Stepping Stones Employee Reviews in United States

Kids were great, Managment not so great.
Paraprofessoinal (Former Employee) –  Byron, GAOctober 4, 2015
The kids were great, very sweet. The work was pretty simple. A lot of rules to follow by though. Could not leave the room had to be two teachers in there at all time unless otherwise planned, had to call for a restroom break, could not leave if your child was sick only if they had someone to cover your room. Have to work in the room by your self during the summer with eighteen plus kids. Time off was not guaranteed. Other employees don't get back from break on time which means you cant leave til they get back.
Cons
No benfits, no raises
Stepping Stones Summer Camp
CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Ware Shoals, SCMarch 7, 2016
Stepping Stones Ministries inc. Summer camp provided a fun and safe environment for children. The camp provided educational oppurtunites as the children had one hour of instructional time, thirty minutes or reading time, and hours of physical activities that engaged in education. The camp highly influenced and encouraged christian values through the lessons being taught at the camp. The children were well taken care of as they were able to do various activities throughout the day. I really enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Working with Children, Keeping up physical fitness
Cons
diciplining children when needed (only in severe cases)
provides beneficial assistance for those in need
enatal health professional (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 27, 2016
Helping those who have a hard time helping themselves to recovery by educating and motivating them on how to implement beneficial coping skills need for everyday life and getting back to living independently in the community.
Pros
helping those whom have some diffiuclty helping themselves
Cons
not enough staff
empowering and humbling
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 13, 2016
my day involves helping those who are less fortunate than myself. sometimes it may be someone needing food, clothing or just to know someone cares.
Pros
seeing grateful people
Cons
seeing ungrateful people
A great place to get hands on training in healthcare providers
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Uhrichsville, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I learned that It's not an easy job where you can just come in and work. You have to stay busy keep the clients motivated and give them responsibilities to insure they are learning, what they need to learn in any home situation. The managers are great people to work with, they take their time to go around house to house, to solve any disputes or anything in that matter. The best part of this type of work is, watching the clients grow, learn, and enjoy themselves. You get to know these people on a personal level and you have a major impact on their lives, just as they do on you. Not only are they learning by what you are doing, you are learning from them. Different behaviors, life styles, and anything else that you may deal with them. Some co-workers don't understand that the clients are not used to regular life styles and need some guidance in everyday life. Over-all this a great job and learning experience. You get to enjoy the company of different people and they get the learning experience they need to grow into a great citizen they deserve to be.
Pros
Learning experience, Going to sporting events
Cons
Always on your toes, Up-holding responsibilities, Anger issues
No longer in business.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEJanuary 14, 2016
Not much advancement in the program. No longer in business. Unorganized company. Felt like I didn't get much supervision.
Good weekend job.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHApril 18, 2016
Serving the population of people with disabilities is fun and rewarding. We provide a weekend respite program for this population. We engage in different activities with them, giving them the "camp" experience.
learned a lot of new things
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 28, 2016
A good pay to start with and place to explore our capabilities. Interaction with people was an essential skill enhanced here.
This is a board position so it is not entirely easy to rate.
Drug Court Board of Directors (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 4, 2016
I have really enjoyed meeting and working along side the individuals on the board as well as drug court graduates and Criminal Justice Services.
Excellent opportunity to assist victims of Domestic Violence
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MADecember 6, 2015
I started volunteering several years ago for the Town Of Palmer, MA when they did comuunity programs for victims of Domestic Violence. I now assist the office of Steeping Sones, LLC with my computer skills, as well as assisting in the community events. The work is equally educational as well as fulfilling.
Pros
Great Experience!
Cons
Volunteering only available
Amazing job
Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 1, 2016
This is a wonderful part time job for after school/ part time work. Working with kids in an after school setting helping them complete their homework. planning crafts and activities with children aged from kindergarten to fifth grade.
Very Productive, easy going, and fun to be around
Volunteer Participant (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHDecember 24, 2014
I had to supervise the little for the most part and show them right and wrong. Then I played games with them and gave them there lunches when it was lunch time. I learned that even though the kids had disabilities they are still humans and should be treated the same like any other kid despite the disability. The management was great. My co- workers were very nice and polite and showed me how to do things that i may not have been too sure about and none of them never seem like they didn't like doing their job and really showed love to the kids. There wasn't really any hard parts to the job. Everything was enjoyable at the job just seeing the smiles on the kids faces was joy to me at the end of the day.
Pros
nice people, basketbball court, nice time for break
Great teaching staff
Childcare Professional/ Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CAJanuary 5, 2015
This school is dedicated to their children and families who they serve. They mostly make decision based on the best interest of the children. They focus on the children and how they want to operate, not so much on how they treat the employees. They could show more appreciation to the staff, they also need to follow state laws and not cut corners. The work environment overall is a positive one. Calling in sick and or asking for time off is very difficult, owners are not very understanding.
Pros
amazing famailies to work with, most co-workers are pleasant, free lunch
Cons
low paying job, little teacher appreciation, inconstant management, they become very upset when you are sick and need time off.
A busy, fun day spent with amazing people that put your skills to a challenge.
Weekend Respite Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2015
I absolutely love working at Stepping Stones. When working with people with disabilities, you always have to be on your toes. You never know what will come next in your day, but you love working with each and every one of them. It makes you smile to see them go home at the end of a weekend knowing you helped their families out and made the participant happy. The colleagues are amazing to work with, and it is a blast to go to every weekend.
love working with kids
1 year old & baby room teacher (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYNovember 14, 2012
I would go in get kids ready for breakfast. Then I would change theri diapers, then we would play, and do activities with the children. Then we would feed them and lay them down for a nap then repeat the routine in the afternoon. Then at 3;30 would get the kids ready for going home start making sure they was clean and diaper was clean.
Pros
get to leave on lunces
Cons
no schedule breaks no raises
Caring and great environment that put the needs of the children first.
Childcarer/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Sandy Bay, TASJune 3, 2012
Working for Stepping Stones in Sandy Bay was an amazing experience as a part of studies at the University of Tasmania. I felt the management acted accordingly in everything that was brought to their attention, the good and bad. The workers did not make me feel singled out even though I was the only male worker there at the time. I had a chance to meet the CEO a few times when he came and he gave the impression that he put the needs of the children first, employees second, and his needs last. I highly recommend working for this company to anyone who is seeking employment in the Sandy Bay, Tasmania area.
Pros
great environment, location, and accomodated the hours i needed to work.
love working with others as a team.
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work for me is knowing that i have made a difference in someone's life.
What i learned is how to set boundaries with everyone involved. i have learned a lot from management and my co-workers as a team.
the hardest part of the job is when someone uses drugs and you have to refer them to other places and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing i helped someone.
Pros
the pros are awesome setting
Cons
when a client uses and not referred out
A day in Stepping Stones
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 8, 2014
I was a Teacher's Aide at Stepping Stones. I worked mainly with toddlers.

I have learned a lot about children, how to take care of multiple children at once.

I enjoyed my co workers, as they all tried very hard and cared about the children, as I did.

Management tried to do a good job, but the whole business was out of control. Business ethics were extremely poor, and that was the hardest part about working there. I saw a lot of things that were not safe or sanitary, and was very uncomfortable being a part of that.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children. Getting to watch them grow. They were so much fun!
Interesting work environment
Resident Supervisor Asst (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMay 24, 2015
Stepping Stones is a halfway house/detox facility.
Do random drug tests/ PBTs.
Do hourly walkarounds for security purposes.
Conduct random inspections.
Monitor detox client vitals.
Observe clients/ document behaviors.
Dispense meds as prescribed.
Hardest part of the job was to not get personally involved with clients. (some would try to manipulate you.)
Dealing with intoxicated people is tricky.
Most enjoyable part was seeing people who made it through the program and successfully re-entered soiciety.
In a 24 hour shift there, I find myself singing in the morning.
Weekend Staff Relief (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2012
I arrive and check in with staff about the clients that reside there. I tend to the administrative duties. I drug test and witness these women in recovery. Working there enlarges my capacity for compassion. I am learning about, and inspired by women recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. The hardest part of the job is when someone relapses, and I have to get them out of the house in fifteen minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing about their personal triumphs.
Pros
it is a great part-time job. i am helping my community.
Cons
no health benefits, low pay, i need full-time work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stepping Stones. Our community is ready to answer.