Sterigenics Employee Reviews

Unfair Practice
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 6, 2017
There is favoritism in the workplace and they constantly require you to do overtime. A lot of heresayers and the management believes them. Plant supervisor is incapable of doing his job
Pros
401k, salary
Cons
No lunch break, overtime
It would be stable work if your hired
Warehouse/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 24, 2017
It wasn't hard work, just long hours. The scheduling was hard but like every job they have favorites. No opportunities to move up.
good company to work for
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Good place to work at
benefits are also good plenty of overtime
they sterilize medical devices for the hospitals
and the product is shipped all over the world
Pros
pay
Cons
odd shifts
long days
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Get in at 10:00 a.m. Go straight to work on unloading totes and putting product on wood pallets. Using specific instructions per customers order. Coworkers were good. But after 12 hrs with each other you start to get on each others nerves. The hardest part of the jobs was dealing with coworkers while unloading product frequently. I enjoyed the hard work and my boss.
Pros
free lunches
Would work here again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Great company with few issues with staff or management. Family type culture with understanding of individual needs. Everyone was a team player.
It was a nice place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Haw River, NCOctober 16, 2016
The job was new to me. It wasn't working with steel so it was a learning process. People seemed to like it there since there was hardly any turn over.
Through my career I have been fortunate to work with exceptional individuals in the field of maintenance sharing experiences and knowlege.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook IL.October 8, 2016
Begin with morning safety meeting. briefly go over the days tasks and materials required to do the job. Communicate closely with Operations to ensure optimum equipment availability.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Extreem amount of meetings.
Very disappointing experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2016
Management does not encourage new ideas or ideas that do not come from them. Many promises made during interview that were the complete opposite in reality. Managers not on same page so received conflicting information and instructions. No performance evaluation given after being there over a year. No encouragement or thank you's given for increasing production or for many hours spent working evenings and weekends. The hardest part of the job was going in knowing that even though you are a Supervisor it is in name only...knowing that anything you recommend will be disregarded. Also was difficult working for people who did not value my opinion even though I had over 20 years experience in that field. Being constantly micromanaged and undermined was a very big issue. The most unprofessional place I have ever worked!
Pros
Good benefits; many good employees in production
Cons
Job was very different than I was led to believe during interview, Micro-managed, Very resistant to new ideas, No support
Good for start out career
Shift Leader / Cell Operator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJuly 29, 2016
Needs better structure from top to bottom. The plant I worked at for 4 years was coasting by at the top while the lower tier workers reaped the benefits in OT and etc...

A typical shift is about 13 hours long working physically 6-7 and mentally about the same.
Pros
Overtime and raises annually
Cons
starting rates are lower than the comparible positions.
Nice environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHMay 27, 2016
Load/Unload Trucks everyday i also help co workers with job duties. Operate forlift safely throughout the warehouse. I enjoy staying busy the entire shift.
Bad place to work for constantly threatening to fire me
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 28, 2016
When i used to work at this company management was always harassing/threatening people on how pretty soon they were going to be gone and it was the worst experience that I have had with any company.
Sterilization of medical equipment
Lead Operator in Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 1, 2016
Sterilization of medical equipment using EO gas. A lot of forklift operating to do the job. SCUBA is required on a daily basis.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
fun productive day, hard working all day but have fun while doing working
load and unload products and ship them off (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2015
fun work place with support and helpful management group. everybody helped one another when that person needed advice on how to do the work or assistance. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone communicated as a team in meetings, at work on the floor, and on breaks sometimes when something wasn't going right. the warehouse was very small and peaceful. the most people in that warehouse was about 20. I worked 12 hour shift so I can stand up for a reasonable might of time.
Pros
free pizza every month
Cons
short breaks while on 12 hour shift
Not worth it if you already have forklift experience
Assistant Operator and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Not providedSeptember 13, 2015
A typical day at work involved 12 hours shifts. These were not rotating shifts; I was hired to work overnight. When you don't have work to do, which is probably 1/4 of your shift, you're allowed to sit down and play on your cell phone. You will actually spend the majority of your shift sitting down, whether you're completing paper work or operating a forklift. Be prepared to learn a lot!

I learned a lot about sterilizing medical products and I also learned a lot about operating a forklift (even though I had been driving before). I learned that I have no preference for time of day that I work, but that I do not like 12 hour shifts. It was impossible to find balance between the job and home. If you have a family, this will be even harder for you.

Management was alright. Some people were great and some were lazy. This is usually the case in most places though.

My co-workers were a great part of the job. I only worked with two people other than myself overnight. I'm not a people-person so this worked well for me. Everyone seemed easy to get along with other than some lazy managers that I wrote about above.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the 12 hour shifts. You will work 3 days, have 2 days off, work 4 days and then have 5 days off. This means that you will have mandatory overtime and a 5-day vacation every other week. This makes it difficult to come back to work. Who wants to return to work after 5 days off?

The most enjoyable part of the job was realizing my potential. I now understand just how much I'm able to amount to and am using that while searching
  more... for another job.  less
Pros
decent co-workers, most managers were good, decent starting pay if you're hired without experience, pretty easy to get hired, paid lunch breaks
Cons
12 hour shifts, terrible starting pay for the hazards involved if you have experience, some managers are terrible and will make you want to leave, terrible work/life balance
Sterigenics
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 16, 2015
Managing appointments, invoicing in billing systems, excel database entry for new and existing clients. Helping clients to ensure they have everything they need to do their jobs.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
overall a good stable job to have. hours were good, but day were long.
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2015
Dealing with chemicals you were required to wear SCBA when on production floor. I learned a lot about the chemical ETHYLENE OXIDE and the different uses it has in our everyday lives. Management were good but not always professional. Great co-workers. hardest park of the job was timing when the sterilization chambers came down and you had to move product quickly into gas off rooms! enjoyed the down time in between waiting for product to time out in chambers.
Pros
3 day weekends and 2 days off every other week. company paid lunches.
Cons
being short staffed when very busy. and lack of supplies when needed.
Company is extremely safety conscious.
OPERATOR ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2015
Attach biological indicators to customers pallets of product. Help the Operator move product between different rooms or stages of the sterilization process.
Fast paced friendly employees
Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 15, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience with Sterigenics. Plenty of opportunities for advancement with a friendly family atmosphere. Working in sterilization of medical devices helps put you life in perspective.
Output before safety
Operations (Former Employee) –  Grand PrairieFebruary 12, 2015
The GM had a motto "Manage with an iron fist". He would not authorize equipment repairs which caused safety issues and would scream and yell if product was not moving fast enough. He made sure he had his time off but did not care if operations had time off. He was lazy. It was his way or the highway. Bully in the true since of the word. Co-workers were great.
Benefits
Cons
24/7 365, Management
A fantastic place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Sterigenics is an irradiation warehouse, using Cobalt 60 to sterilize medical and food supplies. A typical day would consist of moving product to and from the conveyor line, where you are either loading non sterilized product or unloading the sterilized product. Assist Shipping/Receiving with unloading or loading trucks, making Dosimeters for each specific work order and following all guidelines. The Management is amazing they're very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working nights, it took a little time to adjust to waking up at 7p.m
Pros
Performance Bonuses, Great advancements within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterigenics. Our community is ready to answer.