Stericycle Employee Reviews

Great working atmosphere
Executive Assistant to CIO (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 15, 2017
The company is a good company to work for. Must be patient as the infrastructure is going through reorganization. Everyone is willing to help and answer questions which is needed.
Pros
Management care about employees
Cons
They a better healthcare plan with lower cost to the employee
All about greed
IT / IS Operations Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2017
Upper management, lied, manipulated, and let go people who had been with NNC Group for 17 years. I watched as one by one the upper management positions were replaced by individuals who had no idea what the person they replaced did. It was a huge team spirit killer. People walking around crying, as they watched people they worked with and respected for decades let go like they meant nothing. No farewell, no goodbye, it was done late a night under the guise of a 'meeting'. People just vanished. Very sad.
Pros
Cons
Horrid work enviroment
Its a decent place to work
Answering Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Dunmore, PAAugust 15, 2017
over all its a decent place to work, it has it's stressful moments. I think if you don't ever mess up on a call, you'll be find, Cause their clients are more important, after all, no client to answer for no employee to hire.
Pros
401k, hsa, work from home
Cons
short break, no paid lunch, overlook your good and focus on the bad
Needs improvements on workplace morale
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wantagh, NYAugust 14, 2017
I've been an employee in the call center with this company for over a decade. They don't provide any growth or advancement opportunities. There are unfair pay increases or lack there of. There motto is "One team one goal" when it's nothing like that at all. In my opinion this location has LOW MORALE IN THE WORKPLACE.
Upper management and supervisors ignore your requests and have absolutely poor communication with their teams. They do not follow through with yearly review goals. To many people in management and not enough on the floor getting actual work don't. Ex: taking and dispatching calls. The have young kids as team leads who are unable to provide adequate guidance when you're in need of assistance.
There IT department has a horrible turn around time when it comes to getting an issue resolved. You are required to create a ticket which is usually responded to within three weeks if you're lucky.
On a daily basis you are taking messages or in my case dispatching calls for 8 plus hours. The hardest part of the job can vary from call to call. Keep in mind this is a medical answering service so you can hear a lot of sad information
regarding patients.
I have learned not to take other people's frustration personally. Always place yourself in someone else's shoes. We get a lot of angry callers and it has nothing to do with us but them needing to vent. It has made me a better listener.
Overall working in the call center is for high school and college aged young adults. This is not a career nor should be looked at like one unless you know someone to help you get
  more... ahead. Hard work and overall quality assurance is not looked at or rewarded.  less
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Lack of communication from team leads and supervisors, NO advancement opportunities, poor increases, no holiday bonus, rushed training, mandatory weekends and holidays, hard to get approved time off, seniority means nothing other than getting to work overnight on holidays ex: Christmas, New Years ...
ok
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 14, 2017
All agents were in offices company was bought out all agent were sent home very eazy low maintenance job answering calls no cold calling. Overall OK company to work for.
Pros
work from home
Cons
managment
Fun place to eitk
Occupational safety consultant (Former Employee) –  CTAugust 12, 2017
Awesome place to work. Paid training. Company very rnployee friendly can call upper management if there are any questions they are also customer oriented.
Pros
Friendly work rnvironment
Cons
1099 employee
Great benefits
Field Admin (Former Employee) –  Kansas City KSAugust 11, 2017
Work on paperwork and unbilled revenue. I entered in all invoices that came in to the facility and did all the paperwork that came in from all over the country.
Pros
Employees
Poor management
Administrative Assistant / Inventory Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2017
Management at the warehouse was very cut throat and unethical the time that I was employed there. Room for advancement was slim and very political for this company.
Productive, and easy, but a favoritism atmosphere. If your'e different from them, they treat you different.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 8, 2017
Good job, I would work there again, but I would hate to start all over, because they really make you work for the raises and look for any reason to reduce the amount of the raise.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, pay is ok.
Cons
Bi-weekly pay, management.
ok to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2017
Worked in a good environment. Delivering necessary material to different hospitals and health providers. Scanning boxes and delivering to the hospitals.
Offers 1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts. Light Industrial work
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2017
A typical day was sorting and counting pills such as Tylenol products. Recording your findings in database, at a quick pace.

I learned different aspects of warehouse production and operations.

The hardest part of the job was sorting items at the competitive fast pace.

The most enjoyable part was the parking, hours and break room lockers.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
strong fumes on products
Worst Management team ever!!!!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2017
Management runs the warehouse based on favoritism. Promotions mainly given to males whether qualified or not. They DO NOT listen to team members issues. They will lie to you and tell you what you want to hear then do something completely different. Rarely do the "good" employees acknowledged unless you are part of the in group.
Pros
Cake once a month
Cons
Baaad management
Stericycle has room for growth
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 2, 2017
I take a large amount of inbound calls and explain billing issues to Customers, Supply Permits, Certificates amd Invoices. Instruct Customers on Required Trainings offer at the Company and navigation to complete courses. Provided Manifest, Input Purchase Orders.
Coworkers are great
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 31, 2017
Coworkers are fantastic to work with, but work-life balance is severely lacking, and while benefits are good the pay leaves much to be desired. Hopefully they will learn to value employees more in the future.
Productive workplace promoting diversity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2017
Productive and flexible workplace promoting diversity. Stericycle is a safe environment. An agent at Stericycle must have the ability to multitask successfully. Leadership is sell coordinated.
Awesome company with the exception of Baltimore management
Lead Bio-Hazard Specialist (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 28, 2017
Stericycle is a great place to work. Baltimore management however leaves something to be reckoned with. I gave 7 & a half years of exemplary service with an equal amount of years receiving the highest annual evaluations then was defrauded out of six months of travel expenses. I complained to corporate & it was founded that was indeed the case & I was subsequently paid arrearages at that time we had to part ways. Stericycle is an awesome place to work & I loved my job until this travesty permeated by local management.
operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJuly 26, 2017
Answering service for after hour clients. We have answered for hospitals, Doctors,Patients, and even Crisis Centers. Some messages were urgent and some none urgent which we had protocols to follow for each.
Management used workers production for their own gain
Recall Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
As a CSR you were required to complete so much work per day, but, you were not made aware of the fact that the management is paid by the number of employees they can get to work on any particular project. The more people on any given project, the quicker it gets done, the more money they make as we finish ahead of schedule.
Pros
The people working there were nice
Cons
The quotas they set and the fact that you were actually there to help management make more money.
Acceptable workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
I work full time 8-5 everyday except Saturday & Sunday very tiring, but boring just to sit there. Everyone is nice, and helpful. Relaxed job, very quiet.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
No calls
Not for the Career-oriented.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago downtown areaJuly 24, 2017
I feel that this job is for students or people looking for a little extra income, do not put in full time there...they will work you to deaf for little pay!

Management is terrible, as usual another company that play favorites. The job itself is not hard, but you have to deal with rude callers and a very outdated computer system. This is a good summer job for students or maybe retirees...period.
Pros
Chicago downtown
Cons
Manangement. digusting ladies bathrooms. short breaks and lunches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9