Stericycle Inc

Stericycle Inc Employer Reviews

fun place to work great job
Route Driver (Former Employee), okc oklahomaFebruary 21, 2014
The management was great. My co worker were pretty fun to work with. The wages were fair and benefits were great also. The job was not that hard it was just the customers were not the best at the safety precautions need to keep everyone safe.
low pay dangerous work if your a plant worker
plant worker (Former Employee), hollister cFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: nothing unless your in the office
Cons: smell, management, low wage
Cons--Had to take a hepatitis shot /dealing with medical waste/heavy labor they said in job description must be able to lift 55 lbs .some weighed over 150 you will get injured with the repetition heavy lifting. I'm glad I left..and if u speak up management will let you go..people come and go at this place..
good company to work for
Healthcare Sustainability Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed my work period...
A typical day working at Stericycle would include... well my typical day... I was in charge of own destiny, which proved to be beneficial for the company. I will add that I didn't mind it either. I learned to become my own boss and I was in turn very independent, which proved to be beneficial for the company. management did not really interfere with – more... my daily routine, because I was responsible enough to get the job done. There were no hard parts because I enjoyed my work. That was it... I enjoyed my work. – less
productive and fun workplace
bilingual call center agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2014
productive and fun workplace.

Learn how to deal with customers

practice more than one language
Productive and always busy
1st Shift Lead (Former Employee), Eaton Park, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pretty repetitive work. Basically a of 6-8 guys working for 8+ hours to clean product and make orders. Very hot and loud due to the machines we use.
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free coffee/tea
Cons: short breaks
Stericycle was a company that helped customers dispose of medical waste. I would assist customers with billing issues and schedule/cancel pick ups.

I worked well with co workers and management.

I truly enjoyed working with customers in helping them get their issues resolved. To hear the smile of a customer at the end of the call would assure me this – more... is a job I enjoyed doing! – less
Great Job
Sharps Service Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: got to work at the hospital
Cons: very hard to get supplies
I really like this job. The minimal supervision got to my head an I made a Mistake.
It was a fast pace job great company to work for ..
Plant Worker (Former Employee), Winona, MN.January 30, 2014
Pros: great company to work for as a whole. the company takes care of the employee.
Cons: unfortunatly the older employee were resistant to the change that the company was going through .
Started off the morning getting prepared for the day by putting trailers into docks and unload trailers. The containers would be brought out from the trailer to a conveyor then sent do to a tracking system to be scanned and recorded. Then was sent down another conveyor to a dumping station to be dumped huge open containers that were fork lifted and – more... put an autoclave to be steamed for 35 min and then dumped in to a dumpster. The containers that were dump were sent down another conveyor to a washing system. They were ran through this system and brought out the other end to be dried and stack and reloaded back on the trailer. – less
past time job
call center (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: potlucks ... i don't participate
Cons: shorts breaks, grace period is 5 mintues
too much to do with a low pay, management is not all that great benefits are so so, great co-workers but too much gossip, over night shift sucks, no raise for bi-lingual people, raise is upon performance and capabilty, but with new owner it's only one pay rate. no pto check out; you either use it when it's possible or lose it.
A typical day at work
NotifyMD Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay or hours
A typical day at work was talking to angry people who were frustrated about their insurance plans and benefits
Great Compamy
Field Waste Characterization Supervisor (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Great company to work for - advancement opportunities the only downside is mid level mgrs / supervisors are looked to perform two full time job duties
Sweat much?
Sharps Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: the list reads like "war and peace".
This is a labor intensive job but it doesnt have to be. Your title is "sharps specialist" but "plowhorse" is more like it. All you do all day, every day, is pull/push a heavy cart all over a huge hospital, changing out sharps containers. All of the other service type positions at the hospital use electric pull-type carts, but Stericycle prefers its – more... employees to go home with gigantic hernias. Also you walk probably 3-5 miles a day with these carts that can weigh up to 500 lbs.
To top things off, i never received my final paycheck from this company. That's how they roll. – less
Very reliable
Billing Clerk Senior (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2014
great place to work. I have learn a lot in this company, the only thing con I have is that it is hard to move up in my field since our corporate office is another state.
na
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2014
I was at call center then went warehouse to do data entry which was great consistent work
Only for entry level workers
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: commission checks at end of the month
Cons: everything else but commission checks
Stericycle is a great place to begin your career, but I would not recommend staying longer than a year. They don't develop you into roles that will allow you to be successful outside your position. If you want to be in sales by all means this is the place to be, but if your goal oriented this is not the place for you
Good experience for a career switch
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2014
I really liked this job other than the fact that I worked there through a temp agency. My assignment along with many others didn't last as long as intended. I want to stay in this job field.
Excellent collaborative work culture which makes you feel like you are with family
SDS-MOD Customer management (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Good company for full time.
good domain to work
good management
matured development process
Unreasonable sweat shop
Software developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: ok compensation level
0 management ethics
0 work/life balance

Unreasonable deliverable and dates, micromanagement, constant unnecessary pressure.
good
Product Processor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
It was my first job out of highschool so having a office job was nice. I learned alot and its the ideal job.
Fun place to work and had good team support.
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee), North Brook IllinoisJanuary 7, 2014
Handled calls daily and made sure customers problems were solved.

About Stericycle Inc

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, Stericycle treats medical rubble. A leading medical and pharmaceutical waste management company, – Read more