Stericycle Employee Reviews

Good place to work for
Inside Sales Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 16, 2017
It was a great first job, people were nice, wiling to train, management was nice. had competitive pay and you were compensated as such. Great culture and tried to make the closing week fun. Just had a high turnover rate.
Worst Environment
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 15, 2017
typical work day consisted of meetings that were not needed and only took you off the phone. Quota's were increased on a monthly bases based on how the team did as a whole. No consistent communication from upper management
Decent workplace.all the gatorade you can drink.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 15, 2017
Hot in the summer,and cold in the winter.you would get uniforms,working was kinda laid back,nobody really bothers as long as your working.company outings were great.
Pros
Free gatorade and coffee
Cons
No ac.
Everyday Mundane Job
Sharps Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 14, 2017
If your are looking for a job in which you do the same thing over and over and over again, then this is the job for you. If you want to move up this is not the job for you.
A great place to work
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJune 13, 2017
I was just recently hired and currently in pod training answering customer calls before going on the floor. The company is a great place to work for. The managers, team leads, mentors etc are very helpful always willing to take the time to throughtly explain everything to you. Everyday I am learning new things and love being able to help the customer. The atmosphere is amazing everybody is so nice and helpful. Unlike most call centers they actually perfer quality over quantity and want to make sure the customer are taken care of properly. They allow you ample time to take care of your after call work. Stericycle does care alsoabout their employees great benefit, good pay and so much more. I can definitely see myself staying with them until i retire.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, atmosphere
I would rather not
Small Quantities Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 13, 2017
Respectfully decline to comment on my experience at Stericycle. I was transitioned into a position after Shred-it was acquired. My previous position was eliminated due to the organization's restructuring. Then, after being in my new position for 6 months that position was also eliminated.
Enjoyable atmosphere
IS Technical Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 11, 2017
A typical day here is nothing special. I have enjoyed working for the company.
I've learned and pushed a great deal into areas I never saw myself.
Management has been a roller coaster for me. Mostly just the luck of the draw type thing. When I was shifted in the company or management was changed, someone from the executive levels personally told myself or the team nothing was going to change or harm our jobs.
Workplace culture is casual and enjoyable. The people are what have made me want to stay for as long as I have. I am just finding limited growth into the fields I want to pursue and finding myself in the waiting game. (Waiting game = Until someone leaves I wouldn't get promoted and the people in the roles for infrastructure, network, and telephony aren't leaving or shifting in the company anytime in the near future.)
The hardest part of my job currently is learning all the financial terms and redlining of contracts which is not my field of expertise. I also find the corporate building to be lacking and they really need to consider upgrading/renovating the entire building to fit the business needs.
The most enjoyable part of my job has definitely been the people working there and the casual atmosphere. Both with people and the dress attire.
Pros
Culture and people are enjoyable, Growth into fields you wouldn't normally see yourself doing.
Cons
Lacking in fields I would like to pursue a career in
Poor management on a local level
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJune 10, 2017
I worked for this company for 13 years because I was able to take care of the people that I hired and I was well compensated because of my work record. the HR department needs a lot of work and the local management team in place is very weak.
Drug recall warehouse
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2017
Supervisor at work and trained new employees when we had new classes to help get things started. I would do spreadsheets and reports for all employees and their statistics for flow of work. Send/receive new product for our employees to process.
Pros
good pay and liked being in charge
Cons
change in management fired all management
hatfield is a bad place to work
specialty waste tec (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAJune 7, 2017
The hatfield division is bad place to work especially under ralph garrillo he is the worst manager i ever had he is unfair and condescending follows the rules when it suits him and don't when it doesn't .I would still work for stericycle if was not for him stericycle is a great place to work except under ralph garillo if it wasn't for ralph i would not have looked for other work
Pros
good pay
Cons
to many to list in hatfield
If you want to be micro managed this is the place for you
Driver (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 5, 2017
I did not mind the job I did it for 2 years the managers are Micro Managers I've just came to do my job and go home they would find things wrong to protect their jobs when I started the job they said no weekends then they tried forcing weekends told me 1 to two overnights a week they stress one team one goal not at all I was out four nights a week I do not recommend that place at all
Poor Work Life Balance/ Little to No Training
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 3, 2017
Since a recent acquisition the company has a poor work life balance. Promotions were given to individuals who don't know the job and their subordinates are training them.The ratio of employees to staff to handle the workload is unreal. Managers expect employees to work many additional hours to keep up with the work load. Little to no regard is given to the fact that some employees have families and other obligations. Proper training is rarely provided to give employees the tools needed to be successful in their job. This is especially true in the human resources department. The average work week is 6 days and no less than 10 hours a day. Some of the supervisors and managers play favorite's; while holding those they don't like to a certain standard, others are allow to do what ever they want without question. The benefits at Stericycle are probably some of the better provided by an employer, but they are not worth the stress.
Benefits
Cons
Management, work/life balance and double standards
Good Company but its just not in my field
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJune 2, 2017
A great company to work for with a good benefit package and tuition reimbursement. The pace of the job is more relaxed then I prefer. Also the commute I do everyday is too much for me. It's been hard balancing life/work, being a single parent.
Ready for a Change
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2017
Working from home as a Customer Service Rep on the late night shift can be a challenge. Working as a Massage Therapist is a true passion of mine and I enjoy being able to help rid any pain or discomfort through massage. Although Massage Therapy is a passion I have, I'm ready for a change. Looking forward to working for a company that will appreciate my hard work and dedication.
ok place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Haw River, NCMay 30, 2017
need more training for employee's and better rate of pay. This could be a great place to work but need more emphasis placed on training and less on acquisitions.
Good call center starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2017
This job is perfect to develop call center experience. Helps you to be able to get experience in a call center environment and helps you learn how to multi-task.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
Strongly recommend this job, great work place. i love this place, i just wanted to try something new but overall its a beautiful place to work.... ...
A Great Stepping Stone Company
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 24, 2017
A great stepping stone company with all levels of employment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat in the summer and the cold during the winter.
It is a laid back place to work, Benefit is you work from home.
Customer Care Expert/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2017
Typical day at work, you answer 100s of calls daily, and deal with
patients and doctors. This job will teach you patience, empathy, sympathy. Managers here really care about their employees. Hardest part of the job is wanting to help, when it's out of your hands. Easiest part of the job is flexibility.
Great company, need raises
Escalations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 23, 2017
Love the company, their core values and vision. Great benefits, but it does not pay well or recognize individual talents.
No bonuses or Christmas gifts. Could invest more in their people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9