StepStone Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced
Red coat (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Overall a decent hospitality company to work for. I currently work at their Marriott Minneapolis property. Good management in some departments. Awesome co-workers(associates) made the work days good. No micromanaging. A great place to gain experience.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, advancement, ability to roam
Cons
Pay, lots of long days, management in some departments
managable work hours with great benefits, pay is low..
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 27, 2016
overall I have to say the work is heavy but the benefits are lovely. To be Honest, the work doesn't amount to the pay rate. For the amount of labor we put in on a daily, as well as the amount of work we send and sell to major businesses and corporations, you'll think they'll pay their employees top wage we deserve. We nearly do construction work, we even make material for construction workers so they can have work to work on, and we don't get paid as half as much as they do.... Good people. Bad pay rate.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
horrible pay
Good Work/Life Balance
Real Estate Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
While just an intern, I did not work crazy hours like some of the analysts. However, I have heard from them that they still have a good work/life balance. The company is big (11 global locations) but the offices are small (~30 in NYC) which allows for a good team environment. Everyone knows each other and as far as I know, we all get along.
Pros
free snack/drinks in very nice kitchen, wine hour on thursdays
Great office environment and internship program
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 5, 2016
StepStone has a large internship program and accordingly relies on its interns for important analysis. The research side is more involved quantitative analysis, while the M&R side is more data entry. They recently relocated to an office with a nice ambiance and an assorted snack/break room. There is a large gap between upper management and analysts/interns so its somewhat difficult to move up in the hierarchy.
Overall very positive experience
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 10, 2016
Great culture, strong work ethic, and high quality people. Limited advancement for interns, but great place to get exposure to the private equity space.
Great company that cares for their employees
Assist the General Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 13, 2014
The company is small, but growing. They have a great corporate team that cares for each and every team member.
Excellent company to work for. Great work ethics. Team players.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2013
The company works as a team. A typical day is not typical and can be a learning experience.
stepsone inc
Manufacturing technician (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 9, 2013
stepstone inc is a very good place to work, they give you good benifits, they treat everybody the same, i get along with all my co-workers, the hardest part of this job is everything because its hard labor almost everything is heavy pick up. the most enjoyable thing is our brake becase we play soccer with some of our co-workers.
Pros
we get free food atleast one a month
Cons
they got good benifits
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 5, 2012
StepStone is a great company with great leadership at corporate level and you can reach anybody on the Executive Board whenever you need. The problem comes with individual hotel's amangement team. The GM acts completely different when corporate is in house. It becomes confusing to associates when this happens.
Pros
great atmosphere, leader's always available.
Cons
long hours, lack of appreciation on a local level.