Stereotypes (stereotypes.fm) is a new social music startup, and we're hiring music-loving full-stack PHP developers.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack web application engineer to complete a 3-person Engineering Team and help us build the next iteration of the Stereotypes platform. We're looking for a smart, organized, delivery-minded engineer who loves working with others to build cool stuff. Passion for social products, music products and hacking are a must.
We're a New York startup with two technical cofounders (ex-Shazam, ex-Google) relocating to Austin for 3 months. You would join the team for a 3-month contract (Jan 1 - Mar 31) to help evolve Stereotypes before a launch at SXSW in mid-March. If things work out well, there's an opportunity to continue on with us in New York afterwards.
You should be an expert in (and have dreams about):
- application architecture and design
- writing and shipping quality, testable code at web scale
- OO PHP development & architecture
- ORMs & MySQL performance
- working with external APIs
- web application performance
- launching products and features to the masses
- delighting users
You should know about (and get excited about):
- consumer music applications (iTunes, Spotify, Last.fm, Rdio, Songza)
- sharing music recommendations
- Amazon Web Services
- front-end functionality and limitations (jQuery, CSS)
- Lean Startup methodologies
If this sounds like you, please drop us a note.