Stericycle Employee Reviews in United States

Fun friendly place to work. Benefits from working from home.
Healthcare & Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILJune 22, 2016
I would assist over 72 different offices with medical compliance in addition to approving any medical bills for payment.
I learned what it was like to travel for a company.
Management was helpful and friendly.
Co-workers were always will to assist with any questions.
Hardest part of the job having to travel last minute.
Most enjoyable part of the job I got to travel to places I've never been and the benefit from working remotely.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Last minute travel

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience as a former Team Member. Stericycle is a great place for Team Members to learn and grow in their roles, and we're happy to hear that you definitely experienced that in your time with us.

Horrible place
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJune 17, 2016
Horrible place to work for. The company says they are a family but all they care about is themselves and not the employees.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Dont work there!!! Everyone is so two faced, its sickening

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry to hear your experience didn't match our other Team Members' experience. We truly value all of the work our Team Members do and in return, we maintain a work environment where Team Members are supported in their roles.

1 on 1 meetings every month/Management is perfect.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at Stericycle because they were very organized and attentive to our needs. We had lots of pitch-ins and management made us feel important, took the job real serious and when we needed to improve on something for example call duration, call percentages, etc... Our managers were there to help us improve on what we needed.

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your great experiences as a former Team Member out of Indy. What you described is the exact embodiment of our One Team, One Goal core value. We know that our best ideas come from all our Team Members, which is why we value your feedback so highly.

Route driver
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 15, 2016
This is a very hard company to work for. Long hours, HEAVY HEAVY LIFTING. Your being timed on every stop, you only have a certain amount of time to do the pick up and delivery. You get about 15 to 18 stops a day. If you go over the time in each stop they will question you. You are on the move all day, you don't even have time for lunch. Very smelly and dirty job. You pick up 90 pound barrels, sometimes they are leaking blood or other medical waste. This is not an easy job, very stressful and heavy. Too much work for the wages paid.
Pros
Cons
Lots of heavy lifting all day.
Not Recommended
Sr. Patient Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 14, 2016
HR lied to hire and then denied their lies once we were brought in and looked to have the schedules and job duties discussed in the interview. They are a very unethical organization in many ways. The call center itself is crowded and unorganized...The energy of the entire place is very negative and inappropriate. If you are sensitive to nonsense or you have any decency, this place may offend you.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Everything else.
I was a job to get by on.
Messaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ferguson, MOJune 14, 2016
The customer was the best part of this job. I didn't to much care for the way the management team spoke to their team. They did not offer enough hours to make the pay worth it.

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value all sorts of feedback because it allows us to know what's working and where we can improve. We know that our Team Members are the key to Stericycle's success and we show our appreciation through a number of ways, whether it's offering great benefits packages, incentives, or even our strong company culture.

a job that teaches you to adapt to different situations
Sharps management specialist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 9, 2016
A regular day is walking and service every bio hazard sharps container throughout the hospital. Stericyle gave me a chance to better develop my self management and social skills. the company also gave me a since of job security because the more you know how to do the more the company value your services. My manager was very firm but understanding to the employee's lives and situations. The most difficult thing about the job was trying to accommodate customers on situations that are last minute. I loved everything about stericycle and would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
self pace, travel
Cons
No Overtime

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We love to hear from all our Team Members, both current and former, because we know that they're the driving force behind Stericycle's success. Feedback like yours keeps us on the path to Continuous Improvement as we continue to grow as a company.

Good at first
Technical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 8, 2016
Was a good company years back but they are growing to fast to still support there systems/sites. They do pay considerably well. Management is at a loss, Some were good,

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We welcome feedback of all kinds because it lets us know what we're doing right and how we can continue down our path of Continuous Improvement. One of the things we're proud of at Stericycle is our track record of successful growth and we're grateful to our dedicated Team Members who make that happen.

Must account for every minute of the day.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 31, 2016
I worked in the Itasca location. The management is laid back to the point of being unprofessional and they will not go to bat for their drivers, against upper management and HR. If you aren't a 100% motivated Stericycle suck up, you are marked. They do not harp on times when you start, but after a few weeks, they want you to be keeping up with their ROADNET, computer program, which dictates what your travel and service times should be, on a daily basis. If you are a driver, you have probably heard of ROADNET. If you do not mirror the dictated times, you are removed.
My advice, unless your young, and don't care about your safety, keep looking.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Weak management. ROADNET. They put your safety at risk, by expecting you to adhere to unrealistic times.
Difficult to have a work life balance
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 28, 2016
Many hours required. High stress level. Many system to work in. Maturity of office is very young. Highly dedicated people though.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Many systems to work in

Want to know more about Stericycle?

Ask a question
Quick Money
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2016
I am a current employee at stericycle and i can say stericycle is a great job if you want to earn some quick cash especially if you take on some hours in the evenings or work weekends but as far as making it a career i don't think. The things i like about stericycle is the flexibility. That's pretty much it. The things i dislike about the company is the main manager is never in the office, you have team leads that don't do nothing but gossip about people. The accounts can be difficult and no the pay sucks.
Don't do it
Customer Service Expert (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2016
This place is the pits the mangers are childish and the pay sucks. They half train you. I HATE IT. Run people!!!!!!!!!!! This place is the worst.
good things
Plant Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2016
again with this... so you're making me do another thing because I couldn't get my password to my old account... okay well hopefully this is enough words
The Fate of Stericycle
The joke is I was an "EXPERT", treated (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 71 st StreetMay 18, 2016
The WORST ran company I have ever seen, equipment rarely works such as phones and other phone equipment , screens have gone blank while the Customer Service Rep is on the phone with the customer, quality scoring makes no sense, it is based on STRICTLY FOLLOWING A SCRIPT , no room to treat the customer as a person, perpetuated dialing to customers whom clearly said "DO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE!!!

From a business aspect , the company is not a transparency company , too many investors to stay afloat, you can feel you are not an employee of Stericycle once you are employed by them , you belong to the investors , it is ran mostly by men , IT comes out on the floor to look and marvel at the temps , they stare at you and make you feel uncomfortable, I have overheard managers talking about the people on their teams, disrespecting the temps and really running the company in a very bad way.
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
WORST-bedbugs, huge turnover, desks are very nasty, break rooms are disgusting, coffee grinds on the floor from pots of coffee being made, sticky microwave door handles
A young company that has grown quickly and successfully to be an industry leader.
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2016
Stericycle is focus on an important need within healthcare. All waste streams within healthcare must be managed within the state and federal regulations. This is an important and complicated task. Stericycle has become an industry leader in this field.
Pros
Good benefis
Cons
Training is weak.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2016
Clock into work process orders hardest part of my job was the environment and the way I was trained and the way I was treated ffrom my peers to the supervisors.Stressful yet productive.
A terrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 13, 2016
Expect back stabbing associates and a weak management team. They don't need to be good because the "shady" business model keeps customers, prisoner. As a sales rep, you're simply getting practice managers and nursers to sign an "agreement" that constantly increases (without reason) and is close to impossible to get out of... after five years. NOTHING feels or is good about this job. Sorry but, any idiot can work for Stericycle. It was a great idea back in the 80's but became compromised by greed and weak leadership. STAY AWAY!
Pros
uh, nothing!
Cons
A pathetic business model that is only good for the owners.
Fun place to work
Project Manager/Chemist (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 11, 2016
No micro managing. Provided an atmosphere to grow without pressure. Provided on hand experience with hazardous waste management and DOT regulations.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance
Cons
Low compensation
Stay away you will work 12 hour days and they will want it done in 10
Driver (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 10, 2016
Very fast paced job you won`t even get time to take lunch. They have a program called road net which tells you when you should get to each stop, how long you should be there, and how long the route should take for the whole day. You have to be superman here to get the route done when road net says so. Hours start very early 430 am and can end 700 pm.. Upper management could care less about the employees, all they do is sit in front of computer and watch your every move on your scanner. Coworkers are good people, friendly and hard working. Don't waste your time here, look elsewhere.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
smell of the medical waste. management could care less about employees
Union Shop
Transportation Management / Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAMay 7, 2016
Company treats management like the enemy. The union runs the business. No discipline. We are just a number. The turn over is really bad.
Cons
No upper management support

2.9