Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University Employee Review

View all Stephen F. Austin State University reviews

Great learning and research environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 2, 2014
My Research advisor will and has done anything possible to advance my areas of research and provide materials and instruments to complete quality research in your field of choice.

I learned a variety of imaging techniques for thin films and nanostructures (i.e. SEM - EDS, AFM, STM) as well as methods to create quality thin films for devices such as my Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells of which my research entails.
Pros
Flexible work hours (research)

Other Stephen F. Austin State University Employee Reviews

Slow paced work environment with little management
Gardener/Landscaping Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXNovember 15, 2017
Not a lot to say other than very slow paced work environment with minimal advancement opportunities and little to no supervision. Working with this company felt very much like I was just another number instead of an employee. Benefits were good, but not great. The best part about this employer is the vacation, sick, and comp time you gain every month for holidays.
Pros
1 hour lunch, holidays off, vacation, sick leave, benefits, comp leave, Fmla, retirement package
Cons
poor management, poor pay, mandatory leave for holidays
Great starter Position
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXNovember 14, 2017
Great place to work as a college student. I enjoyed how I could balance my school work with actually having a job that was on campus. This saved me money when it came to gas.