Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University Employer Reviews

Good part-time job
Student Aid (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Great while still in college. Flexible hours and interesting and multiple tasks to accomplish.
Helped enhanced social skills.
Residence Life Operation - Maintenance (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXOctober 25, 2012
Pros: meet new people everyday, free food, and special treatment.
Cons: minimum wage and hours.
Working at the university helped me learn a lot. It helped me adjust to different personalities, cultures, and views. I learned to respect everyone's ideas and how to abide by rules, even if they do not make sense. It helped me develop leadership skills when the opportunity came.
Good people, poor pay
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), nacogdoches, txOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: pay
good people poor pay. cant keep workers. professors are awesome students are awesome but president and regents don't support the university enough
Very Flexible work study program
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXAugust 21, 2012
Pros: gained skills in administration and built lasting relationships with faculty.
A typical day consisted of helping students to locate campus jobs and future careers through the university website and career services library. I would assist with any administrative duty that needed to be done by the department. I also helped to coordinate business and teacher job fairs. Our managers were great and we worked well together. Their isn't – more... anything hard about serving people to me. – less
Great job for somoeone who truly cares about University programs
Spirit Coordinator and Head Cheerleading Coach (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 21, 2012
Pros: good healthcare benefits
Cons: long and inconsistent hours
My current job required many hours of overtime, but working with the students on a daily basis was very rewarding.
I learned that every person has a different style of learning and communicating and in order to reach people you have to find out those styles and apply them.
Management was generally laid back, and once given a task, employees were excpted – more... to complete said task within the time allotted, to the highest standard.
My co-workers, much like myself, were generally all so involved in their areas that there was little to no time to form relationships.
The hardest part of the job was managing to fit in personal time for myself. With over 100 students looking to me for advice, daily office hours, daily practices, athletic events, performances and appearances several times per week, finding time to sit back and relax was a challenging, but necessary, time to work into my schedule.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my students. I absolutely love my students, and then program I work with. – less
Union but don't join. employees mistreated prices too high for what they offered.
Student (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 14, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great schedules
Cons: employees forced to work short-handed.
I loved this job. I worked in a kitchen that let me be as creative as supplies would allow. Children would come in on tours and I was allowed to let them decorate a small cake that they took with them. The students made this job fulfulling and their needs were offten overlooked because of profit inspite of high meal prices. I made tons of biscuits from – more... scratch, decorated cakes for all occasions which cause me to be creative on a zero budget. Popular trends were not possible because of no supplies to work with. I worked with weddings, receptions, and catering. This job gave me the confidence to start my own wedding business. – less
n/a
Geology Departmental Student Assistant (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 19, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
cool place to work!!! very flexible with ur schedules and hours .
Great School
Media Relations Graduate Intern (Former Employee), Athletics DepartmentMarch 11, 2012
SFA was a wonderful institution for graduate school. I really enjoyed the town as well as the school and its traditions.

About Stephen F. Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin State University (commonly SFA) is a public university located in Nacogdoches, Texas. Founded as a teachers' – Read more