Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University Employee Review

View all Stephen F. Austin State University reviews

Living at work with friends
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 29, 2014
I was a community assistant in a freshman hall at my university. I worked in Steen Hall, which was two towers tall and had a total of ten floors on each tower. I worked on the east side on the ninth floor which gave me the opportunity to work on the coed side. Every other morning I worked my desk shifts downstairs at the front desk so I would wake up and get dresses and ride the elevator down to work. It was nice literally living at work, but it was also so tiring because I was always there. That was probably the hardest part of the job, because I had to learn how to balance a full time schedule of classes, and a full time job. I felt like I could never get away from my boss, because he lived on the first floor. I had great coworkers and we had a lot of fun working together. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with my students on my floor and build relationships with them. I still talk to quite a few of them today.
Pros
Friends everywhere, free food
Cons
Living at work, never got a real break

Other Stephen F. Austin State University Employee Reviews

Very relaxed and made it enjoable to come in everyday
Math Tutor - Statistics (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 10, 2018
i would prepare a table for the client i would tutor then wait for them to show up. i owuld greet them and bring to the area i set up and begin by asking them questions about thier day to relax them and then start on class work and see what the client was having trouble with and try to find different ways for them to understand the topic more learly then review over and over again wiht pratice to really get them to understand the idea they were learning.
Pros
chose which hours i wanted to work
Cons
limited amount of hours i could work
Good for College Students Needing a Little Extra Income
Welcome Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Working for the University is an excellent idea for any students looking to make a little extra money for school supplies, food, or activities. The environment is relaxed, fun, and involved. I would recommend.
Pros
Location, Short Hours, Study Time, Fun Environment
Cons
Low Pay