Stericycle Employee Reviews in United States

A young company that has grown quickly and successfully to be an industry leader.
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2016
Stericycle is focus on an important need within healthcare. All waste streams within healthcare must be managed within the state and federal regulations. This is an important and complicated task. Stericycle has become an industry leader in this field.
Pros
Good benefis
Cons
Training is weak.
Great people to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2016
This company cares about their employees. They are focused on growth and taking care of customers. It is a very high stress job, but pays ok for the time you put in.
Pros
Good pay, great people, great trainings.
Cons
No work life balance, expectations are thought the roof, unrealistic numbers to hit.

Comment – August 17, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear that you've been able to grow as a professional in your role. At Stericycle, we know that our Team Members are the key to our success. Their hard work and dedication to their roles is what makes the company the industry leader it is. Our company culture focuses on making our Team Members feel appreciated and valued for all the work they do to support the company. One Team, One Goal!

very hazardous job
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 22, 2016
If you don't want to get punctured with a contaminated needle or other sharps do not work in the plant! Very unsafe work practices are in place at the Garland, TX facility. This job is for someone who is very desperate for income.
Pros
decent benefits (because they have to cover their butt when you get stuck)
Cons
everything
it's a good steady job
plant worker (Current Employee) –  concord N.CSeptember 1, 2015
Unloading and dumping trash, I've learned about all the biohazards in the place, the management is ok but it's hard to get them to do what's right and the hardest part is loading the line in the heat wave. the most enjoyable part is getting your pay after you have worked long hours, it's worth it.
Pros
steady work long term employment
Cons
heavy work load and a biohazard sometimes pay is not worth the risk

Comment – January 14, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience as a Stericycle Team Member. We appreciate all of the hard work our Team Members do, whether it’s making calls in the call center, marketing our new products, or even handling different types of waste in our plants.

Account Manager
Account Manager/Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Account Manager/Compliance Specialist for Southern GA territory providing compliance based program improvement training. Conducted presentations and skills fairs training to meet with JACHO, OSHA, EPA and DOT compliance and best practice standards.
fun fast paced
Bio Hazard Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 11, 2016
I showed up to work before the salon opened and I cleaned and stocked to make sure it was presentable and the stylist wouldnt have to go looking for something in the middle of servicing a client once clients started to arrive I greeted them and alerted their stylist of their arrival
productive and fun workplace with very intelegent people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2016
quick enviroment. answering calls inbound or outbound for medical offices and for recalled products and management was great they never bothered you , they just let you work and get your job done in the most professional way.
Great place to work and grow and solid career
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 28, 2016
Awesome people and work. Good company. Chance for advancement. There is plenty of growth opportunity and the business is always growing and buying new businesses. Salary is excellent and increases are goods..
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Lots of responsibility hours

Comment – August 17, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences as a Field Manager in New Jersey. We love to hear when our Team Members are enjoying their work. After all, it is one of our Core Values. We want to maintain a work environment where our Team Members feel supported and appreciated in their work because we know that our talented Team Members like you are the driving force behind Stericycle's success.Thank you again for taking the time to write to us.

Productive work place
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lake City, GAOctober 31, 2015
Stericycle is an reasonable place to start off to a good career, but make sure you do your research on a job before you agree to take it. The job slogan is, "Protecting people and reducing risk". But who exactly are we protecting? To be a fortune 500 company, I really expect way more from this job. I would recommend this job to someone who is just looking for steady work and is just getting on their feet in the real world. As far as advancement goes..... Just wait on it
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No heat in the winter, constant equipment failure, horrible smelling medical waste

Comment – January 14, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions with us. As a company, Stericycle’s core purpose is to help our customers fulfill their promise by providing solutions that protect people and brands, promote health and safeguard the environment. With regards to your concerns about our purpose, please know that when we say we protect people, we mean both our customers and our Team Members. We know that they’re the backbone of this company’s success and we show how gratitude a number of ways, whether it’s by offering great benefits, implementing culture initiatives, or offering advancement opportunities within Stericycle.

Client based organization
Retail Returns Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2015
Stericycle emphasizes a customer first atmosphere and is continually involved in process improvements. They provide training blocks to learn about additional leadership skills and knowledge on other areas of interest.
Pros
team environment
Cons
compensation

Comment – January 12, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback. We’re happy to hear when our Team Members are thriving and enjoying their work. As two of our Core Values, we’re always putting the Customer First and striving toward Continuous Improvement. Our success is due to our hard-working and talented Team Members like you!

Comment – January 14, 2016

Claims processor in a fast past enviornment.
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 6, 2016
At Stericycle Solutions, you will have to work fast and diligently. You will be taking loss information from insures, agents, claimants, attorneys and public adjusters. Gathering vital information precisely as possible.
Pros
Workable schedule, and great surrounding areas with people
Cons
Short lunch breaks
I was parking 18wheelers, dumping waste in bin and driving forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2016
The hardest park was unloading the Clay machine with the forklift grabbing the bins and dumping dem with da forklift
Its a nice work place nice clean environment and the manager make sure everything get done
Poor Communication
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 29, 2016
This company was ok to work for. However, the communication process was extremely poor and the management team was not united. A lot of miscommunication and inconsistency.
Pros
great workers
Cons
poor management

Comment – February 2, 2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate all Team Member feedback, positive or constructive, but it helps us on our road to Continuous Improvement. As an employer, we strive to create a work environment where our Team Members can not only excel in what they do, but enjoy it as well.

Productive and challenging work environment.
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 19, 2016
This is a fast paced working environment. Stericycle is the worlds leader in removing and processing medical waste. Dealing with customers to ensure complete compliance is a constant challenge.
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls, taking messages, helping people make appointments, and data entry to computers. Answering all types of calls in the call center very good place to work.
Productive yet enjoyable environment
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 26, 2016
Stericycle has been making vast improvements to their workplace culture. Over the last year I have seen many advancements happening in the office and I only see it getting better with time.

Comment – August 17, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences as an Account Representative. We strive to maintain a company culture that fosters Team Member growth and engagement, and we're happy to hear that you can see it at work in your everyday experiences. Our talented and dedicated Team Members are the ones who've made Stericycle the great company it is today, and we're grateful for all their hard work.

physical job, long hours,
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 24, 2016
physical job, must pay attention to detail,such as proper routes to take and amount of time to load and unload truck. Most customers easy to deal with.
Pros
customers, newer equipment
Cons
following proper routes, amount of time to load and unload truck

Comment – July 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing some of the details of your role as a former Route Driver. At Stericycle we offer so many different types of roles, but every role is essential to making our everyday operations run smoothly. We know that our talented and driven Team Members give it their all, so we're committed to implementing a culture that makes them feel supported and appreciated.

Good Company
Route Driver Class A & B (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2016
The worst part of the day was smelling the plant and waste you picked up. Co-workers were good. Decent management. The best part of the day was getting off work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Smelly place to work

Comment – February 2, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with. us. At Stericycle, we understand that not every experience can be perfect, but we use Team Member feedback to keep us on track toward Continuous Improvement. We appreciate all of the hard work our Team Members do to make Stericycle the great company it is and in return, we strive to maintain a positive and engaging work environment for them.

Pay attention to close detail and counting pills .
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2016
counting pills
making sure the right amount was included
assembly line
reading labels
I learned at stericycle to pay close attention to close detail and correccting them.
Pros
pay
Stericycle
Compliance Solutions Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
Feel pleased to work for a global leader in medical waste management disposal and compliance services. A typical day involves managing inbound and outbound calls to current and prospective customers to identify needs and confidently recommend and compliant solution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9