Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University Employee Reviews

Job Description
Lieutenant/Parking Manager (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 6, 2014
Over the day to day operations in the parking office.
Supervise 15 employees, monitor access control, update software, address problems as they arise.
Deal with customer conflicts.
Okay place to work.
Residence Life Custodian (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches,TXAugust 5, 2014
I run errands and clean restrooms. I've learned how to deal with a bed bug outbreak. Managers and co-workers are alright. The best part about the job is that it's not hard at all.
I was a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 24, 2014
I was in the forestry program, working toward a degree in the forestry field.
Pros
very professtional
Cons
the price
Great place to work!
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 7, 2014
Not many responsibilities
Very workable hours
Fantastic co-workers
Living at work with friends
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 29, 2014
I was a community assistant in a freshman hall at my university. I worked in Steen Hall, which was two towers tall and had a total of ten floors on each tower. I worked on the east side on the ninth floor which gave me the opportunity to work on the coed side. Every other morning I worked my desk shifts downstairs at the front desk so I would wake up and get dresses and ride the elevator down to work. It was nice literally living at work, but it was also so tiring because I was always there. That was probably the hardest part of the job, because I had to learn how to balance a full time schedule of classes, and a full time job. I felt like I could never get away from my boss, because he lived on the first floor. I had great coworkers and we had a lot of fun working together. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with my students on my floor and build relationships with them. I still talk to quite a few of them today.
Pros
friends everywhere, free food
Cons
living at work, never got a real break
Productive in every facet imaginable
Graduate Assistant - Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 18, 2014
Gave me the tools to assimilate and disseminate knowledge and grow not only as an educator but as a contributing citizen to society. The most enjoyable experience I have had to date.
Pros
everything
Fun and open environment
Safety and Aquatics Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoyed everything about SFA I had a student position so I was not making a lot of money, but it was by far the most enjoyable job that I have ever had.
CAROL IS AMAZING
Assistant for the Convention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Carol is the best boss. She is so fun to work for and really appreciated our hard work! Always taught me great life lessons as well as career goals
Awesome
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 6, 2014
What's better than sitting at a desk and getting paid to do your homework and help residents when they come in?
Productive and fun working environment.
Student Instructor for Microeconomics (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Work with a small group of students and teach them the principles of microeconomics.
Great learning and research environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 2, 2014
My Research advisor will and has done anything possible to advance my areas of research and provide materials and instruments to complete quality research in your field of choice.

I learned a variety of imaging techniques for thin films and nanostructures (i.e. SEM - EDS, AFM, STM) as well as methods to create quality thin films for devices such as my Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells of which my research entails.
Pros
flexible work hours (research)
Great job
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 4, 2013
Loved working for the university, but with like every state job, the pay was not what I needed.
Learning environment laid back and effective
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 3, 2013
- Thesis research, classwork, studying etc.
- Have learned more about how to learn, relying upon self-motivation and determination to complete a task
- Difficulty in addressing certain issues involving procedural time-frames due to inadequate leadership
- Able to have learned a multi-faceted approach to the geological sciences
Pros
free access to data, lab equipment, big office
Cons
leadership base is lacking
SFA is a Division I college with over 13,000 students.
Graduate Assistant (Athletics Marketing and PR) (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 24, 2013
I enjoyed working in NCAA Athletics Marketing the most out of all my previous jobs. Loved the atmosphere, the staff, and promoting all in house events.
Stephen F. Austin Education Department
Research Specialist and Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 14, 2013
What a wonderful place to work. I could not find advancement given that I graduated from there, but the time I was able to work there was extremely rewarding. It has an excellent family style setting and staff. They are also extremely scholarly driven, and I would recommend that anyone looking for a great place to live and work to check it out.
Pros
just about everything
Cons
kind of in the middle of nowhere
Working as a student while being a student, A+
Resident Advisor, Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 7, 2013
This was a rather typical job but it was able to let me focus as a student and also work around my schedule 24/7, I rather liked this job.
Great place for students to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 29, 2013
I loved working on campus when I was completing my undergraduate as well as graduate degrees at SFASU. They understand that school comes first and are willing to be flexible with your schedule.
Excellent learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 14, 2013
As a graduate assistant I learned invaluable lessons in research, data analysis, and data entry. I also gained an exceptional amount of experience in multitasking.
Good job for a student
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 27, 2013
It's a good job for a student because you can study at work most of the time.
Pros
study time
Cons
minimum wage
AARC Tutor
AARC Tutor (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 11, 2013
Great work environment. Highest paying student job on campus. Great boss. Plenty of training.

4.6