Stephens Inc Employee Reviews

challenging but educational
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxOctober 23, 2017
My background was trading stocks, my experience was mostly on a trading desk. I had no experience as a sales asst. due to a company buyout I ventured into new ground.
Pros
salary + incentives
Cons
small company not a lot backup or training
Good ole boy network at its beat
Equity Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 30, 2017
I must admit, I had very high hopes for this Company when I first started given its reputation in the South as being a very distinguished investment bank. However, after a short time I qhickly figured out that the ones who get promoted are the ones who go duck hunting with the boss/dept heads...definitely not a meritocracy like most investment banks. Also, I found the caliber of employee to be mentally weak / unqualified, again, relative to other investment banks. I do not blame the employees...plenty of sharp people working there...the training is virtually non-existent. Disappointing place to work for sure, esp. given the low pay for the incredible travel commitments / high pressure nature of the job.
Pros
Excellent reputation
Cons
House of cards
work was fast paced and doing good work was fun.
Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 27, 2017
I was employed for 6 years. The first year was Accounting and I transferred to the first floor after a year. I had three bosses and handled each seperate phones and office work. I was paid every two weeks by Stephens and received commission twice a year from each one. I got to work early in the morning at 7 and left at 4 in the afternoon. Dress was professional.
Stephens is a great company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 6, 2017
Stephens is a great company. The company is filled with great employees who work together toward a common goal. Hard work and dedication is expected. The goal is to create a work product that supports the company and conforms to all legal and regulatory requirements relative to the work. The hardest part of the job in the Accounting Department is the volume of work and deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people you get to work with.
Pros
Free soft drinks, fair and honest company, great co-workers
Great Environment to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 3, 2017
Professional Environment. Room for advancement. Plenty of opportunities to excel in your skills. Family owned company who care about their employees.
I am thankful for having been a part of the staff
Officer, duties (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72201May 2, 2016
I am very thankful for my time with this company. I learned so much in the field of executive security. Management was always fair and respectful and was always inclusive of all the officers.
Productive and high in energy team players
Dividend Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 10, 2015
Enjoyed the work learning different ways about investment and rates. Office was a team environment even thought everyone had their own office space and work load we still had time to help one another. Management was great.
Pros
Fast past
Cons
No room for mistakes
Stephens Inc
Portfolio Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 11, 2014
Stephens is a great place to work. They provide excellent compensation and great benefits.
Best place to be employed in Little Rock!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 19, 2013
I completely enjoyed working for this company. The environment is professional, co-workers become like family.Highly recommend.
Pros
Excellent all around company
Cons
Are none.
A wonderful, fun and fast paced compmany!
Branch Administrators Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 25, 2012
As assistant to the Branch Administrator I was involved in every aspect of operations. Co-workers and management were all great to work for and with. I ran the front, was branch cashier and helped brokers when needed. I can't say there was a hard part of what I did. Great place to work, I'm sorry I left.
Pros
wonderful clients and co-workers, beautiful branch office
Cons
capped out on salary
Good comany to work for
Armed Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 28, 2012
I have enjoyed working at Stephens Inc. The pay is pretty good for my field and the benefits are outstanding. There is however very little opportunity for advancement in the security department and I have recieved my bachelor's degree in criminal justice and am looking to further advance in the criminal justice field.
Pros
free soda, great benefits, good pay
Cons
little room for advancement