Sterigenics Employee Reviews in United States

Bad place to work for constantly threatening to fire me
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 28, 2016
When i used to work at this company management was always harassing/threatening people on how pretty soon they were going to be gone and it was the worst experience that I have had with any company.
Sterilization of medical equipment
Lead Operator in Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 1, 2016
Sterilization of medical equipment using EO gas. A lot of forklift operating to do the job. SCUBA is required on a daily basis.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
fun productive day, hard working all day but have fun while doing working
load and unload products and ship them off (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2015
fun work place with support and helpful management group. everybody helped one another when that person needed advice on how to do the work or assistance. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone communicated as a team in meetings, at work on the floor, and on breaks sometimes when something wasn't going right. the warehouse was very small and peaceful. the most people in that warehouse was about 20. I worked 12 hour shift so I can stand up for a reasonable might of time.
Pros
free pizza every month
Cons
short breaks while on 12 hour shift
Not worth it if you already have forklift experience
Assistant Operator and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Not providedSeptember 13, 2015
A typical day at work involved 12 hours shifts. These were not rotating shifts; I was hired to work overnight. When you don't have work to do, which is probably 1/4 of your shift, you're allowed to sit down and play on your cell phone. You will actually spend the majority of your shift sitting down, whether you're completing paper work or operating a forklift. Be prepared to learn a lot!

I learned a lot about sterilizing medical products and I also learned a lot about operating a forklift (even though I had been driving before). I learned that I have no preference for time of day that I work, but that I do not like 12 hour shifts. It was impossible to find balance between the job and home. If you have a family, this will be even harder for you.

Management was alright. Some people were great and some were lazy. This is usually the case in most places though.

My co-workers were a great part of the job. I only worked with two people other than myself overnight. I'm not a people-person so this worked well for me. Everyone seemed easy to get along with other than some lazy managers that I wrote about above.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the 12 hour shifts. You will work 3 days, have 2 days off, work 4 days and then have 5 days off. This means that you will have mandatory overtime and a 5-day vacation every other week. This makes it difficult to come back to work. Who wants to return to work after 5 days off?

The most enjoyable part of the job was realizing my potential. I now understand just how much I'm able to amount to and am using that while searching
  more... for another job.  less
Pros
decent co-workers, most managers were good, decent starting pay if you're hired without experience, pretty easy to get hired, paid lunch breaks
Cons
12 hour shifts, terrible starting pay for the hazards involved if you have experience, some managers are terrible and will make you want to leave, terrible work/life balance
Sterigenics
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 16, 2015
Managing appointments, invoicing in billing systems, excel database entry for new and existing clients. Helping clients to ensure they have everything they need to do their jobs.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
poor management
overall a good stable job to have. hours were good, but day were long.
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2015
Dealing with chemicals you were required to wear SCBA when on production floor. I learned a lot about the chemical ETHYLENE OXIDE and the different uses it has in our everyday lives. Management were good but not always professional. Great co-workers. hardest park of the job was timing when the sterilization chambers came down and you had to move product quickly into gas off rooms! enjoyed the down time in between waiting for product to time out in chambers.
Pros
3 day weekends and 2 days off every other week. company paid lunches.
Cons
being short staffed when very busy. and lack of supplies when needed.
Company is extremely safety conscious.
OPERATOR ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2015
Attach biological indicators to customers pallets of product. Help the Operator move product between different rooms or stages of the sterilization process.
Fast paced friendly employees
Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 15, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience with Sterigenics. Plenty of opportunities for advancement with a friendly family atmosphere. Working in sterilization of medical devices helps put you life in perspective.
Output before safety
Operations (Former Employee) –  Grand PrairieFebruary 12, 2015
The GM had a motto "Manage with an iron fist". He would not authorize equipment repairs which caused safety issues and would scream and yell if product was not moving fast enough. He made sure he had his time off but did not care if operations had time off. He was lazy. It was his way or the highway. Bully in the true since of the word. Co-workers were great.
benefits
Cons
24/7 365, management
A fantastic place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Sterigenics is an irradiation warehouse, using Cobalt 60 to sterilize medical and food supplies. A typical day would consist of moving product to and from the conveyor line, where you are either loading non sterilized product or unloading the sterilized product. Assist Shipping/Receiving with unloading or loading trucks, making Dosimeters for each specific work order and following all guidelines. The Management is amazing they're very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working nights, it took a little time to adjust to waking up at 7p.m
Pros
performance bonuses, great advancements within the company
Nice place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 3, 2014
Sterigenics was a very nice and well ran company. The co-workers were nice and extremely helpful, the management was open and always there when I needed help, and the warehouse itself was very clean and organized.
not a place to work if you have a family
EO Sterilization Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2014
i am a former employer and the job was good and you work long hours 12 hr shifts. i loved the job but charlotte eo has the worst management i have ever seen in my lifre. they play favoritism and management is totally unfair.you get penalized and suspended from work for using your benefit of sick time just 1 example out of so so many...
Pros
the benefits and pay
Cons
management
Production Leader
Production Leader (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 3, 2014
Plan and schedule sterilization of medical products. Training new employees,
Administrative Support/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 2, 2014
Cheap. I was working at this place through a job agency. Once they made me permanent they didn't want to raise my salary.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
cheap.
Good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 28, 2013
Sch. loads for sterilation. Safety checks and safety contacts with employees.
Pros
5days off
Cons
no lunch, work 24/7 365 days of yr
Learned alot about maintaining a sterilization plant
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJune 27, 2013
I was a control room operator worked 12 hour nights with a B-operator .I trained my B-operator to become a A-operator that was difficult and time consuming outcome was good.The hardest part of the job was nightshift fatigue.The most enjoyable part was the time off which was a lot because we worked 12 hours.
Pros
benefits, holiday parties
Cons
n/a
Loved working here
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 29, 2013
I had a great boss and was part of a great team. I worked there for over 7 years and got to see a good part of the country. I wasn't compartmentalized which meant that it was easy to cross train. The only thing I didn't care for was that I was miles away from team. I miss working here.
Pros
bonus, travel, great boss
Cons
was separated from my team geographically speaking
good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2013
Was an ok place to work, except for staffing issues and increased workloads.
Sterilisation plant, Dangerous chemicals , work many holidays, on call
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILApril 24, 2013
My job varies from equipment troubleshooting, to building repair, chemical disposal, pm's, generation of paperwork, review of paperwork, dealing with vendors and contractors. I refined my technical and personal skills. Management is very concerned with safety and cleanliness. My coworkers are reasonable people who are easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is shipping bulk waste chemicals. The most rewarding part of my work is solving problems especially the long term solutions.
Pros
short commute
Cons
chemicals, on call, working holidays
Fast-paced environment in a team setting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Haw River, NCAugust 29, 2012
A typical day at Sterigenics begins with tasks that require attention to detail. Multi-tasking is a necessity. It is a small facility that requires employees to wear many different hats to work together to accomplish our goals.