Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University Employee Reviews

Student Employee
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 22, 2015
Great for being flexible for current students. Pay isn't stellar but it's enough to get you through. Don't expect to learn much from most student positions, but any job is what you make of it.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of office hours and event planning. I learned how to develop a fun, safe, and educational community where my peers lived. My co-workers consisted of 20 college students who helped me develop the community we lived in. The hardest part of the job was being an authority figure over students who were my age and also my friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the student life of Stephen F. Austin State University.
State University Employment
Project Assistant II (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJune 22, 2015
Working for SFA, you come to have a sense of belonging. You build strong relationships with your fellow co-workers and the institution itself. The hardest part of any job on campus is having to wait on other employees to do part of their job so that you can continue yours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family feeling of every academic department.
A wonderful place where I have got to work with many different people.
Camp Assistant (Current Employee), Nacogodoches, TexasJune 19, 2015
I learned how to be able to switch from different tasks day to day.
My co workers were many returning workers and were willing to work with me to help me catch up in a new environment.
Fun, education-oriented environment
Spanish Professor/GA/tutor (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: flexibility in your schedule
Cons: The pay for an adjunct faculty member is not very good
I loved teaching at SFA University because the students are great and the professors are very easy to talk to. During a typical day I taught one or two classes while also attending Grad school. I learned so many new techniques in teaching Spanish from veteran professors that have done it for many years and have so much wisdom and experience. The hardest part of the job was preparing all the material for the classes and also struggling with some students that did not want to invest the time to study for your class. The most enjoyable part was my co workers in the department, everyone is so attentive and genuinely nice to you and try to help you out as much as they can.
Student Assistant in Res Life
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: flexibility, experience
Cons: not professional
This job is mainly clerical. Great job for a college student, I learned a lot. It was difficult around the office, not very professional environment. Felt like I had to walk on egg shells all the time.
Not a good place to work
Custodial Student Assistant (Former Employee), Nacodoches, TxApril 13, 2015
My job experience there was not so satisfying. Not everyone was nice and managers showed signs of favoritism. I was only thereas a student worker.
Reception
VRC office clerk (Former Employee), Student Center Veterans Resource CenterApril 8, 2015
I had the pleasure of being the receptionist at the Veterans Resource Center. I answered phones and gave direction to fellow veterans who were starting the semester at SFA.
Not a bad place to work for full-time students
Procurement Assistant (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 29, 2015
Typical day of work incudes delivering mail to departments and paperwork

I learned how the mailing systems work
The Management are the best hands down
The hardest part may be lifting paper
Great atmosphere- wonderful clients and co-workers
AARC Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: freedom and flexibility in scheduling sessions
Cons: sometimes difficult to engage clients in wanting to learn topics
I learned to deal with many different personalities and how to engage each of them in wanting to learn. Staff is very flexible and helpful.
Great enviroment
Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 7, 2015
I would teach a class of 30 students and walk around helping them understand the concepts. I would then grade papers and have another class and do the same thing. Working with students who cheat is a down side to teaching, but being a part of educating students and helping them get the material is the most rewarding experience.
Graduate research and teaching assistants [will do about anything]
Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXDecember 1, 2014
I enjoyed every minute of my time at SFASU. Working with the fire ecology and GIS groups was a driving factor towards my knowledge and passion in the fields. I was exposed no only to projects but various stages and responsibilities of research management and teaching.
Great College position
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fort worth TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: work life balance, flexable
Cons: not many hours
The position is perfect for students attending school and looking for a job.
Job Description
Lieutenant/Parking Manager (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXAugust 6, 2014
Over the day to day operations in the parking office.
Supervise 15 employees, monitor access control, update software, address problems as they arise.
Deal with customer conflicts.
Okay place to work.
Residence Life Custodian (Current Employee), Nacogdoches,TXAugust 5, 2014
I run errands and clean restrooms. I've learned how to deal with a bed bug outbreak. Managers and co-workers are alright. The best part about the job is that it's not hard at all.
I was a student
Student (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: very professtional
Cons: the price
I was in the forestry program, working toward a degree in the forestry field.
Great place to work!
Stage Manager (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJuly 7, 2014
Not many responsibilities
Very workable hours
Fantastic co-workers
Living at work with friends
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: friends everywhere, free food
Cons: living at work, never got a real break
I was a community assistant in a freshman hall at my university. I worked in Steen Hall, which was two towers tall and had a total of ten floors on each tower. I worked on the east side on the ninth floor which gave me the opportunity to work on the coed side. Every other morning I worked my desk shifts downstairs at the front desk so I would wake up and get dresses and ride the elevator down to work. It was nice literally living at work, but it was also so tiring because I was always there. That was probably the hardest part of the job, because I had to learn how to balance a full time schedule of classes, and a full time job. I felt like I could never get away from my boss, because he lived on the first floor. I had great coworkers and we had a lot of fun working together. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with my students on my floor and build relationships with them. I still talk to quite a few of them today.
Productive in every facet imaginable
Graduate Assistant - Instructor (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Gave me the tools to assimilate and disseminate knowledge and grow not only as an educator but as a contributing citizen to society. The most enjoyable experience I have had to date.
Fun and open environment
Safety and Aquatics Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoyed everything about SFA I had a student position so I was not making a lot of money, but it was by far the most enjoyable job that I have ever had.

1 2 3

About Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University (commonly SFA) is a public university located in Nacogdoches, Texas. Founded as a teachers' – Read more

Stephen F. Austin State University Salaries