Stepping Stones

Stepping Stones Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Child Advocate (Current Employee), Medford, WIMarch 18, 2015
I continue to work here It is a very positive work environment. I encourage anyone looking for a fun fast past environment to see if this would be a fit for them.
productive and fun work place
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), sunderland, mdMarch 3, 2015
Pros: built relationships with children and their families
Cons: poor management
9 hour day, 1 hour lunch break, not so great management, loved the kids and families, coworkers were a big family, summer was full of new activities and trips
A very caring environment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 24, 2015
They try to help everyone that comes there for treatment! Always extra training. They work around your school schedule. A very supportive environment.
The hardest part is trying to help someone that doesn't want help. And the best thing is actually being able to get through to someone that does want help.
A place that cares
CDC/Shelter Manager/Intake Coordinator/CM (Current Employee), Houlton, MEJanuary 6, 2015
Working for Stepping Stones has furthered my knowledge and there is always something different taking place. Stepping Stones cares about the clients they work with.
Great teaching staff
Childcare Professional/ Lead Teacher (Current Employee), La Palma, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: amazing famailies to work with, most co-workers are pleasant, free lunch
Cons: low paying job, little teacher appreciation, inconstant management, they become very upset when you are sick and need time off.
This school is dedicated to their children and families who they serve. They mostly make decision based on the best interest of the children. They focus on the children and how they want to operate, not so much on how they treat the employees. They could show more appreciation to the staff, they also need to follow state laws and not cut corners. The work environment overall is a positive one. Calling in sick and or asking for time off is very difficult, owners are not very understanding.
Very Productive, easy going, and fun to be around
Volunteer Participant (Former Employee), Tipp City, OHDecember 24, 2014
Pros: nice people, basketbball court, nice time for break
Cons: no
I had to supervise the little for the most part and show them right and wrong. Then I played games with them and gave them there lunches when it was lunch time. I learned that even though the kids had disabilities they are still humans and should be treated the same like any other kid despite the disability. The management was great. My co- workers were very nice and polite and showed me how to do things that i may not have been too sure about and none of them never seem like they didn't like doing their job and really showed love to the kids. There wasn't really any hard parts to the job. Everything was enjoyable at the job just seeing the smiles on the kids faces was joy to me at the end of the day.
Good summer job to have before student teaching
Unit Leader (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: work with a variety of ages/abilities
Cons: low pay, not enough behavioral training
I am grateful for the experience I had working here. It was one of the hardest summers of my life but it solidified my belief that I am in the right field. I worked here before taking a lot of my SPED classes so I did not have much experience working with children/teens with special needs. There were a lot of challenges but I now know how to handle those better. My co-workers were mainly other college students, most of whom were also in an educational field or something related. I loved seeing my campers make strides and learn new things, it was very rewarding and gave my work purpose.
love working with others as a team.
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Joliet, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: the pros are awesome setting
Cons: when a client uses and not referred out
A typical day at work for me is knowing that i have made a difference in someone's life.
What i learned is how to set boundaries with everyone involved. i have learned a lot from management and my co-workers as a team.
the hardest part of the job is when someone uses drugs and you have to refer them to other places and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing i helped someone.
Workplace
Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXSeptember 9, 2014
On a regular day at work is making sure everything is disinfected and kept cleaning, making sure all the kids are feed around snack time and making sure they wash their hands, play games and do fun activities, basically monitor the kids. There nothing really hard about this job, if you love working with kids shouldn't have a problem.
Great learning for kids
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Copperas cove, TXAugust 6, 2014
Kids were fun to work with
Low morale in work place
need to increase pay rates for workers
needs new buikding
Great place to learn
Intern (Former Employee), Huntington, NYMay 9, 2014
It was great place to learn how a PROS programs works. It helped me understand a lot of the PROS guidelines.
A day in Stepping Stones
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNMarch 8, 2014
I was a Teacher's Aide at Stepping Stones. I worked mainly with toddlers.

I have learned a lot about children, how to take care of multiple children at once.

I enjoyed my co workers, as they all tried very hard and cared about the children, as I did.

Management tried to do a good job, but the whole business was out of control. Business ethics were extremely poor, and that was the hardest part about working there. I saw a lot of things that were not safe or sanitary, and was very uncomfortable being a part of that.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children. Getting to watch them grow. They were so much fun!
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2014
• Assist with intake, evaluation, treatment planning and documentation of clients with co-occurring disorders.
• Conduct psychosocial assessments, advocacy, and long-term counseling services
• Facilitate individual, group and family counseling for children, adolescents and adults
• Implement therapeutic interventions to assist clients in living more productive and effective lives
flexible independent work environment
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: flexible independent work
Cons: unsteady work
Assisting youth in achieving academic goals. Tutoring and mentoring high school students in their home and creating lesson plans to aid in scholarly achievement.
Great work experience in LiveText and Special Education
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), California PADecember 27, 2013
Pros: diversity, interdependent co-workers
Cons: graduate assistant position, no advancement
Great office to work in. Helped students with LiveText, as well as any technical applications or jobs. Learned what it takes to run a college department. Co-workers were great and knowledgeable as well as helpful.
Productive and spend time with the kids
Daycare Assistant (Current Employee), Sunderland, MDOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: some staff
A typical day at work would be giving the kids their meals/snacks cleaning bathrooms,sinks,classrooms,kitchen, and counters. I learn something new everyday from the kids and staff. Normally my job will let me go early because i get everything done. There is not really a hard part of my job. I love what I do so it is easy to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending one on one time with the kids and talking to parents about how their child's day was.
A productive, but fun work environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee), White Bluff, TNSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: office work, great hours
Cons: no insurance or any kind of benefits
Stepping Stones has taught me so much over the last four years. I have worked my way up to the assistant Director. I love all the paper Work I do every day along with the office duties.Every day I come in file papers make copies , write newsletters, contact parents make schedules, pay roll , all office duties, Organize
Great Customers
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: hard work but fun
Cons: district managers not ethical
Fun place to work. Interact daily with ladies helping them put together outfits for all occasions. Had a lot of teachers. I was the store manager.
An excellent team of co workers who work extremely hard in support of the mission.
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee), South Portland, MESeptember 7, 2013
Pros: flexible working schedule, ecellent benfit and compensaiton package
Cons: needs improvment on work-life balance
A growing agency that is adjusting to the changing state funding environment.
great activities
Teacher (Former Employee), woodlands, txMay 14, 2013
I loved the different activities we were able to do with the after schoolers during the summer.