Stericycle Employee Reviews

A stepping stone
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
Everyone gets paid different amounts to do the exact same job. It's a cool place to work. It's easy money. It allows you to get on your feet and make the best of life.
Pros
247 call center
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication with supervisors and management
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
Stericycle was a very nice place to work but sometimes it got a little overwhelming dealing with some of the coworkers and their attitudes. I it had to be the bigger person and ignore them for my job and staying professional
Pros
The hours and money
Cons
Management and coworkers
Very dirty job.
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 3, 2017
Very dirty putrid smelling trailers. Surrounded by death as pick ups in hospitals are usually next to morges. Non competitive starting pay for lq route cdl A drivers. If you can stomach it for a while at least you'll get driving experience. Be prepared to smell feces and urine regularly.
Pros
Can gain driving experience.
Cons
Putrid smells of urine feces and rotting flesh.
productive
Senior Patient Experience Advovcates (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 2, 2017
When working for the company all the supervisor were very helpful and was always reassuring me that I was doing my job correctly,was great learning experience.
N/a
Makes outbound and receives inbound sales calls (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
Co-Workers are Awesome. Things changed over night. Goals are unreachable with customer base not where it once was. Management doesn't understand that a lot of companies are now Paperless. Some companies will not return due to bad service they received.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2017
I learned a lot working for this company lot mostly taught me good customer service skills I enjoyed the people I worked with and the purpose of working for this company.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2017
Transportation Supervisor
Transporation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2017
Typical work day is very fast paced. Had to manage 20 drivers. Dealt with alot of call offs and truck accidents, Good benefits, Good Pay.Great company to work for.
Very Stress full inviroment and over worked employees
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 30, 2017
While working her I have come to find that when you do your job well they give you more work until you have become over worked to the point that you continually fail and only once you fail are they doing anything about it. When they do anything about they are pointing the finger at the employee that they are the one who is wrong and messed up. Very bad management/leader training for this company. This the leads to failed employee jobs.
Pros
Cons
stress, overworked
Interesting job but very stressful
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 26, 2017
We traveled 90% of the time to hospitals all over the country. I was an installation team leader in charge of successfully completing the removal and installation of SHARPS containers. We had to complete the job no matter the size of the hospital in 72 hours or less. I had anywhere from 4 to 15 employees under my control. We had to work extremely fast and often worked long days. My direct manager was good and took care of my team, but outside of that I was not too impressed with how the installation team was treated by other management personnel.
Pros
traveling but not 90%
Cons
low pay, too much travel, little room for advancement
na
Compliance Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 25, 2017
not intersted in sharring more but a horrible place to work i was constantly unhappy, poor productivity metrics, horrible product mix.
filthy working coditions
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 23, 2017
daily pick up of medical waste from hospital clinics nursing homes funeral homes med waste may not be package properly but still must pickup you may be exposed to sharps needles human waste
Pros
3% raise yearly
Cons
dangerous job
Okayish
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 23, 2017
Loved my manager and team, but not my favorite company. Selling structure needs to change, but last I heard was in the process. Environment is great and so are the people.
Hard work but worth it
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2017
Great place to work. Plant workers are worked hard but the benefits are worth it. There been some management changes since I worked there but I do believe the changes are for the better. The equipment / Trucks are good too.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Full of challenges and opportunity...
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2017
Stericycle provides customer service for product recalls and notices. Provides great opportunity for employees/contractors to learn how to best relate and serve customers who are often quite stressed with their situation.
No Work Life Balence
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAOctober 21, 2017
Supervisors only care about not having to drive. If they are short they will make you work even if you have a funeral. As long as they do not have to drive. Also they have no compassion for you and talk to you like you are nothing. We are suppose to have 4 tens no weekends and we get forced to work our off day even if you have something scheduled they make you use a vacation day.
Pros
pay
Cons
No life
Stressful environment and uncaring bosses
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winthrop, MEOctober 21, 2017
My work day was completely packed from the moment I clocked in until I clocked out. I was often expected to preform roles out of my job range without training and to juggle many jobs at the same time. The work culture was not good the workers were under paid and not appreciated. The hardest part of the job was the lack of support from management.
Needs Serious Reevaluation
Compliance Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 20, 2017
Stericycle should place strong focus on better training of their employees with the proper way to sell their products and services to their customers, as well as, how their employees should treat their customers.
Easy reliable job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2017
You get great commission for the more work you do. Great managers friendly atmosphere and job was so easy you think everyone would be employees. Hate I had to relocate
Good People poor Executive Management
Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 20, 2017
Company grew too fast and did not anticipate the issues associated with numerous acquisitions and mergers. It was obvious that senior management is not accustomed to how a formal, established, large corporation should be guided and supported and has led to a very insecure and chaotic environment. This is a shame as it was a great company 3 years ago with a bright future. Only time will tell now.
Pros
People, culture
Cons
Uneasy, insecure job feeling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.