Stericycle

Stericycle Employee Reviews

fast paced invirment, steady schedule
Sharps Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 10, 2015
Change and replace sharps containers in patient rooms, doctor’s offices, and all areas with biohazard supplies.
Properly organize, separate and dispose of all pharmaceutical containers and supplies. Box and prepare for pick up.
Restock labels and maintains inventory.
Pros
401k plan, benefits for full time
Cons
short breaks, unqualified managment
Great company to work for.
Major Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2015
Stericycle is a great company for individuals who are self-starters and willing to travel. Every day is different and there is no shortage of career opportunities. The team I worked with is strong, supportive, and fun. I will miss the people I work with and I'm leaving to be closer to family. Work-life balance is difficult to maintain due to the predominant work-from-home business model. It takes a strong individual to be successful. I found my time here to be very beneficial both personally and professionally.
Pros
Salary, benefits, advancement
Cons
Travel, working from home is very isolating at times
Excellent Compensation
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 22, 2015
Assuming you have several years of sales, negotiation experience, life as an Account Care Specialist or Compliance Specialist at Stericycle can be very rewarding with top performers earning 6 figures.
It's a good job for while you're in high school
Expert (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 19, 2015
Pay wise it isn't the greatest but the people you work with are amazing. Management is always willing to help and they really work with your private life and needs.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Unbelievable responsibilities
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 14, 2015
This can be a great job or even a career, but the amount of work you put in on a day to day basis with the pay it is not even worth it. You start when they tell you to start, they want you to run the route the way they want you to run it, you got to explain everything that throws a flag. The pay is almost entry level pay, but want experience drivers. Route Manager is not the title anymore, it is route driver, simply because "manager" is a title in which you have power & control of your route and they want that power & control. Many changes have been made due to them saving money for their stock investors & s_ _t on the customers & employees that put in the dirty work. Your immediate supervisors are scared to fight for you fearing that they get replaced & the roadnet (mapping system) they spend millions for have NO doggone clue just numbers and a path they see that has less miles. Now with that said of roadnet I'm not sure it's a truckers GPS or just a car GPS, but when ask all they tell you is that "trucks can go through this way". Greed is overtaking this company & they don't really give a doggone about the boots on the ground, just NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS!!! They had a creed... "CUSTOMERS 1st" then it was "EMPLOYEES 1st". Well they don't show this anymore it's all about SAVING MONEY 1ST is now their creed!!!!
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Pay is not up to par for the labor & responsibilities, management too scared of their bosses, greed of this company is destroying the comfortable work environment.
worst company ever, very nasty.
Waste Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 11, 2015
This job is very nasty and dangerous! I have seen babies,body parts, AIDS patients blood! Some containers weigh up to 300 pounds!
Pros
Cons
dangerous job, low pay, hot, dangerous work enviroment
productive fun good place to start off
automotive recall agent (Current Employee) –  indianapolisJune 11, 2015
this is a very good place to work at, management is so caring. really good place to start off with call centers. answer call or make outbound calls.
Pros
flexible
Learned more in my field
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 7, 2015
Great learning experience
Help Desk support
Management has changed around a lot since I have been there
Great co-workers
Hardest part is the late hours
Most enjoyable is doing what I love
excellent technology
Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Winthrop, MEJune 1, 2015
To many bosses, no real defined work parameters. Project management not informative at all. Projects concerning my locations were not given to me in a timely manner. Supervisors micro managed and reprimanded when so aspects were not completed due to other bosses/projects. Was never fully trained on many aspects of job. Supervisor/Project management completely unresponsive when informed of actual issues not what was planned.
Pros
great technology
Cons
management is horrible and none responsive to actual work flow due to remote location
fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  chicago. IlMay 28, 2015
Overall Stericycle has monploized the market, being a fortune 400 company. We are considered the best at what we do in the industry. our Customer service is impeccable!
Pros
customer management, in every sense of the word
Cons
very few avenues for advancement
Average
Sharps Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 28, 2015
It is a good job after High School to begin saving money but as a career it is only average. Hard to move ahead by much on the pay scale.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
monotonous
JOB FOR YOUNGER ADULTS.
Sharps Cotainer Tech (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 27, 2015
Good to have a job when I needed one. It was a job for you to advance if you were seeking a higher level of education. Again glad to have had a job.
Great People
Patient Communication Excutive (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 26, 2015
Fun place to work. Co-workers are team players and everyone wants to win. The office is casual 8 months and business casual the remaining 4 months
worst place ever! California hr and Arizona management the worst ever broke every hand book rule that stericycle swears by.
transportation supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2015
Worst upper management and HR. California HR doesn't understand the word confidentiality. Stay away from this region to work for.
back up CSR
Information Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2015
I am in the process of learning CSR duties helping set up agents and helping agents with day to day computer issues and work related questions.
Fast pace
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 21, 2015
Fast pace, Unloading semi trailers full of bio waste materials , emptying them into hoppers and putting the hopers into kilns .
Pros
fast work
Call Center Agent
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2015
Received inbound and outbound calls. Helped customers and informed the if the product is on recall. Reorganized Visitors Message Board weekly. And I also maintained daily audits of call center errors and attendance.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
na
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2015
This company allows you to move up with in the company and grow with your choice of career path that you choose. The training they provide helps you to further your education with systems you are aware of or can become aware of.
Pros
the shift availabilities
Cons
short breaks
It was a very learning experience. I had previously had incoming call center experience, but I also dealt with outgoing calls as well.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2015
I learned that incoming calls were more difficult than outgoing calls. I enjoyed the experience and I wish it could have been longer, but it was only a temporary position.
Sharp Specialist Manegement
Sharp Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2015
Very busy job..... I've learned patiences....I've also learn how to interact with management and coworkers for the good of the company...The hardest part is getting up @ 3:00am and the most enjoyable part is outings with my coworkers.....
Pros
Gift cards, for safety, Birthday celebrations, company gifts (showing appreciation for hard work) company picinics and Christmas party....
Cons
Interacting with all types of people, (unfriend)