Stericycle Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging work environment.
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 19, 2016
This is a fast paced working environment. Stericycle is the worlds leader in removing and processing medical waste. Dealing with customers to ensure complete compliance is a constant challenge.
Micro managing under poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 13, 2016
hard to make money with the leads you assigned each month, most of the people you call have either been Stericized by prevous reps for years or they know their worst nightmare is signing an agreement they can't get out of. Managers aren't on the floor enough to help you and rely on systems and metrics to track your every call, computer punch and down to the second how long your "logged in" every day.

I sometimes question what I'm selling because in most cases the customer doesn't need to pay thru the nose for Haz waste for what they generate. We are coached to close the sell as quickly as possibly and get whomever we can to autosign an agreement before they realize what is actually happening.
Pros
comp if and when they don't mess with your quota
Cons
don't trust management, from the top on down they only have their best interest in mind
Interesting
Recall Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2016
Its a call center, you answer the phones and help people with their items that are on recall. some are friendly, some are not. you learn how to help everyone.
Great Place To Be Employed
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 11, 2016
Great place to work, never be without a job, and always great staff!! Trucks are fairly new! they treat everyone with respect!
Great people to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2016
This company cares about their employees. They are focused on growth and taking care of customers. It is a very high stress job, but pays ok for the time you put in.
Pros
Good pay, great people, great trainings.
Cons
No work life balance, expectations are thought the roof, unrealistic numbers to hit.
August 17, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear that you've been able to grow as a professional in your role. At Stericycle, we know that our Team Members are the key to our success. Their hard work and dedication to their roles is what makes the company the industry leader it is. Our company culture focuses on making our Team Members feel appreciated and valued for all the work they do to support the company. One Team, One Goal!

Ok
Clinet Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 10, 2016
Just a job, nothing special, company has grown to fast and is now experiencing a tremendous amount of issues due to unchecked greed.
Management is horrible
Enviriomental Safety Tech III/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
I advanced as a temp from broom pusher to inventory control manager but was never compensated or even given the opportunity to go permanent and receive benefits. Instead of my hard work and diligence being rewarded, I was falsely accused of stealing time, degraded and made to feel insufficient. They hate to give raises and when they do it is for pennies on the dollar. For the hazardous nature of the job the employees are severely under compensated.
Pros
The employees are great
Cons
Management is totally incompetent.
Great place to work and grow and solid career
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 28, 2016
Awesome people and work. Good company. Chance for advancement. There is plenty of growth opportunity and the business is always growing and buying new businesses. Salary is excellent and increases are goods..
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Lots of responsibility hours
August 17, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences as a Field Manager in New Jersey. We love to hear when our Team Members are enjoying their work. After all, it is one of our Core Values. We want to maintain a work environment where our Team Members feel supported and appreciated in their work because we know that our talented Team Members like you are the driving force behind Stericycle's success.Thank you again for taking the time to write to us.

Driven
Customer Coordinator ll (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 28, 2016
I have learned information concerning the automobile industry.
Information I will be able to use in my future employment opportunities.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not employee friendly
August 17, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback as a Customer Coordinator. We appreciate feedback from all our Team Members because it allows us to continue growing as a company. At Stericycle, we know our Team Members are the driving force behind our success, and so we're happy to hear that you've been able to grow in your time here.

Auto-Recall
Auto recall (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2016
Really bad company to work for, they will fired you for no reason. When you ask a question to the supervisor they will play like they did not see you raising your hand or will ignore the phone when you are calling them. One of the top supervisor will play like she cares and every morning will be like good morning team , hows everybody doing, but in reality Noone cares there. And just now to make it worse there are bedbugs. If you go too many times to the bathrooms they will send you an email. Etc etc I am still there but I am looking for another job, cannot wait to leave.
Stericycle
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 26, 2016
The brief time I was there, I was trained to handle incoming and outgoing calls to clients. I learned how to ask the right questions in order to help fulfill the client's request, and I learned how not be impatient when dealing with clients. Management was great. Every was very kind from the supervisor to the co-workers and my team leader who was training me and teaching what to do. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult clients that can lead you to be stressed, but trying to be calm and patient with them by telling them what you can do to help them and not what you can't do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being an agent and being able to learn about the computer program used to help clients and reach out to them.
Pros
salary, opportunities, benefits
Cons
work/life balance
August 12, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences as a former Team Member. We love to hear when our Team Members are thriving in what they do because Enjoying Our Work is one of our Core Values. We know that our Team Members are the key to Stericycle's success, so we hope that as we grow as a company, our Team Members grow along with us. Thank you again for your feedback.

Productive yet enjoyable environment
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 26, 2016
Stericycle has been making vast improvements to their workplace culture. Over the last year I have seen many advancements happening in the office and I only see it getting better with time.
August 17, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences as an Account Representative. We strive to maintain a company culture that fosters Team Member growth and engagement, and we're happy to hear that you can see it at work in your everyday experiences. Our talented and dedicated Team Members are the ones who've made Stericycle the great company it is today, and we're grateful for all their hard work.

Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls, taking messages, helping people make appointments, and data entry to computers. Answering all types of calls in the call center very good place to work.
If you're not in the club, you're out
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dacono, CO, and New MexicoJuly 25, 2016
The company has a very serious self image. From St. Louis west. It is a very clandestine, and engulfed by bad actors in Management. I saw phsical misconduct, major D.O.T. violations and an attitude of play along or be destroyed. As employees rise in pay, management pushes them out the door. They pride themselves as being the Wal-Mart of waste, and raise the rates to the customers, whenever they desire. Never the less, very disappointed base. Professional folks, should stay away.
Pros
Ability to advance due to changeover
Cons
Ability to advance due to changeover
Great people to work with
Customer Experience Expert (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
It is a great fast paced place to work. The only drawback is that compensation is a lot less when compared to other companies.
I was parking 18wheelers, dumping waste in bin and driving forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2016
The hardest park was unloading the Clay machine with the forklift grabbing the bins and dumping dem with da forklift
Its a nice work place nice clean environment and the manager make sure everything get done
Good Company to work for sometimes
Senior Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2016
The GM of the company is one of the best bosses I have ever had partly the reason I'm still there the some of the supervisors and TL under her could use some work but they are not all bad. The pay is getting better but we are still one of the lowest paid call centers in the area. The training process is suffering a bit since i first stared some times they are putting people out on the floor too quickly. I wish they would hire more people that cared more about their jobs instead of gossiping on the floor and I wish they would be more careful about who they elevate to positions of power. I like the new policies that they have implemented when they are enforced properly they work well. I take great pride in the fact that we help people everyday. This is a good company its just something's could stand to be worked on but still I would recommend people to work here its a good get on your feet job.
Pros
Good benefits, possibility to work from home
Cons
No set shifts, high turnover rate, trainimg
Fun and friendly
Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2016
They're really friendly and fun environment to work with. Always have something going on. They always make sure that you're okay and don't need help.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Schedule
Good place to start your career
Enviromental specialist lll (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2016
The people I worked with were great. Upper managment and CSR's have no clue how to do there job. In turn makes it difficult for the chemist and lab pack team to get there job done.
Long work hours most weeks are around 50 plus hours
Benefits are not that great if you have a family it's very expensive. Pay is OK . This job is good for someone who is just out of college to get some experience.
The San Jose office has a very high turn over rate for field chemist.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Long work hours, CSR's, managment
August 12, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences as a Former Team Member! At Stericycle, we prioritize Team Member development and we're happy to hear that you were able to grow as a professional in your time with us. As always, we welcome feedback from all of our Team Members because it keeps us on our road to Continuous Improvement.

Was offered a job there should have taken it my lose
Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  San Jose officeJuly 16, 2016
Hire me I'm ready to work at the time you hired me I wasn't doing very well having to deal with my moms death and all of her belongings
Pros
Good people nice equipment
Cons
Didn't rehire me 😂