistant I learned invaluable lessons in research, data analysis, and data entry. I also gained an exceptional amount of experience in multitasking.
Good job for a student
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 27, 2013
Pros: study time
Cons: minimum wage
It's a good job for a student because you can study at work most of the time.
AARC Tutor
AARC Tutor (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 11, 2013
Great work environment. Highest paying student job on campus. Great boss. Plenty of training.
Good part-time job
Student Aid (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Great while still in college. Flexible hours and interesting and multiple tasks to accomplish.
Helped enhanced social skills.
Residence Life Operation - Maintenance (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXOctober 25, 2012
Pros: meet new people everyday, free food, and special treatment.
Cons: minimum wage and hours.
Working at the university helped me learn a lot. It helped me adjust to different personalities, cultures, and views. I learned to respect everyone's ideas and how to abide by rules, even if they do not make sense. It helped me develop leadership skills when the opportunity came.
Good people, poor pay
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), nacogdoches, txOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: pay
good people poor pay. cant keep workers. professors are awesome students are awesome but president and regents don't support the university enough
Very Flexible work study program
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXAugust 21, 2012
Pros: gained skills in administration and built lasting relationships with faculty.
A typical day consisted of helping students to locate campus jobs and future careers through the university website and career services library. I would assist with any administrative duty that needed to be done by the department. I also helped to coordinate business and teacher job fairs. Our managers were great and we worked well together. Their isn't – more... anything hard about serving people to me. – less
Great job for somoeone who truly cares about University programs
Spirit Coordinator and Head Cheerleading Coach (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 21, 2012
Pros: good healthcare benefits
Cons: long and inconsistent hours
My current job required many hours of overtime, but working with the students on a daily basis was very rewarding.
I learned that every person has a different style of learning and communicating and in order to reach people you have to find out those styles and apply them.
Management was generally laid back, and once given a task, employees were excpted – more... to complete said task within the time allotted, to the highest standard.
My co-workers, much like myself, were generally all so involved in their areas that there was little to no time to form relationships.
The hardest part of the job was managing to fit in personal time for myself. With over 100 students looking to me for advice, daily office hours, daily practices, athletic events, performances and appearances several times per week, finding time to sit back and relax was a challenging, but necessary, time to work into my schedule.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my students. I absolutely love my students, and then program I work with. – less
Union but don't join. employees mistreated prices too high for what they offered.
Student (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 14, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great schedules
Cons: employees forced to work short-handed.
I loved this job. I worked in a kitchen that let me be as creative as supplies would allow. Children would come in on tours and I was allowed to let them decorate a small cake that they took with them. The students made this job fulfulling and their needs were offten overlooked because of profit inspite of high meal prices. I made tons of biscuits from – more... scratch, decorated cakes for all occasions which cause me to be creative on a zero budget. Popular trends were not possible because of no supplies to work with. I worked with weddings, receptions, and catering. This job gave me the confidence to start my own wedding business. – less
n/a
Geology Departmental Student Assistant (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 19, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
cool place to work!!! very flexible with ur schedules and hours .

About Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University (commonly SFA) is a public university located in Nacogdoches, Texas. Founded as a teachers' – Read more