Sterilite Corporation Employee Reviews

good benefits
Machine Operator/ Packer/ Floor Man/ Production (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2016
1. type of day long. hot or cold
2.N/A
3. management pool
4.good people, helpful easy to get long with
5.stand on feet 12 hours
6.money, benefits, the overtime
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCNovember 9, 2016
One thing I will say work on the 3rd shift I just couldn't keep my days and nights together. It could of been the fact that I had never worked 3rd shift and most definitely not 12 hours. They pay very well I would go back to work but I would have to be on first shift. I like the shift set up and how anybody there to train you are there and they job. You get day off but most of the ti!e I was sleeping so I didn't have time to spend money which was wonderful.
Pros
Friendly helpful team
steady and clean enviroment
press operater (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OHNovember 17, 2015
hot , long and easy days. learned a lot about moldings and running big machines. management was just that never seen too much of them, co- workers were pretty distant, didn't really work or talk with them unless you was on break or lunch. The hardest part of the job was you would get bored once you ace your machine. The best part of the job was it was all a no brainer system.
Pros
several breaks/ provided lunch room and refridgerator and microwave
Cons
great benefits and $1 more an hour for perfect attendence
Collections
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at work is working 12 hours on as an operator on a different machine. Not limited to writing reports and doing inventory. Also checking packaging making sure ready for shipment, and ensuring that packaging products meet requirements to ship.
good work habbits in this place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2016
this was a good job to work at when their was work. the place always had too many peoplecome in and they would send home to fast ut other than that it was cool.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Molding Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCOctober 5, 2016
Great environment where you learn about different parts that will get molded together,also checking to make sure everything is properly together and machine is operated, and shippin items out to different company.
Pros
CHALLENGING
Cons
HOT
Work
Packer and Packager (Current Employee) –  Townsend, MADecember 9, 2016
A typical day at work at sterilite is hard but at the same time fun. everyone at work is very nice, kind, and they help each other with anything you need.
Good job
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  AmericaJuly 20, 2016
I enjoyed working there I wish I had enough to continue Workin.i had fun and learned to become a good businessman .I. I will prefer the job to anyone.u gotta be a hard worker and enough drive
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Hot wheather
Horrible
Packer Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJuly 8, 2015
Management is completely out of touch of reality. Stay far away. They have zero consideration and definitely play favorites in many different ways. The pay is decent, but raises are junk and advancement takes many, many years.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Everything else
Long and Hard.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 28, 2015
Spending 12 hours at a machine from 7:00pm until 7:00am was very demanding... Not for nothing of course we'd have 1 10-minute break and 2 30-minute breaks, but it was enjoyable for the time being spent there.

The money was excellent but at the end of it all, the hours are what did me in.

Working 3 on and 3 off was consistently demanding, but I did the best that I could with what little time I had there.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Long Hours
decent workplace with good benefits
Floor hand / Production Leader (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 17, 2014
good place to work if you are looking for a great paycheck and good benefits
Pros
good compensation
Cons
management
I loved and enjoyed working on the floor
FloorPerson (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2015
The day I was off or on vacation I missed work. This is a job that you can build and grow with I wish I was still there to this day but I did put in six years of hard work and wouldn't take it back for nothing. My co-work was fun to be around at work and away from work. The hardest part about this job is just being on your feet for 12 hours but it gets easier. I build personal relationship with people here. Supervisor was nice and understanding all you have to do was talk to them. The best part about this job its like a family away from home.
Pros
Long as I have my work done I can go chill in talk to a friend or just go take a break
Very Demanding and Challenging Job
Floor Person (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCJuly 18, 2013
Sterilite is a very demanding job. You are on your feet for twelve hours and get very limited breaks. The pay is great, but the job isn't for everyone. I do like the fact that it's demanding. It makes me challenge myself and strive to always do better than the day before. What I don't like about Sterilite is the long hours and the constant stress I'm put under.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks, extremely long hours
productive and steady
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCNovember 11, 2015
a great place to work. i enjoy coming to work and jus doing my job its a very fast paced environment with great co-workers and supportive management. i met my production goals daily no matter what station i was assigned to.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun and enjoyable, meeting new people everyday
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 12, 2015
I am a people person. There were new people coming in often, I got to show my skills off and show them how to operate the fast running machines .
fast paced, hot, long hours.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJune 7, 2012
""ZERO"" tolerance attendance policy. God forbid your children or you get sick. Or an unexpected detour in your work route. there is opportunity for growth, if you want to. the hardest part, would be the robotic presses. good luck with that. management is pretty fair. most of the time. non-smoking facility. starting pay is @ 11 dollars.
Pros
checks are nice on a 48 hour work week.
Cons
very, very hot place to work.
Factory Operator
Production factory line operator (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 18, 2013
I worked 12 hours a day as a temp. I assembled many sterilite products. I got laid off.
Cons
long hours, short breaks, no healthcare, no retirement
Day as a stacker
Stacker (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXSeptember 1, 2015
I am a stacker. I stack trucks for 12 hours. Each truck should be done within an hour depending on the load. Each truck should be stacked high and tight for the best fit. You work on teams of two forklift drivers and two stackers. You need good cooperation to ensure the truck gets loaded timely and without any injury to stackers.
Fast Pace Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXAugust 24, 2013
I learned many things to help me grow to move forward in new job oppertunites. The management was not to helpful but the co-worker were very willing to help other learn. The hardest part of the day was only the short breaks other than everyone getting along with one another and giving helping hand and sharing there learning skills i would say was very over enjoyable.
Pros
helping co-workers, over-time
Cons
short breaks or none at all
Incredibly fast paced and great learning atmosphere.
Temporary Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCNovember 2, 2014
Speaking with trucking companies to schedule pick up loads, reschedule and cancelling loads. Preparing load work such as paperwork and labels to go onto boxes that are being shipped out. Taking phone calls and checking in truck drivers. Entering data into computer, running SCAT codes, organizing and filing paperwork.
Pros
This was my favorite job there was always new things to learn which kept it interesting and fun
Cons
lunch break was short usually consisted of working while eating, impatient drivers but manageable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterilite Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.